|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie do to comfort himself when he feels shut off from the world?
(a) Counts the birds.
(b) Listens to his watch.
(c) Taps his fingers.
(d) Shuffles his feet.
2. What is Charlie told to do after his sucker is fixed again?
(a) Be grateful.
(b) Be careful.
(c) Go away.
(d) Fix it himself next time.
3. Why does Willie say she understands Sara's feelings about Wanda?
(a) She sees the truth in Sara's eyes.
(b) She had a prettier sister once.
(c) All young girls feel that way.
(d) She felt the same way.
4. What does Sara hope to see when she leaves the house after Wanda leaves on her date?
(a) A good place to cry.
(b) Her pet squirrel.
(c) The swans.
(d) Her best friend.
5. What does Sara think Charlie has gone to see?
(a) The school.
(b) The swans.
(c) The tent.
(d) The trees.
6. Who does Sara complain to as she walks to the lake?
7. What does Wanda hope to see with her boyfriend?
(a) A racy movie.
(d) College boys.
8. What does Sara regret when she looks in the mirror in the morning?
(a) Her acne.
(b) Her skinny legs.
(c) Her faded clothes.
(d) Her short hair.
9. What is Mary's last name?
10. What upsets Charlie when he is sitting on Mary's porch steps?
(a) The sound of rocking chairs.
(b) The cawing of a crow.
(c) The chiming of a clock.
(d) The growing darkness.
11. What does Charlie run into after he starts running in the woods?
(a) A wooden fence post.
(b) A wire fence.
(c) Some old farm equipment.
(d) A tree stump.
12. Who is at the lake with Sara and Charlie after Wanda and Frank leave?
(a) An old couple.
(d) Sara's English teacher.
13. Why do the swans come closer to Charlie?
(a) He has bread crumbs.
(b) They see his watch.
(c) Wanda's voice startles them.
(d) He is so quiet.
14. Where does Charlie think his visitor went after coming to his window?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The lake.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The tent.
15. What is Sara's dog's name?
(d) St. Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Aunt Willie want to call when Charlie is missing?
2. What is the name of Wanda's boyfriend?
3. What does Charlie choose to not tell Sara about?
4. What does Charlie know?
5. What causes Charlie to feel shut off from the world around him?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)