|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Charlie run to first when he gets out of the woods?
2. What animal scares Charlie when he tries to fix his watch?
3. Who does Sara think stole Charlie's watch?
4. What does Sara know Charlie would be doing if he wasn't lost when Joe suggests a break?
5. How did Sara break her nose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlie's watch stop working, and what does he do about this?
2. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans flying?
3. What does Sara compare her search for Charlie to?
4. What does Sam do when he comes to visit his children?
5. How did Sara find out the truth about who took Charlie's watch?
6. What does Charlie want before he will follow Sara out of the ravine, and how is this need fulfilled?
7. What causes Sara to doubt her initial idea of who took Charlie's watch?
8. What does Charlie do when Sara tries to show him the flying swans?
9. What does Joe say when Sara apologizes for being so mean when she thought he stole Charlie's watch?
10. What does Sara find ironic about her inability to cry about Charlie being gone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)