|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Cast: What did the dream actors do at one point?
2. Adhesion: Who made humans in this story?
3. Giantess: What does the man think about communicating with the Giantess?
4. Missing: How does God feel about mankind?
5. Spirals: What is God like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Sum: In this afterlife all of your life experiences are grouped together. You can't experience something different until you have run through all of the experience in one chain. For example, you can't take a shower until you are in the shower experience period of the afterlife. Why would this make you long for your life on earth?
2. Angst: Why do the humans in this story dread returning to the afterlife?
3. Circle of Friends: This afterlife is populated by people who you felt were important enough to remember from your life. You never meet a stranger and you have the chance to renew old bonds and friendships. However, people are not happy here. Why?
4. Egalitaire: How did the people who died feel about this afterlife?
5. Mary: Why does God love Mary Shelley?
6. Spirals: Why do the creatures in this afterlife think humans are so intelligent?
7. Perpetuity: Why does God treat sinners so well in this afterlife?
8. Great Expectations: In this story the people who create and program afterlives are basically selling a false product, though not intentionally. How is it that people are mistaken in their understanding of the afterlife?
9. Missing: Why is the dispute over God's gender irrelevant in this story?
10. The Unnatural: What do you choose in this afterlife that you believe will help the world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this afterlife, everything exists in all possible states at the same time.
1) Why would the afterlife be set up this way?
2) Do you think the people in the afterlife are happy? Why or why not?
3) How would you fix this afterlife to make it more manageable?
4) This afterlife is based on the principles of Quantum physics. Therefore, it really could be possible for all things to be happening at one time. What do you think about this idea?
Essay Topic 2
Descent of Species:
In this story your last coherent thought, before you become a horse, you realize that in another life you must have been an alien who wanted to be human.
1) Why do you (the main character) think this?
2) Do you (the reader) agree with the character's assumption? Why or why not?
3) Can you imagine a way that the horse (or bug or snake) could become human again? How would they do this?
Essay Topic 3
The Cartographers have created man to help them map the earth. Man is equipped with cameras with which to view the terrain and bring images back to the Cartographers in the afterlife. But man ends up disappointing their creators. How does man disappoint the Cartographers? Why is man more interested in other people than in the earth? If this were a real scenario, do you think it would really happen this way? Why or why not?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)