|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Metamorphosis: What is the final death?
2. Circle of Friends: What happens in the streets and parks?
3. Metamorphosis: Why do many famous people stay in the waiting room?
4. Mary: Which of his creations does God relate to the most?
5. Egalitaire: How does this god deal with Hell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mary: What disappoints God the most about his relationship with humans?
2. The Unnatural: Why do people begin murdering others?
3. Circle of Friends: This afterlife is populated by people who you felt were important enough to remember from your life. You never meet a stranger and you have the chance to renew old bonds and friendships. However, people are not happy here. Why?
4. Distance: Everyone in this afterlife is allowed to ask the Creator one question. One man asks why God keeps himself separate from man. What is God's answer?
5. Angst: Why do the humans in this story dread returning to the afterlife?
6. Spirals: What do the creatures in this afterlife want from humans?
7. Sum: In this afterlife all of your life experiences are grouped together. You can't experience something different until you have run through all of the experience in one chain. For example, you can't take a shower until you are in the shower experience period of the afterlife. Why would this make you long for your life on earth?
8. Missing: How does God being a married couple become a problem in this afterlife?
9. Great Expectations: What doe people expect in this afterlife?
10. Egalitaire: How did the people who died feel about this afterlife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of this story the man behind the curtain tells the brave man that true bravery is measured by whether a person can face the absence of the Creator. How do you feel about this? How would you feel if you believed all your life there was a Creator and suddenly found out there wasn't? Would you be scared? Happy? Nervous? Why would you feel the way you do? How does facing this reality show that someone is brave?
Essay Topic 2
God is missing and no one knows where he is. To make matters worse, God has been gone for so long some in Heaven are beginning to believe he never existed to begin with. As a result wars break out that mirror the religious wars on earth. Why does this happen? What are the people in Heaven fighting over? What do the people on earth fight over? Do you think it is important for those of Heaven and earth to have a God? Why or why not?
Please base your answers on the context of the story, not on your personal religious beliefs.
Essay Topic 3
The god in this story finds herself torn about how to judge people. She realizes that no one is all good or all bad; as a result Heaven is filled with people who feel that they are each in their own kind of hell. Why are the people in Heaven unhappy? What is it about their personalities and their earthly lives that makes them unable to get along with each other? What would you have done if you were this god?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)