|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara call all the things she has cried about earlier in the summer?
2. Who is throwing the party Mary is going to the night Charlie is missing?
(a) Bernie Harold.
(b) Bennie Hoffman.
(c) Benny Hickman.
(d) Benjie Herschfeld.
3. Why does Sara grab Joe's arm when they are on the hill?
(a) To find some comfort.
(b) To steady herself.
(c) To get him to be quiet.
(d) To be near him.
4. Who does Charlie run to first when he gets out of the woods?
(b) The swans.
(c) Aunt Willie.
5. What does Willie do after calling the police?
(c) Goes searching in the woods.
(d) Calls all the houses in the area.
6. Why does Sara know Charlie is not where Willie thinks he is?
(a) It is too far away.
(b) He is afraid of dark.
(c) He does not like to be dirty.
(d) It is too hard to get there.
7. Where does Sara's father live?
8. Where has Charlie been lost before this?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The church.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The county fair.
9. Why does Charlie start screaming?
(a) He gets very scared.
(b) He hears his name being called.
(c) His hand starts to hurt.
(d) It starts to rain.
10. What does Sara do when she gets to the top of the hill?
(a) Throws rocks down.
(c) Takes a mental picture.
(d) Screams Charlie's name.
11. What does Sara think she can hear while she is on the top of the hill?
(a) Her mother's voice.
(b) The beep of a truck.
(c) The whisper of the wind.
(d) Charlie crying.
12. Who does Sara think stole Charlie's watch?
13. What does Joe do when Sara gets to the top of the hill?
(b) Yells with Sara.
(c) Sings for Sara.
(d) Hugs Sara while she cries.
14. Who winds Charlie's watch for him?
15. Why does Willie blame herself for Charlie's disappearance?
(a) She was mean to Charlie the night before.
(b) She didn't fix the button.
(c) She did not check on Charlie during the night.
(d) She did not lock the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Sara when Charlie's watch was stolen?
2. What does Joe do to encourage Sara to the top of the hill?
3. Where does Sara meet the other searchers?
4. What does Sara compare Joe to when she is climbing the dirt hill?
5. What were the boys teasing Charlie with when they took his watch?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)