|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary complain about most while she is searching for Charlie?
(a) The dirt.
(b) The cold.
(c) The heat.
(d) The dark.
2. Where is Charlie while Sara is looking in the woods for him?
(a) The old prison.
(b) The coal mine.
(c) A ravine.
(d) A ditch.
3. Where does Sara go after her aunt calls her father?
(a) The woods.
(b) Mary's house.
(c) The school.
(d) The lake.
4. What does Sara call all the things she has cried about earlier in the summer?
5. What does Joe ask Sara to do with him the night after Charlie is found?
(a) Go to the party with him.
(b) Let him come and get to know Charlie better.
(c) Go on a walk to the lake with him.
(d) Go on a date with him.
6. Why does Joe want to climb a big strip mining hill?
(a) He thinks Charlie may be there.
(b) There are footprints at the base of the hill.
(c) So they can see down the valley.
(d) He wants to be alone with Sara.
7. What does Sara do when she gets to the top of the hill?
(b) Throws rocks down.
(c) Takes a mental picture.
(d) Screams Charlie's name.
8. What is Charlie in constant fear of?
(b) The dark.
(c) Losing Sara.
9. What did the sign that Sara put on boy's back say?
(b) Kick Me.
10. Who winds Charlie's watch for him?
11. Why does Sara know Charlie is not where Willie thinks he is?
(a) He is afraid of dark.
(b) It is too hard to get there.
(c) It is too far away.
(d) He does not like to be dirty.
12. How long do Joe and Sara walk together until Joe suggests they take a break?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) An hour.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
13. Who returned Charlie's watch to him?
(c) The boys who took it.
(d) Mary's mother.
14. Why does Sara grab Joe's arm when they are on the hill?
(a) To steady herself.
(b) To get him to be quiet.
(c) To be near him.
(d) To find some comfort.
15. What is Sara not able to do when she gets emotional while at the top of the hill?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in Mary's hair while she is looking for Charlie?
2. What overwhelms Sara when she gets to the top of the hill?
3. What does Joe give to Charlie to get him out of the ravine?
4. How often is Charlie's watch usually wound?
5. Why does Sara say she knows where to look for Charlie?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)