|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie do to comfort himself when he feels shut off from the world?
(a) Shuffles his feet.
(b) Taps his fingers.
(c) Listens to his watch.
(d) Counts the birds.
2. What word does Sara use to describe her aunt?
3. What is Charlie playing with at the beginning of the book?
(a) An ear of corn.
(b) An acorn.
(c) A wad of bubble gum.
(d) A sucker.
4. What does Charlie choose to not tell Sara about?
(a) His broken sucker.
(b) What Aunt Willie said.
(c) That she had a visitor.
(d) The teasing he got at school.
5. Why does Charlie feel validated in breaking rules at night?
(a) He can't get anyone to go with him.
(b) There is nobody awake to say no.
(c) The rules only apply at day.
(d) He has an important task to complete.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Wanda's boyfriend drive?
2. How many times is Charlie's sucker fixed for him?
3. Why does Sara go through an empty field after leaving Mary's house?
4. What is Sara's aunt's name?
5. Who helped Charlie make the place he goes when his sucker is fixed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Sara tried to dye her shoes?
2. What does Wanda say Aunt Willie never lets her do?
3. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake with Charlie?
4. What does Sara do and say when she sees what is making Charlie so anxious at the beginning of the book?
5. What happened at school to make Sara hate her feet?
6. What does Sara decide to do after Wanda leaves with Frank?
7. What keeps Sara awake at night, and why is this so strange?
8. What does Charlie do when he is asked the time, and why?
9. What happens when Charlie asks for help with his missing button?
10. What are Sara's first thoughts when she wakes up on the day Charlie is missing?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)