|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of emotion do Jake and his friends feel after the bull fight is over?
(a) Disturbed and elated
(b) Subdued and disturbed
(c) Excited and aggressive
(d) Disgusted and drained
2. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
(a) He sits at his desk, wallowing in self-pity.
(b) He has a cup of coffee and then decides to go home.
(c) He reads the French morning papers, smokes and sets to work on the typewriter.
(d) He tries to concentrate on his typing, but can't hold a clear thought.
3. Where does Jake go after he leaves the archivist's office?
(a) He walks back to the Hotel Montoya and takes a nap.
(b) He walks to the bull-fighting arena, sits in the stands and thinks.
(c) He walks to the cathedral, goes inside and prays.
(d) He goes to the barber and takes a bath.
4. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
(a) He walks down the street in a fog, not noticing the events around him.
(b) He feels it is a fine and pleasant morning.
(c) He is still distraught over Brett and skips breakfast.
(d) He wishes he had stayed in bed.
5. As Jake, Bill, and Cohen drive across the plain to Pamplona, what is their first view of the town?
(a) Pamplona is on top of a high mountain with small huts around the perimeter.
(b) Pamplona's walls lead up to the town which has only a bull ring in its center.
(c) Pamplona is obscured by forests on a flat piece of land.
(d) The walls of Pamplona rise out of the plain, then a brown cathedral and other churches. The mountains are all around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
2. What do Jake, Bill and Cohn decide to do after Jake receives the telegram from Brett says she and Mike stopped in San Sebastian for the night?
3. Jake says that the first meal in Spain is "always a shock". What does the meal consist of?
4. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
5. How is Robert Cohn feeling while he and Jake wait for Brett's train to arrive?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)