|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the swans come closer to Charlie?
(a) They see his watch.
(b) Wanda's voice startles them.
(c) He has bread crumbs.
(d) He is so quiet.
2. What is Charlie's most prized possession?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His watch.
(c) His ring.
(d) His glasses.
3. What does Charlie hold on to in an effort to stay at the lake?
4. Who does Wanda compare Sara to?
(a) Jackie O.
(b) Lady Bird.
(d) Maralyn Monroe.
5. What is Charlie playing with at the beginning of the book?
(a) A wad of bubble gum.
(b) A sucker.
(c) An ear of corn.
(d) An acorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forces Charlie to show what is making him anxious at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Charlie do to comfort himself when he feels shut off from the world?
3. What does Willie do after she takes Frank up on his offer?
4. Who helped Charlie make the place he goes when his sucker is fixed?
5. What does Charlie do when he gets nervous?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sara feel when she gets to the top of the hill?
2. What did Sara do to the boy who she thought stole Charlie's watch?
3. What is Wanda upset about at the end of the book?
4. Why did some boys take Charlie's watch?
5. How does Sara feel about what Wanda wants to do for Charlie?
6. How did Sara find out the truth about who took Charlie's watch?
7. What kind of beauty does Sara say is the most important, and how did she try to express this once?
8. What does Joe say when Sara apologizes for being so mean when she thought he stole Charlie's watch?
9. What does Wanda do after her argument with Sara?
10. What does Sara do and say when she sees what is making Charlie so anxious at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)