|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
(a) He reads the French morning papers, smokes and sets to work on the typewriter.
(b) He has a cup of coffee and then decides to go home.
(c) He tries to concentrate on his typing, but can't hold a clear thought.
(d) He sits at his desk, wallowing in self-pity.
2. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
(a) He doesn't have anything to say about her. He doesn't want to discuss it.
(b) She is not worth the time of day. Stay away from her.
(c) She's nice and her name is Lady Ashley. She is getting a divorce, so she can marry someone named Mike Campbell.
(d) She will hurt you if you try to get close.
3. Where does Jake go after he leaves the archivist's office?
(a) He goes to the barber and takes a bath.
(b) He walks to the bull-fighting arena, sits in the stands and thinks.
(c) He walks to the cathedral, goes inside and prays.
(d) He walks back to the Hotel Montoya and takes a nap.
4. What is the name of the bull fighter that Montoya introduces to Jake and Bill?
(a) Pedro Romero
(b) Pedro Iruna
(c) Señor Gayarra
(d) Jose Fermin
5. How does Jake feel about Robert Cohn after Brett does not show up on the train?
(a) Jake is unforgiving and jealous of Cohn. He hates him and wants to hurt him.
(b) He thinks Cohn is a good friend and has a pleasant attitude.
(c) He sympathizes with Cohn's disappointment when Brett doesn't show up.
(d) He lets bygones be bygones and forgives Cohn for going to San Sebastian with Brett.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jake, Bill, and Cohen drive across the plain to Pamplona, what is their first view of the town?
2. What types of emotion do Jake and his friends feel after the bull fight is over?
3. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
4. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
5. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)