|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 The End of an Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1925, Dayton Tennessee is what type of town?
(a) Relatively old.
(b) Relatively new.
(c) Very new.
(d) Very old.
2. Paleontologist Arthur Smith Woodward labels the Piltdown skull from a new species from what extinct primate?
(d) Eoanthropus dasoni.
3. Internal conflict, confusion, and maneuvering characterize which side in the days before the state supreme court hears the case?
(a) Both the defense, prosecution.
(b) Primarily the prosecution.
(c) Primarily the defense.
(d) Neither the defense, prosecution.
4. The scene that the author refers to in his Introduction is said to be reminiscent of what dramatic scenes?
(a) Radio, TV.
(b) Movie, TV.
(c) Stage, movie.
(d) Stage, TV.
5. What is the response Darrow is seeking when questioning Bryan in the introduction?
(a) Some scriptural passages need interpretation.
(b) Most scriptural passages need interpretation.
(c) No scriptural passages need interpretation.
(d) All scriptural passages need interpretation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spurs the idea that science and religion conflict, and deny a growing consensus among theologians and scientists by the 1900s?
2. Which New Yorker, originally with a chemical engineering doctorate, sees a way to challenge the anti-evolution law?
3. Jurors leave the courtroom again, and both sides argue admissibility of expert testimony on evolution for how long?
4. Bryan and fundamentalists help revive talk about evolution and religious implications into what type of political issue?
5. The ACLU fights curricula, especially any promoting patriotism openly and labeling anything what as bad?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)