|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie do when he knows his extended time is almost over?
2. What color was Sara trying to dye her shoes?
3. What is Mary worried about when she sees Sara running by her house in the morning?
4. What does Willie say to Sara after Wanda leaves?
5. What is the name of Wanda's boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara do and say when she sees what is making Charlie so anxious at the beginning of the book?
2. How did Sara find out the truth about who took Charlie's watch?
3. What happens when Charlie tries to feed the swans?
4. What kind of beauty does Sara say is the most important, and how did she try to express this once?
5. What does Wanda say she wants to do for Charlie?
6. What does Sara find ironic about her inability to cry about Charlie being gone?
7. What is Wanda upset about at the end of the book?
8. What does Wanda say Aunt Willie never lets her do?
9. Why does Charlie's watch stop working, and what does he do about this?
10. What happens when Charlie asks for help with his missing button?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)