|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ambushes Dale and Jim in the central foyer in Chapter 39?
(a) Dr. Roon.
(b) Mr. McBride.
(c) Father Cavanaugh.
(d) Mrs. Doubbet.
2. What does Mike fire his gun at while in the belfry?
(a) At the bell.
(b) At the truck's gas tank.
(c) At Dr. Roon.
(d) At a burrower.
3. According to Roon, what will the master do once Dale and Jim are in their new form?
(a) Trust them.
(b) Save them.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Reward them.
4. According to Mike, where does the tunnel in Chapter 37 lead to?
(a) Old Central.
(b) The library.
(c) The McBride farm.
(d) No where.
5. What is within the bell in Chapter 41?
(a) A swarm of insects.
(b) A glowing, pulsating sac.
(c) Egyptian hieroglyphics.
(d) Tubby Cooke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys decide to retrieve from the McBride farm in Chapter 25?
2. Where do the boys go from the belfry in Chapter 41?
3. What does Kevin see appear at the end of Chapter 37?
4. Who pulls Kevin, unconscious, away from the burning school?
5. When he accompanies the priest to the cemetery, what does Mike take with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mike explain the death of Father Cavanaugh to the sheriff, and does the sheriff believe him?
2. How do the boys prepare themselves for the dangerous beings in Chapter 35?
3. What does Mike encourage Father Cavanaugh to do? What happens when Father Cavanaugh is attacked?
4. How do Cordie and Kevin start a fire at the school?
5. What does Dale take from Mr. Ashley-Montague's shelf in Chapter 28?
6. What does Dr. Roon tell Dale and Jim in the classroom in Chapter 40?
7. What strategy do the boys employ to outsmart the dangerous men in Chapter 29?
8. How do the boys go about accelerating their plan in Chapter 37?
9. How do the boys defeat Van Skye?
10. What does Cordie show the boys at the co-op in Chapter 31?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)