|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie not do when he wakes up alone in the woods?
(a) Open his eyes.
(c) Call for help.
(d) Keep walking.
2. Who does Charlie run to first when he gets out of the woods?
(b) Aunt Willie.
(c) The swans.
3. Why does Sara grab Joe's arm when they are on the hill?
(a) To steady herself.
(b) To get him to be quiet.
(c) To find some comfort.
(d) To be near him.
4. What does Sara do while she waits to hear what her father will say about Charlie's absence?
(a) Looks for a map.
(b) Paces the porch.
(c) Teases the dog.
(d) Eats her breakfast.
5. How does Sara feel when she gets out of the woods?
(a) Joyful and exhausted.
(b) Heavy and mature.
(c) Tired and alone.
(d) Light and happy.
6. How did Sara break her nose?
(a) She ran into a door.
(b) She fell off hte playground.
(c) She was punched by an angry girl.
(d) She got hit with a baseball.
7. What is in Mary's hair while she is looking for Charlie?
(a) Permanent solution.
8. Where did Charlie wake up when Sara broke her nose?
(a) The hospital.
(b) His tent.
(c) The couch.
(d) His bed.
9. What does Sara's father do on the weekends he comes to visit his children?
(b) Goes fishing.
(d) Watches TV.
10. Why does Joe want to climb a big strip mining hill?
(a) He thinks Charlie may be there.
(b) There are footprints at the base of the hill.
(c) He wants to be alone with Sara.
(d) So they can see down the valley.
11. What does Sara try to get Charlie to notice when they get out of the woods?
(a) The flying swans.
(b) All the people who were trying to find him.
(c) The ducks on the lake.
(d) A new watch.
12. What does Sara give to Charlie when she finds him?
(a) His sucker.
(b) His slipper.
(c) His stuffed dog.
(d) His hat.
13. How long do Joe and Sara walk together until Joe suggests they take a break?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) An hour.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
14. Who is Willie talking to when Sara comes back from the lake?
(b) The police.
(c) A friend.
(d) Sara's mother.
15. Who is throwing the party Mary is going to the night Charlie is missing?
(a) Benjie Herschfeld.
(b) Bernie Harold.
(c) Benny Hickman.
(d) Bennie Hoffman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often is Charlie's watch usually wound?
2. Who returned Charlie's watch to him?
3. Who hears Charlie screaming first?
4. Why does Sara know Charlie is not where Willie thinks he is?
5. What does Sara eat for breakfast after her aunt calls her father?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)