|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara do while she waits to hear what her father will say about Charlie's absence?
(a) Teases the dog.
(b) Looks for a map.
(c) Eats her breakfast.
(d) Paces the porch.
2. Where did Charlie wake up when Sara broke her nose?
(a) The couch.
(b) The hospital.
(c) His bed.
(d) His tent.
3. What does Sara know Charlie would be doing if he wasn't lost when Joe suggests a break?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Working on the tent.
(c) Drawing a picture.
(d) Watching TV.
4. What is Sara not able to do when she gets emotional while at the top of the hill?
5. What does Sara's father do on the weekends he comes to visit his children?
(c) Watches TV.
(d) Goes fishing.
6. What causes Sara to doubt her conviction about who stole Charlie's watch?
(a) Rob shows her his own watch.
(b) Frank says he was with Wanda that day.
(c) Mary defends him.
(d) Joe swears he did not.
7. Who assures Sara that everything will be all right when she gets panicked?
8. What does Sara compare Joe to when she is climbing the dirt hill?
(a) A doctor.
(b) The dentist.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) A teacher.
9. How does Sara feel as she runs towards the ravine?
10. What were the boys teasing Charlie with when they took his watch?
(b) His schoolwork.
11. What does Mary complain about most while she is searching for Charlie?
(a) The cold.
(b) The dark.
(c) The heat.
(d) The dirt.
12. Why does Joe want to climb a big strip mining hill?
(a) So they can see down the valley.
(b) He thinks Charlie may be there.
(c) There are footprints at the base of the hill.
(d) He wants to be alone with Sara.
13. What does Sara try to get Charlie to notice when they get out of the woods?
(a) A new watch.
(b) All the people who were trying to find him.
(c) The ducks on the lake.
(d) The flying swans.
14. Where does Sara go after her aunt calls her father?
(a) The woods.
(b) The school.
(c) Mary's house.
(d) The lake.
15. How does Joe describe the party that is happening that night?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sara reply to the suggestion that they take a break?
2. Why does Willie blame herself for Charlie's disappearance?
3. What does Joe do when Sara gets to the top of the hill?
4. What does Willie do after calling the police?
5. What does Willie say will make Sara very sorry?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)