|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie hold on to in an effort to stay at the lake?
2. What is Sara doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Giving her dog a bath.
(b) Taking her dog for a walk.
(c) Teaching her dog a new trick.
(d) Tying a scarf on her dog.
3. Where does Sara leave Charlie while she talks with her best friend?
(a) The porch steps.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The driveway.
(d) The trail.
4. Why is Wanda going to be late coming home?
(a) There is traffic.
(b) She is going to a party.
(c) She is going to see Frank's baby sister.
(d) Their dinner reservation was delayed.
5. How does Sara say her summer has been so far at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Sara's best friend go to the lake with her?
2. What was used to make the place where Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed?
3. What color was Sara trying to dye her shoes?
4. What does Charlie do when people ask him the time?
5. What does Charlie get comfort from while he is in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary ask about Sara's new dress, and what is her response?
2. What does Wanda say Aunt Willie never lets her do?
3. What does Sara do and say when she sees what is making Charlie so anxious at the beginning of the book?
4. What kind of beauty does Sara say is the most important, and how did she try to express this once?
5. Why is Charlie's foot so sore while he is in the woods?
6. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
7. What does Charlie do when he feels lonely without Sara with him?
8. What are Sara's first thoughts when she wakes up on the day Charlie is missing?
9. What information about Charlie do we get from Mary's mother?
10. How does Sara feel about what Wanda wants to do for Charlie?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)