|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lea allow Harry to see at the Stone Table?
2. What does the girl say is the reason for the statues of Lily in the garden?
3. Where does Harry find the Mothers?
4. What did Ronald do for Meryl and her friends?
5. What are both courts trying to do with the Stone Table?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry respond to Meryl's request and why?
2. Who arrives after Harry escapes from Aurora's trap
3. What does Aurora tell Harry about what she plans to do with the Summer Knight power? What will result from her actions?
4. Why does Harry go to the airport and what do he and Elaine discuss?
5. Who are the people Harry encountered at the funeral and why do they want to hire Harry?
6. Why does Harry call the White Council and what is the result of that call?
7. What happens to Harry when he goes to the roof of the Rothchild Hotel? What does Talos say and how does Harry respond?
8. For what does Harry apologize to the mothers and what happens immediately when he gets outside the cabin?
9. How does Harry get away from the chlorofiend?
10. Where does Lea take Harry? What does he see there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Summer Knight and indeed in many fantasy novels, there are usually at least several individuals or more who have an almost fanatical devotion to a king or queen or royalty. Queen Aurora has this in Slate.
1. Do you believe such devotion is a sign that a person lacks character? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
2. Discuss the harmful and beneficial effects of devotion to one's leader. Use examples to support your answer.
3. Do you think in modern America such dedication to the President of the United States would be very unusual? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of power throughout Summer Knight. Who has power? Who is powerless? How important is power? How is power transferred?
2. Trace and analyze the theme of magic throughout Summer Knight. Who can use magic? How does magic change the setting? The plot? The characters?
3. Trace and analyze the theme of evil throughout Summer Knight. Is Aurora evil? What about the members of the Red Court? Morgan? Elaine? How does one decide if a person is evil?
Essay Topic 3
In Summer Knight, there seems to be more individuals/groups who are not trustworthy than are: Discuss one of the following:
1. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are untrustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Summer Knight.
2. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are trustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Summer Knight.
3. Who do you think Harry trusts in this book and is his trust well founded? Who does he mistrust and why? Give specific examples.
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)