|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara check on before she goes looking for Charlie?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her lipstick.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her dog.
2. What was Charlie upset about when he got ready for bed?
(a) He had the wrong kind of toothpaste.
(b) There were no bubbles in his bath.
(c) The moon was too bright.
(d) His pajama top had a missing button.
3. What does Charlie never do?
(a) Look people in the eye.
(b) Stand upright.
4. What does Charlie run into after he starts running in the woods?
(a) A wire fence.
(b) A wooden fence post.
(c) Some old farm equipment.
(d) A tree stump.
5. Why will the swans not eat the pieces Charlie throws?
(a) Charlie will not throw them.
(b) They are not the right size.
(c) They are thrown too far.
(d) They get too soggy.
6. Where does Charlie sit when he gets nervous?
(a) The porch steps.
(b) His bed.
(c) The kitchen table.
(d) The bathtub.
7. What does Sara think Charlie has gone to see?
(a) The trees.
(b) The school.
(c) The tent.
(d) The swans.
8. What does Charlie hold on to in an effort to stay at the lake?
9. Who turns Charlie around when he starts to walk away after getting upset on Mary's porch?
(a) Mrs. Johnson.
(c) Mary's mother.
10. What causes Charlie to feel shut off from the world around him?
(a) Being in a strange place.
(b) Seeing the sun set.
(c) The absense of Sara.
(d) Hearing a bird chirp.
11. Who goes with Sara to the lake to find Charlie?
12. What does Sara regret when she looks in the mirror in the morning?
(a) Her acne.
(b) Her faded clothes.
(c) Her short hair.
(d) Her skinny legs.
13. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans?
(a) She is in awe.
(b) She is angry there are not more.
(c) She thinks they are like ducks.
(d) She thinks they are loud.
14. What does Willie do after she takes Frank up on his offer?
(a) Lets Wanda go.
(c) Sends Sara to her room.
(d) Lets Charlie have a turn as well.
15. Who forces Charlie to show what is making him anxious at the beginning of the book?
(b) Aunt Billy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willie unwilling to let Wanda do?
2. What upsets Charlie when he is sitting on Mary's porch steps?
3. Who does Wanda compare Sara to?
4. What word does Sara use to describe her aunt?
5. What is Sara's aunt's name?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)