|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sara feel when she gets out of the woods?
(a) Heavy and mature.
(b) Joyful and exhausted.
(c) Tired and alone.
(d) Light and happy.
2. What does Sara do while she waits to hear what her father will say about Charlie's absence?
(a) Teases the dog.
(b) Looks for a map.
(c) Paces the porch.
(d) Eats her breakfast.
3. What does Sara's father do on the weekends he comes to visit his children?
(b) Goes fishing.
(d) Watches TV.
4. What were the boys teasing Charlie with when they took his watch?
(c) His schoolwork.
5. Who assures Sara that everything will be all right when she gets panicked?
6. Where does Charlie picture himself just after waking up?
(a) In an old movie.
(b) In a story book.
(c) The bottom of the ocean.
(d) Aunt Willie's treasure box.
7. Why does Joe want to climb a big strip mining hill?
(a) He wants to be alone with Sara.
(b) He thinks Charlie may be there.
(c) There are footprints at the base of the hill.
(d) So they can see down the valley.
8. Where does Sara's father live?
9. Who is throwing the party Mary is going to the night Charlie is missing?
(a) Benjie Herschfeld.
(b) Bennie Hoffman.
(c) Benny Hickman.
(d) Bernie Harold.
10. What does Charlie sit on when he gives up on finding his way home?
(a) A coal wagon.
(b) A bench.
(c) A log.
(d) A gravestone.
11. Why does Sara grab Joe's arm when they are on the hill?
(a) To find some comfort.
(b) To steady herself.
(c) To get him to be quiet.
(d) To be near him.
12. What does Mary complain about most while she is searching for Charlie?
(a) The heat.
(b) The dark.
(c) The dirt.
(d) The cold.
13. What animal scares Charlie when he tries to fix his watch?
14. What does Joe do to encourage Sara to the top of the hill?
(a) Tells a story.
(b) Sings songs.
(c) Tells jokes.
(d) Compliments her.
15. What does Sara think she can hear while she is on the top of the hill?
(a) Her mother's voice.
(b) The whisper of the wind.
(c) Charlie crying.
(d) The beep of a truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sara plan to look for Charlie after her father is contacted?
2. Why does Sara say she knows where to look for Charlie?
3. How does Sara feel when she hears Joe's part in the chaos with Charlie's watch?
4. How does Joe describe the party that is happening that night?
5. What does Sara think looks more like Charlie than a picture?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)