|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Wanda and Sara agree on?
(a) Charlie needs some help.
(b) Their town is very boring.
(c) Their father should not have left.
(d) Aunt Willie is too controlling.
2. What does Charlie choose to not tell Sara about?
(a) That she had a visitor.
(b) The teasing he got at school.
(c) What Aunt Willie said.
(d) His broken sucker.
3. What is Charlie told to do after his sucker is fixed again?
(a) Be grateful.
(b) Fix it himself next time.
(c) Go away.
(d) Be careful.
4. What does Frank offer to do to make Willie more comfortable?
(a) Take Willie for a ride.
(b) Let Willie come with them.
(c) See a different movie.
(d) Give her the number of the house the party is at.
5. Where does Charlie get cut when he runs into something in the woods?
(a) His chest.
(b) His leg.
(c) His head.
(d) His arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie never do?
2. What scares Charlie into running when he is in the woods?
3. What is Charlie afraid Sara will do at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Sara chide Charlie for after they leave Mary's house?
5. Who does Wanda compare Sara to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Charlie asks for help with his missing button?
2. What does Willie ask Sara to do after Wanda leaves, and why is Sara so upset about this?
3. What does Charlie do when he feels lonely without Sara with him?
4. What information about Charlie do we get from Mary's mother?
5. What does Mary say to Sara when Sara is searching for Charlie at the lake?
6. What does Charlie do after Sara talks with him about what he is anxious about at the beginning of the book?
7. Why does Charlie not feel upset when he realizes he is lost?
8. What causes Sara to doubt her initial idea of who took Charlie's watch?
9. How did Charlie get his brain damage?
10. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)