|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie say will make Sara very sorry?
(a) When her father gets there.
(b) When she goes to bed without Charlie.
(c) When her father dies.
(d) When the police show up.
2. How often is Charlie's watch usually wound?
(a) Twice a week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Every morning.
3. Who tells Sara the truth about who stole Charlie's watch?
4. What does Sara give to Charlie when she finds him?
(a) His slipper.
(b) His hat.
(c) His stuffed dog.
(d) His sucker.
5. What does Sara think looks more like Charlie than a picture?
(a) The face of his watch.
(b) The foot imprint on the steps.
(c) His self portrait.
(d) His baby pictures.
6. What is Sara's father's name?
7. How does Sara feel as she runs towards the ravine?
8. Where does Sara meet the other searchers?
(a) The lake.
(b) The dirt hill.
(c) The mine shaft.
(d) The vacant lot.
9. What is Sara not able to do when she gets emotional while at the top of the hill?
10. What does Charlie not do when he wakes up alone in the woods?
(b) Open his eyes.
(c) Keep walking.
(d) Call for help.
11. How does Sara feel when she gets out of the woods?
(a) Tired and alone.
(b) Light and happy.
(c) Heavy and mature.
(d) Joyful and exhausted.
12. Where did Charlie wake up when Sara broke her nose?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The couch.
(c) His tent.
(d) His bed.
13. What does Joe do when Sara gets to the top of the hill?
(b) Yells with Sara.
(c) Sings for Sara.
(d) Hugs Sara while she cries.
14. Who does Sara run into as she is leaving her house after her father is called?
15. What does Joe give to Charlie to get him out of the ravine?
(a) A map.
(b) A pat on the back.
(c) His watch.
(d) His water bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara call all the things she has cried about earlier in the summer?
2. How does Joe describe the party that is happening that night?
3. Why does Willie blame herself for Charlie's disappearance?
4. What did the sign that Sara put on boy's back say?
5. What is Charlie in constant fear of?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)