|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jake go after he leaves the archivist's office?
(a) He walks to the bull-fighting arena, sits in the stands and thinks.
(b) He goes to the barber and takes a bath.
(c) He walks back to the Hotel Montoya and takes a nap.
(d) He walks to the cathedral, goes inside and prays.
2. Jake says that the first meal in Spain is "always a shock". What does the meal consist of?
(a) Hors d'oeuvres, an egg course, two meat courses, vegetables, salad, dessert and fruit with wine to wash it down
(b) Rolled olive leaves, smoked fish, and spicy vegetables
(c) Poached eggs with cheese sauce, spicy beans, hot vegetable stew
(d) Spicy beans with hot sauce, spicy vegetables, dried beef
3. How is Robert Cohn feeling while he and Jake wait for Brett's train to arrive?
(a) He is feverish and shaky.
(b) He is relaxed and pleasant.
(c) He is extremely nervous and eager.
(d) He is nonchalant.
4. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
(a) A nice Spanish town, very clean, on a large river
(b) A smelly Spanish town with a rancid river running through it
(c) A dirty Spanish town, cluttered with litter
(d) A gloomy Spanish town with dark, unkempt streets
5. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
(a) Jake is furious when Cohn makes a joke about his war injury.
(b) Jake is sick and tired of hearing about South America, telling Cohn to drop the subject.
(c) Cohn is insulted when Jake tells him to leave Frances because she is no good for him.
(d) Cohn is angry that Jake insults Brett by saying she married someone she didn't love, twice. Jake also tells him to go to hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
2. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
3. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
4. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
5. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)