|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 Retelling the Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Darrow seeks an early ruling on whether scientific experts may testify, and the judge says he will hear the issue when?
(a) Sometime next week.
(b) Following Wednesday (15th).
(c) Following Tuesday (14th).
(d) Following Monday (13th).
2. Bryan is caught between arguing for a literal interpretation of the Bible and accommodating facts about what?
(a) Biology, the solar system.
(b) Geology, the solar system.
(d) Geology, biology.
3. The public displays what regarding formal debates over support and opposition to the evolution theory?
(a) Quickly waning attention.
(d) Moderate curiosity.
4. The anti-evolution movement develops during the 1920s as it does due to Bryan's leadership and what else?
(a) Fundamentalists' support of modernism.
(b) Modernists' strong support of conservative Christianity.
(c) Fundamentalists' opposition to modernism.
(d) Fundamentalists' opposition to conservative Christianity.
5. The defense challenges the anti-evolution statute's constitutionality on the second day using a motion to what?
(a) Move the trial's given location.
(b) Quash the indictment.
(c) Quash, as the text has approval.
(d) Move the trial, given the publicity.
Short Answer Questions
1. The judge adjourns until Tuesday afternoon (14th), as a storm the night before affects what that prevents him from preparing a ruling?
2. After defeat of the first bill for a ban on teaching evolution, Bryan argues that who should decide what is taught?
3. The National Civil Liberties Bureau was established when to defend protesters and conscientious objectors to World War I?
4. The state supreme court says the anti-evolution law only applies to employees in official roles and does not violate what?
5. What do modernists argue matters regarding the accounts within biblical scriptures?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)