|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
(a) He is still distraught over Brett and skips breakfast.
(b) He wishes he had stayed in bed.
(c) He feels it is a fine and pleasant morning.
(d) He walks down the street in a fog, not noticing the events around him.
2. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
(a) She thinks South America is the wilderness.
(b) She wouldn't like South America. She likes to be around a lot of people.
(c) She doesn't like foreign countries.
(d) She is afraid to travel.
3. What do Bill and Cohn make a bet over while eating at the Hotel Montoya?
(a) Bill bets Cohn fifty pesetas that Brett and Mike arrive that evening. Cohen says that they won't come.
(b) Cohn bets Bill that he will not be able to finish all the courses of the Spanish meal.
(c) Cohn bets Bill one hundred pesetas that Brett and Mike will show up the next day.
(d) Cohn bets Bill that he will not last to the end of the brutal bull fights.
4. What is Cohn's response when Bill suggests that he not look at the horses when the bull gores them?
(a) Cohn says that he is only worried that he will be bored.
(b) Cohn is afraid he will not be able to look at the dying horses.
(c) Cohn tells Bill to mind his own business.
(d) Cohn is worried he might faint at the sight of the horse's blood.
5. How does Pedro Romero's bull fighting invoke emotion in the crowd?
(a) He uses many tricks to make it look like he is in danger.
(b) He loudly cheers each time the bull passes him.
(c) He corkscrews his body and leans away from the bull as it runs by.
(d) He keeps the purity of line in his movements, letting the bull's horns pass closely by him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jake, Bill and Cohn decide to do after Jake receives the telegram from Brett says she and Mike stopped in San Sebastian for the night?
2. As Jake, Bill, and Cohen drive across the plain to Pamplona, what is their first view of the town?
3. Where does Jake go after he leaves the archivist's office?
4. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
5. Jake says that the first meal in Spain is "always a shock". What does the meal consist of?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)