|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Sara to the lake to find Charlie?
2. What word does Sara use to describe her aunt?
3. Why is Wanda going to be late coming home?
(a) There is traffic.
(b) Their dinner reservation was delayed.
(c) She is going to see Frank's baby sister.
(d) She is going to a party.
4. What does Charlie run into after he starts running in the woods?
(a) Some old farm equipment.
(b) A wire fence.
(c) A wooden fence post.
(d) A tree stump.
5. How was Sara's written statement about beauty received?
(a) The principal told her it was not true.
(b) Adults kept hugging her.
(c) All of her friends got mad.
(d) She got a bad grade.
6. What does Charlie choose to not tell Sara about?
(a) The teasing he got at school.
(b) That she had a visitor.
(c) His broken sucker.
(d) What Aunt Willie said.
7. Where are Wanda and Aunt Willie arguing in Chapter 3?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) Wanda's room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) On the back porch.
8. Who forces Charlie to show what is making him anxious at the beginning of the book?
(a) Aunt Billy.
9. What is Sara's dog's name?
(b) St. Paul.
10. What was Charlie upset about when he got ready for bed?
(a) He had the wrong kind of toothpaste.
(b) The moon was too bright.
(c) There were no bubbles in his bath.
(d) His pajama top had a missing button.
11. Why does Wanda stop teasing Sara at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is too busy.
(b) Sara looks unhappy.
(c) She knows it is not refined.
(d) Sara cries.
12. What does Charlie think came to visit him?
(a) A swan.
(b) An owl.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A witch.
13. What does Wanda hope to see with her boyfriend?
(b) College boys.
(d) A racy movie.
14. What was used to make the place where Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed?
(a) A blanket.
(b) Purple ink.
(c) An old chair.
(d) A tarp.
15. Who turns Charlie around when he starts to walk away after getting upset on Mary's porch?
(a) Mrs. Johnson.
(b) Mary's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie say to Sara after Wanda leaves?
2. What is Charlie told to do after his sucker is fixed again?
3. What is Charlie's most prized possession?
4. Where does Charlie sit when he gets nervous?
5. When was the place Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed made?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)