|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara check on before she goes looking for Charlie?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her lipstick.
(d) Her clothes.
2. Where does Charlie go to feel safe after his sucker is fixed?
(a) His corner.
(b) His tent.
(c) His bed.
(d) His couch.
3. Why will the swans not eat the pieces Charlie throws?
(a) They are not the right size.
(b) They are thrown too far.
(c) They get too soggy.
(d) Charlie will not throw them.
4. Where does Sara decide to go after Wanda leaves?
(a) The vacant lot.
(b) Mary's house.
(c) The woods.
(d) The lake.
5. What does Willie do after she takes Frank up on his offer?
(a) Lets Wanda go.
(b) Lets Charlie have a turn as well.
(c) Sends Sara to her room.
6. How many more minutes does Sara say Charlie can stay at the lake when she is ready to go home?
7. What does Charlie hold on to in an effort to stay at the lake?
8. What does Charlie never do?
(c) Look people in the eye.
(d) Stand upright.
9. Why is Sara so upset with Willie's request of her after Wanda leaves?
(a) She has too many chores.
(b) It is summer time.
(c) She never gets to be alone.
(d) It was supposed to be her idea.
10. Who does Sara not like to be compared to?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Other girls.
(d) Aunt Willie.
11. What is Sara doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Tying a scarf on her dog.
(b) Giving her dog a bath.
(c) Teaching her dog a new trick.
(d) Taking her dog for a walk.
12. What causes Willie to take Frank up on his offer?
(a) Charlie starts to cry.
(b) Sara says Willie is too old.
(c) Frank gives her a hug.
(d) Wanda says she is not happy.
13. What does Charlie decide to do when he thinks something came to visit him?
(a) Hide under his covers.
(b) Go to it.
(c) Get help from Sara.
(d) Find it in the yard.
14. How many times is Charlie's sucker fixed for him?
15. What is Charlie playing with at the beginning of the book?
(a) An ear of corn.
(b) A sucker.
(c) A wad of bubble gum.
(d) An acorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Wanda and Sara agree on?
2. What word does Sara use to describe her aunt?
3. Why did Aunt Willie not buy what Sara wanted from downtown?
4. What is Charlie afraid Sara will do at the beginning of the book?
5. What causes Charlie to feel shut off from the world around him?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)