|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turns Charlie around when he starts to walk away after getting upset on Mary's porch?
(b) Mrs. Johnson.
(c) Mary's mother.
2. What class did Wanda talk about Charlie in?
(d) Child Development.
3. What does Wanda do after her date?
(a) Gets some dinner in the kitchen.
(b) Checks in with her aunt.
(c) Hugs Charlie.
(d) Sneaks into the room.
4. What is Sara's aunt's name?
5. What causes Charlie to feel shut off from the world around him?
(a) Hearing a bird chirp.
(b) Being in a strange place.
(c) The absense of Sara.
(d) Seeing the sun set.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sara ask Aunt Willie to buy her from downtown?
2. What did Sara's dog not like when he was a puppy?
3. What is Mary's last name?
4. What does Sara regret when she looks in the mirror in the morning?
5. What does Charlie do to comfort himself when he feels shut off from the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Charlie so anxious about at the beginning of the book?
2. Why is Charlie's foot so sore while he is in the woods?
3. What does Charlie do after Sara talks with him about what he is anxious about at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Wanda say when she sees Sara and Charlie at the lake?
5. What does Sara decide to do after Wanda leaves with Frank?
6. What does Willie ask Sara to do after Wanda leaves, and why is Sara so upset about this?
7. What does Sara do and say when she sees what is making Charlie so anxious at the beginning of the book?
8. What does Wanda say she wants to do for Charlie?
9. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake with Charlie?
10. What happens when Charlie gets bothered by the rocking chairs on Mary's porch?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)