|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Willie to take Frank up on his offer?
(a) Frank gives her a hug.
(b) Charlie starts to cry.
(c) Wanda says she is not happy.
(d) Sara says Willie is too old.
2. Who does Aunt Willie want to call when Charlie is missing?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) The police.
(d) The hospital.
3. What scares Charlie into running when he is in the woods?
(a) The hoot of an owl.
(b) Barking dogs.
(c) A spider web in the moonlight.
(d) A gun shot.
4. What upsets Charlie when he is sitting on Mary's porch steps?
(a) The chiming of a clock.
(b) The cawing of a crow.
(c) The growing darkness.
(d) The sound of rocking chairs.
5. What does Sara dislike most about her body?
(a) Her fat arms.
(b) Her stringy hair.
(c) Her large feet.
(d) Her skinny legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Wanda's boyfriend?
2. Who is the only person who hears Charlie struggling at night?
3. Why does Charlie realize something is wrong when he is in the woods?
4. Where is Charlie sitting at the beginning of the book?
5. Who does Sara not like to be compared to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie do when Sara tries to show him the flying swans?
2. What is Sara doing at the beginning of the book and why?
3. What does Aunt Willie say to Sara about Sam, and what is Sara's response?
4. What does Wanda say when she sees Sara and Charlie at the lake?
5. What does Sara think when she first sees Charlie in the ravine?
6. How does Sara feel about what Wanda wants to do for Charlie?
7. Why does Joe want Sara to climb a large dirt hill with him?
8. What happened to Charlie when Sara broke her nose?
9. What does Sara do and say when she sees what is making Charlie so anxious at the beginning of the book?
10. What keeps Sara awake at night, and why is this so strange?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)