|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sara not able to do when she gets emotional while at the top of the hill?
2. Who tells Sara the truth about who stole Charlie's watch?
3. What does Sara's father do on the weekends he comes to visit his children?
(a) Goes fishing.
(c) Watches TV.
4. Why does Willie blame herself for Charlie's disappearance?
(a) She did not check on Charlie during the night.
(b) She didn't fix the button.
(c) She did not lock the door.
(d) She was mean to Charlie the night before.
5. Who does Sara think stole Charlie's watch?
6. How does Sara reply to the suggestion that they take a break?
(a) She refuses to.
(b) She gets angry.
(c) She gladly accepts.
(d) She is relieved.
7. What does Sara do when she gets to the top of the hill?
(a) Takes a mental picture.
(b) Throws rocks down.
(d) Screams Charlie's name.
8. Who returned Charlie's watch to him?
(c) The boys who took it.
(d) Mary's mother.
9. What animal scares Charlie when he tries to fix his watch?
10. Who hears Charlie screaming first?
11. How did Sara break her nose?
(a) She ran into a door.
(b) She fell off hte playground.
(c) She got hit with a baseball.
(d) She was punched by an angry girl.
12. Where does Sara go after her aunt calls her father?
(a) The school.
(b) Mary's house.
(c) The woods.
(d) The lake.
13. What does Joe do when Sara gets to the top of the hill?
(a) Sings for Sara.
(b) Hugs Sara while she cries.
(c) Yells with Sara.
14. Where was Sara when Charlie's watch was stolen?
(a) In the drug store.
(b) At school.
(c) In her room.
(d) On the bus.
15. Why does Sara say she knows where to look for Charlie?
(a) She has a connection with him.
(b) She feels prodded there.
(c) She hears whispers in the dark.
(d) She saw it in a dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sara feel as she runs towards the ravine?
2. Who winds Charlie's watch for him?
3. Where is Charlie while Sara is looking in the woods for him?
4. What does Sara think looks more like Charlie than a picture?
5. What does Sara call all the things she has cried about earlier in the summer?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)