|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assures Sara that everything will be all right when she gets panicked?
2. How does Sara feel when she hears Joe's part in the chaos with Charlie's watch?
3. What does Joe ask Sara to do with him the night after Charlie is found?
4. Where does Sara meet the other searchers?
5. What does Sara think looks more like Charlie than a picture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Charlie when Sara broke her nose?
2. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
3. What does Charlie do when Sara tries to show him the flying swans?
4. What causes Sara to doubt her initial idea of who took Charlie's watch?
5. Why did some boys take Charlie's watch?
6. How does Sara feel when she gets to the top of the hill?
7. What does Sara do when Joe insists on helping to find Charlie?
8. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans flying?
9. What does Joe find in the woods, and why is this such good news to Sara?
10. What does Sara compare her search for Charlie to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Sara endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)