|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara call all the things she has cried about earlier in the summer?
2. Where does Sara plan to look for Charlie after her father is contacted?
(a) The school grounds.
(b) The woods.
(c) The ravine.
(d) The lake side.
3. Where is Charlie while Sara is looking in the woods for him?
(a) A ravine.
(b) The old prison.
(c) The coal mine.
(d) A ditch.
4. Why does Joe want to climb a big strip mining hill?
(a) He wants to be alone with Sara.
(b) There are footprints at the base of the hill.
(c) He thinks Charlie may be there.
(d) So they can see down the valley.
5. What does Sara try to get Charlie to notice when they get out of the woods?
(a) A new watch.
(b) The ducks on the lake.
(c) The flying swans.
(d) All the people who were trying to find him.
6. Who is throwing the party Mary is going to the night Charlie is missing?
(a) Benjie Herschfeld.
(b) Bennie Hoffman.
(c) Benny Hickman.
(d) Bernie Harold.
7. Where does Sara first hear public news of Charlie's disappearance?
(a) The radio.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The bulletin board.
(d) The town newsletter.
8. What does Sara's father do on the weekends he comes to visit his children?
(a) Watches TV.
(b) Goes fishing.
9. What does Sara give to Charlie when she finds him?
(a) His sucker.
(b) His hat.
(c) His stuffed dog.
(d) His slipper.
10. How does Joe describe the party that is happening that night?
11. Where does Sara's father live?
12. What does Sara do when the person she thought stole Charlie's watch insists on helping her?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She gives them bad directions.
(d) She walks off alone.
13. What does Sara compare Joe to when she is climbing the dirt hill?
(a) A teacher.
(b) The dentist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) The Sheriff.
14. Where does Sara go after her aunt calls her father?
(a) The woods.
(b) The lake.
(c) The school.
(d) Mary's house.
15. Who returned Charlie's watch to him?
(a) The boys who took it.
(b) Mary's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hears Charlie screaming first?
2. What does Mary complain about most while she is searching for Charlie?
3. Who assures Sara that everything will be all right when she gets panicked?
4. Who does Sara think stole Charlie's watch?
5. Where does Charlie picture himself just after waking up?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)