|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie know?
(a) The anatomy of birds.
(b) His full name.
(c) The Pledge of Allegiance.
(d) His numbers and letters.
2. Where are Wanda and Aunt Willie arguing in Chapter 3?
(a) On the back porch.
(b) Wanda's room.
(c) On the front porch.
(d) The kitchen.
3. What does Willie say matters more than outer beauty?
(a) Inner beauty.
(c) Good goals for the future.
(d) A kind heart.
4. What do Wanda and Sara agree on?
(a) Charlie needs some help.
(b) Their town is very boring.
(c) Their father should not have left.
(d) Aunt Willie is too controlling.
5. Why do the swans come closer to Charlie?
(a) Wanda's voice startles them.
(b) He has bread crumbs.
(c) He is so quiet.
(d) They see his watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wanda going to be late coming home?
2. What does Sara feed to the swans?
3. Why will the swans not eat the pieces Charlie throws?
4. Why does Sara go through an empty field after leaving Mary's house?
5. Where does Sara decide to go after Wanda leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake with Charlie?
2. What does Wanda say Aunt Willie never lets her do?
3. What does Wanda do after her argument with Sara?
4. What does Wanda say she wants to do for Charlie?
5. What happens when Charlie tries to feed the swans?
6. How did Charlie get his brain damage?
7. What is Charlie so anxious about at the beginning of the book?
8. What is Sara doing at the beginning of the book and why?
9. What does Sara decide to do after Wanda leaves with Frank?
10. What does Charlie do after Sara talks with him about what he is anxious about at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)