|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Sara to the lake to find Charlie?
2. Who turns Charlie around when he starts to walk away after getting upset on Mary's porch?
(c) Mrs. Johnson.
(d) Mary's mother.
3. What is Wanda getting ready for at the beginning of the book?
(b) A party.
(d) A date.
4. What did Sara ask Aunt Willie to buy her from downtown?
(a) A dress.
(b) A bag.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A skirt.
5. What does Charlie get comfort from while he is in the woods?
(a) The dirt.
(b) The coolness.
(c) The trees.
(d) The moonlight.
6. Why does Sara go through an empty field after leaving Mary's house?
(a) She doesn't want people to see her.
(b) She wants to be alone.
(c) It is a shortcut.
(d) It is calming to Charlie.
7. What does Sara regret when she looks in the mirror in the morning?
(a) Her short hair.
(b) Her faded clothes.
(c) Her skinny legs.
(d) Her acne.
8. What does Wanda listen to on the radio after her date?
(a) A love expert.
(b) Her favorite radio show.
(c) A dedication from Frank.
(d) A jingle.
9. What is Sara's aunt's name?
10. What is Sara doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Giving her dog a bath.
(b) Teaching her dog a new trick.
(c) Taking her dog for a walk.
(d) Tying a scarf on her dog.
11. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans?
(a) She is angry there are not more.
(b) She thinks they are like ducks.
(c) She thinks they are loud.
(d) She is in awe.
12. Why do the swans come closer to Charlie?
(a) He has bread crumbs.
(b) They see his watch.
(c) Wanda's voice startles them.
(d) He is so quiet.
13. Where does Charlie start walking when he gets upset while sitting on Mary's porch?
(a) The woods.
(c) The school.
(d) The lake.
14. What does Charlie never do?
(a) Look people in the eye.
(b) Stand upright.
15. How many more minutes does Sara say Charlie can stay at the lake when she is ready to go home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie do when he knows his extended time is almost over?
2. Where does Wanda want to go with her boyfriend?
3. What causes Charlie to feel shut off from the world around him?
4. What does Charlie choose to not tell Sara about?
5. Who gave Charlie his watch?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)