|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem with Daisy's right leg?
(a) It is arthritic.
(b) It is shorter than the left leg.
(c) It has much scarred tissue.
(d) It is deformed.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Jay Berry enjoys having?
(c) Pocket knife.
(d) Wild areas near the river.
3. What happens to Jay Berry as he runs home, away from the monkeys?
(a) His clothes get torn.
(b) He falls in a hole.
(c) He trips over a log and hits his head.
(d) He runs into the Old Man in the Mountain.
4. What advice does Grandpa give Jay Berry about being friendly with the chimpanzee?
(a) Offer him an apple and call him by name.
(b) Set down a pile of apples and bananas in the bottoms.
(c) Offer him an apple and play the harmonica.
(d) Bring some carrots and apples for him.
5. How many monkeys does Jay Berry catch in his net?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jay Berry's parents do before moving to Oklahoma?
2. What does Daisy use to help her move around?
3. What does Jay Berry's mother think after Jay's dog has treed the animal?
4. In what kind of tree are the monkeys hiding?
5. What does Jay Berry use to shoot at the chimpanzee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jay Berry's parents think when he tells them about the monkeys?
2. How does Grandpa tell Jay Berry to try to trap the monkey with the net?
3. Where had Jay Berry's family come from and how long does it take them to get well established in Oklahoma?
4. What is the name of the big monkey and what is Grandpa's suggestion for catching him?
5. What does Rowdy tree when he and Jay Berry are exploring the bottoms
6. What does Jay Berry's Grandpa tell him about the monkeys?
7. How much reward money could Jay Berry potentially get if he were to capture the monkeys?
8. Why is Jay Berry humiliated when he reaches home after his first day of trying to trap the monkeys?
9. What does Jay Berry do after he and Papa return to the bottoms but can't find the monkeys?
10. What do the monkeys do while Jay Berry is drinking some water from a creek and what does Jay Berry do in return?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)