|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disappears from his bed in Chapter 30?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) Father Cavanaugh.
(c) Mr. McBride.
(d) Mr. Sperling.
2. What does Lawrence drop on the floor in Chapter 36?
(a) His toothbrush.
(b) His baseball cards.
(c) His yo-yo.
(d) His comic.
3. According to Cordie, what do the men who killed Tubby and Duane want?
4. What does Mike glimpse in the back of the rendering truck in Chapter 33?
(a) Giant insects.
(b) Mounds of slime.
(c) A stockpile of weapons.
(d) Human remains.
5. Where do the boys plan to meet in Chapter 37?
(a) The Cave.
(b) The baseball diamond.
(c) The gas pumps.
(d) The treehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the basement of Old Central look like in Chapter 38?
2. Who plays the decoys in the plan the boys devise in Chapter 32?
3. What does Cordie Cooke tell Jim in Chapter 23?
4. What book does Dale read from in Chapter 32?
5. How did William Campbell Philips die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the basement of Old Central look in Chapter 38?
2. What does Mike discover when he goes to visit Mrs. Moon in Chapter 26?
3. What evidence was planted on the man accused of the little girl's murder in 1900, and who planted it there?
4. How do the boys defeat Van Skye?
5. How does Dale become inspired to be a writer?
6. How do the boys manage to get away from Dr. Roon?
7. What does Mike encourage Father Cavanaugh to do? What happens when Father Cavanaugh is attacked?
8. How do the boys prepare themselves for the dangerous beings in Chapter 35?
9. Who did Mr. Ashley-Montague Sr. and Jr. arrange to have arrested for the disappearances and murders of children around 1900? What punishment did this person receive?
10. What strange occurrence takes place at Michelle Staffney's birthday party?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)