|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wanda hope to see with her boyfriend?
(c) A racy movie.
(d) College boys.
2. What is Charlie playing with at the beginning of the book?
(a) A sucker.
(b) An acorn.
(c) A wad of bubble gum.
(d) An ear of corn.
3. Where does Sara decide to go after Wanda leaves?
(a) Mary's house.
(b) The lake.
(c) The vacant lot.
(d) The woods.
4. What did Sara's dog not like when he was a puppy?
(a) Going for walks.
(b) Getting baths.
(c) Being dressed up.
(d) Seeing people cry.
5. What scares Charlie into running when he is in the woods?
(a) Barking dogs.
(b) The hoot of an owl.
(c) A spider web in the moonlight.
(d) A gun shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie do when he gets nervous?
2. What causes Willie to take Frank up on his offer?
3. Where does Sara leave Charlie while she talks with her best friend?
4. What word does Sara use to describe her aunt?
5. Why do the swans come closer to Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie do when he is asked the time, and why?
2. What does Sara do and say when she sees what is making Charlie so anxious at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Charlie do when he feels lonely without Sara with him?
4. What does Sara decide to do after Wanda leaves with Frank?
5. What does Wanda say to comfort Sara about her big feet?
6. What does Sara say to Charlie when we first meet him in the book?
7. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake with Charlie?
8. Why is Charlie's foot so sore while he is in the woods?
9. What is Charlie so anxious about at the beginning of the book?
10. What happens when Charlie gets bothered by the rocking chairs on Mary's porch?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)