|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara feed to the swans?
(c) Bread crust.
2. What does Charlie lose while he is in the woods?
(a) A shoe.
(b) His flashlight.
(c) His watch.
(d) His shirt.
3. What does Charlie do when people ask him the time?
(b) Yells out, "Noon."
(c) Shows them his watch.
(d) Writes down the time on his watch.
4. Why does Sara not agree with what Willie says to her after Wanda leaves?
(a) She thinks Wanda is very smart and careful.
(b) She thinks she will never grow up.
(c) She thinks she is too ugly.
(d) She thinks Wanda is more grown up than Willie realizes.
5. What does Sara dislike most about her body?
(a) Her fat arms.
(b) Her large feet.
(c) Her skinny legs.
(d) Her stringy hair.
6. What color are Sara's shoes?
7. Why is Sara so upset with Willie's request of her after Wanda leaves?
(a) She never gets to be alone.
(b) It is summer time.
(c) It was supposed to be her idea.
(d) She has too many chores.
8. What does Willie say to Sara after Wanda leaves?
(a) Wanda is acting to grown up.
(b) Sara will be dating soon.
(c) Sara is growing up.
(d) Wanda is not careful enough.
9. What is Sara's best friend's name?
10. Why can't Sara's best friend go to the lake with her?
(a) She is not feeling well.
(b) She is going shopping.
(c) She is getting her hair cut.
(d) She is grounded.
11. Who gave Charlie his watch?
12. When was the place Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed made?
(a) That morning.
(b) When his father left.
(c) When his mother died.
(d) The week before.
13. What does Willie ask Sara to do after Wanda leaves?
(a) Take Charlie with her.
(b) Finish her chores.
(c) Do some homework.
(d) Take a walk.
14. What does Charlie run into after he starts running in the woods?
(a) A wire fence.
(b) Some old farm equipment.
(c) A wooden fence post.
(d) A tree stump.
15. Where does Charlie get cut when he runs into something in the woods?
(a) His head.
(b) His chest.
(c) His leg.
(d) His arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the swans come closer to Charlie?
2. What is Mary's last name?
3. Why did Aunt Willie not buy what Sara wanted from downtown?
4. What upsets Charlie when he is sitting on Mary's porch steps?
5. Why does Sara go through an empty field after leaving Mary's house?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)