|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wanda do after her date?
2. What does Willie yell at the girls for after Wanda's date?
3. What does Sara want to do with her shoes?
4. What does Sara hope to see when she leaves the house after Wanda leaves on her date?
5. What did Sara ask Aunt Willie to buy her from downtown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie do when he is asked the time, and why?
2. What does Charlie do after Sara talks with him about what he is anxious about at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Wanda say when she sees Sara and Charlie at the lake?
4. What does Charlie do when he gets nervous?
5. What does Charlie do when he feels lonely without Sara with him?
6. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
7. What does Willie ask Sara to do after Wanda leaves, and why is Sara so upset about this?
8. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake with Charlie?
9. What is Wanda upset about at the end of the book?
10. What does Sara find ironic about her inability to cry about Charlie being gone?
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)