|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harry stop a faerie from seducing him?
2. What surprises Harry about Toot-Toot?
3. What does Harry realize about his Godmother and Mab?
4. How is Billy going to call forth a faerie?
5. When will Dresden search for Susan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What line of work is Murphy in and why would Harry go see her?
2. What happens while Billy and Harry talk with a truck of men? How does Harry respond?
3. Describe Harry's dream about Susan from Chapter 10.
4. What does a homeless woman in the park do and how do Billy and Harry respond?
5. What happens to Harry at Ronald's funeral with three people he hears talking?
6. Why are Billy and his friends worried about Harry, what does Harry tell Billy and why does Harry get even angerier at Billy?
7. What does Mab tell Harry he must do in order to be free of her?
8. What is the information Harry received from Toot-Toot?
9. For what does Harry tell Billy he's going to use a pizza?
10. Where does Harry meet Billy in Chapter 1 and why is Billy concerned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare and contrast Harry to Morgan. Who seems more powerful? What are each goals? Are both either all good or all evil? Who is more likable? How do both use their political power?
2. Compare and contrast Mab to Aurora. How are their goals similar and/or different? What is the difference in the way they interact with people? Who is more idealistic? Harsh? Powerful? How do their magical talents compare?
3. Compare and contrast Fix to Slate. What is the difference in how they approach their goals? Who is more likable? Who is the more sympathetic character or are either? Are they both good, evil, or a combination?
Essay Topic 2
Summer Knight falls in the genre called fantasy. Discuss the following:
1. What is the definition of genre? Fantasy genre? How do you know Summer Knight falls in the genre of fantasy? Give examples.
2. Other than entertainment, why do you think people might read fantasy?
3. Fantasy is sometimes considered second-rate fiction or that it is not good enough to be studied in academe. Why do you think this is true? Do you think it is a valid argument?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in Summer Knight.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of Summer Knight. How is the theme represented by symbolism, by the characters' behaviors, or by the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of Summer Knight. How are the themes represented by symbolism, by the characters' behaviors, or by the action?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)