|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie yell at the girls for after Wanda's date?
(a) Being to noisy.
(b) Keeping the window open.
(c) Coming home late.
(d) Eating in their room.
2. What scares Charlie into running when he is in the woods?
(a) Barking dogs.
(b) A gun shot.
(c) A spider web in the moonlight.
(d) The hoot of an owl.
3. What does Charlie choose to not tell Sara about?
(a) His broken sucker.
(b) That she had a visitor.
(c) What Aunt Willie said.
(d) The teasing he got at school.
4. Who asks Wanda many questions about her date?
5. Where does Charlie think his visitor went after coming to his window?
(a) The lake.
(b) The tent.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The hospital.
6. Who does Sara not like to be compared to?
(a) Other girls.
(b) Aunt Willie.
(d) Her mother.
7. What does Charlie do to comfort himself when he feels shut off from the world?
(a) Shuffles his feet.
(b) Listens to his watch.
(c) Taps his fingers.
(d) Counts the birds.
8. What does Wanda hope to see with her boyfriend?
(c) College boys.
(d) A racy movie.
9. What does Charlie get comfort from while he is in the woods?
(a) The moonlight.
(b) The trees.
(c) The coolness.
(d) The dirt.
10. How does Sara say her summer has been so far at the beginning of the book?
11. How does Sara feel when she sees the swans?
(a) She thinks they are like ducks.
(b) She is angry there are not more.
(c) She is in awe.
(d) She thinks they are loud.
12. What causes Charlie to feel shut off from the world around him?
(a) Seeing the sun set.
(b) Hearing a bird chirp.
(c) Being in a strange place.
(d) The absense of Sara.
13. What does Willie say to Sara after Wanda leaves?
(a) Sara is growing up.
(b) Wanda is not careful enough.
(c) Wanda is acting to grown up.
(d) Sara will be dating soon.
14. What does Willie say matters more than outer beauty?
(a) Inner beauty.
(b) Good goals for the future.
(d) A kind heart.
15. Where does Sara decide to go after Wanda leaves?
(a) Mary's house.
(b) The vacant lot.
(c) The woods.
(d) The lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlie start walking when he gets upset while sitting on Mary's porch?
2. What was used to make the place where Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed?
3. What does Charlie run into after he starts running in the woods?
4. What is Sara's best friend's name?
5. What does Sara check on before she goes looking for Charlie?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)