|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara try to get Charlie to notice when they get out of the woods?
(a) The ducks on the lake.
(b) All the people who were trying to find him.
(c) The flying swans.
(d) A new watch.
2. How does Sara feel when she gets out of the woods?
(a) Light and happy.
(b) Heavy and mature.
(c) Joyful and exhausted.
(d) Tired and alone.
3. How often is Charlie's watch usually wound?
(a) Every morning.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Once a week.
4. Where did Charlie wake up when Sara broke her nose?
(a) His tent.
(b) The couch.
(c) The hospital.
(d) His bed.
5. Where does Sara's father live?
6. What does Joe do when Sara gets to the top of the hill?
(a) Sings for Sara.
(b) Yells with Sara.
(d) Hugs Sara while she cries.
7. What were the boys teasing Charlie with when they took his watch?
(d) His schoolwork.
8. Why does Sara know Charlie is not where Willie thinks he is?
(a) It is too hard to get there.
(b) He is afraid of dark.
(c) He does not like to be dirty.
(d) It is too far away.
9. Who tells Sara the truth about who stole Charlie's watch?
10. How does Sara feel as she runs towards the ravine?
11. What does Sara compare Joe to when she is climbing the dirt hill?
(a) A teacher.
(b) The Sheriff.
(c) A doctor.
(d) The dentist.
12. What does Sara think looks more like Charlie than a picture?
(a) His baby pictures.
(b) His self portrait.
(c) The foot imprint on the steps.
(d) The face of his watch.
13. Why does Charlie start screaming?
(a) He hears his name being called.
(b) He gets very scared.
(c) His hand starts to hurt.
(d) It starts to rain.
14. Who is Willie talking to when Sara comes back from the lake?
(b) A friend.
(c) The police.
(d) Sara's mother.
15. How does Sara reply to the suggestion that they take a break?
(a) She gladly accepts.
(b) She refuses to.
(c) She gets angry.
(d) She is relieved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sara say she knows where to look for Charlie?
2. Who does Charlie run to first when he gets out of the woods?
3. What overwhelms Sara when she gets to the top of the hill?
4. What does Willie do after calling the police?
5. What is Sara's father's name?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)