|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe ask Sara to do with him the night after Charlie is found?
(a) Go to the party with him.
(b) Let him come and get to know Charlie better.
(c) Go on a date with him.
(d) Go on a walk to the lake with him.
2. How does Sara reply to the suggestion that they take a break?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She gets angry.
(c) She refuses to.
(d) She gladly accepts.
3. Why does Sara grab Joe's arm when they are on the hill?
(a) To get him to be quiet.
(b) To steady herself.
(c) To be near him.
(d) To find some comfort.
4. What does Sara try to get Charlie to notice when they get out of the woods?
(a) The flying swans.
(b) All the people who were trying to find him.
(c) A new watch.
(d) The ducks on the lake.
5. How did Sara break her nose?
(a) She got hit with a baseball.
(b) She ran into a door.
(c) She was punched by an angry girl.
(d) She fell off hte playground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willie blame herself for Charlie's disappearance?
2. How long do Joe and Sara walk together until Joe suggests they take a break?
3. Who assures Sara that everything will be all right when she gets panicked?
4. Where does Sara go after her aunt calls her father?
5. What is Sara not able to do when she gets emotional while at the top of the hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Charlie when Sara broke her nose?
2. What does Sam do when he comes to visit his children?
3. Why did some boys take Charlie's watch?
4. How does Sara feel when she gets to the top of the hill?
5. What does Joe find in the woods, and why is this such good news to Sara?
6. What does Sara compare her search for Charlie to?
7. Why does Charlie start to scream when he wakes up in the woods?
8. Why does Charlie not feel upset when he realizes he is lost?
9. What did Sara do to a girl who called Charlie a retard in a mean way?
10. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans flying?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)