|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Unnatural: What did you try to do before in this afterlife?
2. Adhesion: Who made humans in this story?
3. Scales: What happens to God if man dies?
4. Scales: What does God think humans are trying to do?
5. Angst: What is man's job in the afterlife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Circle of Friends: This afterlife is populated by people who you felt were important enough to remember from your life. You never meet a stranger and you have the chance to renew old bonds and friendships. However, people are not happy here. Why?
2. Missing: How does God being a married couple become a problem in this afterlife?
3. Oz: Who gets to see God in this story?
4. Perpetuity: Why does God treat sinners so well in this afterlife?
5. Egalitaire: God created life to be good and bad, but then had a problem creating a way to judge people in the afterlife. Why is that?
6. Missing: Why is the dispute over God's gender irrelevant in this story?
7. Mary: What disappoints God the most about his relationship with humans?
8. Great Expectations: What doe people expect in this afterlife?
9. Metamorphosis: In this story, people die three deaths. The last death occurs when their name is said for the last time on earth. Why will some people be stuck waiting forever for their name to be called for the final time?
10. The Unnatural: Why do people begin to think that death refers to the death of motivation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this afterlife people are able to split into different ages of their life at the same time, like light through a prism. However, they soon realize that their different ages do not have much in common. Why is this? How can a person who is 50 not understand the person they were at 15? What might have happened to make these two ages of the same person become essentially different people? If you were God, how would you solve the problem?
Essay Topic 2
In this afterlife, everything exists in all possible states at the same time.
1) Why would the afterlife be set up this way?
2) Do you think the people in the afterlife are happy? Why or why not?
3) How would you fix this afterlife to make it more manageable?
4) This afterlife is based on the principles of Quantum physics. Therefore, it really could be possible for all things to be happening at one time. What do you think about this idea?
Essay Topic 3
God has slipped into seclusion because he is afraid that he will disappoint man. You see, he created man by complete accident. As man becomes smarter it is harder for God to impress him.
What do you think about this? Do you think science has made it harder for people to be impressed by God? Why or why not? Should God feel like an amateur magician because his creation of man was a mistake? Should he feel good because man is a great creation? Why do you feel the way you do?
Please keep your answers within the context of the story.
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)