Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Descent of Species: What will happen if a person dies as a horse?
2. Distance: What is each person allowed to do when arriving in the afterlife?
3. The Cast: What did the dream actors do at one point?
4. Giantess: What does the Giantess consist of?
5. Sum: In this afterlife you begin to long for:
Short Essay Questions
1. Apostasy: In this afterlife God is anxious to reveal the Book of Truth to everyone who enters. She has always feared that some people would figure out the answers to life before she could tell them. Why does she banish apostates from her Heaven?
2. Angst: Why do the humans in this story dread returning to the afterlife?
3. Conservation: How was the universe created in this story?
4. Distance: Everyone in this afterlife is allowed to ask the Creator one question. One man asks why God keeps himself separate from man. What is God's answer?
5. Search: Once every millennium, all of your atoms come back together to create you again. This is a joyous occasion, but also a sad one. Why is it sad?
6. Blueprints: How can the numbers in this story be both a reward and a punishment?
7. Subjunctive: What is the punishment a person faces in the afterlife if they are a failure during their living life?
8. Death Watch: How did the death switch become a problem for those who are alive?
9. Graveyard of the Gods: Why are the gods in this afterlife so miserable?
10. Spirals: Why do the creatures in this afterlife think humans are so intelligent?
Essay Topic 1
In this story God is so vast that the beings in her universe feel it is pointless to try and communicate with her. The being in the story states that the size difference between the Giantess and the beings trying to influence her was too large for them to really communicate. Do you think this is true? Is their size difference the reason the Giantess destroyed planets and elements when they sent her a message? What else may have made the Giantess behave in the way she did?
In other words, how might the princely-looking man be wrong in his interpretations of the Giantess's reaction?
Essay Topic 2
The god in this story finds herself torn about how to judge people. She realizes that no one is all good or all bad; as a result Heaven is filled with people who feel that they are each in their own kind of hell. Why are the people in Heaven unhappy? What is it about their personalities and their earthly lives that makes them unable to get along with each other? What would you have done if you were this god?
Essay Topic 3
This is the story of those who await their third and final death. A death that happens when their name is said for the last time on Earth. However, some people find that they are stuck in the waiting room for eternity because their names are in books and will never be said for the last time.
1) What people do you imagine are in the waiting room forever? Can you name a few?
2) Of the people you named, how might they undergo a metamorphosis in the waiting room?
3) How might they change while in the waiting room as a result of glorification or misunderstanding of their earthly character and/or actions?
Give 3 people as examples.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)