Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Descent of Species: What will happen if a person dies as a horse?
2. Distance: What is each person allowed to do when arriving in the afterlife?
3. The Cast: What did the dream actors do at one point?
4. Giantess: What does the Giantess consist of?
5. Sum: In this afterlife you begin to long for:
Short Essay Questions
1. Apostasy: In this afterlife God is anxious to reveal the Book of Truth to everyone who enters. She has always feared that some people would figure out the answers to life before she could tell them. Why does she banish apostates from her Heaven?
2. Angst: Why do the humans in this story dread returning to the afterlife?
3. Conservation: How was the universe created in this story?
4. Distance: Everyone in this afterlife is allowed to ask the Creator one question. One man asks why God keeps himself separate from man. What is God's answer?
5. Search: Once every millennium, all of your atoms come back together to create you again. This is a joyous occasion, but also a sad one. Why is it sad?
6. Blueprints: How can the numbers in this story be both a reward and a punishment?
7. Subjunctive: What is the punishment a person faces in the afterlife if they are a failure during their living life?
8. Death Watch: How did the death switch become a problem for those who are alive?
9. Graveyard of the Gods: Why are the gods in this afterlife so miserable?
10. Spirals: Why do the creatures in this afterlife think humans are so intelligent?
There is no afterlife in this story, but everyone gets a chance to live again. However, they find that the reality of who they were is often different than who they remembered themselves being.
1) Why do you think these people created myths about their lives the first time around?
2) Why might they be disappointed in their second chance at life?
3) Do you think the majority of people in the second life are happy or unhappy? Why?
The Collectors have created human beings in an effort to understand why some things stick together. They study man to discover why some human relationships work while others fail. So far their experiment has been both costly and time consuming as they still are baffled by human relationships.
1) List the reasons in the story that people stay together in relationships.
2) List the reasons in the story that people break off relationships.
Pretend you are the Collector who must come to a final conclusion about human adhesion once and for all. What do you conclude is the reason man forms lasting relationships? Why do they form impermanent ones? Explain your answer using evidence the Collectors have in the story.
In this afterlife the reader finds that man is just part of the biology of God. Humans are basically the cells that make up God's organs. As they destroy themselves and others, they also destroy God.
How does the story of God and Man in this afterlife mirror the real life relationship between Man and the earth? Present three or four ways in which the earth (God) is being destroyed by Man's actions. Do you think the earth would be as wonderful as it is now if Man was not a part of it? Why or why not?
Do you agree with God's conclusion in this story: Everything creates itself upon the backs of smaller entities which will ultimately destroy the original entity.
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)