|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Distance: Why does God keep his distance from man?
(a) So man doesn't hate him.
(b) So man has some responsibility.
(c) So man doesn't take him for granted.
(d) So he doesn't get bored by man.
2. Great Expectations: The afterlife in this story is?
(a) Filled with flowers.
3. Oz: What does the brave man discover about the Creator?
(a) That the Creator is an old man.
(b) That there is no Creator.
(c) That the Creator is an old woman.
(d) That the Creator is cruel.
4. Perpetuity: What is missing from this afterlife?
(a) All of the sinners from life.
(b) All of the good people from life.
(c) There are no children.
(d) All of the mothers.
5. Distance: What does a man decide to ask God?
(a) Why he doesn't live with man.
(b) What his favorite food is.
(c) Why he created the earth.
(d) If he loves his creation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Missing: How does God feel about mankind?
2. Mirrors: What does the first death feel like?
3. Mary: How does God feel about Mary?
4. Egalitaire: This god is:
5. The Unnatural: What happens as people begin to live forever?
Short Essay Questions
1. Seed: In this story man was created by accident. How did that happen?
2. Descent of Species: What does the human-turned-horse realize right before he can no longer think?
3. Oz: What does God say is the true measure of bravery?
4. Search: Once every millennium, all of your atoms come back together to create you again. This is a joyous occasion, but also a sad one. Why is it sad?
5. Narcissus: The afterlife in this story takes place in the center of the earth. In the afterlife, the Cartographers download the images that people took while they were alive. However, the Cartographers are disappointed by the images the humans take. Why?
6. Will-o-the-Wisp: People in this afterlife get to watch the happenings on earth. Many people enjoy watching so much that they become angry when they must leave. What is it that these people don't know about what they are seeing?
7. Metamorphosis: In this story, people die three deaths. The last death occurs when their name is said for the last time on earth. Why will some people be stuck waiting forever for their name to be called for the final time?
8. Circle of Friends: This afterlife is populated by people who you felt were important enough to remember from your life. You never meet a stranger and you have the chance to renew old bonds and friendships. However, people are not happy here. Why?
9. The Unnatural: Why do people begin murdering others?
10. Seed: Why does God feel like an amateur magician?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)