|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
(a) His budget won't allow him to go out much.
(b) He has to work nights.
(c) He is too tired by the end of the work day.
(d) It's hard getting out with a wife and children.
2. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
(a) He walks down the street in a fog, not noticing the events around him.
(b) He wishes he had stayed in bed.
(c) He is still distraught over Brett and skips breakfast.
(d) He feels it is a fine and pleasant morning.
3. What do Bill and Cohn make a bet over while eating at the Hotel Montoya?
(a) Bill bets Cohn fifty pesetas that Brett and Mike arrive that evening. Cohen says that they won't come.
(b) Cohn bets Bill one hundred pesetas that Brett and Mike will show up the next day.
(c) Cohn bets Bill that he will not last to the end of the brutal bull fights.
(d) Cohn bets Bill that he will not be able to finish all the courses of the Spanish meal.
4. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
(a) The Spanish carabineers open one bag and look at the passport.
(b) The Spanish carabineers do not bother with the bags, but check the passport.
(c) The Spanish carabineers do a full body search on each traveler and check the passport.
(d) The Spanish carabineers empty every bag and check the passport.
5. What types of emotion do Jake and his friends feel after the bull fight is over?
(a) Disgusted and drained
(b) Disturbed and elated
(c) Subdued and disturbed
(d) Excited and aggressive
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake says that the first meal in Spain is "always a shock". What does the meal consist of?
2. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
3. What is one of the methods smugglers use to cross from France into Spain?
4. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
5. How long does the fiesta last?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)