|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Grandpa and Jay Berry stay in the town?
(a) The Roosevelt Hotel.
(b) The Oklahoman Hotel.
(c) The Ozarks Inn.
(d) Eubanks Hotel and Wagon Yard.
2. What is Mama holding when Jay Berry brings all the monkeys home?
3. What did Luann use to make a wish?
(a) A fairy ring.
(b) A four leaf clover.
(c) A rabbit's foot.
(d) A wishbone.
4. Why do Papa and Jay Berry agree to tend Grandpa's store for a day?
(a) So Grandpa can take Grandma to a wedding.
(b) So Grandpa can have surgery.
(c) So Grandpa, Grandma, Mama and Daisy can go to town.
(d) So Grandpa and Grandma can go on a little trip.
5. Which of the following is NOT something the Lee family gives to the monkeys in the corn crib?
6. How many ponies does Grandpa have for Jay Berry to look at?
7. What does Mama call Jimbo?
(a) A gorilla.
(b) A monster.
(c) A freak.
(d) An orangutan.
8. How long will it take the paint mare's leg to heal?
(a) 4-5 weeks.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 year.
9. Whom is Grandpa going to visit to see about a pony for Jay Berry?
(b) Indian Tom.
(c) Butcher McGee.
(d) Trader Sam.
10. What does Jay Berry dream of on the night after he caught the monkeys?
(a) Riding a pony.
(b) Playing in the ocean.
(c) Taking a train ride.
(d) Joining the circus.
11. What does Daisy realize about Jay Berry when he returns home?
(a) He is scared.
(b) He is wounded.
(c) He is feverish.
(d) He is drunk.
12. Daisy claims that the character she sees outside the window is sending them ____________________.
(b) Good luck.
(c) Bad luck.
(d) The bad weather.
13. What upsets Jay Berry about the painter mare he really likes?
(a) She has an arthritic leg.
(b) She has a wound on her leg.
(c) She has a dull, sparse coat.
(d) She is blind in one eye.
14. What does Jimbo give to Rowdy?
(a) A stick.
(b) A can of sour mash.
(c) An apple.
(d) A nut.
15. What does Jay Berry realize when he wakes in the bottoms?
(a) His pants are missing.
(b) It is close to midnight.
(c) The monkeys are watching him from the trees.
(d) It has snowed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jay Berry take the monkeys for food and shelter?
2. In the story that Mama tells, to whom is Luann engaged?
3. What is the name of the book the librarian suggests to Grandpa and Jay Berry?
4. What is Jimbo using to dip fermented mash from the barrel?
5. What does Jay Berry have to do in order to convince Rowdy to go back to the bottoms with him?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)