|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara do while she waits to hear what her father will say about Charlie's absence?
(a) Looks for a map.
(b) Teases the dog.
(c) Paces the porch.
(d) Eats her breakfast.
2. Who winds Charlie's watch for him?
3. Who hears Charlie screaming first?
4. How did Sara break her nose?
(a) She was punched by an angry girl.
(b) She ran into a door.
(c) She fell off hte playground.
(d) She got hit with a baseball.
5. Where did Charlie wake up when Sara broke her nose?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The couch.
(c) His tent.
(d) His bed.
6. Where does Sara meet the other searchers?
(a) The mine shaft.
(b) The lake.
(c) The vacant lot.
(d) The dirt hill.
7. Why does Joe want to climb a big strip mining hill?
(a) There are footprints at the base of the hill.
(b) He wants to be alone with Sara.
(c) He thinks Charlie may be there.
(d) So they can see down the valley.
8. What does Joe give to Charlie to get him out of the ravine?
(a) A pat on the back.
(b) His watch.
(c) A map.
(d) His water bottle.
9. Why does Charlie start screaming?
(a) His hand starts to hurt.
(b) He gets very scared.
(c) It starts to rain.
(d) He hears his name being called.
10. Who tells Sara the truth about who stole Charlie's watch?
11. What does Sara eat for breakfast after her aunt calls her father?
(a) Fruit and lemonade.
(b) Biscuits and Milk.
(c) Toast and Kool-aid.
(d) Cinnamon rolls and orange juice.
12. What does Joe do when Sara gets to the top of the hill?
(a) Sings for Sara.
(b) Hugs Sara while she cries.
(d) Yells with Sara.
13. Who does Sara think stole Charlie's watch?
14. What does Sara think she can hear while she is on the top of the hill?
(a) Her mother's voice.
(b) Charlie crying.
(c) The beep of a truck.
(d) The whisper of the wind.
15. Who is Willie talking to when Sara comes back from the lake?
(b) A friend.
(c) Sara's mother.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe ask Sara to do with him the night after Charlie is found?
2. Where is Charlie while Sara is looking in the woods for him?
3. Who returned Charlie's watch to him?
4. What does Sara think looks more like Charlie than a picture?
5. What does Charlie do when he first sees Sara?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)