|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie do after calling the police?
(b) Calls all the houses in the area.
(d) Goes searching in the woods.
2. What does Sara do while she waits to hear what her father will say about Charlie's absence?
(a) Paces the porch.
(b) Eats her breakfast.
(c) Teases the dog.
(d) Looks for a map.
3. Where does Sara first hear public news of Charlie's disappearance?
(a) The town newsletter.
(b) The radio.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The bulletin board.
4. Who winds Charlie's watch for him?
5. What does Sara compare Joe to when she is climbing the dirt hill?
(a) A teacher.
(b) The Sheriff.
(c) The dentist.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Sara to doubt her conviction about who stole Charlie's watch?
2. What is Sara not able to do when she gets emotional while at the top of the hill?
3. What does Sara's father do on the weekends he comes to visit his children?
4. What does Sara think she can hear while she is on the top of the hill?
5. What does Sara think looks more like Charlie than a picture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
2. What does Sara compare her search for Charlie to?
3. Why does Charlie not feel upset when he realizes he is lost?
4. What does Sam do when he comes to visit his children?
5. Why did some boys take Charlie's watch?
6. Why does Charlie's watch stop working, and what does he do about this?
7. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
8. What does Aunt Willie say to Sara about Sam, and what is Sara's response?
9. What does Charlie do when Sara tries to show him the flying swans?
10. How did Sara find out the truth about who took Charlie's watch?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)