|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Charlie when he is sitting on Mary's porch steps?
(a) The chiming of a clock.
(b) The cawing of a crow.
(c) The sound of rocking chairs.
(d) The growing darkness.
2. What does Charlie do when people ask him the time?
(a) Shows them his watch.
(c) Writes down the time on his watch.
(d) Yells out, "Noon."
3. Where are Wanda and Aunt Willie arguing in Chapter 3?
(a) Wanda's room.
(b) On the front porch.
(c) On the back porch.
(d) The kitchen.
4. What does Wanda hope to see with her boyfriend?
(a) College boys.
(b) A racy movie.
5. What does Sara check on before she goes looking for Charlie?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her dog.
(c) Her lipstick.
(d) Her shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Sara to the lake to find Charlie?
2. What word does Sara use to describe her aunt?
3. Who is the only person who hears Charlie struggling at night?
4. What does Charlie do to comfort himself when he feels shut off from the world?
5. What does Willie yell at the girls for after Wanda's date?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)