|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sara leave Charlie while she talks with her best friend?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The driveway.
(c) The porch steps.
(d) The trail.
2. What causes Charlie to feel shut off from the world around him?
(a) Seeing the sun set.
(b) The absense of Sara.
(c) Being in a strange place.
(d) Hearing a bird chirp.
3. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake?
(a) Wanda's beauty.
(b) Aunt Willie's comments.
(c) The fact that she has to take Charlie.
(d) Her large feet.
4. What are Wanda and Aunt Willie fighting about?
(a) Wanda's curfew.
(c) Wanda's dress.
(d) A motorcycle.
5. Why is Sara so upset with Willie's request of her after Wanda leaves?
(a) It was supposed to be her idea.
(b) She has too many chores.
(c) It is summer time.
(d) She never gets to be alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie say matters more than outer beauty?
2. What does Charlie never do?
3. What is Charlie's most prized possession?
4. What marks the place where Charlie goes when he is anxious?
5. What does Willie yell at the girls for after Wanda's date?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sara feel about what Wanda wants to do for Charlie?
2. What does Charlie do when he feels lonely without Sara with him?
3. What is Sara doing at the beginning of the book and why?
4. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
5. What does Mary say to Sara when Sara is searching for Charlie at the lake?
6. What does Sara do and say when she sees what is making Charlie so anxious at the beginning of the book?
7. What is Charlie so anxious about at the beginning of the book?
8. What happens when Charlie gets bothered by the rocking chairs on Mary's porch?
9. What happens when Charlie asks for help with his missing button?
10. What information about Charlie do we get from Mary's mother?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)