|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie say will make Sara very sorry?
2. What causes Sara to doubt her conviction about who stole Charlie's watch?
3. How long do Joe and Sara walk together until Joe suggests they take a break?
4. What is Sara not able to do when she gets emotional while at the top of the hill?
5. What does Willie do after calling the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
2. What does Sara do when Joe insists on helping to find Charlie?
3. What causes Sara to doubt her initial idea of who took Charlie's watch?
4. Why did some boys take Charlie's watch?
5. What did Sara do to a girl who called Charlie a retard in a mean way?
6. Why does Charlie's watch stop working, and what does he do about this?
7. What happened to Charlie when Sara broke her nose?
8. What does Joe find in the woods, and why is this such good news to Sara?
9. Why does Charlie start to scream when he wakes up in the woods?
10. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans flying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary and Sara are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)