|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
(a) He is too tired by the end of the work day.
(b) His budget won't allow him to go out much.
(c) It's hard getting out with a wife and children.
(d) He has to work nights.
2. What is the name of the bull fighter that Montoya introduces to Jake and Bill?
(a) Jose Fermin
(b) Pedro Iruna
(c) Pedro Romero
(d) Señor Gayarra
3. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
(a) She will hurt you if you try to get close.
(b) She is not worth the time of day. Stay away from her.
(c) She's nice and her name is Lady Ashley. She is getting a divorce, so she can marry someone named Mike Campbell.
(d) He doesn't have anything to say about her. He doesn't want to discuss it.
4. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
(a) He sits at his desk, wallowing in self-pity.
(b) He has a cup of coffee and then decides to go home.
(c) He tries to concentrate on his typing, but can't hold a clear thought.
(d) He reads the French morning papers, smokes and sets to work on the typewriter.
5. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
(a) He feels it is a fine and pleasant morning.
(b) He walks down the street in a fog, not noticing the events around him.
(c) He is still distraught over Brett and skips breakfast.
(d) He wishes he had stayed in bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cohn's response when Bill suggests that he not look at the horses when the bull gores them?
2. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
3. What is the name of the religious festival celebrated on July 6?
4. How does Jake feel about Robert Cohn after Brett does not show up on the train?
5. What do Bill and Cohn make a bet over while eating at the Hotel Montoya?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)