|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Giantess: Why did the man's people want to communicate with the Giantess?
2. Metamorphosis: Why do many famous people stay in the waiting room?
3. Missing: What was created while the God couple was at war?
4. Oz: What do those in the afterlife think about the Creator?
5. Missing: Where did God learn about divorce and marital separation?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Unnatural: What do you choose in this afterlife that you believe will help the world?
2. Oz: Who gets to see God in this story?
3. Giantess: Why does the princely looking man in this afterlife study humans?
4. Adhesion: What is the adhesive (alluded to in the title) that holds humans together in this story?
5. Descent of Species: People in this afterlife are able to determine what they want to be in the next life. However, what can happen if they aren't careful?
6. Mary: What disappoints God the most about his relationship with humans?
7. Metamorphosis: In this story, people die three deaths. The last death occurs when their name is said for the last time on earth. Why will some people be stuck waiting forever for their name to be called for the final time?
8. Circle of Friends: This afterlife is populated by people who you felt were important enough to remember from your life. You never meet a stranger and you have the chance to renew old bonds and friendships. However, people are not happy here. Why?
9. Spirals: Why do the creatures in this afterlife think humans are so intelligent?
10. Descent of Species: What does the human-turned-horse realize right before he can no longer think?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is no afterlife in this story, but everyone gets a chance to live again. However, they find that the reality of who they were is often different than who they remembered themselves being.
1) Why do you think these people created myths about their lives the first time around?
2) Why might they be disappointed in their second chance at life?
3) Do you think the majority of people in the second life are happy or unhappy? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The Unnatural part of this story is the absence of death. The reader is shown a world in which death is not a fear and where people will go to great lengths to reinsert death into life. Can you imagine a world in which there is no death? What would that world be like? Do you think people would wish to commit suicide and kill others? Why or why not? What do you think gives life meaning? Does death give meaning to life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Everything in this story goes to an afterlife when it dies. That includes people, furniture and court sessions. Even our cells go to their own afterlife when we die.
How do you think this is possible? Does this mean that everything has a soul? An energy? A life on earth? Why do you think the way you do?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)