|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie not do when he wakes up alone in the woods?
(a) Open his eyes.
(b) Call for help.
(d) Keep walking.
2. Where does Sara meet the other searchers?
(a) The mine shaft.
(b) The dirt hill.
(c) The vacant lot.
(d) The lake.
3. What does Sara eat for breakfast after her aunt calls her father?
(a) Biscuits and Milk.
(b) Toast and Kool-aid.
(c) Cinnamon rolls and orange juice.
(d) Fruit and lemonade.
4. Why does Sara know Charlie is not where Willie thinks he is?
(a) It is too far away.
(b) It is too hard to get there.
(c) He is afraid of dark.
(d) He does not like to be dirty.
5. Why does Charlie start screaming?
(a) His hand starts to hurt.
(b) He hears his name being called.
(c) It starts to rain.
(d) He gets very scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willie blame herself for Charlie's disappearance?
2. What does Sara think looks more like Charlie than a picture?
3. Why does Sara grab Joe's arm when they are on the hill?
4. Who is throwing the party Mary is going to the night Charlie is missing?
5. What does Charlie sit on when he gives up on finding his way home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sara find out the truth about who took Charlie's watch?
2. What does Joe find in the woods, and why is this such good news to Sara?
3. Why does Charlie not feel upset when he realizes he is lost?
4. What does Sara think when she first sees Charlie in the ravine?
5. Why does Charlie's watch stop working, and what does he do about this?
6. How does Sara feel when she gets to the top of the hill?
7. What happened to Charlie when Sara broke her nose?
8. What does Sam do when he comes to visit his children?
9. What does Aunt Willie say to Sara about Sam, and what is Sara's response?
10. What does Sara compare her search for Charlie to?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)