|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Willie talking to when Sara comes back from the lake?
(a) A friend.
(c) Sara's mother.
(d) The police.
2. Why does Sara say she knows where to look for Charlie?
(a) She hears whispers in the dark.
(b) She feels prodded there.
(c) She has a connection with him.
(d) She saw it in a dream.
3. Why does Charlie start screaming?
(a) It starts to rain.
(b) His hand starts to hurt.
(c) He hears his name being called.
(d) He gets very scared.
4. How does Sara feel as she runs towards the ravine?
5. What did the sign that Sara put on boy's back say?
(b) Kick Me.
6. Where does Charlie picture himself just after waking up?
(a) In a story book.
(b) In an old movie.
(c) The bottom of the ocean.
(d) Aunt Willie's treasure box.
7. What animal scares Charlie when he tries to fix his watch?
8. What does Joe give to Charlie to get him out of the ravine?
(a) A map.
(b) His water bottle.
(c) His watch.
(d) A pat on the back.
9. Who is throwing the party Mary is going to the night Charlie is missing?
(a) Benjie Herschfeld.
(b) Benny Hickman.
(c) Bennie Hoffman.
(d) Bernie Harold.
10. Who does Sara run into as she is leaving her house after her father is called?
11. How does Sara feel when she gets out of the woods?
(a) Light and happy.
(b) Tired and alone.
(c) Heavy and mature.
(d) Joyful and exhausted.
12. What does Charlie sit on when he gives up on finding his way home?
(a) A gravestone.
(b) A bench.
(c) A log.
(d) A coal wagon.
13. What were the boys teasing Charlie with when they took his watch?
(b) His schoolwork.
14. Who hears Charlie screaming first?
15. What does Sara eat for breakfast after her aunt calls her father?
(a) Cinnamon rolls and orange juice.
(b) Toast and Kool-aid.
(c) Fruit and lemonade.
(d) Biscuits and Milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara do when she gets to the top of the hill?
2. Who winds Charlie's watch for him?
3. How does Joe describe the party that is happening that night?
4. Where did Charlie wake up when Sara broke her nose?
5. What does Charlie not do when he wakes up alone in the woods?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)