|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlie in constant fear of?
(c) Losing Sara.
(d) The dark.
2. What does Mary complain about most while she is searching for Charlie?
(a) The dirt.
(b) The dark.
(c) The heat.
(d) The cold.
3. How often is Charlie's watch usually wound?
(a) Every morning.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Twice a week.
4. Why does Sara know Charlie is not where Willie thinks he is?
(a) It is too hard to get there.
(b) It is too far away.
(c) He does not like to be dirty.
(d) He is afraid of dark.
5. Where does Sara plan to look for Charlie after her father is contacted?
(a) The school grounds.
(b) The ravine.
(c) The lake side.
(d) The woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe ask Sara to do with him the night after Charlie is found?
2. Who does Sara run into as she is leaving her house after her father is called?
3. Why does Sara say she knows where to look for Charlie?
4. Where does Sara meet the other searchers?
5. What is in Mary's hair while she is looking for Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did some boys take Charlie's watch?
2. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
3. What happened to Charlie when Sara broke her nose?
4. Why does Charlie not feel upset when he realizes he is lost?
5. Why does Charlie's watch stop working, and what does he do about this?
6. What does Sara compare her search for Charlie to?
7. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans flying?
8. What does Sara do when Joe insists on helping to find Charlie?
9. Why does Charlie start to scream when he wakes up in the woods?
10. What does Charlie want before he will follow Sara out of the ravine, and how is this need fulfilled?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)