|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 Retelling the Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The combination of what laws result in more students remaining in school beyond the elementary level?
(a) Child labor, compulsory education.
(b) Compulsory education, apprentice.
(c) Child labor, labor union.
(d) Labor union, compulsory education.
2. Some geologists reconcile biblical accounts with theories of the earth's lengthy geologic past and extinct species by positing how?
(a) Account of six days is symbolic rather than literal.
(b) Account of six days is literal rather than symbolic.
(c) Account of only lives on Noah's ark surviving a great flood is literal.
(d) Accounts of human life spans of hundreds of years are literal.
3. The Tennessee Supreme Court takes what action regarding Scopes' conviction?
(b) Reverts to lower court.
4. Who spurs the idea that science and religion conflict, and deny a growing consensus among theologians and scientists by the 1900s?
(a) Historians, theologians.
(b) Clergy, natural scientists.
(c) Historians, geologists.
(d) Historians, writers.
5. Bryan concedes that he interprets the Bible and at times, he does not know the answers to what?
(a) Evolution questions Darrow raises.
(b) Biological questions Darrow raises.
(c) Biblical questions Darrow raises.
(d) Zoological questions Darrow raises.
Short Answer Questions
1. The jury lets the judge impose the minimum fine of how much?
2. The ACLU fights curricula, especially any promoting patriotism openly and labeling anything what as bad?
3. Darrow tries to find jurors who profess what?
4. Scopes is the ideal defendant in many ways being young, single, shy, well-liked, and what else?
5. The state supreme court says the anti-evolution law only applies to employees in official roles and does not violate what?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)