|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Sara when Charlie's watch was stolen?
(a) In her room.
(b) At school.
(c) On the bus.
(d) In the drug store.
2. Where does Sara go after her aunt calls her father?
(a) The school.
(b) The woods.
(c) The lake.
(d) Mary's house.
3. Why does Sara grab Joe's arm when they are on the hill?
(a) To find some comfort.
(b) To steady herself.
(c) To get him to be quiet.
(d) To be near him.
4. Who returned Charlie's watch to him?
(c) The boys who took it.
(d) Mary's mother.
5. What does Sara do when the person she thought stole Charlie's watch insists on helping her?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She walks off alone.
(c) She gives them bad directions.
(d) She slaps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlie picture himself just after waking up?
2. What does Joe ask Sara to do with him the night after Charlie is found?
3. Where does Sara plan to look for Charlie after her father is contacted?
4. What does Sara think looks more like Charlie than a picture?
5. Why does Joe want to climb a big strip mining hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
2. What does Sara find ironic about her inability to cry about Charlie being gone?
3. What does Sara compare her search for Charlie to?
4. What did Sara do to a girl who called Charlie a retard in a mean way?
5. Why did some boys take Charlie's watch?
6. Why does Charlie start to scream when he wakes up in the woods?
7. How does Sara feel when she gets to the top of the hill?
8. What does Aunt Willie say to Sara about Sam, and what is Sara's response?
9. Why does Charlie's watch stop working, and what does he do about this?
10. What does Sara do when Joe insists on helping to find Charlie?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)