|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charlie start walking when he gets upset while sitting on Mary's porch?
(a) The woods.
(c) The school.
(d) The lake.
2. What did Sara's dog not like when he was a puppy?
(a) Going for walks.
(b) Getting baths.
(c) Seeing people cry.
(d) Being dressed up.
3. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans?
(a) She is in awe.
(b) She is angry there are not more.
(c) She thinks they are loud.
(d) She thinks they are like ducks.
4. Who forces Charlie to show what is making him anxious at the beginning of the book?
(b) Aunt Billy.
5. Why does Sara get angry with Wanda after Wanda's fight with Aunt Willie?
(a) She is bragging about the fun she will have.
(b) She called Charlie retarded.
(c) She talked about Charlie with a stranger.
(d) She wants to send Charlie away.
6. Why do the swans come closer to Charlie?
(a) He has bread crumbs.
(b) Wanda's voice startles them.
(c) They see his watch.
(d) He is so quiet.
7. When was the place Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed made?
(a) The week before.
(b) When his father left.
(c) When his mother died.
(d) That morning.
8. What does Charlie get comfort from while he is in the woods?
(a) The dirt.
(b) The trees.
(c) The moonlight.
(d) The coolness.
9. What causes Charlie to feel shut off from the world around him?
(a) Being in a strange place.
(b) The absense of Sara.
(c) Seeing the sun set.
(d) Hearing a bird chirp.
10. What does Willie do after she takes Frank up on his offer?
(a) Lets Wanda go.
(c) Sends Sara to her room.
(d) Lets Charlie have a turn as well.
11. What was Charlie upset about when he got ready for bed?
(a) His pajama top had a missing button.
(b) There were no bubbles in his bath.
(c) The moon was too bright.
(d) He had the wrong kind of toothpaste.
12. Where does Charlie get cut when he runs into something in the woods?
(a) His leg.
(b) His chest.
(c) His head.
(d) His arm.
13. Who turns Charlie around when he starts to walk away after getting upset on Mary's porch?
(c) Mrs. Johnson.
(d) Mary's mother.
14. How many more minutes does Sara say Charlie can stay at the lake when she is ready to go home?
15. Where does Charlie go to feel safe after his sucker is fixed?
(a) His couch.
(b) His bed.
(c) His tent.
(d) His corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wanda hope to see with her boyfriend?
2. What does Wanda do after her date?
3. Why can't Sara's best friend go to the lake with her?
4. Why does Sara not like Wanda talking about Charlie to strangers?
5. Who helped Charlie make the place he goes when his sucker is fixed?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)