|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary's last name?
2. Why does Sara get angry with Wanda after Wanda's fight with Aunt Willie?
(a) She called Charlie retarded.
(b) She is bragging about the fun she will have.
(c) She wants to send Charlie away.
(d) She talked about Charlie with a stranger.
3. Why does Sara go through an empty field after leaving Mary's house?
(a) She wants to be alone.
(b) It is calming to Charlie.
(c) She doesn't want people to see her.
(d) It is a shortcut.
4. What does Charlie lose while he is in the woods?
(a) A shoe.
(b) His flashlight.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His watch.
5. Why does Willie say she understands Sara's feelings about Wanda?
(a) She had a prettier sister once.
(b) All young girls feel that way.
(c) She felt the same way.
(d) She sees the truth in Sara's eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many more minutes does Sara say Charlie can stay at the lake when she is ready to go home?
2. What kind of beauty does Sara think is most important?
3. What does Sara regret when she looks in the mirror in the morning?
4. What is Sara's aunt's name?
5. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara decide to do after Wanda leaves with Frank?
2. What does Charlie do when he gets nervous?
3. What does Charlie do when he is asked the time, and why?
4. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake with Charlie?
5. What does Sara say to Charlie when we first meet him in the book?
6. What are Sara's first thoughts when she wakes up on the day Charlie is missing?
7. What does Mary say to Sara when Sara is searching for Charlie at the lake?
8. What happened when Sara tried to dye her shoes?
9. What happens when Charlie tries to feed the swans?
10. How do Sara and Charlie feel about the swans?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)