|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which university did Duane's father fail to graduate from?
2. What building do the boys ride their bikes past in Chapter 3?
(a) Walker-Trent Science Labs.
(b) Ashley Mansion.
(c) The town museum.
(d) The town hall.
3. What nickname do the boys have for the teacher, Mrs. Doubbet?
(a) Mrs. Duvet.
(b) Mrs. Double-Butt.
(c) Mrs. Doubbbbbbb-et.
(d) Mrs. Double Double.
4. What do Dale and Lawrence hear rustling around them in Chapter 7?
5. What is the Cave?
(a) A fort.
(b) A secret hidehout near the playground.
(c) A drainage tunnel.
(d) A restaurant.
6. In Chapter 15, how does Duane know Art was on his way to tell him something amazing about the bell?
(a) The Sheriff told Duane so.
(b) Duane found a note Art left at the front door.
(c) Duane had spoken to Art on the phone.
(d) Art left an answering machine message.
7. Which of the following is NOT one of Dale's friends?
8. Where do the boys meet in Chapter 10?
(a) In their group treehouse.
(b) In the middle of Duane's cornfield.
(c) Mike's chicken house.
(d) At the Cave.
9. What is the name of the town "Summer of Night" is set in?
(a) Elm Haven.
(c) White Spruce.
(d) Muskrat Place.
10. Where does Van Skye have a part time job?
(a) At the garbage dump.
(b) At the funeral home.
(c) At the cemetery.
(d) At the grocery store.
11. Who does Cordie wait for outside the school at the end of the day?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
12. What does Art discover was used to make the Borgia Bell?
(a) An Egyptian artifact.
(b) An Ancient Greek artifact.
(c) A Native American artifact.
(d) A Mayan artifact.
13. What stops working in the Stewarts' basement?
(a) The telephone.
(b) The water heater.
(c) The sump pump.
(d) The alarm system.
14. What are Dale and Lawrence walking to in Chapter 7?
(a) The weekly picture show.
(b) The comic store.
(c) To meet a friend.
(d) Lunch with their family.
15. In which state is "Summer of Night" set?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Congden say Van Skye couldn't have been driving the truck which chased Duane?
2. Where do Dale and Lawrence discover new furrows in the ground?
3. Around which holiday does Duane calculate the sacrifices that activated the bell occurred in 1900?
4. When does Aleister Crowley say an apocalypse will occur after the bell is activated by a sacrifice?
5. What happens to Mike after he sees someone's face pressed against his basement window?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)