|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie told to do after his sucker is fixed again?
2. What is Sara doing at the beginning of the book?
3. Why can't Sara's best friend go to the lake with her?
4. What did Sara ask Aunt Willie to buy her from downtown?
5. What does Wanda listen to on the radio after her date?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
2. What happens when Charlie asks for help with his missing button?
3. What does Wanda say to comfort Sara about her big feet?
4. What does Sara decide to do after Wanda leaves with Frank?
5. What does Wanda do after her argument with Sara?
6. Why does Mary say she can't go to the lake with Sara and Charlie?
7. What kind of beauty does Sara say is the most important, and how did she try to express this once?
8. How does Sara feel about what Wanda wants to do for Charlie?
9. Why is Charlie's foot so sore while he is in the woods?
10. How did Charlie get his brain damage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)