|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stopped the person from question #99?
2. What does the Summer Lady ask Harry when he comments on the statues of Lily in the garden?
3. What does Elaine do to Harry?
4. What does Lea say about the Stone Table?
5. Where does Elaine want Harry to take her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aurora decide to do with Harry, what does Elaine suggest and what does Elaine say to Harry?
2. How does Harry get away from the chlorofiend?
3. Where do Harry and Murphy run into Grum after leaving the store?
4. How does Harry respond to Meryl's request and why?
5. Why does Harry call the White Council and what is the result of that call?
6. Who are the people Harry encountered at the funeral and why do they want to hire Harry?
7. Why is Elaine in Harry's car when he finishes talking with Meryl and what does he do with her?
8. What does Aurora tell Harry about what she plans to do with the Summer Knight power? What will result from her actions?
9. What do Winter and Summer agree to do with Harry and what do they require? Do they fulfill their bargain?
10. Who is the girl on the elevator, what does Harry see in the garden that is connected to Meryl and what does the girl say about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The ultimate success of a book hinges on many factors. A book such as Summer Knight is difficult to gauge its success because it is one in a series of books about Harry Dresden. Nonetheless, there are some aspects of any book that must be rendered well in order for it to be considered a successful work of fiction. Discuss the following:
1. What are some aspects of Summer Knight that contribute to it being a successful novel? Give examples.
2. What are some aspects of Summer Knight that should be changed to make it an even more successful novel? Give examples.
3. Discuss five aspects of any work of fiction that need to be present and done well to make it a successful novel.
Essay Topic 2
Aurora is obviously insane or very ill or both. Discuss one of the following?
1. How does Aurora's mental and/or physical health impact the situation in Summer Knight? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. A number of insane rulers have been tolerated in the "real" world who have wrecked havoc with their people's lives and country's well being. Should a king/queen retain sovereignty if it is obvious they are not fit to rule? Why or why not?
3. Why do you think insane rulers are often allowed to make poor decisions that affect a great number of people? Why or why not? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare and contrast Harry to Morgan. Who seems more powerful? What are each goals? Are both either all good or all evil? Who is more likable? How do both use their political power?
2. Compare and contrast Mab to Aurora. How are their goals similar and/or different? What is the difference in the way they interact with people? Who is more idealistic? Harsh? Powerful? How do their magical talents compare?
3. Compare and contrast Fix to Slate. What is the difference in how they approach their goals? Who is more likable? Who is the more sympathetic character or are either? Are they both good, evil, or a combination?
This section contains 1,293 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)