|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Wanda and Sara agree on?
(a) Charlie needs some help.
(b) Their father should not have left.
(c) Their town is very boring.
(d) Aunt Willie is too controlling.
2. What kind of car does Wanda's boyfriend drive?
(a) A VW bug.
(b) A cadillac.
(c) A scooter.
(d) A pick-up truck.
3. What does Willie yell at the girls for after Wanda's date?
(a) Coming home late.
(b) Keeping the window open.
(c) Eating in their room.
(d) Being to noisy.
4. What does Sara chide Charlie for after they leave Mary's house?
(a) Embarrassing her.
(b) Worrying Mary's mother.
(c) Leaving without her.
(d) Being rude to a nice woman.
5. What does Charlie decide to do when he thinks something came to visit him?
(a) Find it in the yard.
(b) Go to it.
(c) Get help from Sara.
(d) Hide under his covers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the place Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed made?
2. Where is Charlie sitting at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Charlie lose while he is in the woods?
4. Who does Aunt Willie want to call when Charlie is missing?
5. What did Sara once write to prove her feelings about the most important form of beauty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie do after Sara talks with him about what he is anxious about at the beginning of the book?
2. What happened at school to make Sara hate her feet?
3. Why does Mary say she can't go to the lake with Sara and Charlie?
4. How does Sara feel about what Wanda wants to do for Charlie?
5. What does Charlie do when Sara says it is time to go home after their first trip to see the swans?
6. What does Charlie do when he is asked the time, and why?
7. What does Willie ask Sara to do after Wanda leaves, and why is Sara so upset about this?
8. What happened when Sara tried to dye her shoes?
9. What does Wanda say when she sees Sara and Charlie at the lake?
10. What does Charlie do when he feels lonely without Sara with him?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)