|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie do when people ask him the time?
(a) Shows them his watch.
(c) Yells out, "Noon."
(d) Writes down the time on his watch.
2. What does Sara compare Joe to when she is climbing the dirt hill?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) The dentist.
(d) The Sheriff.
3. Who turns Charlie around when he starts to walk away after getting upset on Mary's porch?
(a) Mary's mother.
(b) Mrs. Johnson.
4. What does Charlie do to comfort himself when he feels shut off from the world?
(a) Shuffles his feet.
(b) Listens to his watch.
(c) Taps his fingers.
(d) Counts the birds.
5. Why does Sara go through an empty field after leaving Mary's house?
(a) It is calming to Charlie.
(b) She wants to be alone.
(c) She doesn't want people to see her.
(d) It is a shortcut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary's last name?
2. What causes Charlie to feel shut off from the world around him?
3. What is Charlie's most prized possession?
4. How long do Joe and Sara walk together until Joe suggests they take a break?
5. What does Willie do after calling the police?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)