|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charlie realize something is wrong when he is in the woods?
(a) The moon has lost its light.
(b) It is too dark to see.
(c) It is taking too long to get to the lake.
(d) He cannot sense the swans.
2. What is Charlie's most prized possession?
(a) His ring.
(b) His watch.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His glasses.
3. What is Sara doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Tying a scarf on her dog.
(b) Giving her dog a bath.
(c) Teaching her dog a new trick.
(d) Taking her dog for a walk.
4. What does Charlie choose to not tell Sara about?
(a) What Aunt Willie said.
(b) His broken sucker.
(c) That she had a visitor.
(d) The teasing he got at school.
5. What does Charlie do when he knows his extended time is almost over?
(a) Goes limp.
(b) Shakes his head.
(d) Hits Sara.
6. What does Charlie do when he gets nervous?
(a) Pulls at his hair.
(c) Shuffles his feet.
(d) Bites his lip.
7. Why does Wanda stop teasing Sara at the beginning of the book?
(a) She knows it is not refined.
(b) Sara cries.
(c) She is too busy.
(d) Sara looks unhappy.
8. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans?
(a) She is angry there are not more.
(b) She thinks they are loud.
(c) She thinks they are like ducks.
(d) She is in awe.
9. What does Wanda do after her date?
(a) Hugs Charlie.
(b) Sneaks into the room.
(c) Gets some dinner in the kitchen.
(d) Checks in with her aunt.
10. What did Sara ask Aunt Willie to buy her from downtown?
(a) A shirt.
(b) A bag.
(c) A skirt.
(d) A dress.
11. What upsets Charlie when he is sitting on Mary's porch steps?
(a) The sound of rocking chairs.
(b) The cawing of a crow.
(c) The chiming of a clock.
(d) The growing darkness.
12. Where does Sara leave Charlie while she talks with her best friend?
(a) The driveway.
(b) The trail.
(c) The porch steps.
(d) The kitchen.
13. What kind of beauty does Sara think is most important?
(a) Outer beauty.
(b) Inner beauty.
(c) Mental beauty.
(d) Spiritual beauty.
14. What is Wanda getting ready for at the beginning of the book?
(b) A date.
(c) A party.
15. What does Charlie hold on to in an effort to stay at the lake?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie say to Sara after Wanda leaves?
2. Where does Charlie sit when he gets nervous?
3. What does Wanda hope to see with her boyfriend?
4. Why is Wanda going to be late coming home?
5. What does Willie yell at the girls for after Wanda's date?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)