|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
(a) She's nice and her name is Lady Ashley. She is getting a divorce, so she can marry someone named Mike Campbell.
(b) He doesn't have anything to say about her. He doesn't want to discuss it.
(c) She will hurt you if you try to get close.
(d) She is not worth the time of day. Stay away from her.
2. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
(a) He wishes he had stayed in bed.
(b) He is still distraught over Brett and skips breakfast.
(c) He walks down the street in a fog, not noticing the events around him.
(d) He feels it is a fine and pleasant morning.
3. How does Pedro Romero's bull fighting invoke emotion in the crowd?
(a) He corkscrews his body and leans away from the bull as it runs by.
(b) He keeps the purity of line in his movements, letting the bull's horns pass closely by him.
(c) He loudly cheers each time the bull passes him.
(d) He uses many tricks to make it look like he is in danger.
4. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Woolsey and Krum
(b) Brett and Georgette
(c) Cohn and Brett
(d) Braddocks and Cohn
5. What do Jake, Bill and Cohn decide to do after Jake receives the telegram from Brett says she and Mike stopped in San Sebastian for the night?
(a) They decide that Jake and Cohn will go on to Burgete, and Bill will wait for Brett.
(b) They decide to take the noon bus for Burguete.
(c) They decide to wait until the next day before they go to Burguete.
(d) They decide to go to San Sebastian to meet Brett and Mike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bill and Cohn make a bet over while eating at the Hotel Montoya?
2. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
3. What is one of the methods smugglers use to cross from France into Spain?
4. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
5. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)