|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who hears Charlie struggling at night?
2. Where does Sara leave Charlie while she talks with her best friend?
3. How many times is Charlie's sucker fixed for him?
4. What are Wanda and Aunt Willie fighting about?
5. What is Sara's aunt's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wanda do after her argument with Sara?
2. What happened at school to make Sara hate her feet?
3. What happened when Sara tried to dye her shoes?
4. What is Sara doing at the beginning of the book and why?
5. What does Charlie do when he feels lonely without Sara with him?
6. What does Aunt Willie do to make sure the scooter is safe for Wanda?
7. What are Sara's first thoughts when she wakes up on the day Charlie is missing?
8. What does Sara say to Charlie when we first meet him in the book?
9. What does Wanda say when she sees Sara and Charlie at the lake?
10. Why is Charlie's foot so sore while he is in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of special needs children was central to this plot. How did this theme affect the main characters, and why do you think this was such an important theme for the author to present with this book.
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)