|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Charlie to feel shut off from the world around him?
(a) Hearing a bird chirp.
(b) The absense of Sara.
(c) Being in a strange place.
(d) Seeing the sun set.
2. What does Charlie do when he knows his extended time is almost over?
(a) Shakes his head.
(b) Hits Sara.
(c) Goes limp.
3. What is the name of Wanda's boyfriend?
4. What word does Sara use to describe her aunt?
5. Where does Sara leave Charlie while she talks with her best friend?
(a) The driveway.
(b) The trail.
(c) The porch steps.
(d) The kitchen.
6. What does Sara feed to the swans?
(c) Bread crust.
7. When was the place Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed made?
(a) When his father left.
(b) That morning.
(c) The week before.
(d) When his mother died.
8. What does Sara want to do with her shoes?
(a) Cut them.
(b) Dye them.
(c) Paint them.
(d) Hide them.
9. Where does Wanda want Charlie to go the next summer?
(a) A special camp.
(b) To a hospital.
(c) A special school.
(d) To live with their dad.
10. What does Charlie know?
(a) His full name.
(b) The Pledge of Allegiance.
(c) His numbers and letters.
(d) The anatomy of birds.
11. What does Frank offer to do to make Willie more comfortable?
(a) See a different movie.
(b) Let Willie come with them.
(c) Give her the number of the house the party is at.
(d) Take Willie for a ride.
12. What upsets Charlie when he is sitting on Mary's porch steps?
(a) The growing darkness.
(b) The sound of rocking chairs.
(c) The cawing of a crow.
(d) The chiming of a clock.
13. What is Willie unwilling to let Wanda do?
(a) Ride on a scooter.
(b) Go on an unaccompanied date.
(c) Attend a college party.
(d) See a racy movie.
14. What does Charlie run into after he starts running in the woods?
(a) A tree stump.
(b) Some old farm equipment.
(c) A wire fence.
(d) A wooden fence post.
15. What did Sara ask Aunt Willie to buy her from downtown?
(a) A dress.
(b) A bag.
(c) A skirt.
(d) A shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie say to Sara after Wanda leaves?
2. Why does Sara not like Wanda talking about Charlie to strangers?
3. Why is Sara so upset with Willie's request of her after Wanda leaves?
4. What does Sara hope to see when she leaves the house after Wanda leaves on her date?
5. Why is Wanda going to be late coming home?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)