|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will it take the paint mare's leg to heal?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 4-5 weeks.
2. What is Papa holding and then drops when he sees Jay Berry with all the monkeys?
3. The library that Grandpa and Jay Berry visit is a _______________ library.
4. Where does Daisy find a fairy ring?
(a) At her dollhouse.
(b) In the meadow.
(c) Outside her bedroom window.
(d) At the bottoms.
5. In the story that Mama tells, to whom is Luann engaged?
(a) Charlie Jay.
(b) Johnnie George.
(c) Buck Patrick.
(d) Jay Wilson.
6. What does Mama call Jimbo?
(a) A freak.
(b) An orangutan.
(c) A gorilla.
(d) A monster.
7. Ben Johnson says that a circus just isn't a circus without __________________.
(c) Trapeze acts.
8. Daisy claims that the character she sees outside the window is sending them ____________________.
(a) Good luck.
(b) Bad luck.
(c) The bad weather.
9. What does Jimbo give to Rowdy?
(a) A nut.
(b) An apple.
(c) A can of sour mash.
(d) A stick.
10. What is the name of the book the librarian suggests to Grandpa and Jay Berry?
(a) Trapping Monkeys in the Jungles of Borneo.
(b) Monkey See, Monkey Do.
(c) Primates of Africa.
(d) A Barrel of Monkeys.
11. What do Grandpa and Jay Berry buy at the big store on their way home?
12. How much money does Jay Berry give to Daisy for feeding the monkeys?
13. What happens Luann's boyfriend before they married?
(a) He left town and married someone else.
(b) He drowned in the river.
(c) He got his leg caught in a bear trap.
(d) He went to war and was listed as missing in action.
14. What new article of clothing does Mama make for Jay Berry?
15. In what city is the circus performing at the time that Jay Berry catches the monkeys?
(d) Kansas City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work is Jay Berry helping his father with in Chapter 14?
2. What does Jay Berry dream of on the night after he caught the monkeys?
3. What happens to the items that Grandpa and Jay Berry have in the wagon when they stop at the springs for a drink?
4. What is the amount of the reward that Jay Berry receives for catching the monkeys?
5. Why does Grandpa say that he chose the crippled pony for Jay Berry to see?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)