|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of the countryside in the Basque country?
(a) Overdeveloped land with many roads and vehicles
(b) Dry, infertile land with small thatched huts scattered throughout
(c) The land is very rich and green with houses in good, clean condition.
(d) Barren, forgettable countryside with small, dirty villages
2. What is the name of the hotel that Jake, Bill and Cohen stay at in Pamplona?
(a) Hotel Torino
(b) Hotel Basque
(c) Hotel Montoya
(d) Hotel Bayonne
3. What types of emotion do Jake and his friends feel after the bull fight is over?
(a) Disturbed and elated
(b) Disgusted and drained
(c) Excited and aggressive
(d) Subdued and disturbed
4. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Woolsey and Krum
(b) Cohn and Brett
(c) Brett and Georgette
(d) Braddocks and Cohn
5. What is one of the methods smugglers use to cross from France into Spain?
(a) They try to convince other travelers to hide them in their vehicles.
(b) They take boats down the stream.
(c) They wade across the stream.
(d) They wait for nightfall and sneak through the Spanish frontier.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
2. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
3. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
4. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
5. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)