|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara do when she gets to the top of the hill?
(a) Screams Charlie's name.
(b) Throws rocks down.
(c) Takes a mental picture.
2. Where is Charlie while Sara is looking in the woods for him?
(a) The old prison.
(b) The coal mine.
(c) A ravine.
(d) A ditch.
3. What does Sara eat for breakfast after her aunt calls her father?
(a) Fruit and lemonade.
(b) Biscuits and Milk.
(c) Cinnamon rolls and orange juice.
(d) Toast and Kool-aid.
4. What is Sara not able to do when she gets emotional while at the top of the hill?
5. Where does Sara meet the other searchers?
(a) The vacant lot.
(b) The lake.
(c) The dirt hill.
(d) The mine shaft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Charlie run to first when he gets out of the woods?
2. What does Charlie not do when he wakes up alone in the woods?
3. How does Sara feel as she runs towards the ravine?
4. Where did Charlie wake up when Sara broke her nose?
5. What is in Mary's hair while she is looking for Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Charlie when Sara broke her nose?
2. What does Sara find ironic about her inability to cry about Charlie being gone?
3. Why does Charlie not feel upset when he realizes he is lost?
4. What does Joe find in the woods, and why is this such good news to Sara?
5. What causes Sara to doubt her initial idea of who took Charlie's watch?
6. What does Charlie want before he will follow Sara out of the ravine, and how is this need fulfilled?
7. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
8. What does Sara think when she first sees Charlie in the ravine?
9. How did Sara find out the truth about who took Charlie's watch?
10. Why does Charlie's watch stop working, and what does he do about this?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)