Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Charlie make the place he goes when his sucker is fixed?
2. Where does Charlie get cut when he runs into something in the woods?
3. What is Willie unwilling to let Wanda do?
4. Where are Wanda and Aunt Willie arguing in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Wanda stop teasing Sara at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
2. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake with Charlie?
3. What does Sara say to Charlie when we first meet him in the book?
4. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
5. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
6. What does Wanda say when she sees Sara and Charlie at the lake?
7. What are Sara's first thoughts when she wakes up on the day Charlie is missing?
8. What does Charlie do when he gets nervous?
9. What does Mary ask about Sara's new dress, and what is her response?
10. What kind of beauty does Sara say is the most important, and how did she try to express this once?
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Sara presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on beauty. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)