|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Preliminary Rounds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another ACLU worry, if both Darrow and Bryan work on the trial, is that it would become a clash between what?
(a) Liberals, conservatives.
(b) Religion, anti-religion.
(c) Fundamentalism, modernism.
(d) Science, religion.
2. Because of the shape and size of the Piltdown skull, scientists at that time believe it is a what?
3. Paleontologist Arthur Smith Woodward labels the Piltdown skull from a new species from what extinct primate?
(c) Eoanthropus dasoni.
4. Dayton, between Knoxville and Chattanooga in the Tennessee River valley, is in what part of Tennessee?
5. Offering to move the trial up, the presiding judge seeks to do what?
(a) Avoiding publicity, unfair trial atmosphere.
(b) Limiting time for defense preparation.
(c) Ensuring fair trial proceedings, justice.
(d) Avoid conflicting with the school session.
Short Answer Questions
1. The anti-evolution movement develops during the 1920s as it does due to Bryan's leadership and what else?
2. The defense challenges the anti-evolution statute's constitutionality on the second day using a motion to what?
3. As it makes its way into the press, papers proclaim the Piltdown skull proves whose theory of evolution?
4. Journalists covering the case note that what is lacking between the prosecution and defense?
5. Sunday afternoon (12th), Bryan gives a speech outside the court, but he cannot speak about what issue there?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)