|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Impulse: Why do humans have an emotional yearning for companionship?
(a) It is the result of a rogue algorithm.
(b) People want to have friends.
(c) They are created in the image of the programmers.
(d) They long to be seperate from the computer.
2. Incentive: What happens to you upon death?
(a) You become a beneficiary.
(b) You become an actor.
(d) You go to the afterlife.
3. Subjunctive: Which person will have to deal with the most versions of himself?
(a) A good person.
(b) An unsuccessful person.
(c) A successful person.
(d) A housewife.
4. Prism: How is this afterlife like a prism?
(a) It is clear and can be viewed from all angles.
(b) It is a crystal in which a person is trapped.
(c) It is filled with rainbows.
(d) Each age of a person's life can be split out like light through a prism.
5. Graveyard of the Gods: What populates this afterlife?
(a) Only humans.
(b) Every species of animal and insect.
(c) Ghosts and spirits.
(d) Angels and demons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Narcisuss: What is the purpose of life in this story?
2. Graveyard of the Gods: How do the gods feel about this afterlife?
3. Blueprints: Whose numbers can people see?
4. Death Watch: What happens when a computer has been idle for a number of days?
5. Seed: How did God get lucky in his placement of the earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Seed: In this story man was created by accident. How did that happen?
2. Narcissus: What was the purpose of creation in this afterlife?
3. Blueprints: How can the numbers in this story be both a reward and a punishment?
4. Conservation: How was the universe created in this story?
5. Death Watch: Why would anyone feel the need to install a death switch on someone's computer?
6. Seed: Why does God feel like an amateur magician?
7. Encore: In this afterlife the Creators try to recreate you in Heaven to be the same as you were on earth. Why has the afterlife really come into its own in the last hundred years?
8. Ineffable: In this afterlife everything dies. People die, plays die, furniture dies. However, what is unique about these things in the afterlife?
9. Will-o-the-Wisp: People in this afterlife get to watch the happenings on earth. Many people enjoy watching so much that they become angry when they must leave. What is it that these people don't know about what they are seeing?
10. Quantum: What is so confusing about this afterlife?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)