|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
(a) They met while on a cruise to England.
(b) He met her in a bar in America.
(c) She was a V.A.D. in a hospital he was in during the war.
(d) He first saw her in a café in Paris.
2. How long does the fiesta last?
(a) Day and night for seven days
(b) Day and night for three days
(c) Only daytime celebrations for seven days
(d) One day and night
3. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
(a) He tells Jake that he is the best friend he has.
(b) He insults Jake, saying that he is not worth the trouble.
(c) He threatens Jake and tells him to watch his tongue.
(d) He tells Jake that he doesn't want to see him again.
4. What do Jake, Bill and Cohn decide to do after Jake receives the telegram from Brett says she and Mike stopped in San Sebastian for the night?
(a) They decide to wait until the next day before they go to Burguete.
(b) They decide to go to San Sebastian to meet Brett and Mike.
(c) They decide to take the noon bus for Burguete.
(d) They decide that Jake and Cohn will go on to Burgete, and Bill will wait for Brett.
5. What is the condition of the countryside in the Basque country?
(a) Overdeveloped land with many roads and vehicles
(b) Dry, infertile land with small thatched huts scattered throughout
(c) The land is very rich and green with houses in good, clean condition.
(d) Barren, forgettable countryside with small, dirty villages
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
2. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
3. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
4. How is Robert Cohn feeling while he and Jake wait for Brett's train to arrive?
5. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)