|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlie's most prized possession?
(a) His watch.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His ring.
(d) His glasses.
2. Why does Willie blame herself for Charlie's disappearance?
(a) She was mean to Charlie the night before.
(b) She didn't fix the button.
(c) She did not check on Charlie during the night.
(d) She did not lock the door.
3. Who is Willie talking to when Sara comes back from the lake?
(a) Sara's mother.
(b) A friend.
(d) The police.
4. What is Mary's last name?
5. What upsets Charlie when he is sitting on Mary's porch steps?
(a) The chiming of a clock.
(b) The growing darkness.
(c) The cawing of a crow.
(d) The sound of rocking chairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe want to climb a big strip mining hill?
2. What causes Charlie to feel shut off from the world around him?
3. What does Sara know Charlie would be doing if he wasn't lost when Joe suggests a break?
4. Who turns Charlie around when he starts to walk away after getting upset on Mary's porch?
5. What does Sara chide Charlie for after they leave Mary's house?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)