|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara hope to see when she leaves the house after Wanda leaves on her date?
(a) Her pet squirrel.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) A good place to cry.
(d) The swans.
2. What do Wanda and Sara agree on?
(a) Charlie needs some help.
(b) Their father should not have left.
(c) Their town is very boring.
(d) Aunt Willie is too controlling.
3. Who does Wanda compare Sara to?
(a) Jackie O.
(b) Maralyn Monroe.
(d) Lady Bird.
4. What are Wanda and Aunt Willie fighting about?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) Wanda's dress.
(c) Wanda's curfew.
5. Where is Charlie sitting at the beginning of the book?
(a) On the porch steps.
(b) On Sara's bed.
(c) On the couch.
(d) At the kitchen table.
6. What is Mary worried about when she sees Sara running by her house in the morning?
(a) Sara's wet shoes.
(b) Charlie's safety.
(c) The curlers in Sara's hair.
(d) Her pajama shirt.
7. Where does Charlie get cut when he runs into something in the woods?
(a) His arm.
(b) His chest.
(c) His head.
(d) His leg.
8. Who helped Charlie make the place he goes when his sucker is fixed?
(c) Aunt Willie.
9. Where are Wanda and Aunt Willie arguing in Chapter 3?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) On the back porch.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Wanda's room.
10. What class did Wanda talk about Charlie in?
(a) Child Development.
11. What does Charlie get comfort from while he is in the woods?
(a) The coolness.
(b) The dirt.
(c) The moonlight.
(d) The trees.
12. What kind of beauty does Sara think is most important?
(a) Spiritual beauty.
(b) Mental beauty.
(c) Outer beauty.
(d) Inner beauty.
13. Who goes with Sara to the lake to find Charlie?
14. Where does Sara decide to go after Wanda leaves?
(a) Mary's house.
(b) The woods.
(c) The vacant lot.
(d) The lake.
15. Who gave Charlie his watch?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sara get angry with Wanda after Wanda's fight with Aunt Willie?
2. Why does Sara go through an empty field after leaving Mary's house?
3. Why does Wanda stop teasing Sara at the beginning of the book?
4. Where does Charlie sit when he gets nervous?
5. What does Charlie do when he knows his extended time is almost over?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)