|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary: When did God become disenchanted with man?
2. Adhesion: Why do humans get reincarnated in this afterlife?
3. Sum: In this afterlife a person's life is:
4. Giantess: What is the princely looking man?
5. Giantess: Why did the man's people want to communicate with the Giantess?
Short Essay Questions
1. Giantess: What happened as a result of the princely man's attempt to communicate with the Giantess?
2. Graveyard of the Gods: Why are the gods in this afterlife so miserable?
3. Mary: Why does God love Mary Shelley?
4. Seed: Why does God feel like an amateur magician?
5. Pantheon: There are many gods in this afterlife. In fact, there is a god of just about everything you can think of. As a result, these gods do a lot of fighting with each other. Why is it that these gods can empathize with humans?
6. Prism: What was God's biggest problem when he created this afterlife?
7. The Unnatural: Why do people begin to think that death refers to the death of motivation?
8. Conservation: How was the universe created in this story?
9. Seed: In this story man was created by accident. How did that happen?
10. Adhesion: What is the adhesive (alluded to in the title) that holds humans together in this story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Man wakes up to confusion in this afterlife. They have died the first death and are now in Purgatory awaiting the second, and final, death. What causes the final death here? Why would this kill a person? What do you think happens after this death?
Essay Topic 2
In this story God is a woman who wishes to provide those entering the afterlife with the Book of Truth, a book that reveals all the answers they have been looking for. She forces any apostates to leave Heaven out of fear that they will impart people with this knowledge before she can. This God seems fairly vain and self-serving. Why do you think that is? Do you think it is significant that the author made this god a woman? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There is no afterlife in this story, but everyone gets a chance to live again. However, they find that the reality of who they were is often different than who they remembered themselves being.
1) Why do you think these people created myths about their lives the first time around?
2) Why might they be disappointed in their second chance at life?
3) Do you think the majority of people in the second life are happy or unhappy? Why?
This section contains 2,456 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)