|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie do when he knows his extended time is almost over?
2. Who is the only person who hears Charlie struggling at night?
3. Who does Aunt Willie want to call when Charlie is missing?
4. What does Willie yell at the girls for after Wanda's date?
5. What is Sara doing at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary ask about Sara's new dress, and what is her response?
2. What does Wanda say she wants to do for Charlie?
3. What are Sara's first thoughts when she wakes up on the day Charlie is missing?
4. What does Charlie do when he feels lonely without Sara with him?
5. What does Wanda say when she sees Sara and Charlie at the lake?
6. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
7. Why does Mary say she can't go to the lake with Sara and Charlie?
8. What does Charlie do when Sara says it is time to go home after their first trip to see the swans?
9. What does Mary say to Sara when Sara is searching for Charlie at the lake?
10. What does Charlie do when he is asked the time, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Sara endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)