|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandma give to Jay Berry to take home to his family?
(a) Freshly baked bread.
(b) A bag of money.
(c) A new Bible.
(d) Two apple pies.
2. Which pony does Jay Berry want?
(a) A black paint mare.
(b) A chestnut roan.
(c) A black and white paint mare.
(d) A white roan.
3. Where do Grandpa and Jay Berry stay in the town?
(a) Eubanks Hotel and Wagon Yard.
(b) The Roosevelt Hotel.
(c) The Oklahoman Hotel.
(d) The Ozarks Inn.
4. What is a fairy ring?
(a) A circular rainbow.
(b) A circle of pink flowers.
(c) A circle of mushrooms.
(d) A lavendar cloud.
5. In what city is the circus performing at the time that Jay Berry catches the monkeys?
(d) Kansas City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Jay Berry realize that he can't keep the painter mare pony?
2. What does Mama call Jimbo?
3. What does Daisy do during the bad weather?
4. What does Tom Johnson give to Papa before he leaves?
5. What does Jay Berry realize when he wakes in the bottoms?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which pony does Jay Berry select and what is the problem with her?
2. What is the fairy ring that Daisy discovers at her dollhouse?
3. What vehicle pulls into the Lee family's lane and why is it especially unusual?
4. What is Grandpa's idea for getting more information about catching the monkeys?
5. Who is the Old Man of the Mountains and why does Daisy believe he has come to their house?
6. What does Jay Berry realize has happened after he and Rowdy drink so much of the sour mash?
7. What events occur in the story to foreshadow Jay Berry's success with catching the monkeys?
8. How are the monkeys drinking the sour mash and how does Jay Berry get his first sip of it?
9. When does Jay Berry realize what Grandpa was trying to tell him by showing him the crippled pony?
10. Who is Indian Tom and why does Grandpa go to visit him?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)