|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlie go to feel safe after his sucker is fixed?
2. Why do the swans come closer to Charlie?
3. What kind of car does Wanda's boyfriend drive?
4. What kind of beauty does Sara think is most important?
5. Why did Aunt Willie not buy what Sara wanted from downtown?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sara feel about what Wanda wants to do for Charlie?
2. What information about Charlie do we get from Mary's mother?
3. What does Sara realize as she is talking to her father at the end of the book?
4. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
5. How does Sara feel when she gets to the top of the hill?
6. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
7. Why is Charlie's foot so sore while he is in the woods?
8. What does Joe say when Sara apologizes for being so mean when she thought he stole Charlie's watch?
9. How did Sara find out the truth about who took Charlie's watch?
10. What does Charlie do after Sara talks with him about what he is anxious about at the beginning of the book?
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 1,310 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)