|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Aunt Willie not buy what Sara wanted from downtown?
(a) Sara has enough clothes.
(b) They could not afford it.
(c) It was not appropriate.
(d) She can make it cheaper.
2. What did Sara's dog not like when he was a puppy?
(a) Getting baths.
(b) Being dressed up.
(c) Seeing people cry.
(d) Going for walks.
3. What does Charlie think came to visit him?
(a) A witch.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A swan.
(d) An owl.
4. Why does Sara get angry with Wanda after Wanda's fight with Aunt Willie?
(a) She is bragging about the fun she will have.
(b) She wants to send Charlie away.
(c) She called Charlie retarded.
(d) She talked about Charlie with a stranger.
5. What does Charlie run into after he starts running in the woods?
(a) A tree stump.
(b) A wooden fence post.
(c) Some old farm equipment.
(d) A wire fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie know?
2. What is Mary's last name?
3. What are Wanda and Aunt Willie fighting about?
4. What marks the place where Charlie goes when he is anxious?
5. Why does Wanda stop teasing Sara at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sara and Charlie feel about the swans?
2. What does Charlie do when he gets nervous?
3. What happens when Charlie gets bothered by the rocking chairs on Mary's porch?
4. What happened at school to make Sara hate her feet?
5. What happens when Charlie tries to feed the swans?
6. What does Wanda say Aunt Willie never lets her do?
7. What kind of beauty does Sara say is the most important, and how did she try to express this once?
8. What does not give Charlie comfort in the woods, and why does this upset him so?
9. What happens when Charlie asks for help with his missing button?
10. What is Sara doing at the beginning of the book and why?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)