|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe do when Sara gets to the top of the hill?
2. Why does Joe want to climb a big strip mining hill?
3. What is in Mary's hair while she is looking for Charlie?
4. How does Sara feel when she hears Joe's part in the chaos with Charlie's watch?
5. Where has Charlie been lost before this?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
2. Why does Charlie's watch stop working, and what does he do about this?
3. What does Sara think when she first sees Charlie in the ravine?
4. What does Sam do when he comes to visit his children?
5. What does Aunt Willie say to Sara about Sam, and what is Sara's response?
6. Why did some boys take Charlie's watch?
7. What did Sara do to a girl who called Charlie a retard in a mean way?
8. Why does Charlie not feel upset when he realizes he is lost?
9. How does Sara feel when she gets to the top of the hill?
10. How did Sara find out the truth about who took Charlie's watch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Sara endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)