|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 The End of an Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scopes is the ideal defendant in many ways being young, single, shy, well-liked, and what else?
(a) Plans to publish book about the trial.
(b) Having little to lose.
(c) Willing to pursue postgraduate studies in law.
(d) Can offer soapbox replies about evolution.
2. That weekend (11th-12th), most prosecutors go where?
(a) Remain in Dayton.
3. The National Civil Liberties Bureau was established when to defend protesters and conscientious objectors to World War I?
4. The author identifies the timing of the anti-evolution movement of the 1920s is due in part to what?
(a) Growth of private schools.
(b) Growth of public, private schools.
(c) College growth.
(d) Growth of public schools.
5. What question does the Scopes trial rest on?
(a) The Bible is a faulty source to educationally teach nature, science.
(b) The Bible is not factual..
(c) The Bible is a faulty source to educationally teach history.
(d) The Bible has no place in the public schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. Both sides use the media in attempts to throw off the other. How?
2. Larson says that Darrow asks potential jurors if they know anything about evolution, think the Bible opposes it, and what third issue?
3. Bryan leaves legal issues to the other lawyers and assumes responsibility to do what?
4. Jury selection begins when on Friday (10th)?
5. In June 1925, Scopes meets with which three well-known scientists who help shape public response to his trial?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)