|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an accident associated with the school's bell?
(a) A plane crash.
(b) The sinking of a ship.
(c) A train derailment.
(d) A fire.
2. What is the name of the town "Summer of Night" is set in?
(b) White Spruce.
(c) Elm Haven.
(d) Muskrat Place.
3. Why does Congden say Van Skye couldn't have been driving the truck which chased Duane?
(a) Because Congden was painting a house with Van Skye.
(b) Because Congden was playing cards with Van Skye.
(c) Because Congden was fishing with Van Skye.
(d) Because Congden was having a barbecue with Van Skye.
4. Why is Duane at home alone in Chapter 7?
(a) His father is visiting the neighbors.
(b) His father is at work.
(c) His father is helping a neighbor mend a shed.
(d) His father is out drinking.
5. In what year was Old Central School closed?
6. Who is the leader of the group of boys at the Cave?
7. What height does the corn around Elm Haven reach in the weeks leading up to July 4th?
(a) Waist height.
(b) The corn crop dies.
(c) Shoulder height.
(d) Six feet high.
8. What does Art discover was used to make the Borgia Bell?
(a) An Ancient Greek artifact.
(b) A Mayan artifact.
(c) An Egyptian artifact.
(d) A Native American artifact.
9. What stops working in the Stewarts' basement?
(a) The alarm system.
(b) The telephone.
(c) The sump pump.
(d) The water heater.
10. Where does Mike find a tunnel in Chapter 8?
(a) In front of Duane's house.
(b) In Van Skye's shed.
(c) In the middle of the baseball diamon.
(d) Near the Cave.
11. What does Duane do when a truck stops at the end of his driveway?
(a) Arms himself with a gun.
(b) Waves it in.
(c) Runs as fast as he can.
(d) Calls Mike.
12. How many regional schools were originally planned for the rural areas of the state?
13. What are the boys playing when the truck driven by Van Syke passes?
14. How many feet off the ground does Jim climb in order to see in Mrs. Doubbet's room?
(a) Twelve feet.
(b) Twenty five feet.
(c) Thirty feet.
(d) Ten feet.
15. What does Jim see Mrs. Doubbet hunched over at the school in Chapter 7?
(a) A decorated cake.
(b) A kittten.
(c) A gun.
(d) The body of a dead teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What presses Duane firmly down onto the ground in the field?
2. What does Duane's father have a degree in?
3. Where is Duane lying in Chapter 4?
4. What part of town do the Cookes live in?
5. How old is Mrs. Moon?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)