|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Charlie wake up when Sara broke her nose?
2. What does Sara think she can hear while she is on the top of the hill?
3. What does Charlie sit on when he gives up on finding his way home?
4. What does Sara try to get Charlie to notice when they get out of the woods?
5. What does Sara know Charlie would be doing if he wasn't lost when Joe suggests a break?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Sara to doubt her initial idea of who took Charlie's watch?
2. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
3. What does Sam do when he comes to visit his children?
4. What happened to Charlie when Sara broke her nose?
5. What does Sara do when Joe insists on helping to find Charlie?
6. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans flying?
7. What does Sara compare her search for Charlie to?
8. What does Charlie do when Sara tries to show him the flying swans?
9. Why does Charlie's watch stop working, and what does he do about this?
10. How does Sara feel when she gets to the top of the hill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)