|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chimpanzee do that reminds Jay Berry of his Grandfather?
(a) He scratches his behind.
(b) He scratches his chin.
(c) He scratches his belly.
(d) He scratches his head.
2. In what kind of tree are the monkeys hiding?
3. Daisy tells Jay Berry that the Old Man of the Mountains doesn't like it when boys ___________________
(a) Are mean to their sisters.
(c) Chop down trees.
(d) Kill or harm animals.
4. What does Papa have trouble believing about the monkeys?
(a) They can do somersaults.
(b) They can count.
(c) They talk to each other.
(d) They can dance.
5. In what state is the inherited farmland located?
6. How old is Jay Berry?
7. What does Jay Berry's father think about the animal which Jay Berry's dog has treed?
(a) It can't possibly live in this cold climate.
(b) It must have escaped from the zoo.
(c) It must be someone's pet.
(d) It must be a circus animal.
8. What is Jay Berry's maternal grandfather's profession?
(c) Store owner.
(d) Newspaper editor.
9. What is notable about Jay Berry's mother?
(a) She is a religious woman.
(b) She is sick most of the time.
(c) She owns a gift shop.
(d) She is a skilled seamstress.
10. What does Jay Berry's mother make him do if he forgets something?
(a) He has to wear a bonnet for a week.
(b) He has extra chores for a week.
(c) He has to wear his shirt backwards for a week.
(d) He has to wear a string around his finger.
11. How many days does it take Jay Berry to recover in bed from his monkey wounds?
12. Jay Berry is amazed at how big the monkeys' _______________ are.
13. Where does Jay Berry set the monkey traps?
(a) Close to a stream.
(b) In sycamore trees.
(c) Around bur oak trees.
(d) Near caves.
14. Who did the Cherokee Indians think was crazy, so they avoided coming to Grandpa's store?
(a) The butterfly professor.
(b) Grandma's brother.
(c) The traveling salesman.
(d) The new minister.
15. Where did Jay Berry's family live prior to moving to Oklahoma?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jay Berry's parents do before moving to Oklahoma?
2. What does Grandma give Jay Berry when he stops in to see her in Chapter 6?
3. What escaped during the train wreck?
4. How many monkeys does Jay Berry catch in his net?
5. What does Jay Berry tell Papa about the monkeys?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)