|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willie blame herself for Charlie's disappearance?
(a) She was mean to Charlie the night before.
(b) She did not lock the door.
(c) She didn't fix the button.
(d) She did not check on Charlie during the night.
2. What causes Sara to doubt her conviction about who stole Charlie's watch?
(a) Mary defends him.
(b) Rob shows her his own watch.
(c) Frank says he was with Wanda that day.
(d) Joe swears he did not.
3. What does Sara call all the things she has cried about earlier in the summer?
4. Why does Charlie start screaming?
(a) His hand starts to hurt.
(b) He gets very scared.
(c) He hears his name being called.
(d) It starts to rain.
5. What is Sara not able to do when she gets emotional while at the top of the hill?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal scares Charlie when he tries to fix his watch?
2. Who returned Charlie's watch to him?
3. What is in Mary's hair while she is looking for Charlie?
4. What is Charlie in constant fear of?
5. Who is throwing the party Mary is going to the night Charlie is missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aunt Willie say to Sara about Sam, and what is Sara's response?
2. What does Sara think when she first sees Charlie in the ravine?
3. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
4. What does Sara compare her search for Charlie to?
5. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans flying?
6. Why does Charlie not feel upset when he realizes he is lost?
7. What does Joe say when Sara apologizes for being so mean when she thought he stole Charlie's watch?
8. How does Sara feel when she gets to the top of the hill?
9. What does Joe find in the woods, and why is this such good news to Sara?
10. How did Sara find out the truth about who took Charlie's watch?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)