|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a fairy ring?
(a) A lavendar cloud.
(b) A circle of mushrooms.
(c) A circle of pink flowers.
(d) A circular rainbow.
2. What kind of weather occurs at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(b) Ice Storm.
(d) Snow Storm.
3. What makes Rowdy go nuts the next morning during breakfast?
(a) The monkeys are out again.
(b) A truck drives up the lane.
(c) He wants to go hunting with Jay Berry.
(d) Some rabbits try to hop under the shed.
4. The book the librarian told Grandpa and Jay Berry about suggested using _______________ for bait.
5. How long will it take the paint mare's leg to heal?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 4-5 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Daisy claims that the character she sees outside the window is sending them ____________________.
2. What does Jay Berry realize when he wakes in the bottoms?
3. Where does Jay Berry find the monkeys hiding when he returns to the bottoms after the big storm?
4. What does Jimbo give to Rowdy?
5. Why do Papa and Jay Berry agree to tend Grandpa's store for a day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the family members wish for at the fairy ring and what does Jay Berry's wish say about him?
2. What do the monkeys do that makes Grandpa so mad as they return home from their trip to the library?
3. How does Jay Berry get word to the circus people that he has caught the monkeys?
4. What is the fairy ring that Daisy discovers at her dollhouse?
5. What is Grandpa's idea for getting more information about catching the monkeys?
6. What are all the sources of money that combine for Daisy's leg operation?
7. Who does Daisy tell Jay Berry about when she takes refuge in his room during a thunderstorm?
8. How does Jay Berry recover from his hangover and what does he determine to never do again?
9. Describe Grandpa and Jay Berry's trip to the library.
10. Who is the Old Man of the Mountains and why does Daisy believe he has come to their house?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)