|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara compare Joe to when she is climbing the dirt hill?
2. How does Sara reply to the suggestion that they take a break?
3. Who returned Charlie's watch to him?
4. Where did Charlie wake up when Sara broke her nose?
5. How does Sara feel when she gets out of the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara find ironic about her inability to cry about Charlie being gone?
2. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans flying?
3. What does Charlie want before he will follow Sara out of the ravine, and how is this need fulfilled?
4. What does Charlie do when Sara tries to show him the flying swans?
5. Why does Charlie not feel upset when he realizes he is lost?
6. What does Joe find in the woods, and why is this such good news to Sara?
7. Why did some boys take Charlie's watch?
8. How does Sara feel when she gets to the top of the hill?
9. What does Joe say when Sara apologizes for being so mean when she thought he stole Charlie's watch?
10. What does Aunt Willie say to Sara about Sam, and what is Sara's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sara presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on beauty. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)