|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wanda getting ready for at the beginning of the book?
(c) A party.
(d) A date.
2. Why will the swans not eat the pieces Charlie throws?
(a) They are thrown too far.
(b) Charlie will not throw them.
(c) They are not the right size.
(d) They get too soggy.
3. What does Charlie lose while he is in the woods?
(a) His flashlight.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His watch.
(d) A shoe.
4. What did Sara ask Aunt Willie to buy her from downtown?
(a) A dress.
(b) A bag.
(c) A skirt.
(d) A shirt.
5. What does Charlie do when he gets nervous?
(a) Shuffles his feet.
(c) Bites his lip.
(d) Pulls at his hair.
6. What does Wanda do after her date?
(a) Checks in with her aunt.
(b) Gets some dinner in the kitchen.
(c) Sneaks into the room.
(d) Hugs Charlie.
7. What does Sara think Charlie has gone to see?
(a) The school.
(b) The trees.
(c) The swans.
(d) The tent.
8. What is Sara's best friend's name?
9. How was Sara's written statement about beauty received?
(a) All of her friends got mad.
(b) She got a bad grade.
(c) Adults kept hugging her.
(d) The principal told her it was not true.
10. What kind of car does Wanda's boyfriend drive?
(a) A scooter.
(b) A cadillac.
(c) A pick-up truck.
(d) A VW bug.
11. What does Charlie get comfort from while he is in the woods?
(a) The moonlight.
(b) The coolness.
(c) The dirt.
(d) The trees.
12. Why does Sara get angry with Wanda after Wanda's fight with Aunt Willie?
(a) She wants to send Charlie away.
(b) She called Charlie retarded.
(c) She is bragging about the fun she will have.
(d) She talked about Charlie with a stranger.
13. Where does Wanda want Charlie to go the next summer?
(a) To live with their dad.
(b) A special school.
(c) A special camp.
(d) To a hospital.
14. What does Sara dislike most about her body?
(a) Her large feet.
(b) Her stringy hair.
(c) Her skinny legs.
(d) Her fat arms.
15. Who does Aunt Willie want to call when Charlie is missing?
(a) The police.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) The sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forces Charlie to show what is making him anxious at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Charlie realize something is wrong when he is in the woods?
3. Who turns Charlie around when he starts to walk away after getting upset on Mary's porch?
4. What is Charlie told to do after his sucker is fixed again?
5. What does Sara check on before she goes looking for Charlie?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)