|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie hold on to in an effort to stay at the lake?
2. What is the name of Wanda's boyfriend?
3. What does Charlie do when he knows his extended time is almost over?
(a) Hits Sara.
(b) Shakes his head.
(c) Goes limp.
4. What is Charlie playing with at the beginning of the book?
(a) A sucker.
(b) An ear of corn.
(c) A wad of bubble gum.
(d) An acorn.
5. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake?
(a) The fact that she has to take Charlie.
(b) Wanda's beauty.
(c) Aunt Willie's comments.
(d) Her large feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara dislike most about her body?
2. Why is Wanda going to be late coming home?
3. What is Mary worried about when she sees Sara running by her house in the morning?
4. What does Wanda listen to on the radio after her date?
5. What does Charlie think came to visit him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake with Charlie?
2. How does Sara feel about what Wanda wants to do for Charlie?
3. What happens when Charlie gets bothered by the rocking chairs on Mary's porch?
4. What does Charlie do after Sara talks with him about what he is anxious about at the beginning of the book?
5. What happens when Charlie tries to feed the swans?
6. What does Wanda say she wants to do for Charlie?
7. What does Sara say to Charlie when we first meet him in the book?
8. What does Wanda say when she sees Sara and Charlie at the lake?
9. What does Aunt Willie do to make sure the scooter is safe for Wanda?
10. What does Wanda do after her argument with Sara?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)