|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie do when he knows his extended time is almost over?
(a) Shakes his head.
(c) Goes limp.
(d) Hits Sara.
2. Who turns Charlie around when he starts to walk away after getting upset on Mary's porch?
(c) Mrs. Johnson.
(d) Mary's mother.
3. Why do the swans come closer to Charlie?
(a) He has bread crumbs.
(b) They see his watch.
(c) Wanda's voice startles them.
(d) He is so quiet.
4. What color was Sara trying to dye her shoes?
5. Who is the only person who hears Charlie struggling at night?
(c) Aunt Willie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie playing with at the beginning of the book?
2. Why can't Sara's best friend go to the lake with her?
3. What does Sara feed to the swans?
4. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake?
5. What is Charlie told to do after his sucker is fixed again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Charlie tries to feed the swans?
2. What does Wanda say to comfort Sara about her big feet?
3. What is Sara doing at the beginning of the book and why?
4. What does Willie say to Sara after Wanda leaves on her date, and what is Sara's response to this?
5. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake with Charlie?
6. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
7. What is Charlie so anxious about at the beginning of the book?
8. What does Charlie do after Sara talks with him about what he is anxious about at the beginning of the book?
9. Why does Mary say she can't go to the lake with Sara and Charlie?
10. What does Sara say to Charlie when we first meet him in the book?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)