|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jay Berry feel when the circus truck pulls away?
2. Why is Daisy mad at Jay Berry at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) He has taken too many apples for the monkeys.
(b) He has ruined her school book.
(c) He nailed a board over the door to her treehouse.
(d) He has hidden her new hat somewhere.
3. Whom is Grandpa going to visit to see about a pony for Jay Berry?
(a) Indian Tom.
(b) Trader Sam.
(d) Butcher McGee.
4. The library that Grandpa and Jay Berry visit is a _______________ library.
5. What happens to the items that Grandpa and Jay Berry have in the wagon when they stop at the springs for a drink?
(a) It rains on them.
(b) The monkeys take them.
(c) The wind blows them away.
(d) They have spilled during the trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Rowdy go nuts the next morning during breakfast?
2. Why does Grandpa say that he chose the crippled pony for Jay Berry to see?
3. Who is the woman who serves breakfast to Jay Berry at the hotel?
4. Which of the following is NOT something the Lee family gives to the monkeys in the corn crib?
5. What happens Luann's boyfriend before they married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which pony does Jay Berry select and what is the problem with her?
2. How does Jay Berry recover from his hangover and what does he determine to never do again?
3. How does Jay Berry save the monkeys and where does he take them to recover?
4. What is the fairy ring that Daisy discovers at her dollhouse?
5. What do the monkeys do that makes Grandpa so mad as they return home from their trip to the library?
6. What is Jay Berry's response when Grandpa asks about his wish in the fairy ring?
7. Who does Daisy tell Jay Berry about when she takes refuge in his room during a thunderstorm?
8. Where does Jay Berry find the monkeys on the morning after the big storm?
9. How are the monkeys drinking the sour mash and how does Jay Berry get his first sip of it?
10. What does Jay Berry realize has happened after he and Rowdy drink so much of the sour mash?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)