|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Sara to doubt her conviction about who stole Charlie's watch?
(a) Frank says he was with Wanda that day.
(b) Rob shows her his own watch.
(c) Mary defends him.
(d) Joe swears he did not.
2. Where has Charlie been lost before this?
(a) The church.
(b) The county fair.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The hospital.
3. How does Sara feel as she runs towards the ravine?
4. What does Sara give to Charlie when she finds him?
(a) His sucker.
(b) His stuffed dog.
(c) His hat.
(d) His slipper.
5. Where does Willie think Charlie is?
(a) The chicken factory.
(b) The closed up prison.
(c) The coal mine.
(d) The old school house.
6. Where does Sara's father live?
7. What does Sara call all the things she has cried about earlier in the summer?
8. Where was Sara when Charlie's watch was stolen?
(a) At school.
(b) In the drug store.
(c) In her room.
(d) On the bus.
9. What does Mary complain about most while she is searching for Charlie?
(a) The heat.
(b) The dirt.
(c) The cold.
(d) The dark.
10. How does Joe describe the party that is happening that night?
11. Where is Charlie while Sara is looking in the woods for him?
(a) The coal mine.
(b) A ditch.
(c) The old prison.
(d) A ravine.
12. How often is Charlie's watch usually wound?
(a) Twice a week.
(b) Every morning.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a week.
13. Who hears Charlie screaming first?
14. What does Joe do to encourage Sara to the top of the hill?
(a) Tells jokes.
(b) Tells a story.
(c) Compliments her.
(d) Sings songs.
15. Why does Joe want to climb a big strip mining hill?
(a) He wants to be alone with Sara.
(b) He thinks Charlie may be there.
(c) So they can see down the valley.
(d) There are footprints at the base of the hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Sara the truth about who stole Charlie's watch?
2. What does Charlie do when he first sees Sara?
3. What does Charlie not do when he wakes up alone in the woods?
4. What does Joe ask Sara to do with him the night after Charlie is found?
5. What overwhelms Sara when she gets to the top of the hill?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)