|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wanda do after her date?
(a) Hugs Charlie.
(b) Checks in with her aunt.
(c) Gets some dinner in the kitchen.
(d) Sneaks into the room.
2. What does Willie say to Sara after Wanda leaves?
(a) Sara is growing up.
(b) Sara will be dating soon.
(c) Wanda is acting to grown up.
(d) Wanda is not careful enough.
3. Where does Sara decide to go after Wanda leaves?
(a) The vacant lot.
(b) The woods.
(c) Mary's house.
(d) The lake.
4. Who does Sara complain to as she walks to the lake?
5. Who gave Charlie his watch?
6. What does Charlie lose while he is in the woods?
(a) His flashlight.
(b) A shoe.
(c) His watch.
(d) His shirt.
7. What does Willie do after she takes Frank up on his offer?
(a) Lets Charlie have a turn as well.
(b) Lets Wanda go.
(c) Sends Sara to her room.
8. What did Sara ask Aunt Willie to buy her from downtown?
(a) A skirt.
(b) A dress.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A bag.
9. What color was Sara trying to dye her shoes?
10. When was the place Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed made?
(a) When his father left.
(b) When his mother died.
(c) The week before.
(d) That morning.
11. Where are Wanda and Aunt Willie arguing in Chapter 3?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Wanda's room.
(d) On the back porch.
12. What is Charlie afraid Sara will do at the beginning of the book?
(a) Intrude on his privacy.
(b) Tell his aunt on him.
(c) Get mad at him.
(d) Throw his sucker away.
13. What does Charlie do when he gets nervous?
(a) Shuffles his feet.
(b) Bites his lip.
(d) Pulls at his hair.
14. What causes Charlie to feel shut off from the world around him?
(a) Seeing the sun set.
(b) The absense of Sara.
(c) Being in a strange place.
(d) Hearing a bird chirp.
15. Who goes with Sara to the lake to find Charlie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wanda listen to on the radio after her date?
2. What was used to make the place where Charlie goes after his sucker is fixed?
3. Why will the swans not eat the pieces Charlie throws?
4. How many more minutes does Sara say Charlie can stay at the lake when she is ready to go home?
5. What is Willie unwilling to let Wanda do?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)