|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 The End of an Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What summer does the title of Edward J. Larson's work refer to?
2. When Tennessee's bill passes, the ACLU runs a notice where, seeking a teacher willing to challenge the law?
(a) Chattanooga Times.
(b) Memphis Flyer.
(c) Knoxville Journal.
(d) Nashville Tribune.
3. World War I plays an important role in the tensions between modernists and fundamentalists as what happens?
(a) Nearly all modernists support the war, and global affairs intervention.
(b) Many modernists support the war, and global affairs intervention.
(c) Many modernists oppose the war, and global affairs intervention.
(d) Many fundamentalists support the war, and global affairs intervention.
4. Darrow is likely the most famous U.S. trial lawyer by the 1920s, defending many famous clients including what Socialist labor leader in the late 1890s?
(a) Charles Matchett.
(b) Eugene V. Debs.
(c) Charles H. Corregan.
(d) Simon Winn.
5. Because of the shape and size of the Piltdown skull, scientists at that time believe it is a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Another ACLU worry, if both Darrow and Bryan work on the trial, is that it would become a clash between what?
2. Who, at the time, sees the trial as a clear-cut victory for the defense or the prosecution?
3. Which two young attorneys agree to serve on the prosecution?
4. Internal conflict, confusion, and maneuvering characterize which side in the days before the state supreme court hears the case?
5. Larson says the defense strategy of calling a prosecutor to the stand to testify as a hostile witness is what?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)