|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie lose while he is in the woods?
2. What does Sara hope to see when she leaves the house after Wanda leaves on her date?
3. What is Mary's last name?
4. What did Sara ask Aunt Willie to buy her from downtown?
5. What does Wanda listen to on the radio after her date?
Short Essay Questions
1. What keeps Sara awake at night, and why is this so strange?
2. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
3. What does Aunt Willie do to make sure the scooter is safe for Wanda?
4. What does Wanda say when she sees Sara and Charlie at the lake?
5. What happens when Charlie tries to feed the swans?
6. What does Wanda say Aunt Willie never lets her do?
7. What does Sara say to Charlie when we first meet him in the book?
8. What does Charlie do when he feels lonely without Sara with him?
9. How does Sara feel about what Wanda wants to do for Charlie?
10. How did Charlie get his brain damage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)