|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adhesion: Why do humans get reincarnated in this afterlife?
2. Giantess: Why did the man's people want to communicate with the Giantess?
3. Angst: What do most in the afterlife choose to do on their vacation?
4. Angst: What is man's job in the afterlife?
5. Descent of Species: What happens when people in this afterlife begins to think about what they will be in the next life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mary: Why does God love Mary Shelley?
2. Spirals: Why do the creatures in this afterlife think humans are so intelligent?
3. Descent of Species: What does the human-turned-horse realize right before he can no longer think?
4. Great Expectations: What doe people expect in this afterlife?
5. Adhesion: What is the adhesive (alluded to in the title) that holds humans together in this story?
6. The Unnatural: Why do people begin murdering others?
7. The Cast: As you live your life, all of the people in the background of your life are actors. They are those in the afterlife who must play "roles" in your life. However, not every actor is happy being a character in your life. Why are they so dissatisfied?
8. Oz: What does God say is the true measure of bravery?
9. Oz: Who gets to see God in this story?
10. Great Expectations: In this story the people who create and program afterlives are basically selling a false product, though not intentionally. How is it that people are mistaken in their understanding of the afterlife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Descent of Species:
In this story your last coherent thought, before you become a horse, you realize that in another life you must have been an alien who wanted to be human.
1) Why do you (the main character) think this?
2) Do you (the reader) agree with the character's assumption? Why or why not?
3) Can you imagine a way that the horse (or bug or snake) could become human again? How would they do this?
Essay Topic 2
Everything in this story goes to an afterlife when it dies. That includes people, furniture and court sessions. Even our cells go to their own afterlife when we die.
How do you think this is possible? Does this mean that everything has a soul? An energy? A life on earth? Why do you think the way you do?
Essay Topic 3
In this story God is so vast that the beings in her universe feel it is pointless to try and communicate with her. The being in the story states that the size difference between the Giantess and the beings trying to influence her was too large for them to really communicate. Do you think this is true? Is their size difference the reason the Giantess destroyed planets and elements when they sent her a message? What else may have made the Giantess behave in the way she did?
In other words, how might the princely-looking man be wrong in his interpretations of the Giantess's reaction?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)