|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jay Berry try to convince his father of regarding the monkeys?
(a) They are smart.
(b) They can shoot a gun.
(c) They can do handstands.
(d) They can talk.
2. In what kind of tree are the monkeys hiding?
3. Jay Berry's family lives near which mountain range?
(a) The Ozarks.
(b) The Appalachians.
(c) The Rockies.
(d) The Berkshires.
4. Who does Jay Berry take to the bottoms to see the monkeys?
5. Which of the following is NOT advice Grandpa gives Jay Berry about catching the monkeys with the net?
(a) Hide in the hole.
(b) Uses bananas for bait.
(c) Dig a hole at night.
(d) Bait the net with apples.
6. Jay Berry's mother weighs about ______________ pounds.
7. What does Jay Berry dream about in Chapter 4?
8. How old is Jay Berry?
9. What does Grandfather wrap some small animal traps with so they won't hurt the monkeys?
(a) Calico dress material.
(b) Wool scarves.
(c) Old feed sacks.
(d) Muslin undergarments.
10. Grandfather tells Jay Berry that one special monkey is worth ______________ in reward money.
11. How many acres of farmland did Jay Berry's parents inherit when he was a baby?
12. What does Jay Berry tell Papa about the monkeys?
(a) They never showed up.
(b) They made a fool out of him.
(c) They smelled really bad.
(d) They were very hungry.
13. Grandpa learns that the $100 monkey's name is _______________.
14. What happens to Jay Berry as he runs home, away from the monkeys?
(a) He falls in a hole.
(b) His clothes get torn.
(c) He trips over a log and hits his head.
(d) He runs into the Old Man in the Mountain.
15. What do the monkeys do after Jay Berry shoots the chimpanzee?
(a) Swing from tree-to-tree.
(b) Run toward the stream.
(c) Run after Jay Berry and Rowdy.
(d) Throw walnuts at Jay Berry and Rowdy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Grandpa's advice about animals?
2. Jay Berry and Daisy can be said to be generally ________________ children.
3. What is Jay Berry's maternal grandfather's profession?
4. Where does Jay Berry set the monkey traps?
5. What does Papa have trouble believing about the monkeys?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)