|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sara grab Joe's arm when they are on the hill?
2. Where does Sara first hear public news of Charlie's disappearance?
3. Who tells Sara the truth about who stole Charlie's watch?
4. How does Sara feel when she hears Joe's part in the chaos with Charlie's watch?
5. How does Sara feel as she runs towards the ravine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe say when Sara apologizes for being so mean when she thought he stole Charlie's watch?
2. What happened to Charlie when Sara broke her nose?
3. How does Sara feel when she gets to the top of the hill?
4. Why did some boys take Charlie's watch?
5. Why does Charlie not feel upset when he realizes he is lost?
6. What does Charlie do when Sara tries to show him the flying swans?
7. What causes Sara to doubt her initial idea of who took Charlie's watch?
8. What does Sara do when Joe insists on helping to find Charlie?
9. Why does Charlie start to scream when he wakes up in the woods?
10. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sara presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on beauty. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)