|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charlie sitting at the beginning of the book?
(a) On the couch.
(b) On the porch steps.
(c) At the kitchen table.
(d) On Sara's bed.
2. What is Charlie told to do after his sucker is fixed again?
(a) Be careful.
(b) Fix it himself next time.
(c) Go away.
(d) Be grateful.
3. What did Sara's dog not like when he was a puppy?
(a) Being dressed up.
(b) Going for walks.
(c) Seeing people cry.
(d) Getting baths.
4. Where does Charlie go to feel safe after his sucker is fixed?
(a) His tent.
(b) His bed.
(c) His corner.
(d) His couch.
5. What does Sara want to do with her shoes?
(a) Hide them.
(b) Dye them.
(c) Paint them.
(d) Cut them.
6. Why does Sara go through an empty field after leaving Mary's house?
(a) She doesn't want people to see her.
(b) It is a shortcut.
(c) It is calming to Charlie.
(d) She wants to be alone.
7. Who forces Charlie to show what is making him anxious at the beginning of the book?
(b) Aunt Billy.
8. What is Mary's last name?
9. What do Wanda and Sara agree on?
(a) Aunt Willie is too controlling.
(b) Charlie needs some help.
(c) Their town is very boring.
(d) Their father should not have left.
10. What does Sara check on before she goes looking for Charlie?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her lipstick.
(d) Her shoes.
11. What does Charlie decide to do when he thinks something came to visit him?
(a) Get help from Sara.
(b) Find it in the yard.
(c) Go to it.
(d) Hide under his covers.
12. What does Sara complain about as she walks to the lake?
(a) Aunt Willie's comments.
(b) Her large feet.
(c) Wanda's beauty.
(d) The fact that she has to take Charlie.
13. What is the name of Wanda's boyfriend?
14. Why can't Sara's best friend go to the lake with her?
(a) She is getting her hair cut.
(b) She is not feeling well.
(c) She is going shopping.
(d) She is grounded.
15. Why does Sara not like Wanda talking about Charlie to strangers?
(a) She is proud of him.
(b) She worries he will be mocked.
(c) She doesn't want him sent away.
(d) She is ashamed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willie unwilling to let Wanda do?
2. What does Charlie do when he knows his extended time is almost over?
3. What is Wanda getting ready for at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Charlie do when people ask him the time?
5. What does Sara regret when she looks in the mirror in the morning?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)