|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wanda do after her date?
(a) Hugs Charlie.
(b) Checks in with her aunt.
(c) Gets some dinner in the kitchen.
(d) Sneaks into the room.
2. Why do the swans come closer to Charlie?
(a) He is so quiet.
(b) They see his watch.
(c) He has bread crumbs.
(d) Wanda's voice startles them.
3. What does Charlie decide to do when he thinks something came to visit him?
(a) Hide under his covers.
(b) Find it in the yard.
(c) Get help from Sara.
(d) Go to it.
4. Who helped Charlie make the place he goes when his sucker is fixed?
(b) Aunt Willie.
5. What does Sara chide Charlie for after they leave Mary's house?
(a) Leaving without her.
(b) Being rude to a nice woman.
(c) Worrying Mary's mother.
(d) Embarrassing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie playing with at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Charlie realize something is wrong when he is in the woods?
3. What does Sara want to do after her trip to the lake?
4. What does Charlie know?
5. What does Sara want to do with her shoes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie do when he gets nervous?
2. What happened at school to make Sara hate her feet?
3. What does Charlie do when he feels lonely without Sara with him?
4. What does Sara do and say when she sees what is making Charlie so anxious at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Wanda do after her argument with Sara?
6. What does Wanda say to comfort Sara about her big feet?
7. What happens when Charlie tries to feed the swans?
8. What are Sara's first thoughts when she wakes up on the day Charlie is missing?
9. What does Sara say to Charlie when we first meet him in the book?
10. What does Wanda say when she sees Sara and Charlie at the lake?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)