|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the methods smugglers use to cross from France into Spain?
(a) They wait for nightfall and sneak through the Spanish frontier.
(b) They wade across the stream.
(c) They take boats down the stream.
(d) They try to convince other travelers to hide them in their vehicles.
2. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
(a) He tells Jake that he doesn't want to see him again.
(b) He insults Jake, saying that he is not worth the trouble.
(c) He threatens Jake and tells him to watch his tongue.
(d) He tells Jake that he is the best friend he has.
3. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
(a) A nice Spanish town, very clean, on a large river
(b) A smelly Spanish town with a rancid river running through it
(c) A dirty Spanish town, cluttered with litter
(d) A gloomy Spanish town with dark, unkempt streets
4. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
(a) The Spanish carabineers do a full body search on each traveler and check the passport.
(b) The Spanish carabineers open one bag and look at the passport.
(c) The Spanish carabineers do not bother with the bags, but check the passport.
(d) The Spanish carabineers empty every bag and check the passport.
5. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
(a) She will hurt you if you try to get close.
(b) He doesn't have anything to say about her. He doesn't want to discuss it.
(c) She is not worth the time of day. Stay away from her.
(d) She's nice and her name is Lady Ashley. She is getting a divorce, so she can marry someone named Mike Campbell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake says that the first meal in Spain is "always a shock". What does the meal consist of?
2. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
3. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
4. How does Pedro Romero's bull fighting invoke emotion in the crowd?
5. What is the name of the bull fighter that Montoya introduces to Jake and Bill?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)