|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plays the decoys in the plan the boys devise in Chapter 32?
(a) Dale and Lawrence.
(b) Cordie and Mike.
(c) Jim and Kevin.
(d) Cordie and Dale.
2. What grabs Lawrence's wrist in Chapter 36?
(a) An aggressive cat.
(b) A girl scout.
(c) A snow white hand.
(d) A tentacle.
3. What is the name of the priest Mike visits?
(a) Father Kelly.
(b) Father Clarkson.
(c) Father Calhoun.
(d) Father Cavanaugh.
4. Who makes a love confession to Mike in Chapter 30?
5. What does Mr. Ashley-Montague tell Dale happened to the man suspected of the murders?
(a) He was found innocent.
(b) He was found murdered.
(c) He fled the state.
(d) He drowned.
6. Who is Mike advised to ask about the soldier?
(a) The librarian.
(b) A priest.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) Mrs. Moon.
7. What is hanging around Mrs. Moon's bedroom when Mike visits?
(b) Charms to ward off evil.
(c) Hundreds of spiders.
(d) Her dead cats.
8. How will the boys be able to keep in touch with each other at night in Chapter 35?
(a) By fireworks and smoke signals.
(b) By short-wave radio.
(c) By telephone.
(d) By walkie-talkie.
9. What has Lawrence been tied to in Chapter 39?
(a) A staircase.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A desk.
(d) A chair.
10. Where do the boys flee at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Back to their houses.
(b) To the Cave.
(c) To higher ground.
(d) A prearranged safe spot.
11. Who disappears from his bed in Chapter 30?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) Father Cavanaugh.
(c) Mr. McBride.
(d) Mr. Sperling.
12. What are the coke bottles that the boys carry in Chapter 33 filled with?
(d) Holy water.
13. How many burrowers circle Kevin in Chapter 38?
14. What does Mike glimpse in the back of the rendering truck in Chapter 33?
(a) Mounds of slime.
(b) Human remains.
(c) A stockpile of weapons.
(d) Giant insects.
15. What does Mr. McBride give Dale before moving?
(a) A new bike.
(b) All of Duane's notebooks.
(c) A short-wave radio.
(d) Duane's baseball cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Roon, what will the master do once Dale and Jim are in their new form?
2. Why does Mike race upstairs and into the classroom at the end of Chapter 40?
3. Where does Mike decide to sleep in Chapter 35?
4. What does Lawrence drop on the floor in Chapter 36?
5. Where does C.J. Congden drive Dale and Jim in Chapter 27?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)