|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Distance: What is each person allowed to do when arriving in the afterlife?
2. Metamorphosis: How many deaths are in this story?
3. The Unnatural: Who is the last person to ever die in your new life?
4. Angst: How often do those in the afterlife get a vacation from their job?
5. Reins: Why did God begin to lose control of the afterlife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Scales: What is so special about the relationship between God and humans in this afterlife?
2. Egalitaire: God created life to be good and bad, but then had a problem creating a way to judge people in the afterlife. Why is that?
3. Giantess: What happened as a result of the princely man's attempt to communicate with the Giantess?
4. Mary: Why does God love Mary Shelley?
5. Sum: In this afterlife all of your life experiences are grouped together. You can't experience something different until you have run through all of the experience in one chain. For example, you can't take a shower until you are in the shower experience period of the afterlife. Why would this make you long for your life on earth?
6. Metamorphosis: In this story, people die three deaths. The last death occurs when their name is said for the last time on earth. Why will some people be stuck waiting forever for their name to be called for the final time?
7. Oz: What does God say is the true measure of bravery?
8. Distance: Everyone in this afterlife is allowed to ask the Creator one question. One man asks why God keeps himself separate from man. What is God's answer?
9. Descent of Species: People in this afterlife are able to determine what they want to be in the next life. However, what can happen if they aren't careful?
10. Egalitaire: How did the people who died feel about this afterlife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Everything in this story goes to an afterlife when it dies. That includes people, furniture and court sessions. Even our cells go to their own afterlife when we die.
How do you think this is possible? Does this mean that everything has a soul? An energy? A life on earth? Why do you think the way you do?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of this story the man behind the curtain tells the brave man that true bravery is measured by whether a person can face the absence of the Creator. How do you feel about this? How would you feel if you believed all your life there was a Creator and suddenly found out there wasn't? Would you be scared? Happy? Nervous? Why would you feel the way you do? How does facing this reality show that someone is brave?
Essay Topic 3
Man has come up with a way to create his own afterlife. People in this story design the afterlife of their dreams and eagerly anticipate the moment when they can spend eternity in their ideal Heaven. However, after death they find out that this isn't true; their great expectations are not met.
1) How does God feel about man's disappointment?
2) What does God think has caused this?
3) How has man's blind faith in an afterlife ruined his experience once he arrives in the afterlife?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)