|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jake go after he leaves the archivist's office?
(a) He goes to the barber and takes a bath.
(b) He walks to the cathedral, goes inside and prays.
(c) He walks to the bull-fighting arena, sits in the stands and thinks.
(d) He walks back to the Hotel Montoya and takes a nap.
2. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
(a) He has a cup of coffee and then decides to go home.
(b) He tries to concentrate on his typing, but can't hold a clear thought.
(c) He sits at his desk, wallowing in self-pity.
(d) He reads the French morning papers, smokes and sets to work on the typewriter.
3. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Brett and Georgette
(b) Woolsey and Krum
(c) Cohn and Brett
(d) Braddocks and Cohn
4. What is the name of the hotel that Jake, Bill and Cohen stay at in Pamplona?
(a) Hotel Bayonne
(b) Hotel Torino
(c) Hotel Basque
(d) Hotel Montoya
5. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
(a) Cohn is insulted when Jake tells him to leave Frances because she is no good for him.
(b) Cohn is angry that Jake insults Brett by saying she married someone she didn't love, twice. Jake also tells him to go to hell.
(c) Jake is furious when Cohn makes a joke about his war injury.
(d) Jake is sick and tired of hearing about South America, telling Cohn to drop the subject.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
2. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
3. What is one of the methods smugglers use to cross from France into Spain?
4. How long does the fiesta last?
5. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)