|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Van Syke?
(a) The school janitor.
(b) The English teacher.
(c) The vice-principal.
(d) The science teacher.
2. What does Mr. Ashley-Montague drive in from Peoria in Chapter 14?
(a) A newspaper delivery.
(b) A band.
(c) A statue.
(d) A projector.
3. What are the boys playing when the truck driven by Van Syke passes?
4. Which university did Duane's father fail to graduate from?
5. What does the noise which comes from the back of Van Syke's truck sound like?
(a) A person sneezing.
(b) A baby crying.
(c) A cat dying.
(d) A whistle blowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dale and Lawrence's father tell them as they are getting ready for bed in Chapter 8?
2. Where do Dale and Lawrence discover new furrows in the ground?
3. What year is inscribed on the school's bell?
4. What nickname do the boys have for the teacher, Mrs. Doubbet?
5. Who is Mrs. Cooke arguing with in front of the school in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are the Stewart boys heading and what do think they hear as they are walking to the center of town in Chapter 7?
2. Where do Dale and his friends ride their bikes in Chapter 3? What does Lawrence think he hears as they pass the school?
3. What does Jim Harlen see through the school window when he follows Mrs. Doubbet in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 22, what causes Jim to remember what he saw through the school window at the beginning of the summer?
5. What does Dale see when he goes into his flooded basement to replace a blown fuse?
6. Where do Dale and Lawrence discover new furrows in Chapter 15? What happens while they are taking a closer look at one of them?
7. What does Duane see on the wreckage following Art's car accident? What do Duane and his father discover when they return to look at the wreckage a second time?
8. Where do the boys meet to discuss Tubby's disappearance, and what do they decide to do? What gets dropped into the water while they are meeting?
9. Who stops Dale as he follows Cordie Cooke in Chapter 11? Who rescues Dale from this person?
10. When does Duane calculate a sacrifice to the bell must have been made?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)