|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sara first hear public news of Charlie's disappearance?
(a) The town newsletter.
(b) The radio.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The bulletin board.
2. How does Sara reply to the suggestion that they take a break?
(a) She gladly accepts.
(b) She gets angry.
(c) She refuses to.
(d) She is relieved.
3. Who does Charlie run to first when he gets out of the woods?
(a) Aunt Willie.
(c) The swans.
4. What does Sara do while she waits to hear what her father will say about Charlie's absence?
(a) Eats her breakfast.
(b) Looks for a map.
(c) Paces the porch.
(d) Teases the dog.
5. Who does Sara think stole Charlie's watch?
6. What does Charlie do when he first sees Sara?
(b) Hugs her.
(d) Lays down.
7. Where is Charlie while Sara is looking in the woods for him?
(a) A ravine.
(b) The coal mine.
(c) A ditch.
(d) The old prison.
8. What does Joe give to Charlie to get him out of the ravine?
(a) His watch.
(b) His water bottle.
(c) A map.
(d) A pat on the back.
9. What did the sign that Sara put on boy's back say?
(a) Kick Me.
10. What does Joe do to encourage Sara to the top of the hill?
(a) Tells a story.
(b) Sings songs.
(c) Tells jokes.
(d) Compliments her.
11. Where does Sara's father live?
12. What is Sara not able to do when she gets emotional while at the top of the hill?
13. What causes Sara to doubt her conviction about who stole Charlie's watch?
(a) Frank says he was with Wanda that day.
(b) Rob shows her his own watch.
(c) Mary defends him.
(d) Joe swears he did not.
14. Where was Sara when Charlie's watch was stolen?
(a) In the drug store.
(b) In her room.
(c) At school.
(d) On the bus.
15. What does Joe ask Sara to do with him the night after Charlie is found?
(a) Let him come and get to know Charlie better.
(b) Go on a walk to the lake with him.
(c) Go on a date with him.
(d) Go to the party with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What overwhelms Sara when she gets to the top of the hill?
2. Who is throwing the party Mary is going to the night Charlie is missing?
3. Where does Charlie picture himself just after waking up?
4. How does Sara feel as she runs towards the ravine?
5. What does Sara do when the person she thought stole Charlie's watch insists on helping her?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)