|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Cast: All of the people in the background of your life are?
2. Giantess: What is the princely looking man?
3. Perpetuity: What does God hope will happen to the sinners?
4. Missing: How does God feel about mankind?
5. Mirrors: What causes the final death in this afterlife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Sum: In this afterlife all of your life experiences are grouped together. You can't experience something different until you have run through all of the experience in one chain. For example, you can't take a shower until you are in the shower experience period of the afterlife. Why would this make you long for your life on earth?
2. Narcissus: The afterlife in this story takes place in the center of the earth. In the afterlife, the Cartographers download the images that people took while they were alive. However, the Cartographers are disappointed by the images the humans take. Why?
3. Quantum: What scenario do people find the most familiar in this afterlife?
4. Great Expectations: What doe people expect in this afterlife?
5. Mary: Why does God love Mary Shelley?
6. Spirals: What do the creatures in this afterlife want from humans?
7. Conservation: How was the universe created in this story?
8. Reins: What does God have in common with Martin Luther King, Jr. and Gandhi?
9. Blueprints: How can the numbers in this story be both a reward and a punishment?
10. Great Expectations: In this story the people who create and program afterlives are basically selling a false product, though not intentionally. How is it that people are mistaken in their understanding of the afterlife?
Essay Topic 1
In this afterlife people are able to split into different ages of their life at the same time, like light through a prism. However, they soon realize that their different ages do not have much in common. Why is this? How can a person who is 50 not understand the person they were at 15? What might have happened to make these two ages of the same person become essentially different people? If you were God, how would you solve the problem?
Essay Topic 2
God has slipped into seclusion because he is afraid that he will disappoint man. You see, he created man by complete accident. As man becomes smarter it is harder for God to impress him.
What do you think about this? Do you think science has made it harder for people to be impressed by God? Why or why not? Should God feel like an amateur magician because his creation of man was a mistake? Should he feel good because man is a great creation? Why do you feel the way you do?
Please keep your answers within the context of the story.
Essay Topic 3
This afterlife is run by committee. God used to run it, but began to lose control to man and the angels. After God's Heaven was taken from him he began to identify with men like Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi.
1) Why does God feel his vision of Heaven was stolen from him?
2) What might happen to God's vision, or anyone's vision, if it is taken over by other people?
3) Who are King and Gandhi? Why does God relate to them?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)