|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jay Berry and Daisy can be said to be generally ________________ children.
2. What does Jay Berry's mother think after Jay's dog has treed the animal?
(a) She is thankful that Jay Berry was not attacked.
(b) She would like to get a good look at the animal.
(c) She is amazed that Jay Berry's dog was able to tree the animal.
(d) She worries that other strange animals live nearby.
3. What does the chimpanzee do that surprises Jay Berry?
(a) He dances.
(b) He does hand stands.
(c) He turns somersaults.
(d) He does cartwheels.
4. How many monkeys were not able to be recaptured?
5. What does Papa think will be difficult for Jay Berry in catching the monkeys?
(a) They don't know what food to give them.
(b) There is no place to keep them.
(c) He is not a very good shot with a rifle.
(d) They have to be caught alive.
6. What does Jay Berry dream about in Chapter 4?
7. What does Daisy want to be when she grows up?
(a) A sculptor.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A teacher.
8. What is Jay Berry's father's profession?
9. Jay Berry's grandfather tells Jay that a train wreck a few days ago cracked open a ______________ car.
10. Jay Berry's maternal grandfather lives near which river?
(a) The Ohio River.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) The Colorado River.
(d) The Illinois River.
11. What does Jay Berry try to convince his father of regarding the monkeys?
(a) They can do handstands.
(b) They can shoot a gun.
(c) They can talk.
(d) They are smart.
12. Jay Berry's family lives near which mountain range?
(a) The Berkshires.
(b) The Appalachians.
(c) The Ozarks.
(d) The Rockies.
13. Grandpa says that if Jay Berry will ______________________, it will be easier to catch him.
(a) Stay away from the chimpanzee for a couple days.
(b) Make friends with the chimpanzee.
(c) Not make eye contact with the chimpanzee.
(d) Not make any sudden moves around the chimpanzee.
14. How many days does it take Jay Berry to recover in bed from his monkey wounds?
15. The river that Jay Berry likes to explore is a tributary of which river?
(a) The Colorado River.
(b) The Arkansas River.
(c) The Monongahela River.
(d) The Mississippi River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandfather tells Jay Berry that one special monkey is worth ______________ in reward money.
2. What creature bothers Jay Berry as he waits in the hole?
3. What animal does Jay Berry's dog chase up into a tree?
4. Jay Berry's family's land is located near modern day Tahlequah, ______________ County, Oklahoma.
5. Which of the following do the monkeys NOT do to Jay Berry?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)