|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe do when Sara gets to the top of the hill?
(b) Sings for Sara.
(c) Yells with Sara.
(d) Hugs Sara while she cries.
2. What does Sara do while she waits to hear what her father will say about Charlie's absence?
(a) Looks for a map.
(b) Teases the dog.
(c) Paces the porch.
(d) Eats her breakfast.
3. Where does Charlie picture himself just after waking up?
(a) In an old movie.
(b) The bottom of the ocean.
(c) In a story book.
(d) Aunt Willie's treasure box.
4. What does Charlie sit on when he gives up on finding his way home?
(a) A gravestone.
(b) A coal wagon.
(c) A bench.
(d) A log.
5. What does Sara's father do on the weekends he comes to visit his children?
(a) Goes fishing.
(d) Watches TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sara feel as she runs towards the ravine?
2. Who is throwing the party Mary is going to the night Charlie is missing?
3. Who assures Sara that everything will be all right when she gets panicked?
4. What does Charlie not do when he wakes up alone in the woods?
5. How does Sara reply to the suggestion that they take a break?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlie's watch stop working, and what does he do about this?
2. What did Sara do to a girl who called Charlie a retard in a mean way?
3. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
4. What does Sam do when he comes to visit his children?
5. What does Sara think when she first sees Charlie in the ravine?
6. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
7. What happened to Charlie when Sara broke her nose?
8. What does Aunt Willie say to Sara about Sam, and what is Sara's response?
9. What does Joe say when Sara apologizes for being so mean when she thought he stole Charlie's watch?
10. Why did some boys take Charlie's watch?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)