|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the swans come closer to Charlie?
(a) He is so quiet.
(b) They see his watch.
(c) He has bread crumbs.
(d) Wanda's voice startles them.
2. What does Charlie think came to visit him?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A witch.
(c) A swan.
(d) An owl.
3. What does Charlie do when he gets nervous?
(a) Shuffles his feet.
(b) Bites his lip.
(c) Pulls at his hair.
4. What does Charlie lose while he is in the woods?
(a) His flashlight.
(b) His watch.
(c) His shirt.
(d) A shoe.
5. What does Charlie run into after he starts running in the woods?
(a) Some old farm equipment.
(b) A wire fence.
(c) A wooden fence post.
(d) A tree stump.
6. Who asks Wanda many questions about her date?
7. What do Wanda and Sara agree on?
(a) Charlie needs some help.
(b) Their father should not have left.
(c) Their town is very boring.
(d) Aunt Willie is too controlling.
8. Why does Charlie feel validated in breaking rules at night?
(a) The rules only apply at day.
(b) There is nobody awake to say no.
(c) He can't get anyone to go with him.
(d) He has an important task to complete.
9. What does Wanda hope to see with her boyfriend?
(b) A racy movie.
(d) College boys.
10. What does Willie say matters more than outer beauty?
(a) Inner beauty.
(b) Good goals for the future.
(d) A kind heart.
11. What does Sara want to do after her trip to the lake?
(a) Read in her book.
(b) Dye her shoes.
(c) Cut her hair.
(d) Bathe Charlie.
12. Where is Charlie sitting at the beginning of the book?
(a) On the porch steps.
(b) On Sara's bed.
(c) At the kitchen table.
(d) On the couch.
13. What does Sara check on before she goes looking for Charlie?
(a) Her lipstick.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her dog.
14. When was the place Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed made?
(a) That morning.
(b) The week before.
(c) When his mother died.
(d) When his father left.
15. What did Sara's dog not like when he was a puppy?
(a) Seeing people cry.
(b) Going for walks.
(c) Being dressed up.
(d) Getting baths.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Wanda and Aunt Willie arguing in Chapter 3?
2. Where does Wanda want to go with her boyfriend?
3. What does Frank offer to do to make Willie more comfortable?
4. What does Charlie get comfort from while he is in the woods?
5. What does Charlie do to comfort himself when he feels shut off from the world?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)