|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jay Berry's family live prior to moving to Oklahoma?
2. What does Jay Berry see his Grandfather slip into the grocery sack?
(a) A tin of coffee.
(b) A bag of candy.
(c) A basket of walnuts.
(d) A pint of raspberries.
3. What animal does Jay Berry's dog chase up into a tree?
4. What does Jay Berry's father think about the animal which Jay Berry's dog has treed?
(a) It can't possibly live in this cold climate.
(b) It must be someone's pet.
(c) It must have escaped from the zoo.
(d) It must be a circus animal.
5. What does Jay Berry try to convince his father of regarding the monkeys?
(a) They can talk.
(b) They can do handstands.
(c) They are smart.
(d) They can shoot a gun.
6. How old is Jay Berry?
7. Jay Berry is amazed at how big the monkeys' _______________ are.
8. What is Grandpa's advice about animals?
(a) Stay away from any bigger than you.
(b) All you have to remember is to run faster than the guy next to you.
(c) Never shoot to kill.
(d) There never was one that couldn't be caught.
9. In what kind of tree are the monkeys hiding?
10. Jay Berry is embarrassed to admit that ______________________.
(a) He lost his beanshooter.
(b) The monkeys stole his gear.
(c) He didn't use bananas for bait.
(d) He didn't set enough traps.
11. What is Jay Berry's maternal grandfather's profession?
(b) Newspaper editor.
(c) Store owner.
12. What does the chimpanzee do that reminds Jay Berry of his Grandfather?
(a) He scratches his behind.
(b) He scratches his belly.
(c) He scratches his head.
(d) He scratches his chin.
13. Why has Daisy not had surgery on her bad leg yet?
(a) She has to wait until she is a little older.
(b) The family doesn't have the money.
(c) There isn't a doctor in the area who can do it.
(d) She is too scared to go through with it.
14. What escaped during the train wreck?
(d) Toxic fumes.
15. What does Papa think will be difficult for Jay Berry in catching the monkeys?
(a) There is no place to keep them.
(b) They have to be caught alive.
(c) They don't know what food to give them.
(d) He is not a very good shot with a rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Cherokee Indians think was crazy, so they avoided coming to Grandpa's store?
2. Which of the following do the monkeys NOT do to Jay Berry?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Jay Berry enjoys having?
4. What does Daisy use to help her move around?
5. What does Grandfather wrap some small animal traps with so they won't hurt the monkeys?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)