|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Sara the truth about who stole Charlie's watch?
2. Who does Sara think stole Charlie's watch?
3. How long do Joe and Sara walk together until Joe suggests they take a break?
(a) An hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
4. Where does Sara's father live?
5. What does Charlie do when he first sees Sara?
(a) Hugs her.
(b) Lays down.
6. What does Joe do when Sara gets to the top of the hill?
(b) Yells with Sara.
(c) Sings for Sara.
(d) Hugs Sara while she cries.
7. What does Sara compare Joe to when she is climbing the dirt hill?
(a) A doctor.
(b) The Sheriff.
(c) A teacher.
(d) The dentist.
8. What does Sara try to get Charlie to notice when they get out of the woods?
(a) The flying swans.
(b) The ducks on the lake.
(c) A new watch.
(d) All the people who were trying to find him.
9. What is Sara not able to do when she gets emotional while at the top of the hill?
10. How does Joe describe the party that is happening that night?
11. How does Sara feel as she runs towards the ravine?
12. Who is Willie talking to when Sara comes back from the lake?
(a) Sara's mother.
(b) The police.
(d) A friend.
13. How does Sara feel when she hears Joe's part in the chaos with Charlie's watch?
14. What does Sara call all the things she has cried about earlier in the summer?
15. Where does Sara go after her aunt calls her father?
(a) The school.
(b) The woods.
(c) The lake.
(d) Mary's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sign that Sara put on boy's back say?
2. What does Willie say will make Sara very sorry?
3. Why does Joe want to climb a big strip mining hill?
4. What were the boys teasing Charlie with when they took his watch?
5. What does Sara do when she gets to the top of the hill?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)