|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie decide to do when he thinks something came to visit him?
2. What color was Sara trying to dye her shoes?
3. Why does Willie say she understands Sara's feelings about Wanda?
4. Where does Wanda want Charlie to go the next summer?
5. Why does Sara not agree with what Willie says to her after Wanda leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake with Charlie?
2. What does Mary ask about Sara's new dress, and what is her response?
3. What does Sara do and say when she sees what is making Charlie so anxious at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Wanda say when she sees Sara and Charlie at the lake?
5. What does Willie ask Sara to do after Wanda leaves, and why is Sara so upset about this?
6. What happened when Sara tried to dye her shoes?
7. Why does Mary say she can't go to the lake with Sara and Charlie?
8. What does Wanda say to comfort Sara about her big feet?
9. What does Wanda say she wants to do for Charlie?
10. What does Charlie do when Sara says it is time to go home after their first trip to see the swans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Sara presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on beauty. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)