|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Charlie been lost before this?
2. What does Joe do to encourage Sara to the top of the hill?
3. How does Sara feel when she gets out of the woods?
4. What is Sara's father's name?
5. How does Sara feel when she hears Joe's part in the chaos with Charlie's watch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Betsy Byars have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Mary and Sara are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)