|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara give to Charlie when she finds him?
(a) His stuffed dog.
(b) His slipper.
(c) His hat.
(d) His sucker.
2. What does Sara eat for breakfast after her aunt calls her father?
(a) Biscuits and Milk.
(b) Cinnamon rolls and orange juice.
(c) Toast and Kool-aid.
(d) Fruit and lemonade.
3. Why does Willie blame herself for Charlie's disappearance?
(a) She didn't fix the button.
(b) She was mean to Charlie the night before.
(c) She did not lock the door.
(d) She did not check on Charlie during the night.
4. How did Sara break her nose?
(a) She was punched by an angry girl.
(b) She ran into a door.
(c) She fell off hte playground.
(d) She got hit with a baseball.
5. How does Sara reply to the suggestion that they take a break?
(a) She refuses to.
(b) She gladly accepts.
(c) She gets angry.
(d) She is relieved.
6. Where does Sara's father live?
7. What does Sara think she can hear while she is on the top of the hill?
(a) Her mother's voice.
(b) The whisper of the wind.
(c) Charlie crying.
(d) The beep of a truck.
8. Where did Charlie wake up when Sara broke her nose?
(a) His bed.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The couch.
(d) His tent.
9. Where does Sara plan to look for Charlie after her father is contacted?
(a) The woods.
(b) The lake side.
(c) The ravine.
(d) The school grounds.
10. Why does Sara say she knows where to look for Charlie?
(a) She feels prodded there.
(b) She has a connection with him.
(c) She hears whispers in the dark.
(d) She saw it in a dream.
11. What does Sara know Charlie would be doing if he wasn't lost when Joe suggests a break?
(a) Drawing a picture.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Working on the tent.
(d) Watching TV.
12. Where does Sara meet the other searchers?
(a) The vacant lot.
(b) The mine shaft.
(c) The dirt hill.
(d) The lake.
13. How does Joe describe the party that is happening that night?
14. What does Mary complain about most while she is searching for Charlie?
(a) The dark.
(b) The heat.
(c) The cold.
(d) The dirt.
15. What does Charlie sit on when he gives up on finding his way home?
(a) A gravestone.
(b) A coal wagon.
(c) A bench.
(d) A log.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara think looks more like Charlie than a picture?
2. Where is Charlie while Sara is looking in the woods for him?
3. What does Sara do while she waits to hear what her father will say about Charlie's absence?
4. Why does Sara know Charlie is not where Willie thinks he is?
5. What does Sara do when the person she thought stole Charlie's watch insists on helping her?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)