|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 Retelling the Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the jaw for the Piltdown skull appear to be of?
(a) An underdeveloped bear.
(b) An unknown canine.
(c) An unknown feline.
(d) An unknown ape.
2. What do individuals frequently refer to the Scopes trial as?
(a) Scopes primate trial.
(b) Scopes gorilla trial.
(c) Scopes monkey trial.
(d) Scopes ape trial.
3. As it makes its way into the press, papers proclaim the Piltdown skull proves whose theory of evolution?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Chevalier de Lamarck.
(c) Charles Dawson.
(d) Georges Cuvier.
4. Who asks some of Scopes' students to testify against him even though they are reluctant to?
5. The scene that the author refers to in his Introduction is said to be reminiscent of what dramatic scenes?
(a) Radio, TV.
(b) Stage, TV.
(c) Movie, TV.
(d) Stage, movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most national politicians publicly choose what position on the trial?
2. By the 1950s, the trial becomes popular among historians and is often shown whose victory?
3. Bryan involves himself in how many state anti-evolution proposals in 1923?
4. By ending the defense without a closing argument, Darrow averts what?
5. Bryan and fundamentalists help revive talk about evolution and religious implications into what type of political issue?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)