|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sara's aunt's name?
2. What causes Willie to take Frank up on his offer?
3. What do Wanda and Sara agree on?
4. Why does Sara go through an empty field after leaving Mary's house?
5. Why is Sara so upset with Willie's request of her after Wanda leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie do after Sara talks with him about what he is anxious about at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Wanda say Aunt Willie never lets her do?
3. What keeps Sara awake at night, and why is this so strange?
4. What does Wanda say when she sees Sara and Charlie at the lake?
5. What is Charlie so anxious about at the beginning of the book?
6. What does Mary ask about Sara's new dress, and what is her response?
7. What does Wanda say she wants to do for Charlie?
8. What does Wanda say to comfort Sara about her big feet?
9. How did Charlie get his brain damage?
10. What does Wanda do after her argument with Sara?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)