|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mike glimpse in the back of the rendering truck in Chapter 33?
(a) Mounds of slime.
(b) A stockpile of weapons.
(c) Giant insects.
(d) Human remains.
2. Who is Mike advised to ask about the soldier?
(a) A priest.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) Mrs. Moon.
(d) The librarian.
3. What does Mike find on the ground in Chapter 40?
(a) Jim's baseball bat.
(b) Duane's notebook.
(c) Dale's gun.
(d) Cordie's shoe.
4. How is William Campbell Philips described?
(a) As a charmer.
(b) As a recluse.
(c) As a bully.
(d) As an intelligent man.
5. How did Mr. Ashley Sr. die?
(a) He died of scarlet fever.
(b) He committed suicide.
(c) He was kicked by a horse.
(d) He had a heart attack.
6. What are each of the boys armed with in Chapter 29?
(a) Pocket knives.
(c) Baseball bats.
7. Who is killed in the explosion in Chapter 33?
(a) Van Syke.
(b) No one.
(c) Dale's dog.
(d) Dr. Roon.
8. Who appears to help Kevin in Chapter 38.
9. On what pretext do the boys leave town in Chapter 29?
(a) To go to a baseball game.
(b) To go fishing.
(c) To go camping.
(d) To go to a scout meeting.
10. How did William Campbell Philips die?
(a) Of old age.
(b) By a gun shot wound.
(c) Of influenza.
(d) He was hung.
11. Who is Wink?
(a) The town drunk.
(b) The former sheriff.
(c) The old post master.
(d) The school's former principal.
12. How will the boys be able to keep in touch with each other at night in Chapter 35?
(a) By walkie-talkie.
(b) By telephone.
(c) By fireworks and smoke signals.
(d) By short-wave radio.
13. Why does the school shake in Chapter 41?
(a) Because a pile of fireworks explodes.
(b) Because an earthquake occurs.
(c) Because a truck crashes into the front of the school.
(d) Because the bell falls to the floor.
14. Who disappears from his bed in Chapter 30?
(a) Mr. Sperling.
(b) Father Cavanaugh.
(c) Mr. McBride.
(d) The Sheriff.
15. What is within the bell in Chapter 41?
(a) A glowing, pulsating sac.
(b) Tubby Cooke.
(c) Egyptian hieroglyphics.
(d) A swarm of insects.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mike goes to Mrs. Moon, what does he discover?
2. According to Roon, what will the master do once Dale and Jim are in their new form?
3. According to the book in Chapter 32, what was the Stele of Revealing made by?
4. How many figures approach the boys in Chapter 29?
5. Where does C.J. Congden drive Dale and Jim in Chapter 27?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)