|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hears Charlie screaming first?
2. Who does Charlie run to first when he gets out of the woods?
3. What does Willie do after calling the police?
4. Where does Willie think Charlie is?
5. Why does Charlie start screaming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe find in the woods, and why is this such good news to Sara?
2. What does Sara find ironic about her inability to cry about Charlie being gone?
3. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
4. What causes Sara to doubt her initial idea of who took Charlie's watch?
5. What happened to Charlie when Sara broke her nose?
6. How did Sara find out the truth about who took Charlie's watch?
7. What does Sam do when he comes to visit his children?
8. What does Charlie do when Sara tries to show him the flying swans?
9. What does Aunt Willie say to Sara about Sam, and what is Sara's response?
10. Why does Charlie start to scream when he wakes up in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)