|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jay Berry and Daisy can be said to be generally ________________ children.
2. Why has Daisy not had surgery on her bad leg yet?
(a) She is too scared to go through with it.
(b) She has to wait until she is a little older.
(c) The family doesn't have the money.
(d) There isn't a doctor in the area who can do it.
3. How much could Jay Berry potentially earn by capturing the escaped monkeys?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Jay Berry enjoys having?
(b) Wild areas near the river.
(d) Pocket knife.
5. Jay Berry's maternal grandfather lives near which river?
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) The Illinois River.
(c) The Colorado River.
(d) The Ohio River.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the chimpanzee get the apple pieces from the traps?
2. The river that Jay Berry likes to explore is a tributary of which river?
3. What does Grandfather suggest that Jay Berry use as bait to catch the monkeys?
4. What escaped during the train wreck?
5. What is notable about Jay Berry's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long does it take Jay Berry to recover from his encounter with the monkeys?
2. What do Jay Berry's parents think when he tells them about the monkeys?
3. Describe Jay Berry's parents.
4. Where does Jay Berry's family live and how did they get their land?
5. What prevents Jay Berry from leaving with the two little monkeys in the net?
6. Explain how the big monkey outwits Jay Berry and his traps.
7. What things make Jay Berry content in his life?
8. Who are Jay Berry Lee and Daisy Lee?
9. Describe the area where Jay Berry lives and explores.
10. Why does Daisy warn Jay Berry about not hurting the monkeys?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)