|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was used to make the place where Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed?
(a) A blanket.
(b) An old chair.
(c) A tarp.
(d) Purple ink.
2. Where does Sara leave Charlie while she talks with her best friend?
(a) The porch steps.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The trail.
(d) The driveway.
3. What does Sara think Charlie has gone to see?
(a) The trees.
(b) The school.
(c) The tent.
(d) The swans.
4. Who helped Charlie make the place he goes when his sucker is fixed?
(d) Aunt Willie.
5. What is Wanda getting ready for at the beginning of the book?
(a) A party.
(b) A date.
6. Why does Willie say she understands Sara's feelings about Wanda?
(a) She had a prettier sister once.
(b) All young girls feel that way.
(c) She felt the same way.
(d) She sees the truth in Sara's eyes.
7. Why does Charlie feel validated in breaking rules at night?
(a) He can't get anyone to go with him.
(b) He has an important task to complete.
(c) There is nobody awake to say no.
(d) The rules only apply at day.
8. What does Sara hope to see when she leaves the house after Wanda leaves on her date?
(a) Her pet squirrel.
(b) The swans.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) A good place to cry.
9. Why is Sara so upset with Willie's request of her after Wanda leaves?
(a) It is summer time.
(b) She never gets to be alone.
(c) It was supposed to be her idea.
(d) She has too many chores.
10. Why does Sara go through an empty field after leaving Mary's house?
(a) She doesn't want people to see her.
(b) It is a shortcut.
(c) She wants to be alone.
(d) It is calming to Charlie.
11. Why does Sara not agree with what Willie says to her after Wanda leaves?
(a) She thinks Wanda is more grown up than Willie realizes.
(b) She thinks she will never grow up.
(c) She thinks Wanda is very smart and careful.
(d) She thinks she is too ugly.
12. Why can't Sara's best friend go to the lake with her?
(a) She is not feeling well.
(b) She is going shopping.
(c) She is grounded.
(d) She is getting her hair cut.
13. What does Charlie run into after he starts running in the woods?
(a) A tree stump.
(b) A wire fence.
(c) Some old farm equipment.
(d) A wooden fence post.
14. Who is at the lake with Sara and Charlie after Wanda and Frank leave?
(b) Sara's English teacher.
(d) An old couple.
15. What is Sara's dog's name?
(c) St. Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Wanda want to go with her boyfriend?
2. Why does Sara not like Frank?
3. What kind of car does Wanda's boyfriend drive?
4. What does Sara regret when she looks in the mirror in the morning?
5. Where does Charlie go to feel safe after his sucker is fixed?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)