|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Gravely brothers notorious for?
(a) They are always taking things apart.
(b) They grow the biggest pumpkins each year.
(c) They are whiskey bootleggers.
(d) They breed hunting dogs.
2. What new article of clothing does Mama make for Jay Berry?
3. What do the monkeys do when Jay Berry starts to sing?
(a) Put their paws over their ears.
(b) Run down to the spring.
(c) Bite Jay Berry.
(d) Crawl all over him.
4. What does Jimbo do when he sees Ben Johnson?
(a) He screeches at the top of his lungs.
(b) He jumps into his arms.
(c) He turns around and won't look at him.
(d) He runs out of the corn crib.
5. Why do Papa and Jay Berry agree to tend Grandpa's store for a day?
(a) So Grandpa can have surgery.
(b) So Grandpa can take Grandma to a wedding.
(c) So Grandpa, Grandma, Mama and Daisy can go to town.
(d) So Grandpa and Grandma can go on a little trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jay Berry realize when he wakes in the bottoms?
2. In the story that Mama tells, to whom is Luann engaged?
3. Ben Johnson says that a circus just isn't a circus without __________________.
4. What does Daisy realize about Jay Berry when he returns home?
5. What does Jimbo give to Rowdy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Daisy tell Jay Berry about when she takes refuge in his room during a thunderstorm?
2. What is Jay Berry's response when Grandpa asks about his wish in the fairy ring?
3. Who is Indian Tom and why does Grandpa go to visit him?
4. When does Jay Berry realize what Grandpa was trying to tell him by showing him the crippled pony?
5. What is the source of the fermenting fruit smell that Jay Berry sniffs out in the bottoms?
6. How does Jay Berry recover from his hangover and what does he determine to never do again?
7. How does Jay Berry get word to the circus people that he has caught the monkeys?
8. Which pony does Jay Berry select and what is the problem with her?
9. What vehicle pulls into the Lee family's lane and why is it especially unusual?
10. How does Jay Berry save the monkeys and where does he take them to recover?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)