|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who winds Charlie's watch for him?
2. Where does Sara first hear public news of Charlie's disappearance?
(a) The bulletin board.
(b) The radio.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The town newsletter.
3. Where did Charlie wake up when Sara broke her nose?
(a) The couch.
(b) The hospital.
(c) His tent.
(d) His bed.
4. Why does Sara know Charlie is not where Willie thinks he is?
(a) It is too far away.
(b) He is afraid of dark.
(c) He does not like to be dirty.
(d) It is too hard to get there.
5. Where is Charlie while Sara is looking in the woods for him?
(a) A ditch.
(b) The old prison.
(c) The coal mine.
(d) A ravine.
6. What animal scares Charlie when he tries to fix his watch?
7. What does Charlie do when he first sees Sara?
(c) Lays down.
(d) Hugs her.
8. Why does Sara say she knows where to look for Charlie?
(a) She saw it in a dream.
(b) She feels prodded there.
(c) She hears whispers in the dark.
(d) She has a connection with him.
9. What is in Mary's hair while she is looking for Charlie?
(b) Permanent solution.
10. Where does Charlie picture himself just after waking up?
(a) The bottom of the ocean.
(b) Aunt Willie's treasure box.
(c) In a story book.
(d) In an old movie.
11. How does Joe describe the party that is happening that night?
12. Where does Sara meet the other searchers?
(a) The lake.
(b) The dirt hill.
(c) The mine shaft.
(d) The vacant lot.
13. How did Sara break her nose?
(a) She got hit with a baseball.
(b) She ran into a door.
(c) She fell off hte playground.
(d) She was punched by an angry girl.
14. What does Sara call all the things she has cried about earlier in the summer?
15. What does Sara try to get Charlie to notice when they get out of the woods?
(a) The ducks on the lake.
(b) The flying swans.
(c) A new watch.
(d) All the people who were trying to find him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe want to climb a big strip mining hill?
2. What does Charlie sit on when he gives up on finding his way home?
3. What does Sara's father do on the weekends he comes to visit his children?
4. Who is Willie talking to when Sara comes back from the lake?
5. Who does Sara run into as she is leaving her house after her father is called?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)