Essay Topic 1
Summer Knight falls in the genre called fantasy. Discuss the following:
1. What is the definition of genre? Fantasy genre? How do you know Summer Knight falls in the genre of fantasy? Give examples.
2. Other than entertainment, why do you think people might read fantasy?
3. Fantasy is sometimes considered second-rate fiction or that it is not good enough to be studied in academe. Why do you think this is true? Do you think it is a valid argument?
Essay Topic 2
Summer Knight is one book in a series of novels involving Harry Dresden. Discuss the following.
1. What are a couple advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
2. What are a couple disadvantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
3. Do you prefer to read a stand alone book, or a series of books with the same...
This section contains 2,231 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)