|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Missing: How does God feel about mankind?
2. Mary: Which of his creations does God relate to the most?
3. Mirrors: What causes the final death in this afterlife?
4. Circle of Friends: What do you begin to long for in this afterlife?
5. Mirrors: What does the first death feel like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Distance: Everyone in this afterlife is allowed to ask the Creator one question. One man asks why God keeps himself separate from man. What is God's answer?
2. Missing: How does God being a married couple become a problem in this afterlife?
3. Egalitaire: How did the people who died feel about this afterlife?
4. Mary: Why does God love Mary Shelley?
5. Metamorphosis: In this story, people die three deaths. The last death occurs when their name is said for the last time on earth. Why will some people be stuck waiting forever for their name to be called for the final time?
6. Descent of Species: People in this afterlife are able to determine what they want to be in the next life. However, what can happen if they aren't careful?
7. Scales: What is so special about the relationship between God and humans in this afterlife?
8. The Unnatural: Why do people begin murdering others?
9. Giantess: Why does the princely looking man in this afterlife study humans?
10. The Unnatural: What do you choose in this afterlife that you believe will help the world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The god in this story finds herself torn about how to judge people. She realizes that no one is all good or all bad; as a result Heaven is filled with people who feel that they are each in their own kind of hell. Why are the people in Heaven unhappy? What is it about their personalities and their earthly lives that makes them unable to get along with each other? What would you have done if you were this god?
Essay Topic 2
God is missing and no one knows where he is. To make matters worse, God has been gone for so long some in Heaven are beginning to believe he never existed to begin with. As a result wars break out that mirror the religious wars on earth. Why does this happen? What are the people in Heaven fighting over? What do the people on earth fight over? Do you think it is important for those of Heaven and earth to have a God? Why or why not?
Please base your answers on the context of the story, not on your personal religious beliefs.
Essay Topic 3
The Cartographers have created man to help them map the earth. Man is equipped with cameras with which to view the terrain and bring images back to the Cartographers in the afterlife. But man ends up disappointing their creators. How does man disappoint the Cartographers? Why is man more interested in other people than in the earth? If this were a real scenario, do you think it would really happen this way? Why or why not?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)