|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charlie go to feel safe after his sucker is fixed?
(a) His couch.
(b) His tent.
(c) His corner.
(d) His bed.
2. Why does Sara go through an empty field after leaving Mary's house?
(a) She doesn't want people to see her.
(b) It is a shortcut.
(c) It is calming to Charlie.
(d) She wants to be alone.
3. Who does Sara not like to be compared to?
(b) Aunt Willie.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Other girls.
4. What does Charlie run into after he starts running in the woods?
(a) A wire fence.
(b) Some old farm equipment.
(c) A tree stump.
(d) A wooden fence post.
5. Why does Sara get angry with Wanda after Wanda's fight with Aunt Willie?
(a) She wants to send Charlie away.
(b) She talked about Charlie with a stranger.
(c) She is bragging about the fun she will have.
(d) She called Charlie retarded.
6. When was the place Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed made?
(a) That morning.
(b) When his father left.
(c) When his mother died.
(d) The week before.
7. Who does Aunt Willie want to call when Charlie is missing?
(a) The police.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The neighbors.
8. What is Wanda getting ready for at the beginning of the book?
(b) A party.
(d) A date.
9. Where does Wanda want Charlie to go the next summer?
(a) To a hospital.
(b) A special camp.
(c) To live with their dad.
(d) A special school.
10. What is Sara's aunt's name?
11. Who forces Charlie to show what is making him anxious at the beginning of the book?
(d) Aunt Billy.
12. Why did Aunt Willie not buy what Sara wanted from downtown?
(a) She can make it cheaper.
(b) Sara has enough clothes.
(c) They could not afford it.
(d) It was not appropriate.
13. Why does Sara not like Wanda talking about Charlie to strangers?
(a) She is proud of him.
(b) She doesn't want him sent away.
(c) She is ashamed.
(d) She worries he will be mocked.
14. Why does Sara not agree with what Willie says to her after Wanda leaves?
(a) She thinks Wanda is very smart and careful.
(b) She thinks Wanda is more grown up than Willie realizes.
(c) She thinks she will never grow up.
(d) She thinks she is too ugly.
15. Who is at the lake with Sara and Charlie after Wanda and Frank leave?
(b) An old couple.
(c) Sara's English teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake?
2. What did Sara's dog not like when he was a puppy?
3. What does Sara want to do with her shoes?
4. What does Wanda listen to on the radio after her date?
5. What causes Willie to take Frank up on his offer?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)