|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jake, Bill and Cohn decide to do after Jake receives the telegram from Brett says she and Mike stopped in San Sebastian for the night?
(a) They decide to go to San Sebastian to meet Brett and Mike.
(b) They decide to wait until the next day before they go to Burguete.
(c) They decide to take the noon bus for Burguete.
(d) They decide that Jake and Cohn will go on to Burgete, and Bill will wait for Brett.
2. How does Jake feel about Robert Cohn after Brett does not show up on the train?
(a) He lets bygones be bygones and forgives Cohn for going to San Sebastian with Brett.
(b) He sympathizes with Cohn's disappointment when Brett doesn't show up.
(c) He thinks Cohn is a good friend and has a pleasant attitude.
(d) Jake is unforgiving and jealous of Cohn. He hates him and wants to hurt him.
3. As Jake, Bill, and Cohen drive across the plain to Pamplona, what is their first view of the town?
(a) The walls of Pamplona rise out of the plain, then a brown cathedral and other churches. The mountains are all around.
(b) Pamplona's walls lead up to the town which has only a bull ring in its center.
(c) Pamplona is obscured by forests on a flat piece of land.
(d) Pamplona is on top of a high mountain with small huts around the perimeter.
4. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
(a) He blames his attitude on his war injury.
(b) He says that he is only telling the truth.
(c) He explains that he has a nasty tongue but he doesn't mean what he says.
(d) He says that he had a rough night and isn't thinking straight.
5. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
(a) The Spanish carabineers do not bother with the bags, but check the passport.
(b) The Spanish carabineers do a full body search on each traveler and check the passport.
(c) The Spanish carabineers empty every bag and check the passport.
(d) The Spanish carabineers open one bag and look at the passport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
2. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
3. Jake says that the first meal in Spain is "always a shock". What does the meal consist of?
4. Where does Jake go after he leaves the archivist's office?
5. What types of emotion do Jake and his friends feel after the bull fight is over?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)