|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara do when the person she thought stole Charlie's watch insists on helping her?
2. What does Joe ask Sara to do with him the night after Charlie is found?
3. Why does Charlie start screaming?
4. Where does Charlie picture himself just after waking up?
5. Where did Charlie wake up when Sara broke her nose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara find ironic about her inability to cry about Charlie being gone?
2. Why did some boys take Charlie's watch?
3. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans flying?
4. Why does Charlie not feel upset when he realizes he is lost?
5. What does Charlie do when Sara tries to show him the flying swans?
6. What does Sam do when he comes to visit his children?
7. Why does Charlie start to scream when he wakes up in the woods?
8. How does Sara feel when she gets to the top of the hill?
9. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
10. What does Aunt Willie say to Sara about Sam, and what is Sara's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)