|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sara's father live?
2. Who is Willie talking to when Sara comes back from the lake?
(b) A friend.
(c) Sara's mother.
(d) The police.
3. How does Sara reply to the suggestion that they take a break?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She refuses to.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She gladly accepts.
4. Why does Charlie start screaming?
(a) His hand starts to hurt.
(b) It starts to rain.
(c) He hears his name being called.
(d) He gets very scared.
5. How often is Charlie's watch usually wound?
(a) Every morning.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Once a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara eat for breakfast after her aunt calls her father?
2. Who returned Charlie's watch to him?
3. Who hears Charlie screaming first?
4. What does Sara compare Joe to when she is climbing the dirt hill?
5. Where did Charlie wake up when Sara broke her nose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
2. What does Joe find in the woods, and why is this such good news to Sara?
3. What does Sara do when Joe insists on helping to find Charlie?
4. What does Sara think when she first sees Charlie in the ravine?
5. What happened to Charlie when Sara broke her nose?
6. Why does Charlie start to scream when he wakes up in the woods?
7. What does Sara find ironic about her inability to cry about Charlie being gone?
8. What does Sam do when he comes to visit his children?
9. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
10. Why does Charlie not feel upset when he realizes he is lost?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)