|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oz: What does the Creator look like at first?
2. Mirrors: What causes the final death in this afterlife?
3. Metamorphosis: What is the final death?
4. Mary: Who is Mary?
5. Spirals: What is unique about God in this afterlife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Giantess: Why does the princely looking man in this afterlife study humans?
2. The Cast: As you live your life, all of the people in the background of your life are actors. They are those in the afterlife who must play "roles" in your life. However, not every actor is happy being a character in your life. Why are they so dissatisfied?
3. Sum: In this afterlife all of your life experiences are grouped together. You can't experience something different until you have run through all of the experience in one chain. For example, you can't take a shower until you are in the shower experience period of the afterlife. Why would this make you long for your life on earth?
4. Circle of Friends: This afterlife is populated by people who you felt were important enough to remember from your life. You never meet a stranger and you have the chance to renew old bonds and friendships. However, people are not happy here. Why?
5. Oz: Who gets to see God in this story?
6. Descent of Species: What does the human-turned-horse realize right before he can no longer think?
7. Mary: What disappoints God the most about his relationship with humans?
8. Egalitaire: God created life to be good and bad, but then had a problem creating a way to judge people in the afterlife. Why is that?
9. Mirrors: In this story death is a two part process. The first death comes when a person takes their final breath, but the second part does not come until later. What kills the person the second time?
10. The Unnatural: Why do people begin to think that death refers to the death of motivation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
God has slipped into seclusion because he is afraid that he will disappoint man. You see, he created man by complete accident. As man becomes smarter it is harder for God to impress him.
What do you think about this? Do you think science has made it harder for people to be impressed by God? Why or why not? Should God feel like an amateur magician because his creation of man was a mistake? Should he feel good because man is a great creation? Why do you feel the way you do?
Please keep your answers within the context of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Man has come up with a way to create his own afterlife. People in this story design the afterlife of their dreams and eagerly anticipate the moment when they can spend eternity in their ideal Heaven. However, after death they find out that this isn't true; their great expectations are not met.
1) How does God feel about man's disappointment?
2) What does God think has caused this?
3) How has man's blind faith in an afterlife ruined his experience once he arrives in the afterlife?
Essay Topic 3
In this story there are two kinds of people Actors and Beneficiaries. Actors are dead people who populate the lives of Beneficiaries, their job is to help the Beneficiaries who are still living. The actors don't like their job, but do it in the hopes that they too can be Beneficiaries some day.
1) Why would someone want to be a Beneficiary?
2) Exactly how are they "benefiting" from the deceit of the actors?
3) Would you rather be an Actor or a Beneficiary? Why?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)