|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grabs Lawrence's wrist in Chapter 36?
(a) A girl scout.
(b) A snow white hand.
(c) A tentacle.
(d) An aggressive cat.
2. What are the figures who approach the boys carrying in Chapter 29?
(a) Shot guns.
3. What did Mr. Ashley Jr. do after his father's death?
(a) Left the country.
(b) Held a bizarre funeral.
(c) Burned the family house down.
(d) Buried the family treasure.
4. According to the book in Chapter 32, what was the Stele of Revealing made by?
(a) Fire and stone.
(b) Water and minerals.
(c) Flesh and blood.
(d) Earth and air.
5. According to the book in Chapter 32, what can the Stele of Revealing be destroyed by?
(a) Fire and water.
(b) Flesh and blood.
(c) Soil and water.
(d) Air and earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cordie, what do the men who killed Tubby and Duane want?
2. Who is killed in the explosion in Chapter 33?
3. What does Father Cavanaugh ask Mike for in Chapter 34?
4. How many burrowers circle Kevin in Chapter 38?
5. Where did Cordie shoot Dr. Roon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the boys defeat Van Skye?
2. What happens during Father Cavanaugh's visit to Mike's house in Chapter 34?
3. What happens to the boys after Dale's mother leaves to give Dale's uncle some medicine in Chapter 36?
4. What does Mike discover when he goes to visit Mrs. Moon in Chapter 26?
5. What happens to the boys while in the belfry?
6. Why do the boys go camping in Chapter 29?
7. What does Cordie show the boys at the co-op in Chapter 31?
8. Describe Mike's encounter with Father Cavenaugh in Chapter 40.
9. What does Dale take from Mr. Ashley-Montague's shelf in Chapter 28?
10. What evidence was planted on the man accused of the little girl's murder in 1900, and who planted it there?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)