Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Charlie make the place he goes when his sucker is fixed?
2. Where does Charlie get cut when he runs into something in the woods?
3. What is Willie unwilling to let Wanda do?
4. Where are Wanda and Aunt Willie arguing in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Wanda stop teasing Sara at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
2. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake with Charlie?
3. What does Sara say to Charlie when we first meet him in the book?
4. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
5. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
6. What does Wanda say when she sees Sara and Charlie at the lake?
7. What are Sara's first thoughts when she wakes up on the day Charlie is missing?
8. What does Charlie do when he gets nervous?
9. What does Mary ask about Sara's new dress, and what is her response?
10. What kind of beauty does Sara say is the most important, and how did she try to express this once?
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Betsy Byars have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Sara endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)