|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie do when people ask him the time?
2. What causes Charlie to feel shut off from the world around him?
3. Where does Charlie get cut when he runs into something in the woods?
4. What does Charlie know?
5. What does Wanda listen to on the radio after her date?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara decide to do after Wanda leaves with Frank?
2. How does Sara feel about what Wanda wants to do for Charlie?
3. How do Sara and Charlie feel about the swans?
4. What does Charlie do after Sara talks with him about what he is anxious about at the beginning of the book?
5. How did Charlie get his brain damage?
6. Why does Mary say she can't go to the lake with Sara and Charlie?
7. What does Willie say to Sara after Wanda leaves on her date, and what is Sara's response to this?
8. What does Willie ask Sara to do after Wanda leaves, and why is Sara so upset about this?
9. What is Charlie so anxious about at the beginning of the book?
10. What does Charlie do when Sara says it is time to go home after their first trip to see the swans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sara endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)