|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the swans come closer to Charlie?
(a) Wanda's voice startles them.
(b) He has bread crumbs.
(c) They see his watch.
(d) He is so quiet.
2. What does Charlie lose while he is in the woods?
(a) A shoe.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His flashlight.
(d) His watch.
3. Why is Sara so upset with Willie's request of her after Wanda leaves?
(a) She has too many chores.
(b) It was supposed to be her idea.
(c) It is summer time.
(d) She never gets to be alone.
4. What does Charlie hold on to in an effort to stay at the lake?
5. What did Sara's dog not like when he was a puppy?
(a) Getting baths.
(b) Seeing people cry.
(c) Being dressed up.
(d) Going for walks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the place Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed made?
2. Where is Charlie sitting at the beginning of the book?
3. What scares Charlie into running when he is in the woods?
4. What did Sara once write to prove her feelings about the most important form of beauty?
5. Why does Sara not like Wanda talking about Charlie to strangers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of beauty does Sara say is the most important, and how did she try to express this once?
2. What does Willie ask Sara to do after Wanda leaves, and why is Sara so upset about this?
3. What does Charlie do when he is asked the time, and why?
4. How did Charlie get his brain damage?
5. What does Charlie do when Sara says it is time to go home after their first trip to see the swans?
6. What keeps Sara awake at night, and why is this so strange?
7. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
8. What does Wanda do after her argument with Sara?
9. What happens when Charlie gets bothered by the rocking chairs on Mary's porch?
10. What does Charlie do when he gets nervous?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)