|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara's father do on the weekends he comes to visit his children?
2. Who does Sara run into as she is leaving her house after her father is called?
3. How did Sara break her nose?
4. Where does Willie think Charlie is?
5. What does Sara know Charlie would be doing if he wasn't lost when Joe suggests a break?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did some boys take Charlie's watch?
2. What does Charlie want before he will follow Sara out of the ravine, and how is this need fulfilled?
3. What does Charlie do when Sara tries to show him the flying swans?
4. What does Sara think when she first sees Charlie in the ravine?
5. How did Sara find out the truth about who took Charlie's watch?
6. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
7. What did Sara do to a girl who called Charlie a retard in a mean way?
8. What does Sara do when Joe insists on helping to find Charlie?
9. What does Joe say when Sara apologizes for being so mean when she thought he stole Charlie's watch?
10. What does Joe find in the woods, and why is this such good news to Sara?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sara presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on beauty. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)