|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Charlie make the place he goes when his sucker is fixed?
2. Where does Charlie get cut when he runs into something in the woods?
3. What is Willie unwilling to let Wanda do?
4. Where are Wanda and Aunt Willie arguing in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Wanda stop teasing Sara at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
2. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake with Charlie?
3. What does Sara say to Charlie when we first meet him in the book?
4. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
5. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
6. What does Wanda say when she sees Sara and Charlie at the lake?
7. What are Sara's first thoughts when she wakes up on the day Charlie is missing?
8. What does Charlie do when he gets nervous?
9. What does Mary ask about Sara's new dress, and what is her response?
10. What kind of beauty does Sara say is the most important, and how did she try to express this once?
Essay Topic 1
Mary and Sara are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of special needs children was central to this plot. How did this theme affect the main characters, and why do you think this was such an important theme for the author to present with this book.
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)