|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wanda listen to on the radio after her date?
2. What does Sara check on before she goes looking for Charlie?
3. What does Charlie decide to do when he thinks something came to visit him?
4. What color are Sara's shoes?
5. Who goes with Sara to the lake to find Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara decide to do after Wanda leaves with Frank?
2. What does Charlie do when he feels lonely without Sara with him?
3. What does Charlie do when he is asked the time, and why?
4. What is Charlie so anxious about at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Sara do and say when she sees what is making Charlie so anxious at the beginning of the book?
6. What happens when Charlie gets bothered by the rocking chairs on Mary's porch?
7. What happens when Charlie asks for help with his missing button?
8. What does Willie ask Sara to do after Wanda leaves, and why is Sara so upset about this?
9. What does Aunt Willie do to make sure the scooter is safe for Wanda?
10. What does Willie say to Sara after Wanda leaves on her date, and what is Sara's response to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary and Sara are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)