|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wanda hope to see with her boyfriend?
2. What does Charlie think came to visit him?
3. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans?
4. Who helped Charlie make the place he goes when his sucker is fixed?
5. Why is Wanda going to be late coming home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information about Charlie do we get from Mary's mother?
2. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
3. What does Willie ask Sara to do after Wanda leaves, and why is Sara so upset about this?
4. What happens when Charlie asks for help with his missing button?
5. What is Charlie so anxious about at the beginning of the book?
6. What does Wanda say when she sees Sara and Charlie at the lake?
7. What happens when Charlie tries to feed the swans?
8. What keeps Sara awake at night, and why is this so strange?
9. Why does Mary say she can't go to the lake with Sara and Charlie?
10. How do Sara and Charlie feel about the swans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sara endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)