|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turns Charlie around when he starts to walk away after getting upset on Mary's porch?
(a) Mrs. Johnson.
(b) Mary's mother.
2. What does Charlie do when he knows his extended time is almost over?
(a) Goes limp.
(b) Shakes his head.
(d) Hits Sara.
3. What class did Wanda talk about Charlie in?
(a) Child Development.
4. What does Charlie hold on to in an effort to stay at the lake?
5. What is Mary worried about when she sees Sara running by her house in the morning?
(a) Charlie's safety.
(b) Her pajama shirt.
(c) Sara's wet shoes.
(d) The curlers in Sara's hair.
6. Why does Sara get angry with Wanda after Wanda's fight with Aunt Willie?
(a) She is bragging about the fun she will have.
(b) She wants to send Charlie away.
(c) She called Charlie retarded.
(d) She talked about Charlie with a stranger.
7. Why is Sara so upset with Willie's request of her after Wanda leaves?
(a) She has too many chores.
(b) She never gets to be alone.
(c) It is summer time.
(d) It was supposed to be her idea.
8. Why does Sara not agree with what Willie says to her after Wanda leaves?
(a) She thinks Wanda is more grown up than Willie realizes.
(b) She thinks she is too ugly.
(c) She thinks she will never grow up.
(d) She thinks Wanda is very smart and careful.
9. What is Sara's aunt's name?
10. What is the name of Wanda's boyfriend?
11. What does Charlie do when people ask him the time?
(a) Writes down the time on his watch.
(b) Yells out, "Noon."
(d) Shows them his watch.
12. What did Sara once write to prove her feelings about the most important form of beauty?
(a) A speech.
(b) A school newspaper article.
(c) A note to her friend.
(d) An English paper.
13. What is Wanda getting ready for at the beginning of the book?
(a) A date.
(b) A party.
14. What does Charlie choose to not tell Sara about?
(a) What Aunt Willie said.
(b) That she had a visitor.
(c) His broken sucker.
(d) The teasing he got at school.
15. What does Charlie never do?
(a) Stand upright.
(b) Look people in the eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlie think his visitor went after coming to his window?
2. What marks the place where Charlie goes when he is anxious?
3. What is Charlie afraid Sara will do at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Wanda listen to on the radio after her date?
5. Who asks Wanda many questions about her date?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)