|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willie blame herself for Charlie's disappearance?
(a) She did not lock the door.
(b) She did not check on Charlie during the night.
(c) She didn't fix the button.
(d) She was mean to Charlie the night before.
2. Who is Willie talking to when Sara comes back from the lake?
(a) A friend.
(b) The police.
(d) Sara's mother.
3. What does Sara compare Joe to when she is climbing the dirt hill?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) The dentist.
4. Who does Sara run into as she is leaving her house after her father is called?
5. Why does Charlie start screaming?
(a) It starts to rain.
(b) He hears his name being called.
(c) His hand starts to hurt.
(d) He gets very scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Charlie run to first when he gets out of the woods?
2. How does Sara feel when she hears Joe's part in the chaos with Charlie's watch?
3. How does Sara feel as she runs towards the ravine?
4. How does Joe describe the party that is happening that night?
5. How does Sara reply to the suggestion that they take a break?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
2. How did Sara find out the truth about who took Charlie's watch?
3. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
4. What does Sara compare her search for Charlie to?
5. What causes Sara to doubt her initial idea of who took Charlie's watch?
6. What does Sara think when she first sees Charlie in the ravine?
7. Why did some boys take Charlie's watch?
8. Why does Charlie start to scream when he wakes up in the woods?
9. Why does Charlie not feel upset when he realizes he is lost?
10. What does Joe find in the woods, and why is this such good news to Sara?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)