|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dale take with him when he goes to check out the Cooke house?
(a) A slignshot.
(b) A pair of binoculars.
(c) A sandwich and a bag of chips.
(d) A notebook.
2. Why does Congden say Van Skye couldn't have been driving the truck which chased Duane?
(a) Because Congden was fishing with Van Skye.
(b) Because Congden was playing cards with Van Skye.
(c) Because Congden was having a barbecue with Van Skye.
(d) Because Congden was painting a house with Van Skye.
3. Who was the bell first commissioned for in the 1400s?
(a) A pope.
(b) An artist.
(c) A prince.
(d) A politician.
4. Around which holiday does Duane calculate the sacrifices that activated the bell occurred in 1900?
(b) New Year.
5. How many regional schools were originally planned for the rural areas of the state?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Aleister Crowley's book?
2. In Chapter 15, how does Duane know Art was on his way to tell him something amazing about the bell?
3. In what year was Old Central School closed?
4. Where does Jim follow Mrs. Doubbet to?
5. Where does Van Skye have a part time job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who approaches Mike as he is leaving the cemetery? Why does Kevin think this person is near the cemetery?
2. What does Duane learn from Alister Crowley's book, "The Book of the Law"?
3. What happens to Duane in Chapter 9 when he is walking into town?
4. What does Jim Harlen see through the school window when he follows Mrs. Doubbet in Chapter 7?
5. What does Duane learn about Pintruicchio's murals while at Bradley University?
6. In Chapter 22, what causes Jim to remember what he saw through the school window at the beginning of the summer?
7. Describe Old Central School. Why was it built?
8. Where do Dale and Lawrence discover new furrows in Chapter 15? What happens while they are taking a closer look at one of them?
9. Where are the Stewart boys heading and what do think they hear as they are walking to the center of town in Chapter 7?
10. After returning to his house with the constable and Dr. Staffney, what does Jim discover in his room?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)