Essay Topic 1
1) Do you think Jake is truthful as the narrator?
2) Describe his emotions while he tells the story.
3) Is he jealous, angry, drunk, tolerant or impartial?
4) Cite examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
1) Analyze the character of Robert Cohn.
2) How is he depicted by the narrator?
3) How do his own words and actions reveal his character?
4) What do Mike, Brett, Harvey Stone and Bill feel about Robert Cohn?
Essay Topic 3
1) Compare and contrast Jake Barnes and his friend Bill Gorton.
2) What are their personalities, behaviors, speech, attitudes, and physical appearances?
3) Are they true to life characters?
4) How do they relate to one another?
Essay Topic 4
1) Analyze Robert Cohn's obsession with Lady Brett Ashley.
2) How do his feelings for Brett affect his fiancée, Frances?
3) What kind of an impact does his obsession have on Mike Campbell, Jake Barnes, and Pedro Romero?
4) Is his obsession with Brett ever...
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)