|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sara reply to the suggestion that they take a break?
(a) She gladly accepts.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She refuses to.
(d) She gets angry.
2. What does Sara give to Charlie when she finds him?
(a) His slipper.
(b) His stuffed dog.
(c) His sucker.
(d) His hat.
3. What does Willie do after calling the police?
(b) Calls all the houses in the area.
(d) Goes searching in the woods.
4. Who assures Sara that everything will be all right when she gets panicked?
5. What does Mary complain about most while she is searching for Charlie?
(a) The dark.
(b) The cold.
(c) The dirt.
(d) The heat.
6. What is Charlie in constant fear of?
(c) Losing Sara.
(d) The dark.
7. How does Sara feel as she runs towards the ravine?
8. What does Sara do while she waits to hear what her father will say about Charlie's absence?
(a) Teases the dog.
(b) Looks for a map.
(c) Paces the porch.
(d) Eats her breakfast.
9. What does Charlie sit on when he gives up on finding his way home?
(a) A coal wagon.
(b) A bench.
(c) A gravestone.
(d) A log.
10. Where does Sara's father live?
11. How long do Joe and Sara walk together until Joe suggests they take a break?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) An hour.
12. What overwhelms Sara when she gets to the top of the hill?
(a) The height.
(b) The dense woods.
(c) The size of the forest.
(d) The beauty of the valley.
13. Where did Charlie wake up when Sara broke her nose?
(a) His tent.
(b) His bed.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The couch.
14. Where does Sara first hear public news of Charlie's disappearance?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The bulletin board.
(c) The town newsletter.
(d) The radio.
15. Who hears Charlie screaming first?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sara's father's name?
2. Why does Sara know Charlie is not where Willie thinks he is?
3. What animal scares Charlie when he tries to fix his watch?
4. What does Joe give to Charlie to get him out of the ravine?
5. What is Sara not able to do when she gets emotional while at the top of the hill?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)