|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe ask Sara to do with him the night after Charlie is found?
(a) Go on a date with him.
(b) Go to the party with him.
(c) Go on a walk to the lake with him.
(d) Let him come and get to know Charlie better.
2. What overwhelms Sara when she gets to the top of the hill?
(a) The size of the forest.
(b) The dense woods.
(c) The beauty of the valley.
(d) The height.
3. What does Willie do after calling the police?
(a) Calls all the houses in the area.
(d) Goes searching in the woods.
4. Who winds Charlie's watch for him?
5. What does Joe give to Charlie to get him out of the ravine?
(a) A pat on the back.
(b) His watch.
(c) A map.
(d) His water bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara compare Joe to when she is climbing the dirt hill?
2. Where does Sara meet the other searchers?
3. What is Charlie in constant fear of?
4. Who does Sara think stole Charlie's watch?
5. Who is Willie talking to when Sara comes back from the lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara compare her search for Charlie to?
2. What does Sam do when he comes to visit his children?
3. What does Charlie do when Sara tries to show him the flying swans?
4. What happened to Charlie when Sara broke her nose?
5. What causes Sara to doubt her initial idea of who took Charlie's watch?
6. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
7. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
8. What did Sara do to a girl who called Charlie a retard in a mean way?
9. What does Sara do when Joe insists on helping to find Charlie?
10. What does Aunt Willie say to Sara about Sam, and what is Sara's response?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)