|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jay Berry want to buy if he gets the monkey reward money?
(a) A horse and a gun.
(b) A horse and boots.
(c) A hat and a horse.
(d) A gun and bullets.
2. How many monkeys were not able to be recaptured?
3. Grandpa shows Jay Berry a letter he received from whom?
(a) A minister.
(b) The school principal.
(c) An animal trainer.
(d) The sheriff.
4. What is the problem with Daisy's right leg?
(a) It is shorter than the left leg.
(b) It has much scarred tissue.
(c) It is arthritic.
(d) It is deformed.
5. What animal does Jay Berry's dog chase up into a tree?
6. Which of the following is NOT something Jay Berry enjoys having?
(a) Wild areas near the river.
(c) Pocket knife.
7. Jay Berry's family's land is located near modern day Tahlequah, ______________ County, Oklahoma.
8. The river that Jay Berry likes to explore is a tributary of which river?
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) The Monongahela River.
(c) The Arkansas River.
(d) The Colorado River.
9. Grandpa learns that the $100 monkey's name is _______________.
10. What does Jay Berry try to convince his father of regarding the monkeys?
(a) They are smart.
(b) They can shoot a gun.
(c) They can do handstands.
(d) They can talk.
11. Who helps Jay Berry dig a big hole at the bottoms one night?
12. Jay Berry's maternal grandfather lives in the ___________________ of Oklahoma.
(b) Black Hills.
(c) Cherokee Lands.
(d) Painted desert.
13. What do the monkeys do after Jay Berry shoots the chimpanzee?
(a) Swing from tree-to-tree.
(b) Throw walnuts at Jay Berry and Rowdy.
(c) Run after Jay Berry and Rowdy.
(d) Run toward the stream.
14. Jay Berry's grandfather tells Jay that a train wreck a few days ago cracked open a ______________ car.
15. Which of the following is NOT advice Grandpa gives Jay Berry about catching the monkeys with the net?
(a) Bait the net with apples.
(b) Uses bananas for bait.
(c) Dig a hole at night.
(d) Hide in the hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jay Berry's father's profession?
2. What does Jay Berry use to shoot at the chimpanzee?
3. What does Papa have trouble believing about the monkeys?
4. Who bites into all the apples set for traps?
5. What does Jay Berry tell Papa about the monkeys?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)