|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara want to do with her shoes?
(a) Cut them.
(b) Paint them.
(c) Hide them.
(d) Dye them.
2. What causes Charlie to feel shut off from the world around him?
(a) Being in a strange place.
(b) The absense of Sara.
(c) Hearing a bird chirp.
(d) Seeing the sun set.
3. Who turns Charlie around when he starts to walk away after getting upset on Mary's porch?
(a) Mrs. Johnson.
(b) Mary's mother.
4. Where is Charlie sitting at the beginning of the book?
(a) On the porch steps.
(b) On Sara's bed.
(c) At the kitchen table.
(d) On the couch.
5. Why will the swans not eat the pieces Charlie throws?
(a) They get too soggy.
(b) They are thrown too far.
(c) They are not the right size.
(d) Charlie will not throw them.
6. Why does Sara not like Wanda talking about Charlie to strangers?
(a) She worries he will be mocked.
(b) She is proud of him.
(c) She is ashamed.
(d) She doesn't want him sent away.
7. What does Willie do after she takes Frank up on his offer?
(b) Lets Charlie have a turn as well.
(c) Sends Sara to her room.
(d) Lets Wanda go.
8. Who is at the lake with Sara and Charlie after Wanda and Frank leave?
(b) An old couple.
(d) Sara's English teacher.
9. Who helped Charlie make the place he goes when his sucker is fixed?
(d) Aunt Willie.
10. What does Sara check on before she goes looking for Charlie?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her lipstick.
11. How many more minutes does Sara say Charlie can stay at the lake when she is ready to go home?
12. What does Willie say matters more than outer beauty?
(b) Inner beauty.
(c) Good goals for the future.
(d) A kind heart.
13. How was Sara's written statement about beauty received?
(a) All of her friends got mad.
(b) The principal told her it was not true.
(c) Adults kept hugging her.
(d) She got a bad grade.
14. What color are Sara's shoes?
15. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans?
(a) She is angry there are not more.
(b) She thinks they are loud.
(c) She thinks they are like ducks.
(d) She is in awe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scares Charlie into running when he is in the woods?
2. What did Sara ask Aunt Willie to buy her from downtown?
3. Where does Charlie start walking when he gets upset while sitting on Mary's porch?
4. What does Sara regret when she looks in the mirror in the morning?
5. What does Charlie get comfort from while he is in the woods?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)