Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Descent of Species: What will happen if a person dies as a horse?
2. Distance: What is each person allowed to do when arriving in the afterlife?
3. The Cast: What did the dream actors do at one point?
4. Giantess: What does the Giantess consist of?
5. Sum: In this afterlife you begin to long for:
Short Essay Questions
1. Apostasy: In this afterlife God is anxious to reveal the Book of Truth to everyone who enters. She has always feared that some people would figure out the answers to life before she could tell them. Why does she banish apostates from her Heaven?
2. Angst: Why do the humans in this story dread returning to the afterlife?
3. Conservation: How was the universe created in this story?
4. Distance: Everyone in this afterlife is allowed to ask the Creator one question. One man asks why God keeps himself separate from man. What is God's answer?
5. Search: Once every millennium, all of your atoms come back together to create you again. This is a joyous occasion, but also a sad one. Why is it sad?
6. Blueprints: How can the numbers in this story be both a reward and a punishment?
7. Subjunctive: What is the punishment a person faces in the afterlife if they are a failure during their living life?
8. Death Watch: How did the death switch become a problem for those who are alive?
9. Graveyard of the Gods: Why are the gods in this afterlife so miserable?
10. Spirals: Why do the creatures in this afterlife think humans are so intelligent?
Man wakes up to confusion in this afterlife. They have died the first death and are now in Purgatory awaiting the second, and final, death. What causes the final death here? Why would this kill a person? What do you think happens after this death?
In this afterlife people are able to split into different ages of their life at the same time, like light through a prism. However, they soon realize that their different ages do not have much in common. Why is this? How can a person who is 50 not understand the person they were at 15? What might have happened to make these two ages of the same person become essentially different people? If you were God, how would you solve the problem?
In this story there are two kinds of people Actors and Beneficiaries. Actors are dead people who populate the lives of Beneficiaries, their job is to help the Beneficiaries who are still living. The actors don't like their job, but do it in the hopes that they too can be Beneficiaries some day.
1) Why would someone want to be a Beneficiary?
2) Exactly how are they "benefiting" from the deceit of the actors?
3) Would you rather be an Actor or a Beneficiary? Why?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)