|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sara first hear public news of Charlie's disappearance?
(a) The town newsletter.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The radio.
(d) The bulletin board.
2. What does Charlie not do when he wakes up alone in the woods?
(a) Keep walking.
(b) Open his eyes.
(d) Call for help.
3. What does Willie say will make Sara very sorry?
(a) When her father gets there.
(b) When the police show up.
(c) When she goes to bed without Charlie.
(d) When her father dies.
4. Why does Sara know Charlie is not where Willie thinks he is?
(a) He is afraid of dark.
(b) He does not like to be dirty.
(c) It is too hard to get there.
(d) It is too far away.
5. Who does Charlie run to first when he gets out of the woods?
(b) Aunt Willie.
(c) The swans.
6. Where does Charlie picture himself just after waking up?
(a) The bottom of the ocean.
(b) In a story book.
(c) In an old movie.
(d) Aunt Willie's treasure box.
7. How did Sara break her nose?
(a) She got hit with a baseball.
(b) She ran into a door.
(c) She was punched by an angry girl.
(d) She fell off hte playground.
8. How often is Charlie's watch usually wound?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every morning.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Twice a week.
9. What were the boys teasing Charlie with when they took his watch?
(c) His schoolwork.
10. Why does Sara grab Joe's arm when they are on the hill?
(a) To get him to be quiet.
(b) To find some comfort.
(c) To steady herself.
(d) To be near him.
11. What animal scares Charlie when he tries to fix his watch?
12. Why does Sara say she knows where to look for Charlie?
(a) She saw it in a dream.
(b) She has a connection with him.
(c) She feels prodded there.
(d) She hears whispers in the dark.
13. How does Joe describe the party that is happening that night?
14. Who is Willie talking to when Sara comes back from the lake?
(a) A friend.
(b) The police.
(d) Sara's mother.
15. Where does Sara go after her aunt calls her father?
(a) The lake.
(b) Mary's house.
(c) The woods.
(d) The school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What overwhelms Sara when she gets to the top of the hill?
2. What does Joe give to Charlie to get him out of the ravine?
3. What does Sara do while she waits to hear what her father will say about Charlie's absence?
4. Who hears Charlie screaming first?
5. Who returned Charlie's watch to him?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)