|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlie think his visitor went after coming to his window?
2. Who does Wanda compare Sara to?
3. What does Wanda do after her date?
4. What is Sara's dog's name?
5. Who gave Charlie his watch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie do when he is asked the time, and why?
2. What does Charlie do when Sara tries to show him the flying swans?
3. What does Charlie do when Sara says it is time to go home after their first trip to see the swans?
4. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans flying?
5. What does Wanda say when she sees Sara and Charlie at the lake?
6. How do Sara and Charlie feel about the swans?
7. What kind of beauty does Sara say is the most important, and how did she try to express this once?
8. What is Sara doing at the beginning of the book and why?
9. What does Wanda say to comfort Sara about her big feet?
10. What does Sara do and say when she sees what is making Charlie so anxious at the beginning of the book?
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)