|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sara not able to do when she gets emotional while at the top of the hill?
2. What does Mary complain about most while she is searching for Charlie?
3. Where has Charlie been lost before this?
4. What does Sara give to Charlie when she finds him?
5. How does Sara feel when she gets out of the woods?
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Betsy Byars have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)