|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Stewarts' next door neighbor find in the basement in Chapter 22?
(a) A stuffed animal.
(b) A dead monkey-like creature.
(c) A drowned cat.
(d) A garden snake.
2. Who or what attacks Duane and his father in Chapter 15?
(a) A large snake-like creature.
(b) Cordie Cooke.
(c) J.P. Congden's dog.
(d) A shadowy figure.
3. Where do the boys meet in Chapter 10?
(a) Mike's chicken house.
(b) In their group treehouse.
(c) At the Cave.
(d) In the middle of Duane's cornfield.
4. Where does Jim see a shadow moving in his house?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the kitchen.
5. What does the noise which comes from the back of Van Syke's truck sound like?
(a) A whistle blowing.
(b) A cat dying.
(c) A person sneezing.
(d) A baby crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is inscribed on the school's bell?
2. What wakes Mike in Chapter 12?
3. Who does Cordie wait for outside the school at the end of the day?
4. How many dark figures get out of the rendering truck at Duane's farm?
5. What does the object thrown into the water from the rendering truck appear to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Duane hear through his headphones in Chapter 4?
2. What does Mr. Sperling find in the basement after Dale screams?
3. In Chapter 22, what causes Jim to remember what he saw through the school window at the beginning of the summer?
4. What does Mr. Ashley-Montague tell Duane when Duane asks to see the historical records from 1876?
5. What do the students suddenly hear at the school, and how does Principal Roon explain the sound?
6. What does Sandra Whittaker tell the boys in Chapter 5?
7. What does Dale see when he goes into his flooded basement to replace a blown fuse?
8. What happens when Duane hears his father start the combine in Chapter 19?
9. What does Mike discover in Van Syke's shed at the cemetery?
10. When does Duane calculate a sacrifice to the bell must have been made?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)