|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the priest Mike visits?
(a) Father Cavanaugh.
(b) Father Calhoun.
(c) Father Clarkson.
(d) Father Kelly.
2. What had the boys used as decoys in Chapter 29?
(a) Stuffed animals.
(c) Cardboard cutouts.
(d) Shop mannequins.
3. Who admitted to planting evidence on the executed man?
(a) William Campbell Phillips.
(b) Mr. Ashley-Montague Jr.
(c) Van Skye's uncle.
(d) One of the Moon children.
4. What is set on fire in Chapter 40?
(a) A stack of old school files.
(b) A burrower.
(c) A desk.
5. Which boy shadows his friends in Chapter 29?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the boys plan to meet in Chapter 37?
2. What do the boys devise a plan to destroy in Chapter 32?
3. Where did Cordie shoot Dr. Roon?
4. Who plays the decoys in the plan the boys devise in Chapter 32?
5. What has Lawrence been tied to in Chapter 39?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the boys while in the belfry?
2. What evidence was planted on the man accused of the little girl's murder in 1900, and who planted it there?
3. What does Mike discover when he goes to visit Mrs. Moon in Chapter 26?
4. What does Mike imagine while delirious with fever in Chapter 23?
5. Who did Mr. Ashley-Montague Sr. and Jr. arrange to have arrested for the disappearances and murders of children around 1900? What punishment did this person receive?
6. What does Mike encourage Father Cavanaugh to do? What happens when Father Cavanaugh is attacked?
7. How does Dale become inspired to be a writer?
8. How do the boys manage to get away from Dr. Roon?
9. How do Kevin and Cordie fight off the creatures who come after them in Chapter 38, 39, and 40?
10. What strange occurrence takes place at Michelle Staffney's birthday party?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)