|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sara grab Joe's arm when they are on the hill?
(a) To find some comfort.
(b) To be near him.
(c) To steady herself.
(d) To get him to be quiet.
2. What does Sara do when she gets to the top of the hill?
(b) Throws rocks down.
(c) Takes a mental picture.
(d) Screams Charlie's name.
3. What did the sign that Sara put on boy's back say?
(a) Kick Me.
4. Why does Joe want to climb a big strip mining hill?
(a) He wants to be alone with Sara.
(b) There are footprints at the base of the hill.
(c) So they can see down the valley.
(d) He thinks Charlie may be there.
5. What does Charlie not do when he wakes up alone in the woods?
(a) Call for help.
(b) Keep walking.
(d) Open his eyes.
6. Who hears Charlie screaming first?
7. What were the boys teasing Charlie with when they took his watch?
(a) His schoolwork.
8. What is in Mary's hair while she is looking for Charlie?
(a) Permanent solution.
9. How does Sara feel when she hears Joe's part in the chaos with Charlie's watch?
10. Where does Sara first hear public news of Charlie's disappearance?
(a) The town newsletter.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The bulletin board.
(d) The radio.
11. What is Sara's father's name?
12. Where does Charlie picture himself just after waking up?
(a) In an old movie.
(b) In a story book.
(c) Aunt Willie's treasure box.
(d) The bottom of the ocean.
13. What is Sara not able to do when she gets emotional while at the top of the hill?
14. Where does Sara meet the other searchers?
(a) The dirt hill.
(b) The vacant lot.
(c) The lake.
(d) The mine shaft.
15. Where does Sara go after her aunt calls her father?
(a) The lake.
(b) The woods.
(c) Mary's house.
(d) The school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sara say she knows where to look for Charlie?
2. How does Sara feel when she gets out of the woods?
3. What does Sara do while she waits to hear what her father will say about Charlie's absence?
4. How does Joe describe the party that is happening that night?
5. Why does Charlie start screaming?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)