|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of emotion do Jake and his friends feel after the bull fight is over?
(a) Subdued and disturbed
(b) Disturbed and elated
(c) Excited and aggressive
(d) Disgusted and drained
2. What is Cohn's response when Bill suggests that he not look at the horses when the bull gores them?
(a) Cohn is afraid he will not be able to look at the dying horses.
(b) Cohn is worried he might faint at the sight of the horse's blood.
(c) Cohn tells Bill to mind his own business.
(d) Cohn says that he is only worried that he will be bored.
3. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
(a) He has a cup of coffee and then decides to go home.
(b) He reads the French morning papers, smokes and sets to work on the typewriter.
(c) He sits at his desk, wallowing in self-pity.
(d) He tries to concentrate on his typing, but can't hold a clear thought.
4. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
(a) He feels it is a fine and pleasant morning.
(b) He walks down the street in a fog, not noticing the events around him.
(c) He wishes he had stayed in bed.
(d) He is still distraught over Brett and skips breakfast.
5. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
(a) He threatens Jake and tells him to watch his tongue.
(b) He insults Jake, saying that he is not worth the trouble.
(c) He tells Jake that he doesn't want to see him again.
(d) He tells Jake that he is the best friend he has.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
2. What is the condition of the countryside in the Basque country?
3. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
4. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
5. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)