|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Sara break her nose?
(a) She ran into a door.
(b) She got hit with a baseball.
(c) She was punched by an angry girl.
(d) She fell off hte playground.
2. What does Sara think looks more like Charlie than a picture?
(a) His baby pictures.
(b) The face of his watch.
(c) The foot imprint on the steps.
(d) His self portrait.
3. What causes Sara to doubt her conviction about who stole Charlie's watch?
(a) Frank says he was with Wanda that day.
(b) Joe swears he did not.
(c) Rob shows her his own watch.
(d) Mary defends him.
4. What does Charlie do when he first sees Sara?
(b) Hugs her.
(d) Lays down.
5. Where does Sara's father live?
6. What does Charlie sit on when he gives up on finding his way home?
(a) A coal wagon.
(b) A log.
(c) A gravestone.
(d) A bench.
7. What does Joe do when Sara gets to the top of the hill?
(a) Sings for Sara.
(b) Yells with Sara.
(d) Hugs Sara while she cries.
8. Where does Charlie picture himself just after waking up?
(a) The bottom of the ocean.
(b) Aunt Willie's treasure box.
(c) In an old movie.
(d) In a story book.
9. Who is throwing the party Mary is going to the night Charlie is missing?
(a) Bernie Harold.
(b) Benjie Herschfeld.
(c) Benny Hickman.
(d) Bennie Hoffman.
10. Where does Sara plan to look for Charlie after her father is contacted?
(a) The lake side.
(b) The ravine.
(c) The school grounds.
(d) The woods.
11. Where does Sara go after her aunt calls her father?
(a) The woods.
(b) The school.
(c) The lake.
(d) Mary's house.
12. What does Sara do while she waits to hear what her father will say about Charlie's absence?
(a) Paces the porch.
(b) Eats her breakfast.
(c) Looks for a map.
(d) Teases the dog.
13. Where has Charlie been lost before this?
(a) The county fair.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The church.
14. What does Willie do after calling the police?
(a) Calls all the houses in the area.
(c) Goes searching in the woods.
15. How long do Joe and Sara walk together until Joe suggests they take a break?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) An hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Willie think Charlie is?
2. Who tells Sara the truth about who stole Charlie's watch?
3. Why does Willie blame herself for Charlie's disappearance?
4. What were the boys teasing Charlie with when they took his watch?
5. What does Sara think she can hear while she is on the top of the hill?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)