|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oz: Who has the opportunity to meet the Creator in this afterlife?
2. Adhesion: What happens to people when they die?
3. Scales: What are humans in this afterlife?
4. Sum: Once you make it through the pain segment of your remembered life:
5. Spirals: What is unique about God in this afterlife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mary: What disappoints God the most about his relationship with humans?
2. Encore: In this afterlife the Creators try to recreate you in Heaven to be the same as you were on earth. Why has the afterlife really come into its own in the last hundred years?
3. Giantess: Why does the princely looking man in this afterlife study humans?
4. Prism: God decided to allow people to display different images of themselves in the afterlife. Much like light splitting through a prism. However, he soon discovered that this wouldn't work. Why not?
5. Absence: What has happened to the afterlife in this story?
6. Adhesion: What is the adhesive (alluded to in the title) that holds humans together in this story?
7. Sum: In this afterlife all of your life experiences are grouped together. You can't experience something different until you have run through all of the experience in one chain. For example, you can't take a shower until you are in the shower experience period of the afterlife. Why would this make you long for your life on earth?
8. Reins: What does God have in common with Martin Luther King, Jr. and Gandhi?
9. Spirals: Why do the creatures in this afterlife think humans are so intelligent?
10. Search: Once every millennium, all of your atoms come back together to create you again. This is a joyous occasion, but also a sad one. Why is it sad?
Essay Topic 1
In this afterlife, everything exists in all possible states at the same time.
1) Why would the afterlife be set up this way?
2) Do you think the people in the afterlife are happy? Why or why not?
3) How would you fix this afterlife to make it more manageable?
4) This afterlife is based on the principles of Quantum physics. Therefore, it really could be possible for all things to be happening at one time. What do you think about this idea?
Essay Topic 2
The Unnatural part of this story is the absence of death. The reader is shown a world in which death is not a fear and where people will go to great lengths to reinsert death into life. Can you imagine a world in which there is no death? What would that world be like? Do you think people would wish to commit suicide and kill others? Why or why not? What do you think gives life meaning? Does death give meaning to life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of this story the man behind the curtain tells the brave man that true bravery is measured by whether a person can face the absence of the Creator. How do you feel about this? How would you feel if you believed all your life there was a Creator and suddenly found out there wasn't? Would you be scared? Happy? Nervous? Why would you feel the way you do? How does facing this reality show that someone is brave?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)