|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
(a) Cohn is insulted when Jake tells him to leave Frances because she is no good for him.
(b) Cohn is angry that Jake insults Brett by saying she married someone she didn't love, twice. Jake also tells him to go to hell.
(c) Jake is sick and tired of hearing about South America, telling Cohn to drop the subject.
(d) Jake is furious when Cohn makes a joke about his war injury.
2. How does Pedro Romero's bull fighting invoke emotion in the crowd?
(a) He loudly cheers each time the bull passes him.
(b) He keeps the purity of line in his movements, letting the bull's horns pass closely by him.
(c) He corkscrews his body and leans away from the bull as it runs by.
(d) He uses many tricks to make it look like he is in danger.
3. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
(a) He is still distraught over Brett and skips breakfast.
(b) He wishes he had stayed in bed.
(c) He walks down the street in a fog, not noticing the events around him.
(d) He feels it is a fine and pleasant morning.
4. What is the name of the bull fighter that Montoya introduces to Jake and Bill?
(a) Jose Fermin
(b) Señor Gayarra
(c) Pedro Iruna
(d) Pedro Romero
5. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
(a) The Spanish carabineers do a full body search on each traveler and check the passport.
(b) The Spanish carabineers do not bother with the bags, but check the passport.
(c) The Spanish carabineers open one bag and look at the passport.
(d) The Spanish carabineers empty every bag and check the passport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
2. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
3. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
4. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
5. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)