|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie do after calling the police?
2. What does Sara think she can hear while she is on the top of the hill?
3. Where does Sara go after her aunt calls her father?
4. How often is Charlie's watch usually wound?
5. Who is Willie talking to when Sara comes back from the lake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Mary and Sara are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)