|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 Government by the People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The 1920s see some evolution theories fitting within Christian views change as anti-evolutionists gain ground, primarily among whom?
(a) Christian Scientists.
(b) Fundamentalist Christians.
(c) Roman Catholics.
2. After 1923, anti-evolutionists begin focusing on which state for legal action?
(b) South Carolina.
3. After the war, the cultural crisis grows worse for fundamentalists and they begin to take what action?
4. What does Bryan do in view of a literal Biblical interpretation and scientific facts when Darrow questions him?
(a) Refuses to answer some questions.
(b) Maintains his literal Biblical view.
(c) Concedes this critical point.
(d) States that scientific assumptions are often disproved.
5. Larson's introduction serves as a preview of the Scopes trial and issues it raises for whom?
(a) School administrators.
(c) Tennessee society.
(d) American society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Christian scientists less able to enter the fray and offer theories allowing both the Bible and science?
2. What is Bryan's view regarding World War I?
3. Who argues that the earth has a very long geologic history and that some biological species are extinct?
4. What do individuals frequently refer to the Scopes trial as?
5. When does John W. Butler propose it a misdemeanor to teach that man evolves, "from a lower order of animal" instead of the biblical account?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)