|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Jay Berry dig a big hole at the bottoms one night?
2. The river that Jay Berry likes to explore is a tributary of which river?
(a) The Colorado River.
(b) The Arkansas River.
(c) The Monongahela River.
(d) The Mississippi River.
3. What does Grandpa give to Jay Berry to continue his monkey catching?
(a) A tarp.
(b) A big net.
(c) A washtub.
(d) A BB gun.
4. Who does Jay Berry take to the bottoms to see the monkeys?
5. What does the chimpanzee do while Jay Berry is drinking water from a spring?
(a) Hits Jay Berry with a stick.
(b) Leads the little monkeys to the stream.
(c) Throws apples at Rowdy.
(d) Takes Jay Berry's lunch, apples and traps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jay Berry's last name?
2. What does Grandfather say that Grandpas are for?
3. What does Daisy use to help her move around?
4. What does Grandfather suggest that Jay Berry use as bait to catch the monkeys?
5. What is the name of the family's milk cow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grandfather prepare for Jay Berry to help him trap the monkeys?
2. Who are Jay Berry Lee and Daisy Lee?
3. What is notable about Daisy's health and how can her childhood be described?
4. Describe how the big monkey outwits Jay Berry's traps for a second time.
5. What things make Jay Berry content in his life?
6. What does Jay Berry's Grandpa tell him about the monkeys?
7. Why does Daisy warn Jay Berry about not hurting the monkeys?
8. What news does Grandpa have about the monkeys when Jay Berry visits and tells about his last encounter with them?
9. Describe the area where Jay Berry lives and explores.
10. Why is Jay Berry humiliated when he reaches home after his first day of trying to trap the monkeys?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)