|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sara think stole Charlie's watch?
2. Why does Joe want to climb a big strip mining hill?
(a) He thinks Charlie may be there.
(b) So they can see down the valley.
(c) He wants to be alone with Sara.
(d) There are footprints at the base of the hill.
3. How does Sara reply to the suggestion that they take a break?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She refuses to.
(c) She gladly accepts.
(d) She is relieved.
4. Why does Sara go through an empty field after leaving Mary's house?
(a) It is calming to Charlie.
(b) She wants to be alone.
(c) It is a shortcut.
(d) She doesn't want people to see her.
5. What does Sara think looks more like Charlie than a picture?
(a) The foot imprint on the steps.
(b) His self portrait.
(c) His baby pictures.
(d) The face of his watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe do to encourage Sara to the top of the hill?
2. What does Charlie do to comfort himself when he feels shut off from the world?
3. What did the sign that Sara put on boy's back say?
4. How long do Joe and Sara walk together until Joe suggests they take a break?
5. What upsets Charlie when he is sitting on Mary's porch steps?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)