|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Wanda and Aunt Willie fighting about?
(a) Wanda's dress.
(b) Wanda's curfew.
(d) A motorcycle.
2. What does Sara think Charlie has gone to see?
(a) The school.
(b) The trees.
(c) The swans.
(d) The tent.
3. Where does Charlie think his visitor went after coming to his window?
(a) The tent.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The lake.
4. What color was Sara trying to dye her shoes?
5. Why does Sara not like Wanda talking about Charlie to strangers?
(a) She doesn't want him sent away.
(b) She worries he will be mocked.
(c) She is ashamed.
(d) She is proud of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie decide to do when he thinks something came to visit him?
2. What upsets Charlie when he is sitting on Mary's porch steps?
3. What does Sara chide Charlie for after they leave Mary's house?
4. What color are Sara's shoes?
5. Who does Wanda compare Sara to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara say to Charlie when we first meet him in the book?
2. What happens when Charlie gets bothered by the rocking chairs on Mary's porch?
3. What information about Charlie do we get from Mary's mother?
4. What does Aunt Willie do to make sure the scooter is safe for Wanda?
5. What does Mary say to Sara when Sara is searching for Charlie at the lake?
6. What does Mary ask about Sara's new dress, and what is her response?
7. What does Charlie do when Sara says it is time to go home after their first trip to see the swans?
8. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
9. What happened at school to make Sara hate her feet?
10. Why does Mary say she can't go to the lake with Sara and Charlie?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)