|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the basement of Old Central look like in Chapter 38?
(a) Just as it usually did.
(b) Its walls are covered in a red spongy matter.
(c) It is covered in green slime and gray matter.
(d) It is filled with spiders webs and insects.
2. How did the town come to realize that the man executed was innocent?
(a) A kidnapped child insisted he was innocent.
(b) Another man confessed to the crimes.
(c) Two more children went missing.
(d) The man's alibi was later proven true.
3. What had the boys used as decoys in Chapter 29?
(a) Shop mannequins.
(b) Cardboard cutouts.
(c) Stuffed animals.
4. How is William Campbell Philips described?
(a) As a recluse.
(b) As a charmer.
(c) As an intelligent man.
(d) As a bully.
5. What does Mike glimpse in the back of the rendering truck in Chapter 33?
(a) Mounds of slime.
(b) A stockpile of weapons.
(c) Human remains.
(d) Giant insects.
6. Who stops Mike in the foyer in Chapter 40?
(a) Mr. McBride.
(b) Father Cavanaugh.
(c) Mrs. Doubbet.
(d) J.P. Congden.
7. Where does Wink usually sleep?
(a) Outside the library.
(b) In the park.
(c) Under the town grandstand.
(d) At the Cave.
8. Where do the boys go from the belfry in Chapter 41?
(a) To their homes.
(b) To the roof of the school.
(c) To the Cave.
(d) To the basement.
9. How many feet are Mike and Jim forced to jump in Chapter 41?
(a) Fifteen feet.
(b) Two feet.
(c) Six feet.
(d) Ten feet.
10. Why does Mike race upstairs and into the classroom at the end of Chapter 40?
(a) Cordie calls him for help.
(b) He hears Dale screaming.
(c) He wants to climb out through the window.
(d) He follows Roon there.
11. Where does Duane's father decide to move?
12. What has Lawrence been tied to in Chapter 39?
(a) A staircase.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A chair.
(d) A desk.
13. How many figures approach the boys in Chapter 29?
14. Where do Dale and Mike hear screaming from in Chapter 36?
(a) The backyard.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The attic.
(d) The basement.
15. What grabs Lawrence's wrist in Chapter 36?
(a) A snow white hand.
(b) A girl scout.
(c) A tentacle.
(d) An aggressive cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who admitted to planting evidence on the executed man?
2. According to Cordie, what do the men who killed Tubby and Duane want?
3. What are the names of Cordie's dogs?
4. What are the figures who approach the boys carrying in Chapter 29?
5. Who plays the decoys in the plan the boys devise in Chapter 32?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)