|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
(a) He threatens Jake and tells him to watch his tongue.
(b) He tells Jake that he doesn't want to see him again.
(c) He tells Jake that he is the best friend he has.
(d) He insults Jake, saying that he is not worth the trouble.
2. What is the name of the religious festival celebrated on July 6?
(a) San Pamplona
(b) San Riau
(c) San Sombra
(d) San Fermin
3. What is the name of the hotel that Jake, Bill and Cohen stay at in Pamplona?
(a) Hotel Basque
(b) Hotel Torino
(c) Hotel Montoya
(d) Hotel Bayonne
4. How long does the fiesta last?
(a) Day and night for three days
(b) Only daytime celebrations for seven days
(c) One day and night
(d) Day and night for seven days
5. What is the condition of the countryside in the Basque country?
(a) Overdeveloped land with many roads and vehicles
(b) Dry, infertile land with small thatched huts scattered throughout
(c) The land is very rich and green with houses in good, clean condition.
(d) Barren, forgettable countryside with small, dirty villages
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jake, Bill and Cohn decide to do after Jake receives the telegram from Brett says she and Mike stopped in San Sebastian for the night?
2. How does Pedro Romero's bull fighting invoke emotion in the crowd?
3. Jake says that the first meal in Spain is "always a shock". What does the meal consist of?
4. As Jake, Bill, and Cohen drive across the plain to Pamplona, what is their first view of the town?
5. What is the name of the bull fighter that Montoya introduces to Jake and Bill?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)