|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie's most prized possession?
2. What class did Wanda talk about Charlie in?
3. How does Sara say her summer has been so far at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Charlie run into after he starts running in the woods?
5. What does Charlie do when he knows his extended time is almost over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlie's foot so sore while he is in the woods?
2. How did Charlie get his brain damage?
3. What does Sara do and say when she sees what is making Charlie so anxious at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Willie ask Sara to do after Wanda leaves, and why is Sara so upset about this?
5. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake with Charlie?
6. What does Mary say to Sara when Sara is searching for Charlie at the lake?
7. What does Charlie do when Sara says it is time to go home after their first trip to see the swans?
8. What does Charlie do when he gets nervous?
9. What does Wanda say she wants to do for Charlie?
10. What does Sara say to Charlie when we first meet him in the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of special needs children was central to this plot. How did this theme affect the main characters, and why do you think this was such an important theme for the author to present with this book.
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)