|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
(a) He is still distraught over Brett and skips breakfast.
(b) He feels it is a fine and pleasant morning.
(c) He walks down the street in a fog, not noticing the events around him.
(d) He wishes he had stayed in bed.
2. As Jake, Bill, and Cohen drive across the plain to Pamplona, what is their first view of the town?
(a) Pamplona's walls lead up to the town which has only a bull ring in its center.
(b) Pamplona is on top of a high mountain with small huts around the perimeter.
(c) Pamplona is obscured by forests on a flat piece of land.
(d) The walls of Pamplona rise out of the plain, then a brown cathedral and other churches. The mountains are all around.
3. Jake says that the first meal in Spain is "always a shock". What does the meal consist of?
(a) Spicy beans with hot sauce, spicy vegetables, dried beef
(b) Rolled olive leaves, smoked fish, and spicy vegetables
(c) Poached eggs with cheese sauce, spicy beans, hot vegetable stew
(d) Hors d'oeuvres, an egg course, two meat courses, vegetables, salad, dessert and fruit with wine to wash it down
4. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Brett and Georgette
(b) Cohn and Brett
(c) Woolsey and Krum
(d) Braddocks and Cohn
5. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
(a) Jake is sick and tired of hearing about South America, telling Cohn to drop the subject.
(b) Cohn is angry that Jake insults Brett by saying she married someone she didn't love, twice. Jake also tells him to go to hell.
(c) Jake is furious when Cohn makes a joke about his war injury.
(d) Cohn is insulted when Jake tells him to leave Frances because she is no good for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel that Jake, Bill and Cohen stay at in Pamplona?
2. What is the name of the religious festival celebrated on July 6?
3. How long does the fiesta last?
4. What is Cohn's response when Bill suggests that he not look at the horses when the bull gores them?
5. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)