|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Circle of Friends: Who are the people you run into in this afterlife?
2. Great Expectations: What really happens to people when they die?
3. Perpetuity: What is God like in this afterlife?
4. The Cast: What do some actors do to escape the dream?
5. The Unnatural: What did you try to do before in this afterlife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Prism: What was God's biggest problem when he created this afterlife?
2. Giantess: Why does the princely looking man in this afterlife study humans?
3. Missing: Why is the dispute over God's gender irrelevant in this story?
4. Narcissus: The afterlife in this story takes place in the center of the earth. In the afterlife, the Cartographers download the images that people took while they were alive. However, the Cartographers are disappointed by the images the humans take. Why?
5. Giantess: What happened as a result of the princely man's attempt to communicate with the Giantess?
6. Circle of Friends: This afterlife is populated by people who you felt were important enough to remember from your life. You never meet a stranger and you have the chance to renew old bonds and friendships. However, people are not happy here. Why?
7. Quantum: What is so confusing about this afterlife?
8. Egalitaire: How did the people who died feel about this afterlife?
9. Absence: What has happened to the afterlife in this story?
10. Egalitaire: God created life to be good and bad, but then had a problem creating a way to judge people in the afterlife. Why is that?
Essay Topic 1
In this story there are two kinds of people Actors and Beneficiaries. Actors are dead people who populate the lives of Beneficiaries, their job is to help the Beneficiaries who are still living. The actors don't like their job, but do it in the hopes that they too can be Beneficiaries some day.
1) Why would someone want to be a Beneficiary?
2) Exactly how are they "benefiting" from the deceit of the actors?
3) Would you rather be an Actor or a Beneficiary? Why?
Essay Topic 2
This afterlife is run by committee. God used to run it, but began to lose control to man and the angels. After God's Heaven was taken from him he began to identify with men like Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi.
1) Why does God feel his vision of Heaven was stolen from him?
2) What might happen to God's vision, or anyone's vision, if it is taken over by other people?
3) Who are King and Gandhi? Why does God relate to them?
Essay Topic 3
There is no afterlife in this story, but everyone gets a chance to live again. However, they find that the reality of who they were is often different than who they remembered themselves being.
1) Why do you think these people created myths about their lives the first time around?
2) Why might they be disappointed in their second chance at life?
3) Do you think the majority of people in the second life are happy or unhappy? Why?
This section contains 2,432 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)