|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which university did Duane's father fail to graduate from?
2. What does Duane want to be when he grows up?
(a) A scientist.
(b) A writer.
(c) A politician.
(d) A firefighter.
3. How many weeks of solid rain followed Duane's death?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
4. Why does Congden say Van Skye couldn't have been driving the truck which chased Duane?
(a) Because Congden was having a barbecue with Van Skye.
(b) Because Congden was painting a house with Van Skye.
(c) Because Congden was playing cards with Van Skye.
(d) Because Congden was fishing with Van Skye.
5. Where is Duane lying in Chapter 4?
(a) On the school roof.
(b) In the back of a pickup truck.
(c) In his bed.
(d) Atop his grandfather's grave.
6. Which of the following is NOT one of Dale's friends?
7. Whose face does Mike see pressed against his basement window?
(a) Dr. Roon's.
(d) The soldier's.
8. What do the boys notice coming from the school building and heading into the grounds?
(a) Ground overturned in furrows.
(b) A strange rodent.
(c) A spark of fire.
(d) A tunnel of smoke.
9. What is the name of the massive bell which Duane learns about?
(a) The Borgia Bell.
(b) The Bagnoli Bell.
(c) The Basile Bell.
(d) The Balestra Bell.
10. What is the name of Aleister Crowley's book?
(a) The Book of Osiris.
(b) The Book of the Bell.
(c) The Book of Egyptian Gods.
(d) The Book of the Law.
11. What happens to Mike after he sees someone's face pressed against his basement window?
(a) He goes into a rage.
(b) He comes down with a delirious fever.
(c) He loses his memory.
(d) He faints.
12. Who is Mrs. Moon?
(a) An historian of Egyptian mythology.
(b) A former secretary at Old Central.
(c) The librarian's mother.
(d) Dale's great aunt.
13. What do Dale and Lawrence hear rustling around them in Chapter 7?
14. What happens when Dale and Lawrence examine the furrow pointed toward their house?
(a) Lawrence falls into it.
(b) A creature climbs out of it.
(c) It grows by four feet.
(d) Dale and Lawrence begin to feel sick.
15. Where does Duane go for further research in Chapter 13?
(a) Concordia University.
(b) Kent University.
(c) Bradley University.
(d) Lewis University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Cooke arguing with in front of the school in Chapter 5?
2. Who sneaks to the McBride farm with Mike in Chapter 20?
3. Who does Cordie wait for outside the school at the end of the day?
4. What are the walls of the tunnel Mike finds like?
5. Which boy says he will investigate the school to try and find out where Tubby is?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)