|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hears Charlie screaming first?
2. What does Joe do when Sara gets to the top of the hill?
3. Where does Willie think Charlie is?
4. What causes Sara to doubt her conviction about who stole Charlie's watch?
5. What does Willie do after calling the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aunt Willie say to Sara about Sam, and what is Sara's response?
2. What does Joe say when Sara apologizes for being so mean when she thought he stole Charlie's watch?
3. What does Sara compare her search for Charlie to?
4. Why did some boys take Charlie's watch?
5. What happened to Charlie when Sara broke her nose?
6. How does Sara feel when she gets to the top of the hill?
7. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
8. How did Sara find out the truth about who took Charlie's watch?
9. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans flying?
10. Why does Charlie's watch stop working, and what does he do about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary and Sara are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)