|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jake, Bill, and Cohen drive across the plain to Pamplona, what is their first view of the town?
(a) The walls of Pamplona rise out of the plain, then a brown cathedral and other churches. The mountains are all around.
(b) Pamplona is obscured by forests on a flat piece of land.
(c) Pamplona's walls lead up to the town which has only a bull ring in its center.
(d) Pamplona is on top of a high mountain with small huts around the perimeter.
2. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
(a) He is still distraught over Brett and skips breakfast.
(b) He walks down the street in a fog, not noticing the events around him.
(c) He wishes he had stayed in bed.
(d) He feels it is a fine and pleasant morning.
3. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
(a) She will hurt you if you try to get close.
(b) He doesn't have anything to say about her. He doesn't want to discuss it.
(c) She's nice and her name is Lady Ashley. She is getting a divorce, so she can marry someone named Mike Campbell.
(d) She is not worth the time of day. Stay away from her.
4. What do Bill and Cohn make a bet over while eating at the Hotel Montoya?
(a) Bill bets Cohn fifty pesetas that Brett and Mike arrive that evening. Cohen says that they won't come.
(b) Cohn bets Bill that he will not last to the end of the brutal bull fights.
(c) Cohn bets Bill one hundred pesetas that Brett and Mike will show up the next day.
(d) Cohn bets Bill that he will not be able to finish all the courses of the Spanish meal.
5. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
(a) She thinks South America is the wilderness.
(b) She wouldn't like South America. She likes to be around a lot of people.
(c) She doesn't like foreign countries.
(d) She is afraid to travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pedro Romero's bull fighting invoke emotion in the crowd?
2. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
3. What is one of the methods smugglers use to cross from France into Spain?
4. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
5. What is Cohn's response when Bill suggests that he not look at the horses when the bull gores them?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)