|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is within the bell in Chapter 41?
(a) Egyptian hieroglyphics.
(b) A glowing, pulsating sac.
(c) A swarm of insects.
(d) Tubby Cooke.
2. What does Mike find on the ground in Chapter 40?
(a) Cordie's shoe.
(b) Dale's gun.
(c) Jim's baseball bat.
(d) Duane's notebook.
3. What book does Dale read from in Chapter 32?
(a) The Book of Law.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The 1900 newspaper.
(d) The phonebook.
4. What does the basement of Old Central look like in Chapter 38?
(a) Just as it usually did.
(b) Its walls are covered in a red spongy matter.
(c) It is covered in green slime and gray matter.
(d) It is filled with spiders webs and insects.
5. What is hanging around Mrs. Moon's bedroom when Mike visits?
(a) Hundreds of spiders.
(c) Charms to ward off evil.
(d) Her dead cats.
6. Where does C.J. Congden drive Dale and Jim in Chapter 27?
(a) To ten miles out of town.
(b) To the Ashley-Montague mansion.
(c) To Oak Hill.
(d) To Peoria.
7. Who is NOT in the room on the second floor in Chapter 40?
(b) J.P. Congden.
(c) Mrs. Duggan.
(d) Van Skye.
8. Where does Duane's father decide to move?
9. On what pretext do the boys leave town in Chapter 29?
(a) To go to a baseball game.
(b) To go to a scout meeting.
(c) To go camping.
(d) To go fishing.
10. What are the figures who approach the boys carrying in Chapter 29?
(a) Shot guns.
11. What grabs Lawrence's wrist in Chapter 36?
(a) A tentacle.
(b) An aggressive cat.
(c) A snow white hand.
(d) A girl scout.
12. Where do the boys go after freeing Lawrence in Chapter 41?
(a) Into one of the tunnels.
(b) Into the school basement.
(c) Towards the belfry.
(d) To their treehouse.
13. Who is Mike advised to ask about the soldier?
(a) Mrs. Moon.
(b) A priest.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) The librarian.
14. Who is Wink?
(a) The school's former principal.
(b) The town drunk.
(c) The former sheriff.
(d) The old post master.
15. Where do the boys plan to meet in Chapter 37?
(a) The baseball diamond.
(b) The gas pumps.
(c) The treehouse.
(d) The Cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Ashley-Montague tell Dale happened to the man suspected of the murders?
2. Who plays the decoys in the plan the boys devise in Chapter 32?
3. How many burrowers circle Kevin in Chapter 38?
4. What does Dale steal from Mr. Ashley-Montague?
5. Who admitted to planting evidence on the executed man?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)