|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charlie while Sara is looking in the woods for him?
(a) The coal mine.
(b) The old prison.
(c) A ditch.
(d) A ravine.
2. What is Sara's father's name?
3. What does Sara think she can hear while she is on the top of the hill?
(a) The beep of a truck.
(b) The whisper of the wind.
(c) Charlie crying.
(d) Her mother's voice.
4. Who does Sara run into as she is leaving her house after her father is called?
5. Who assures Sara that everything will be all right when she gets panicked?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara compare Joe to when she is climbing the dirt hill?
2. How does Sara feel when she gets out of the woods?
3. What does Sara eat for breakfast after her aunt calls her father?
4. Where does Sara plan to look for Charlie after her father is contacted?
5. What is Charlie in constant fear of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara compare her search for Charlie to?
2. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
3. What causes Sara to doubt her initial idea of who took Charlie's watch?
4. What does Charlie do when Sara tries to show him the flying swans?
5. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
6. What does Aunt Willie say to Sara about Sam, and what is Sara's response?
7. How did Sara find out the truth about who took Charlie's watch?
8. What happened to Charlie when Sara broke her nose?
9. What does Sara do when Joe insists on helping to find Charlie?
10. Why did some boys take Charlie's watch?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)