|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sum: Once you make it through the pain segment of your remembered life:
2. Descent of Species: What does the hero of this story turn into?
3. Spirals: What do the creatures ask each new arrival to the afterlife?
4. Spirals: What is unique about God in this afterlife?
5. Distance: Why does God keep his distance from man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mirrors: In this story death is a two part process. The first death comes when a person takes their final breath, but the second part does not come until later. What kills the person the second time?
2. Descent of Species: People in this afterlife are able to determine what they want to be in the next life. However, what can happen if they aren't careful?
3. Oz: What does God say is the true measure of bravery?
4. Spirals: What do the creatures in this afterlife want from humans?
5. Missing: How does God being a married couple become a problem in this afterlife?
6. The Unnatural: Why do people begin murdering others?
7. Adhesion: What is the adhesive (alluded to in the title) that holds humans together in this story?
8. Mary: Why does God love Mary Shelley?
9. Metamorphosis: In this story, people die three deaths. The last death occurs when their name is said for the last time on earth. Why will some people be stuck waiting forever for their name to be called for the final time?
10. Egalitaire: How did the people who died feel about this afterlife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Man wakes up to confusion in this afterlife. They have died the first death and are now in Purgatory awaiting the second, and final, death. What causes the final death here? Why would this kill a person? What do you think happens after this death?
Essay Topic 2
Everything in this story goes to an afterlife when it dies. That includes people, furniture and court sessions. Even our cells go to their own afterlife when we die.
How do you think this is possible? Does this mean that everything has a soul? An energy? A life on earth? Why do you think the way you do?
Essay Topic 3
In this afterlife people are able to split into different ages of their life at the same time, like light through a prism. However, they soon realize that their different ages do not have much in common. Why is this? How can a person who is 50 not understand the person they were at 15? What might have happened to make these two ages of the same person become essentially different people? If you were God, how would you solve the problem?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)