|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Wanda's boyfriend?
2. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans?
(a) She is angry there are not more.
(b) She is in awe.
(c) She thinks they are like ducks.
(d) She thinks they are loud.
3. What does Charlie hold on to in an effort to stay at the lake?
4. What is Charlie's most prized possession?
(a) His watch.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His ring.
5. What causes Willie to take Frank up on his offer?
(a) Frank gives her a hug.
(b) Sara says Willie is too old.
(c) Charlie starts to cry.
(d) Wanda says she is not happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sara not like Frank?
2. What does Charlie run into after he starts running in the woods?
3. What upsets Charlie when he is sitting on Mary's porch steps?
4. Why will the swans not eat the pieces Charlie throws?
5. Who helped Charlie make the place he goes when his sucker is fixed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willie say to Sara after Wanda leaves on her date, and what is Sara's response to this?
2. What does Sara decide to do after Wanda leaves with Frank?
3. How does Sara feel about what Wanda wants to do for Charlie?
4. What does Wanda say to comfort Sara about her big feet?
5. What does Charlie do when he feels lonely without Sara with him?
6. What does Willie ask Sara to do after Wanda leaves, and why is Sara so upset about this?
7. How do Sara and Charlie feel about the swans?
8. What does Sara say to Charlie when we first meet him in the book?
9. What kind of beauty does Sara say is the most important, and how did she try to express this once?
10. What does Charlie do after Sara talks with him about what he is anxious about at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)