|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Cast: All of the people in the background of your life are?
2. Oz: What does the Creator look like at first?
3. Sum: In this afterlife a person's life is:
4. Oz: What does the brave man discover about the Creator?
5. Oz: Who has the opportunity to meet the Creator in this afterlife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Giantess: Why does the princely looking man in this afterlife study humans?
2. The Unnatural: Why do people begin to think that death refers to the death of motivation?
3. Perpetuity: Why does God treat sinners so well in this afterlife?
4. Missing: How does God being a married couple become a problem in this afterlife?
5. Mary: Why does God love Mary Shelley?
6. Spirals: Why do the creatures in this afterlife think humans are so intelligent?
7. The Cast: As you live your life, all of the people in the background of your life are actors. They are those in the afterlife who must play "roles" in your life. However, not every actor is happy being a character in your life. Why are they so dissatisfied?
8. Oz: What does God say is the true measure of bravery?
9. Missing: Why is the dispute over God's gender irrelevant in this story?
10. Descent of Species: People in this afterlife are able to determine what they want to be in the next life. However, what can happen if they aren't careful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
God is missing and no one knows where he is. To make matters worse, God has been gone for so long some in Heaven are beginning to believe he never existed to begin with. As a result wars break out that mirror the religious wars on earth. Why does this happen? What are the people in Heaven fighting over? What do the people on earth fight over? Do you think it is important for those of Heaven and earth to have a God? Why or why not?
Please base your answers on the context of the story, not on your personal religious beliefs.
Essay Topic 2
Descent of Species:
In this story your last coherent thought, before you become a horse, you realize that in another life you must have been an alien who wanted to be human.
1) Why do you (the main character) think this?
2) Do you (the reader) agree with the character's assumption? Why or why not?
3) Can you imagine a way that the horse (or bug or snake) could become human again? How would they do this?
Essay Topic 3
In this afterlife the reader finds that man is just part of the biology of God. Humans are basically the cells that make up God's organs. As they destroy themselves and others, they also destroy God.
How does the story of God and Man in this afterlife mirror the real life relationship between Man and the earth? Present three or four ways in which the earth (God) is being destroyed by Man's actions. Do you think the earth would be as wonderful as it is now if Man was not a part of it? Why or why not?
Do you agree with God's conclusion in this story: Everything creates itself upon the backs of smaller entities which will ultimately destroy the original entity.
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)