|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Sara when Charlie's watch was stolen?
2. What is Sara not able to do when she gets emotional while at the top of the hill?
3. What does Charlie sit on when he gives up on finding his way home?
4. Who assures Sara that everything will be all right when she gets panicked?
5. What causes Sara to doubt her conviction about who stole Charlie's watch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe say when Sara apologizes for being so mean when she thought he stole Charlie's watch?
2. How did Sara find out the truth about who took Charlie's watch?
3. Why does Charlie start to scream when he wakes up in the woods?
4. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
5. What does Sara do when Joe insists on helping to find Charlie?
6. Why does Charlie not feel upset when he realizes he is lost?
7. What does Charlie want before he will follow Sara out of the ravine, and how is this need fulfilled?
8. What does Sam do when he comes to visit his children?
9. Why does Charlie's watch stop working, and what does he do about this?
10. Why did some boys take Charlie's watch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sara presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on beauty. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)