|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Moon recall a man being hanged for in the past?
(a) Stealing from the Ashley-Montagues.
(b) Trying to burn down Old Central.
(c) Imprisoning children.
(d) Killing a young girl.
2. How old is Mrs. Moon?
(a) Eighty-four years old.
(b) Seventy- eight years old.
(c) Sixty-five year old.
(d) Ninty year old..
3. What is odd about Mrs. Doubbet's appearance in Chapter 7?
(a) She looks very tired.
(b) She looks very pale.
(c) She is dressed up.
(d) She is wearing bright colors.
4. What is Duane's dog named?
5. What are the boys playing when the truck driven by Van Syke passes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dale see in the water in Chapter 21?
2. Who does Cordie wait for outside the school at the end of the day?
3. What do Dale and Lawrence hear rustling around them in Chapter 7?
4. When does Aleister Crowley say an apocalypse will occur after the bell is activated by a sacrifice?
5. Who was the bell first commissioned for in the 1400s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dale see when he goes into his flooded basement to replace a blown fuse?
2. What does Duane learn about Pintruicchio's murals while at Bradley University?
3. Where do Dale and Lawrence discover new furrows in Chapter 15? What happens while they are taking a closer look at one of them?
4. Where do Dale and his friends ride their bikes in Chapter 3? What does Lawrence think he hears as they pass the school?
5. Where are the Stewart boys heading and what do think they hear as they are walking to the center of town in Chapter 7?
6. What is Mrs. Cooke arguing with the sheriff and Dr. Roon about when the boys arrive at the school in Chapter 5?
7. In Chapter 22, what causes Jim to remember what he saw through the school window at the beginning of the summer?
8. What does Mr. Ashley-Montague tell Duane when Duane asks to see the historical records from 1876?
9. Describe Old Central School. Why was it built?
10. What does Mike discover in Van Syke's shed at the cemetery?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)