|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sara once write to prove her feelings about the most important form of beauty?
(a) A speech.
(b) A note to her friend.
(c) An English paper.
(d) A school newspaper article.
2. How many times is Charlie's sucker fixed for him?
3. What is Sara doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Tying a scarf on her dog.
(b) Taking her dog for a walk.
(c) Giving her dog a bath.
(d) Teaching her dog a new trick.
4. Where does Charlie start walking when he gets upset while sitting on Mary's porch?
(b) The lake.
(c) The woods.
(d) The school.
5. Why does Sara not like Wanda talking about Charlie to strangers?
(a) She is ashamed.
(b) She is proud of him.
(c) She doesn't want him sent away.
(d) She worries he will be mocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sara not agree with what Willie says to her after Wanda leaves?
2. What did Sara ask Aunt Willie to buy her from downtown?
3. Where does Charlie sit when he gets nervous?
4. Who helped Charlie make the place he goes when his sucker is fixed?
5. What marks the place where Charlie goes when he is anxious?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara say to Charlie when we first meet him in the book?
2. What does Sara decide to do after Wanda leaves with Frank?
3. What does Willie ask Sara to do after Wanda leaves, and why is Sara so upset about this?
4. What does Aunt Willie do to make sure the scooter is safe for Wanda?
5. How does Sara feel about what Wanda wants to do for Charlie?
6. What does Wanda say to comfort Sara about her big feet?
7. What does Sara do and say when she sees what is making Charlie so anxious at the beginning of the book?
8. What does Charlie do when Sara tries to show him the flying swans?
9. What does Charlie do when he feels lonely without Sara with him?
10. What does Charlie do after Sara talks with him about what he is anxious about at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)