|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adhesion: Why do humans get reincarnated in this afterlife?
(a) There is no other place for them to go.
(b) Because they don't learn their spiritual lessons.
(c) To help the Collectors populate the earth.
(d) To help the Collectors understand relationships.
2. Angst: What do most in the afterlife choose to do on their vacation?
(a) Listen to music.
(b) Return to expanded form.
(c) Watch movies.
(d) Return to human form.
3. Mirrors: What does the first death feel like?
(a) Like waking from a long sleep.
(b) Like seeing yourself for the first time.
(c) Like standing up too fast.
(d) Like being hopelessly happy.
4. The Unnatural: What did you try to do before in this afterlife?
(a) Be beautiful.
(b) Eradicate death.
(c) Become wealthy.
(d) To die a different way.
5. Metamorphosis: What do the people awaiting the Caller become?
(a) Happy and hopeful.
(b) What the living remember them as.
(c) Sad, depressed and anxious.
(d) What they think they should be.
Short Answer Questions
1. Missing: What happened to men and women while the gods were at war?
2. Mirrors: Where is a person when he/she wakes up in death for the first time?
3. Metamorphosis: What is the final death?
4. Oz: What does the Creator look like at first?
5. Sum: Once you make it through the pain segment of your remembered life:
Short Essay Questions
1. Adhesion: What is the adhesive (alluded to in the title) that holds humans together in this story?
2. Mary: What disappoints God the most about his relationship with humans?
3. Oz: What does God say is the true measure of bravery?
4. Missing: Why is the dispute over God's gender irrelevant in this story?
5. Mary: Why does God love Mary Shelley?
6. The Unnatural: Why do people begin murdering others?
7. Egalitaire: How did the people who died feel about this afterlife?
8. Descent of Species: What does the human-turned-horse realize right before he can no longer think?
9. Sum: In this afterlife all of your life experiences are grouped together. You can't experience something different until you have run through all of the experience in one chain. For example, you can't take a shower until you are in the shower experience period of the afterlife. Why would this make you long for your life on earth?
10. Scales: What is so special about the relationship between God and humans in this afterlife?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)