One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the methods smugglers use to cross from France into Spain?
(a) They wade across the stream.
(b) They wait for nightfall and sneak through the Spanish frontier.
(c) They take boats down the stream.
(d) They try to convince other travelers to hide them in their vehicles.
2. How long does the fiesta last?
(a) Day and night for seven days
(b) Only daytime celebrations for seven days
(c) Day and night for three days
(d) One day and night
3. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
(a) He says that his writing is speeding along and he is on the final chapter.
(b) He says that he can't seem to get started on his second book and he is worried.
(c) He says that he has decided not to write anymore.
(d) He says that all is going well and he is half way through his second book.
4. How does Pedro Romero's bull fighting invoke emotion in the crowd?
(a) He loudly cheers each time the bull passes him.
(b) He keeps the purity of line in his movements, letting the bull's horns pass closely by him.
(c) He corkscrews his body and leans away from the bull as it runs by.
(d) He uses many tricks to make it look like he is in danger.
5. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
(a) Jake is furious when Cohn makes a joke about his war injury.
(b) Cohn is angry that Jake insults Brett by saying she married someone she didn't love, twice. Jake also tells him to go to hell.
(c) Cohn is insulted when Jake tells him to leave Frances because she is no good for him.
(d) Jake is sick and tired of hearing about South America, telling Cohn to drop the subject.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jake, Bill, and Cohen drive across the plain to Pamplona, what is their first view of the town?
2. What types of emotion do Jake and his friends feel after the bull fight is over?
3. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
4. What is the name of the hotel that Jake, Bill and Cohen stay at in Pamplona?
5. What is the name of the religious festival celebrated on July 6?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)