|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sign that Sara put on boy's back say?
(a) Kick Me.
2. Why does Charlie start screaming?
(a) His hand starts to hurt.
(b) He gets very scared.
(c) It starts to rain.
(d) He hears his name being called.
3. Where was Sara when Charlie's watch was stolen?
(a) In the drug store.
(b) At school.
(c) In her room.
(d) On the bus.
4. What causes Sara to doubt her conviction about who stole Charlie's watch?
(a) Frank says he was with Wanda that day.
(b) Mary defends him.
(c) Rob shows her his own watch.
(d) Joe swears he did not.
5. What does Sara call all the things she has cried about earlier in the summer?
6. Who hears Charlie screaming first?
7. Where is Charlie while Sara is looking in the woods for him?
(a) The old prison.
(b) A ditch.
(c) The coal mine.
(d) A ravine.
8. Who assures Sara that everything will be all right when she gets panicked?
9. What does Sara try to get Charlie to notice when they get out of the woods?
(a) The ducks on the lake.
(b) The flying swans.
(c) All the people who were trying to find him.
(d) A new watch.
10. What does Sara do while she waits to hear what her father will say about Charlie's absence?
(a) Eats her breakfast.
(b) Paces the porch.
(c) Looks for a map.
(d) Teases the dog.
11. Where does Sara plan to look for Charlie after her father is contacted?
(a) The school grounds.
(b) The ravine.
(c) The woods.
(d) The lake side.
12. Who does Charlie run to first when he gets out of the woods?
(a) The swans.
(c) Aunt Willie.
13. What does Joe do to encourage Sara to the top of the hill?
(a) Tells a story.
(b) Sings songs.
(c) Compliments her.
(d) Tells jokes.
14. What does Mary complain about most while she is searching for Charlie?
(a) The heat.
(b) The cold.
(c) The dirt.
(d) The dark.
15. Who tells Sara the truth about who stole Charlie's watch?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sara grab Joe's arm when they are on the hill?
2. Why does Sara know Charlie is not where Willie thinks he is?
3. What does Joe ask Sara to do with him the night after Charlie is found?
4. What does Sara give to Charlie when she finds him?
5. Where does Willie think Charlie is?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)