|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sara's aunt's name?
2. What does Charlie never do?
3. What is Charlie told to do after his sucker is fixed again?
4. What is Sara's best friend's name?
5. Why can't Sara's best friend go to the lake with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wanda say she wants to do for Charlie?
2. Why is Charlie's foot so sore while he is in the woods?
3. What does Willie say to Sara after Wanda leaves on her date, and what is Sara's response to this?
4. What happened when Sara tried to dye her shoes?
5. What does Sara decide to do after Wanda leaves with Frank?
6. What does Charlie do after Sara talks with him about what he is anxious about at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Charlie do when he feels lonely without Sara with him?
8. What does Wanda say Aunt Willie never lets her do?
9. What keeps Sara awake at night, and why is this so strange?
10. What does Aunt Willie do to make sure the scooter is safe for Wanda?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Sara presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on beauty. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)