|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sara's father's name?
2. Where does Willie think Charlie is?
(a) The old school house.
(b) The coal mine.
(c) The chicken factory.
(d) The closed up prison.
3. Where does Sara plan to look for Charlie after her father is contacted?
(a) The school grounds.
(b) The lake side.
(c) The ravine.
(d) The woods.
4. What does Joe ask Sara to do with him the night after Charlie is found?
(a) Go on a date with him.
(b) Let him come and get to know Charlie better.
(c) Go to the party with him.
(d) Go on a walk to the lake with him.
5. What does Sara do while she waits to hear what her father will say about Charlie's absence?
(a) Eats her breakfast.
(b) Looks for a map.
(c) Teases the dog.
(d) Paces the porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willie blame herself for Charlie's disappearance?
2. Why does Sara know Charlie is not where Willie thinks he is?
3. Where is Charlie while Sara is looking in the woods for him?
4. How does Sara feel when she hears Joe's part in the chaos with Charlie's watch?
5. What does Sara try to get Charlie to notice when they get out of the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlie start to scream when he wakes up in the woods?
2. What does Sara find ironic about her inability to cry about Charlie being gone?
3. What does Joe say when Sara apologizes for being so mean when she thought he stole Charlie's watch?
4. What does Sara compare her search for Charlie to?
5. What does Sam do when he comes to visit his children?
6. What does Sara think when she first sees Charlie in the ravine?
7. What causes Sara to doubt her initial idea of who took Charlie's watch?
8. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
9. What does Joe find in the woods, and why is this such good news to Sara?
10. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans flying?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)