|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Willie talking to when Sara comes back from the lake?
(a) Sara's mother.
(b) A friend.
(d) The police.
2. What causes Sara to doubt her conviction about who stole Charlie's watch?
(a) Joe swears he did not.
(b) Mary defends him.
(c) Frank says he was with Wanda that day.
(d) Rob shows her his own watch.
3. Where does Sara meet the other searchers?
(a) The lake.
(b) The vacant lot.
(c) The dirt hill.
(d) The mine shaft.
4. What does Sara try to get Charlie to notice when they get out of the woods?
(a) A new watch.
(b) All the people who were trying to find him.
(c) The flying swans.
(d) The ducks on the lake.
5. How does Sara feel when she hears Joe's part in the chaos with Charlie's watch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie sit on when he gives up on finding his way home?
2. What does Joe ask Sara to do with him the night after Charlie is found?
3. What does Charlie do when he first sees Sara?
4. What is Sara not able to do when she gets emotional while at the top of the hill?
5. What does Sara do when the person she thought stole Charlie's watch insists on helping her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sara do to a girl who called Charlie a retard in a mean way?
2. What does Charlie want before he will follow Sara out of the ravine, and how is this need fulfilled?
3. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
4. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans flying?
5. How did Sara find out the truth about who took Charlie's watch?
6. How does Sara feel when she gets to the top of the hill?
7. What does Sam do when he comes to visit his children?
8. What does Sara compare her search for Charlie to?
9. What does Sara think when she first sees Charlie in the ravine?
10. Why did some boys take Charlie's watch?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)