|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the bell come to be at Old Central?
(a) No one knows.
(b) It was put there by the Ashley-Montague family.
(c) It was made by a local man for the school.
(d) It was donated by a museum in Chicago.
2. Where do the boys go from the belfry in Chapter 41?
(a) To their homes.
(b) To the Cave.
(c) To the basement.
(d) To the roof of the school.
3. Where does Van Skye have a part time job?
(a) At the cemetery.
(b) At the grocery store.
(c) At the funeral home.
(d) At the garbage dump.
4. Where do the boys flee at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Back to their houses.
(b) To higher ground.
(c) A prearranged safe spot.
(d) To the Cave.
5. According to the book in Chapter 32, what was the Stele of Revealing made by?
(a) Flesh and blood.
(b) Water and minerals.
(c) Fire and stone.
(d) Earth and air.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Duane and his father of Art's death?
2. What is Duane's dog named?
3. What does the combine destroy before it stops in Chapter 19?
4. Why does Mike race upstairs and into the classroom at the end of Chapter 40?
5. How many feet off the ground does Jim climb in order to see in Mrs. Doubbet's room?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)