|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adhesion: Who made humans in this story?
2. The Cast: All of the people in the background of your life are?
3. Circle of Friends: Who are the people you run into in this afterlife?
4. Great Expectations: The afterlife in this story is?
5. Missing: What happened to men and women while the gods were at war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Scales: What is so special about the relationship between God and humans in this afterlife?
2. Oz: What does God say is the true measure of bravery?
3. Descent of Species: What does the human-turned-horse realize right before he can no longer think?
4. Great Expectations: In this story the people who create and program afterlives are basically selling a false product, though not intentionally. How is it that people are mistaken in their understanding of the afterlife?
5. Great Expectations: What doe people expect in this afterlife?
6. Missing: How does God being a married couple become a problem in this afterlife?
7. The Unnatural: What do you choose in this afterlife that you believe will help the world?
8. Oz: Who gets to see God in this story?
9. Missing: Why is the dispute over God's gender irrelevant in this story?
10. The Cast: As you live your life, all of the people in the background of your life are actors. They are those in the afterlife who must play "roles" in your life. However, not every actor is happy being a character in your life. Why are they so dissatisfied?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of this story the man behind the curtain tells the brave man that true bravery is measured by whether a person can face the absence of the Creator. How do you feel about this? How would you feel if you believed all your life there was a Creator and suddenly found out there wasn't? Would you be scared? Happy? Nervous? Why would you feel the way you do? How does facing this reality show that someone is brave?
Essay Topic 2
The Unnatural part of this story is the absence of death. The reader is shown a world in which death is not a fear and where people will go to great lengths to reinsert death into life. Can you imagine a world in which there is no death? What would that world be like? Do you think people would wish to commit suicide and kill others? Why or why not? What do you think gives life meaning? Does death give meaning to life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Man has come up with a way to create his own afterlife. People in this story design the afterlife of their dreams and eagerly anticipate the moment when they can spend eternity in their ideal Heaven. However, after death they find out that this isn't true; their great expectations are not met.
1) How does God feel about man's disappointment?
2) What does God think has caused this?
3) How has man's blind faith in an afterlife ruined his experience once he arrives in the afterlife?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)