|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
(a) He blames his attitude on his war injury.
(b) He says that he had a rough night and isn't thinking straight.
(c) He says that he is only telling the truth.
(d) He explains that he has a nasty tongue but he doesn't mean what he says.
2. What do Bill and Cohn make a bet over while eating at the Hotel Montoya?
(a) Cohn bets Bill that he will not last to the end of the brutal bull fights.
(b) Cohn bets Bill one hundred pesetas that Brett and Mike will show up the next day.
(c) Cohn bets Bill that he will not be able to finish all the courses of the Spanish meal.
(d) Bill bets Cohn fifty pesetas that Brett and Mike arrive that evening. Cohen says that they won't come.
3. How does Pedro Romero's bull fighting invoke emotion in the crowd?
(a) He uses many tricks to make it look like he is in danger.
(b) He keeps the purity of line in his movements, letting the bull's horns pass closely by him.
(c) He loudly cheers each time the bull passes him.
(d) He corkscrews his body and leans away from the bull as it runs by.
4. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
(a) Jake is sick and tired of hearing about South America, telling Cohn to drop the subject.
(b) Jake is furious when Cohn makes a joke about his war injury.
(c) Cohn is angry that Jake insults Brett by saying she married someone she didn't love, twice. Jake also tells him to go to hell.
(d) Cohn is insulted when Jake tells him to leave Frances because she is no good for him.
5. What is one of the methods smugglers use to cross from France into Spain?
(a) They try to convince other travelers to hide them in their vehicles.
(b) They take boats down the stream.
(c) They wade across the stream.
(d) They wait for nightfall and sneak through the Spanish frontier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
2. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
3. Where does Jake go after he leaves the archivist's office?
4. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
5. What do Jake, Bill and Cohn decide to do after Jake receives the telegram from Brett says she and Mike stopped in San Sebastian for the night?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)