|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara do when she gets to the top of the hill?
2. What does Charlie do when he first sees Sara?
3. What were the boys teasing Charlie with when they took his watch?
4. Who does Sara run into as she is leaving her house after her father is called?
5. What is Sara's father's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara find ironic about her inability to cry about Charlie being gone?
2. Why does Charlie start to scream when he wakes up in the woods?
3. What does Sara compare her search for Charlie to?
4. What did Sara do to a girl who called Charlie a retard in a mean way?
5. What does Sam do when he comes to visit his children?
6. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
7. How did Sara find out the truth about who took Charlie's watch?
8. What does Charlie do when Sara tries to show him the flying swans?
9. What does Joe find in the woods, and why is this such good news to Sara?
10. What does Joe say when Sara apologizes for being so mean when she thought he stole Charlie's watch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Betsy Byars have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)