|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who winds Charlie's watch for him?
2. How does Joe describe the party that is happening that night?
3. What does Willie say will make Sara very sorry?
4. Where did Charlie wake up when Sara broke her nose?
5. Why does Joe want to climb a big strip mining hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sara feel when she gets to the top of the hill?
2. What causes Sara to doubt her initial idea of who took Charlie's watch?
3. Why does Charlie not feel upset when he realizes he is lost?
4. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
5. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
6. What does Charlie do when Sara tries to show him the flying swans?
7. What does Sara compare her search for Charlie to?
8. What does Sam do when he comes to visit his children?
9. What does Aunt Willie say to Sara about Sam, and what is Sara's response?
10. What does Joe say when Sara apologizes for being so mean when she thought he stole Charlie's watch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of special needs children was central to this plot. How did this theme affect the main characters, and why do you think this was such an important theme for the author to present with this book.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)