|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the swans come closer to Charlie?
(a) He is so quiet.
(b) He has bread crumbs.
(c) Wanda's voice startles them.
(d) They see his watch.
2. What kind of beauty does Sara think is most important?
(a) Spiritual beauty.
(b) Outer beauty.
(c) Mental beauty.
(d) Inner beauty.
3. What does Sara feed to the swans?
(b) Bread crust.
4. Why does Charlie feel validated in breaking rules at night?
(a) He can't get anyone to go with him.
(b) The rules only apply at day.
(c) He has an important task to complete.
(d) There is nobody awake to say no.
5. Who goes with Sara to the lake to find Charlie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie afraid Sara will do at the beginning of the book?
2. What was used to make the place where Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed?
3. What does Frank offer to do to make Willie more comfortable?
4. What does Willie say matters more than outer beauty?
5. Where does Wanda want Charlie to go the next summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Charlie asks for help with his missing button?
2. What happens when Charlie tries to feed the swans?
3. What keeps Sara awake at night, and why is this so strange?
4. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
5. How do Sara and Charlie feel about the swans?
6. What happens when Charlie gets bothered by the rocking chairs on Mary's porch?
7. What does Charlie do after Sara talks with him about what he is anxious about at the beginning of the book?
8. What does Charlie do when he is asked the time, and why?
9. What does Charlie do when Sara says it is time to go home after their first trip to see the swans?
10. What does Wanda say Aunt Willie never lets her do?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)