|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many more minutes does Sara say Charlie can stay at the lake when she is ready to go home?
2. What is Charlie's most prized possession?
3. Who asks Wanda many questions about her date?
4. What is the name of Wanda's boyfriend?
5. Why does Charlie realize something is wrong when he is in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willie say to Sara after Wanda leaves on her date, and what is Sara's response to this?
2. What does Wanda say to comfort Sara about her big feet?
3. What happened at school to make Sara hate her feet?
4. What does Aunt Willie do to make sure the scooter is safe for Wanda?
5. What does Wanda say she wants to do for Charlie?
6. What kind of beauty does Sara say is the most important, and how did she try to express this once?
7. What does Willie ask Sara to do after Wanda leaves, and why is Sara so upset about this?
8. What are Sara's first thoughts when she wakes up on the day Charlie is missing?
9. What is Charlie so anxious about at the beginning of the book?
10. How do Sara and Charlie feel about the swans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)