|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the religious festival celebrated on July 6?
(a) San Fermin
(b) San Sombra
(c) San Pamplona
(d) San Riau
2. How does Jake feel about Robert Cohn after Brett does not show up on the train?
(a) Jake is unforgiving and jealous of Cohn. He hates him and wants to hurt him.
(b) He lets bygones be bygones and forgives Cohn for going to San Sebastian with Brett.
(c) He thinks Cohn is a good friend and has a pleasant attitude.
(d) He sympathizes with Cohn's disappointment when Brett doesn't show up.
3. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
(a) He wishes he had stayed in bed.
(b) He walks down the street in a fog, not noticing the events around him.
(c) He is still distraught over Brett and skips breakfast.
(d) He feels it is a fine and pleasant morning.
4. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Brett and Georgette
(b) Woolsey and Krum
(c) Braddocks and Cohn
(d) Cohn and Brett
5. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
(a) He tries to concentrate on his typing, but can't hold a clear thought.
(b) He has a cup of coffee and then decides to go home.
(c) He sits at his desk, wallowing in self-pity.
(d) He reads the French morning papers, smokes and sets to work on the typewriter.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jake, Bill, and Cohen drive across the plain to Pamplona, what is their first view of the town?
2. What is one of the methods smugglers use to cross from France into Spain?
3. What is the condition of the countryside in the Basque country?
4. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
5. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)