|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the object thrown into the water from the rendering truck appear to be?
(a) A small monkey.
(b) A stuffed doll.
(c) A wrench.
(d) A locked safe.
2. What building do the boys ride their bikes past in Chapter 3?
(a) Walker-Trent Science Labs.
(b) The town museum.
(c) Ashley Mansion.
(d) The town hall.
3. What crime did Van Syke and Congden fail to report in Chapter 9?
(a) The attempted kidnapping of a young child.
(b) The theft of Van Syke's truck.
(c) Someone setting fire to the school.
(d) A break in at Van Syke's home.
4. How did the bell come to be at Old Central?
(a) No one knows.
(b) It was put there by the Ashley-Montague family.
(c) It was donated by a museum in Chicago.
(d) It was made by a local man for the school.
5. What does Jim see Mrs. Doubbet hunched over at the school in Chapter 7?
(a) The body of a dead teacher.
(b) A gun.
(c) A kittten.
(d) A decorated cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Dale and Lawrence walking to in Chapter 7?
2. What is the name of the massive bell which Duane learns about?
3. In which state is "Summer of Night" set?
4. What is odd about Mrs. Doubbet's appearance in Chapter 7?
5. What name did Dale and his friends give themselves when they were younger?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)