|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie lose while he is in the woods?
2. Who does Aunt Willie want to call when Charlie is missing?
3. What upsets Charlie when he is sitting on Mary's porch steps?
4. What is Charlie afraid Sara will do at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Charlie know?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sara and Charlie feel about the swans?
2. Why does Mary say she can't go to the lake with Sara and Charlie?
3. What does Wanda say Aunt Willie never lets her do?
4. What information about Charlie do we get from Mary's mother?
5. What does Wanda say to comfort Sara about her big feet?
6. What does Sara compare her search for Charlie to?
7. What kind of beauty does Sara say is the most important, and how did she try to express this once?
8. What happens when Charlie asks for help with his missing button?
9. What keeps Sara awake at night, and why is this so strange?
10. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Sara endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)