|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sara's dog's name?
(c) St. Paul.
2. What does Sara dislike most about her body?
(a) Her large feet.
(b) Her stringy hair.
(c) Her fat arms.
(d) Her skinny legs.
3. What does Charlie do to comfort himself when he feels shut off from the world?
(a) Taps his fingers.
(b) Counts the birds.
(c) Listens to his watch.
(d) Shuffles his feet.
4. What does Willie ask Sara to do after Wanda leaves?
(a) Finish her chores.
(b) Take a walk.
(c) Do some homework.
(d) Take Charlie with her.
5. Who turns Charlie around when he starts to walk away after getting upset on Mary's porch?
(a) Mrs. Johnson.
(b) Mary's mother.
6. Why did Aunt Willie not buy what Sara wanted from downtown?
(a) They could not afford it.
(b) Sara has enough clothes.
(c) She can make it cheaper.
(d) It was not appropriate.
7. What does Sara check on before she goes looking for Charlie?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her lipstick.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her clothes.
8. Who does Wanda compare Sara to?
(b) Maralyn Monroe.
(c) Jackie O.
(d) Lady Bird.
9. Where does Charlie start walking when he gets upset while sitting on Mary's porch?
(a) The woods.
(b) The lake.
(c) The school.
10. What kind of car does Wanda's boyfriend drive?
(a) A VW bug.
(b) A cadillac.
(c) A pick-up truck.
(d) A scooter.
11. What did Sara's dog not like when he was a puppy?
(a) Being dressed up.
(b) Going for walks.
(c) Seeing people cry.
(d) Getting baths.
12. What does Charlie hold on to in an effort to stay at the lake?
13. Why does Willie say she understands Sara's feelings about Wanda?
(a) All young girls feel that way.
(b) She felt the same way.
(c) She had a prettier sister once.
(d) She sees the truth in Sara's eyes.
14. Why does Charlie feel validated in breaking rules at night?
(a) There is nobody awake to say no.
(b) The rules only apply at day.
(c) He can't get anyone to go with him.
(d) He has an important task to complete.
15. Why do the swans come closer to Charlie?
(a) They see his watch.
(b) He has bread crumbs.
(c) Wanda's voice startles them.
(d) He is so quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Wanda and Sara agree on?
2. Why will the swans not eat the pieces Charlie throws?
3. What does Willie yell at the girls for after Wanda's date?
4. What does Charlie know?
5. Who asks Wanda many questions about her date?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)