|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie do when he knows his extended time is almost over?
(a) Goes limp.
(b) Hits Sara.
(c) Shakes his head.
2. What does Charlie know?
(a) The Pledge of Allegiance.
(b) His full name.
(c) His numbers and letters.
(d) The anatomy of birds.
3. What is Charlie told to do after his sucker is fixed again?
(a) Go away.
(b) Fix it himself next time.
(c) Be grateful.
(d) Be careful.
4. What was used to make the place where Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed?
(a) Purple ink.
(b) A blanket.
(c) An old chair.
(d) A tarp.
5. What is Charlie's most prized possession?
(a) His ring.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His watch.
(d) His shoes.
6. What did Sara ask Aunt Willie to buy her from downtown?
(a) A dress.
(b) A bag.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A skirt.
7. What is Mary's last name?
8. Who is the only person who hears Charlie struggling at night?
(c) Aunt Willie.
9. What does Charlie do when he gets nervous?
(a) Pulls at his hair.
(b) Shuffles his feet.
(d) Bites his lip.
10. What kind of beauty does Sara think is most important?
(a) Spiritual beauty.
(b) Inner beauty.
(c) Outer beauty.
(d) Mental beauty.
11. What does Sara dislike most about her body?
(a) Her stringy hair.
(b) Her skinny legs.
(c) Her fat arms.
(d) Her large feet.
12. What is Sara doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Tying a scarf on her dog.
(b) Taking her dog for a walk.
(c) Giving her dog a bath.
(d) Teaching her dog a new trick.
13. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake?
(a) Wanda's beauty.
(b) Her large feet.
(c) Aunt Willie's comments.
(d) The fact that she has to take Charlie.
14. Who turns Charlie around when he starts to walk away after getting upset on Mary's porch?
(b) Mrs. Johnson.
(d) Mary's mother.
15. How was Sara's written statement about beauty received?
(a) All of her friends got mad.
(b) Adults kept hugging her.
(c) She got a bad grade.
(d) The principal told her it was not true.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlie think his visitor went after coming to his window?
2. What does Sara chide Charlie for after they leave Mary's house?
3. Who does Aunt Willie want to call when Charlie is missing?
4. What color are Sara's shoes?
5. When was the place Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed made?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)