|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the religious festival celebrated on July 6?
(a) San Fermin
(b) San Sombra
(c) San Pamplona
(d) San Riau
2. What is the condition of the countryside in the Basque country?
(a) Dry, infertile land with small thatched huts scattered throughout
(b) The land is very rich and green with houses in good, clean condition.
(c) Barren, forgettable countryside with small, dirty villages
(d) Overdeveloped land with many roads and vehicles
3. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
(a) A dirty Spanish town, cluttered with litter
(b) A gloomy Spanish town with dark, unkempt streets
(c) A nice Spanish town, very clean, on a large river
(d) A smelly Spanish town with a rancid river running through it
4. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
(a) She will hurt you if you try to get close.
(b) He doesn't have anything to say about her. He doesn't want to discuss it.
(c) She's nice and her name is Lady Ashley. She is getting a divorce, so she can marry someone named Mike Campbell.
(d) She is not worth the time of day. Stay away from her.
5. What is the name of the hotel that Jake, Bill and Cohen stay at in Pamplona?
(a) Hotel Torino
(b) Hotel Basque
(c) Hotel Bayonne
(d) Hotel Montoya
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
2. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
3. What is one of the methods smugglers use to cross from France into Spain?
4. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
5. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)