|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pedro Romero's bull fighting invoke emotion in the crowd?
(a) He loudly cheers each time the bull passes him.
(b) He keeps the purity of line in his movements, letting the bull's horns pass closely by him.
(c) He uses many tricks to make it look like he is in danger.
(d) He corkscrews his body and leans away from the bull as it runs by.
2. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
(a) Cohn is angry that Jake insults Brett by saying she married someone she didn't love, twice. Jake also tells him to go to hell.
(b) Cohn is insulted when Jake tells him to leave Frances because she is no good for him.
(c) Jake is sick and tired of hearing about South America, telling Cohn to drop the subject.
(d) Jake is furious when Cohn makes a joke about his war injury.
3. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
(a) He first saw her in a café in Paris.
(b) She was a V.A.D. in a hospital he was in during the war.
(c) They met while on a cruise to England.
(d) He met her in a bar in America.
4. As Jake, Bill, and Cohen drive across the plain to Pamplona, what is their first view of the town?
(a) The walls of Pamplona rise out of the plain, then a brown cathedral and other churches. The mountains are all around.
(b) Pamplona's walls lead up to the town which has only a bull ring in its center.
(c) Pamplona is on top of a high mountain with small huts around the perimeter.
(d) Pamplona is obscured by forests on a flat piece of land.
5. What is Cohn's response when Bill suggests that he not look at the horses when the bull gores them?
(a) Cohn tells Bill to mind his own business.
(b) Cohn is worried he might faint at the sight of the horse's blood.
(c) Cohn says that he is only worried that he will be bored.
(d) Cohn is afraid he will not be able to look at the dying horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
2. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
3. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
4. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
5. What is the name of the religious festival celebrated on July 6?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)