|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Wanda's boyfriend?
2. What is Charlie's most prized possession?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His watch.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His ring.
3. Who goes with Sara to the lake to find Charlie?
4. What does Willie yell at the girls for after Wanda's date?
(a) Coming home late.
(b) Being to noisy.
(c) Keeping the window open.
(d) Eating in their room.
5. Who does Wanda compare Sara to?
(a) Jackie O.
(b) Maralyn Monroe.
(d) Lady Bird.
6. What does Sara check on before she goes looking for Charlie?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her lipstick.
7. What class did Wanda talk about Charlie in?
(c) Child Development.
8. Why does Sara not agree with what Willie says to her after Wanda leaves?
(a) She thinks Wanda is very smart and careful.
(b) She thinks Wanda is more grown up than Willie realizes.
(c) She thinks she will never grow up.
(d) She thinks she is too ugly.
9. What color are Sara's shoes?
10. Where does Sara decide to go after Wanda leaves?
(a) The vacant lot.
(b) The woods.
(c) The lake.
(d) Mary's house.
11. Who turns Charlie around when he starts to walk away after getting upset on Mary's porch?
(b) Mrs. Johnson.
(d) Mary's mother.
12. What is Willie unwilling to let Wanda do?
(a) See a racy movie.
(b) Attend a college party.
(c) Go on an unaccompanied date.
(d) Ride on a scooter.
13. Why does Sara not like Wanda talking about Charlie to strangers?
(a) She is ashamed.
(b) She is proud of him.
(c) She doesn't want him sent away.
(d) She worries he will be mocked.
14. What does Frank offer to do to make Willie more comfortable?
(a) Let Willie come with them.
(b) See a different movie.
(c) Take Willie for a ride.
(d) Give her the number of the house the party is at.
15. What was used to make the place where Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed?
(a) An old chair.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A tarp.
(d) Purple ink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie never do?
2. Why will the swans not eat the pieces Charlie throws?
3. Why is Wanda going to be late coming home?
4. Where is Charlie sitting at the beginning of the book?
5. How does Sara say her summer has been so far at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)