|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charlie picture himself just after waking up?
(a) In an old movie.
(b) In a story book.
(c) Aunt Willie's treasure box.
(d) The bottom of the ocean.
2. What does Sara think looks more like Charlie than a picture?
(a) His self portrait.
(b) The foot imprint on the steps.
(c) The face of his watch.
(d) His baby pictures.
3. Where does Sara's father live?
4. Who is Willie talking to when Sara comes back from the lake?
(a) A friend.
(c) Sara's mother.
(d) The police.
5. How does Sara feel when she gets out of the woods?
(a) Heavy and mature.
(b) Light and happy.
(c) Tired and alone.
(d) Joyful and exhausted.
6. Why does Joe want to climb a big strip mining hill?
(a) He thinks Charlie may be there.
(b) There are footprints at the base of the hill.
(c) So they can see down the valley.
(d) He wants to be alone with Sara.
7. What does Sara call all the things she has cried about earlier in the summer?
8. Where is Charlie while Sara is looking in the woods for him?
(a) The old prison.
(b) The coal mine.
(c) A ditch.
(d) A ravine.
9. Why does Willie blame herself for Charlie's disappearance?
(a) She did not check on Charlie during the night.
(b) She didn't fix the button.
(c) She was mean to Charlie the night before.
(d) She did not lock the door.
10. How does Joe describe the party that is happening that night?
11. Who does Sara think stole Charlie's watch?
12. How does Sara feel as she runs towards the ravine?
13. Who tells Sara the truth about who stole Charlie's watch?
14. What is Sara not able to do when she gets emotional while at the top of the hill?
15. What animal scares Charlie when he tries to fix his watch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What overwhelms Sara when she gets to the top of the hill?
2. What does Joe do when Sara gets to the top of the hill?
3. What does Sara do while she waits to hear what her father will say about Charlie's absence?
4. What does Sara try to get Charlie to notice when they get out of the woods?
5. How often is Charlie's watch usually wound?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)