|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sara once write to prove her feelings about the most important form of beauty?
2. What does Willie yell at the girls for after Wanda's date?
3. What are Wanda and Aunt Willie fighting about?
4. What does Willie do after she takes Frank up on his offer?
5. What was Charlie upset about when he got ready for bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Sara's first thoughts when she wakes up on the day Charlie is missing?
2. What does Wanda say she wants to do for Charlie?
3. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake with Charlie?
4. What does Mary say to Sara when Sara is searching for Charlie at the lake?
5. Why does Mary say she can't go to the lake with Sara and Charlie?
6. What does Sara say to Charlie when we first meet him in the book?
7. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
8. What does Wanda say when she sees Sara and Charlie at the lake?
9. What does Wanda say Aunt Willie never lets her do?
10. How does Sara feel about what Wanda wants to do for Charlie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)