|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jay Berry and Daisy can be said to be generally ________________ children.
2. Jay Berry's family lives near which mountain range?
(a) The Berkshires.
(b) The Rockies.
(c) The Appalachians.
(d) The Ozarks.
3. How much could Jay Berry potentially earn by capturing the escaped monkeys?
4. Grandpa says that if Jay Berry will ______________________, it will be easier to catch him.
(a) Not make eye contact with the chimpanzee.
(b) Not make any sudden moves around the chimpanzee.
(c) Stay away from the chimpanzee for a couple days.
(d) Make friends with the chimpanzee.
5. What does Jay Berry tell Papa about the monkeys?
(a) They never showed up.
(b) They made a fool out of him.
(c) They smelled really bad.
(d) They were very hungry.
6. Who bites into all the apples set for traps?
(a) One little monkey.
(b) Several monkeys.
(c) None of the monkeys.
(d) The chimpanzee.
7. What does the chimpanzee do that reminds Jay Berry of his Grandfather?
(a) He scratches his behind.
(b) He scratches his chin.
(c) He scratches his belly.
(d) He scratches his head.
8. What does Grandfather wrap some small animal traps with so they won't hurt the monkeys?
(a) Old feed sacks.
(b) Calico dress material.
(c) Wool scarves.
(d) Muslin undergarments.
9. What does Jay Berry try to convince his father of regarding the monkeys?
(a) They can shoot a gun.
(b) They are smart.
(c) They can do handstands.
(d) They can talk.
10. What does Grandfather suggest that Jay Berry use as bait to catch the monkeys?
11. What is the problem with Daisy's right leg?
(a) It has much scarred tissue.
(b) It is deformed.
(c) It is arthritic.
(d) It is shorter than the left leg.
12. Who had given the farmland to Jay Berry's parents?
(a) His maternal grandfather.
(b) His father's grandfather.
(c) His paternal grandfather.
(d) His mother's uncle.
13. Who did the Cherokee Indians think was crazy, so they avoided coming to Grandpa's store?
(a) Grandma's brother.
(b) The traveling salesman.
(c) The butterfly professor.
(d) The new minister.
14. How old is Jay Berry when his family is finally well established and living in a cabin-like home?
15. What is Jay Berry's maternal grandfather's profession?
(a) Newspaper editor.
(d) Store owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jay Berry's family live prior to moving to Oklahoma?
2. Jay Berry's maternal grandfather lives in the ___________________ of Oklahoma.
3. What did Jay Berry's parents do before moving to Oklahoma?
4. What shocks Jay Berry as he watches the monkeys?
5. Grandpa learns that the $100 monkey's name is _______________.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)