|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie get comfort from while he is in the woods?
(a) The coolness.
(b) The dirt.
(c) The trees.
(d) The moonlight.
2. Why is Wanda going to be late coming home?
(a) She is going to a party.
(b) She is going to see Frank's baby sister.
(c) Their dinner reservation was delayed.
(d) There is traffic.
3. What scares Charlie into running when he is in the woods?
(a) The hoot of an owl.
(b) Barking dogs.
(c) A spider web in the moonlight.
(d) A gun shot.
4. Why is Sara so upset with Willie's request of her after Wanda leaves?
(a) It was supposed to be her idea.
(b) She has too many chores.
(c) She never gets to be alone.
(d) It is summer time.
5. What does Charlie hold on to in an effort to stay at the lake?
6. Why do the swans come closer to Charlie?
(a) They see his watch.
(b) Wanda's voice startles them.
(c) He is so quiet.
(d) He has bread crumbs.
7. What causes Willie to take Frank up on his offer?
(a) Wanda says she is not happy.
(b) Frank gives her a hug.
(c) Charlie starts to cry.
(d) Sara says Willie is too old.
8. What is Sara's dog's name?
(c) St. Paul.
9. How was Sara's written statement about beauty received?
(a) All of her friends got mad.
(b) She got a bad grade.
(c) Adults kept hugging her.
(d) The principal told her it was not true.
10. What does Sara feed to the swans?
(c) Bread crust.
11. How many times is Charlie's sucker fixed for him?
12. What is Wanda getting ready for at the beginning of the book?
(a) A party.
(d) A date.
13. What was used to make the place where Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A tarp.
(c) An old chair.
(d) Purple ink.
14. Why does Charlie realize something is wrong when he is in the woods?
(a) The moon has lost its light.
(b) It is too dark to see.
(c) It is taking too long to get to the lake.
(d) He cannot sense the swans.
15. What is Sara's best friend's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What class did Wanda talk about Charlie in?
2. What did Sara's dog not like when he was a puppy?
3. What does Wanda hope to see with her boyfriend?
4. Why does Willie say she understands Sara's feelings about Wanda?
5. Where does Wanda want Charlie to go the next summer?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)