|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie say to Sara after Wanda leaves?
2. What does Sara want to do with her shoes?
3. What does Sara think Charlie has gone to see?
4. Why did Aunt Willie not buy what Sara wanted from downtown?
5. What does Frank offer to do to make Willie more comfortable?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
2. What does Wanda say Aunt Willie never lets her do?
3. What does Charlie do when he is asked the time, and why?
4. What are Sara's first thoughts when she wakes up on the day Charlie is missing?
5. Why is Charlie's foot so sore while he is in the woods?
6. What is Charlie so anxious about at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Charlie do when he gets nervous?
8. What happens when Charlie gets bothered by the rocking chairs on Mary's porch?
9. What keeps Sara awake at night, and why is this so strange?
10. What information about Charlie do we get from Mary's mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)