|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sara's best friend's name?
2. Why can't Sara's best friend go to the lake with her?
(a) She is grounded.
(b) She is going shopping.
(c) She is getting her hair cut.
(d) She is not feeling well.
3. What does Charlie do when he gets nervous?
(b) Pulls at his hair.
(c) Bites his lip.
(d) Shuffles his feet.
4. What is Sara's dog's name?
(c) St. Paul.
5. What does Sara want to do after her trip to the lake?
(a) Dye her shoes.
(b) Read in her book.
(c) Cut her hair.
(d) Bathe Charlie.
6. Why does Sara not agree with what Willie says to her after Wanda leaves?
(a) She thinks Wanda is more grown up than Willie realizes.
(b) She thinks Wanda is very smart and careful.
(c) She thinks she is too ugly.
(d) She thinks she will never grow up.
7. What did Sara's dog not like when he was a puppy?
(a) Getting baths.
(b) Going for walks.
(c) Seeing people cry.
(d) Being dressed up.
8. Who gave Charlie his watch?
9. What does Willie say to Sara after Wanda leaves?
(a) Sara is growing up.
(b) Wanda is acting to grown up.
(c) Wanda is not careful enough.
(d) Sara will be dating soon.
10. What does Charlie do to comfort himself when he feels shut off from the world?
(a) Listens to his watch.
(b) Counts the birds.
(c) Taps his fingers.
(d) Shuffles his feet.
11. How does Sara say her summer has been so far at the beginning of the book?
12. Why does Charlie realize something is wrong when he is in the woods?
(a) He cannot sense the swans.
(b) It is too dark to see.
(c) It is taking too long to get to the lake.
(d) The moon has lost its light.
13. What marks the place where Charlie goes when he is anxious?
(a) Dents on the bed frame.
(b) Worn spots on the bathtub.
(c) Foot grooves on the porch.
(d) Scratches on the table.
14. Who does Wanda ask to send the message that she will be home late?
15. What kind of beauty does Sara think is most important?
(a) Spiritual beauty.
(b) Outer beauty.
(c) Inner beauty.
(d) Mental beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie get comfort from while he is in the woods?
2. Who does Aunt Willie want to call when Charlie is missing?
3. What did Sara once write to prove her feelings about the most important form of beauty?
4. What does Wanda do after her date?
5. What upsets Charlie when he is sitting on Mary's porch steps?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)