|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jay Berry's family's land is located near modern day Tahlequah, ______________ County, Oklahoma.
2. Jay Berry likes to explore the area around the _______________________.
3. What advice does Grandpa give Jay Berry about being friendly with the chimpanzee?
4. What did Jay Berry's parents do before moving to Oklahoma?
5. What escaped during the train wreck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jay Berry end up doing when he goes after the family milk cow which has escaped one day?
2. Explain how the big monkey outwits Jay Berry and his traps.
3. Why does Daisy warn Jay Berry about not hurting the monkeys?
4. Describe Jay Berry's parents.
5. How much reward money could Jay Berry potentially get if he were to capture the monkeys?
6. How many monkeys were not recaptured after the train crash?
7. What things make Jay Berry content in his life?
8. How long does it take Jay Berry to recover from his encounter with the monkeys?
9. What prevents Jay Berry from leaving with the two little monkeys in the net?
10. Describe the area where Jay Berry lives and explores.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two instances about love in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Grandpa. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 3
What is the greatest lesson Jay Berry learns from his grandfather? Is it true that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Jay Berry always recall about his grandfather from their experiences during the summer of the monkeys?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)