|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sara reply to the suggestion that they take a break?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She gladly accepts.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She refuses to.
2. What does Charlie sit on when he gives up on finding his way home?
(a) A coal wagon.
(b) A gravestone.
(c) A bench.
(d) A log.
3. What does Joe ask Sara to do with him the night after Charlie is found?
(a) Go to the party with him.
(b) Go on a walk to the lake with him.
(c) Go on a date with him.
(d) Let him come and get to know Charlie better.
4. What overwhelms Sara when she gets to the top of the hill?
(a) The size of the forest.
(b) The beauty of the valley.
(c) The dense woods.
(d) The height.
5. Where does Sara first hear public news of Charlie's disappearance?
(a) The radio.
(b) The bulletin board.
(c) The town newsletter.
(d) The newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sara break her nose?
2. How does Sara feel when she gets out of the woods?
3. What did the sign that Sara put on boy's back say?
4. How does Sara feel as she runs towards the ravine?
5. Where does Sara's father live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara do when Joe insists on helping to find Charlie?
2. What does Aunt Willie say to Sara about Sam, and what is Sara's response?
3. What does Sara think when she first sees Charlie in the ravine?
4. What causes Sara to doubt her initial idea of who took Charlie's watch?
5. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
6. What does Joe find in the woods, and why is this such good news to Sara?
7. How does Sara feel when she gets to the top of the hill?
8. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans flying?
9. What does Charlie want before he will follow Sara out of the ravine, and how is this need fulfilled?
10. What does Sam do when he comes to visit his children?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)