|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person who hears Charlie struggling at night?
(b) Aunt Willie.
2. How many times is Charlie's sucker fixed for him?
3. What is Charlie told to do after his sucker is fixed again?
(a) Go away.
(b) Be careful.
(c) Be grateful.
(d) Fix it himself next time.
4. How was Sara's written statement about beauty received?
(a) She got a bad grade.
(b) Adults kept hugging her.
(c) All of her friends got mad.
(d) The principal told her it was not true.
5. Where does Wanda want to go with her boyfriend?
(a) To the lake.
(b) To a downtown restauraunt.
(c) To a party.
(d) To the movies.
6. Why does Charlie realize something is wrong when he is in the woods?
(a) It is too dark to see.
(b) He cannot sense the swans.
(c) The moon has lost its light.
(d) It is taking too long to get to the lake.
7. Why does Sara not agree with what Willie says to her after Wanda leaves?
(a) She thinks Wanda is very smart and careful.
(b) She thinks she is too ugly.
(c) She thinks Wanda is more grown up than Willie realizes.
(d) She thinks she will never grow up.
8. How does Sara say her summer has been so far at the beginning of the book?
9. What is Wanda getting ready for at the beginning of the book?
(a) A party.
(c) A date.
10. What does Charlie do when he knows his extended time is almost over?
(a) Goes limp.
(c) Hits Sara.
(d) Shakes his head.
11. What does Sara dislike most about her body?
(a) Her skinny legs.
(b) Her large feet.
(c) Her fat arms.
(d) Her stringy hair.
12. When was the place Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed made?
(a) That morning.
(b) When his father left.
(c) When his mother died.
(d) The week before.
13. What is Sara's best friend's name?
14. Why will the swans not eat the pieces Charlie throws?
(a) They are not the right size.
(b) They are thrown too far.
(c) They get too soggy.
(d) Charlie will not throw them.
15. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans?
(a) She is in awe.
(b) She is angry there are not more.
(c) She thinks they are like ducks.
(d) She thinks they are loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Sara's best friend go to the lake with her?
2. Who does Sara complain to as she walks to the lake?
3. What is Sara's dog's name?
4. What kind of beauty does Sara think is most important?
5. What does Wanda do after her date?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)