|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Wanda many questions about her date?
2. What does Sara dislike most about her body?
(a) Her stringy hair.
(b) Her large feet.
(c) Her fat arms.
(d) Her skinny legs.
3. What does Charlie think came to visit him?
(a) A ghost.
(b) An owl.
(c) A swan.
(d) A witch.
4. Why does Sara go through an empty field after leaving Mary's house?
(a) She wants to be alone.
(b) She doesn't want people to see her.
(c) It is a shortcut.
(d) It is calming to Charlie.
5. What does Charlie know?
(a) His full name.
(b) The anatomy of birds.
(c) His numbers and letters.
(d) The Pledge of Allegiance.
6. What does Charlie do when people ask him the time?
(b) Shows them his watch.
(c) Writes down the time on his watch.
(d) Yells out, "Noon."
7. Why does Sara not like Frank?
(a) He does not appreciate Charlie.
(b) He has a beard.
(c) He is rude to Aunt Willie.
(d) He never stays at the house.
8. Who does Aunt Willie want to call when Charlie is missing?
(a) The police.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) The neighbors.
9. What did Sara once write to prove her feelings about the most important form of beauty?
(a) A school newspaper article.
(b) A speech.
(c) An English paper.
(d) A note to her friend.
10. What kind of beauty does Sara think is most important?
(a) Mental beauty.
(b) Outer beauty.
(c) Spiritual beauty.
(d) Inner beauty.
11. What did Sara ask Aunt Willie to buy her from downtown?
(a) A shirt.
(b) A bag.
(c) A skirt.
(d) A dress.
12. Who does Sara not like to be compared to?
(b) Aunt Willie.
(c) Other girls.
(d) Her mother.
13. What is Sara doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Taking her dog for a walk.
(b) Tying a scarf on her dog.
(c) Giving her dog a bath.
(d) Teaching her dog a new trick.
14. Why can't Sara's best friend go to the lake with her?
(a) She is getting her hair cut.
(b) She is grounded.
(c) She is going shopping.
(d) She is not feeling well.
15. How many times is Charlie's sucker fixed for him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sara say her summer has been so far at the beginning of the book?
2. Where does Charlie sit when he gets nervous?
3. Where does Charlie start walking when he gets upset while sitting on Mary's porch?
4. What does Willie say to Sara after Wanda leaves?
5. What does Charlie run into after he starts running in the woods?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)