|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sara not like Frank?
2. What kind of car does Wanda's boyfriend drive?
3. Who does Wanda compare Sara to?
4. Who goes with Sara to the lake to find Charlie?
5. What does Sara want to do after her trip to the lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sara feel about what Wanda wants to do for Charlie?
2. What does Mary ask about Sara's new dress, and what is her response?
3. What happens when Charlie gets bothered by the rocking chairs on Mary's porch?
4. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
5. Why is Charlie's foot so sore while he is in the woods?
6. What does Mary say to Sara when Sara is searching for Charlie at the lake?
7. What does Willie ask Sara to do after Wanda leaves, and why is Sara so upset about this?
8. What is Charlie so anxious about at the beginning of the book?
9. What does Sara decide to do after Wanda leaves with Frank?
10. What does Aunt Willie do to make sure the scooter is safe for Wanda?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Mary and Sara are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)