|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the swans come closer to Charlie?
2. What does Charlie choose to not tell Sara about?
3. Who helped Charlie make the place he goes when his sucker is fixed?
4. Who is the only person who hears Charlie struggling at night?
5. What does Willie do after she takes Frank up on his offer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willie say to Sara after Wanda leaves on her date, and what is Sara's response to this?
2. What happens when Charlie asks for help with his missing button?
3. Why is Charlie's foot so sore while he is in the woods?
4. What is Sara doing at the beginning of the book and why?
5. What does Wanda say Aunt Willie never lets her do?
6. What information about Charlie do we get from Mary's mother?
7. What does Sara decide to do after Wanda leaves with Frank?
8. What is Charlie so anxious about at the beginning of the book?
9. What does Mary ask about Sara's new dress, and what is her response?
10. What happened when Sara tried to dye her shoes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)