|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Great Expectations: What happens to people's computerized afterlives?
(a) They are envied by God.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are wonderful.
(d) They do not work.
2. Sum: In this afterlife you begin to long for:
(a) Your parents, friends and relatives.
(b) A shower as you don't have one for a while.
(c) An escape from the torture of your memories.
(d) Your earthly life where everything was in time order.
3. Giantess: What does the man think about communicating with the Giantess?
(a) It is meaningless.
(b) It is difficult, but worth it.
(c) It is the best way to influence the weather.
(d) It is the purpose of existance.
4. Giantess: What does this afterlife focus on?
5. Circle of Friends: Who are the people you run into in this afterlife?
(a) People you would have known if you had lived differently.
(b) People from history.
(c) There are no other people in this afterlife, you are alone.
(d) People you knew in life and remember.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adhesion: What happens to people when they die?
2. Angst: How often do those in the afterlife get a vacation from their job?
3. Great Expectations: People in this afterlife can?
4. Spirals: What do the creatures ask each new arrival to the afterlife?
5. The Unnatural: People begin to realize that death provides _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Descent of Species: People in this afterlife are able to determine what they want to be in the next life. However, what can happen if they aren't careful?
2. Mirrors: In this story death is a two part process. The first death comes when a person takes their final breath, but the second part does not come until later. What kills the person the second time?
3. Spirals: Why do the creatures in this afterlife think humans are so intelligent?
4. Oz: Who gets to see God in this story?
5. Circle of Friends: This afterlife is populated by people who you felt were important enough to remember from your life. You never meet a stranger and you have the chance to renew old bonds and friendships. However, people are not happy here. Why?
6. Distance: Everyone in this afterlife is allowed to ask the Creator one question. One man asks why God keeps himself separate from man. What is God's answer?
7. Giantess: What happened as a result of the princely man's attempt to communicate with the Giantess?
8. Sum: In this afterlife all of your life experiences are grouped together. You can't experience something different until you have run through all of the experience in one chain. For example, you can't take a shower until you are in the shower experience period of the afterlife. Why would this make you long for your life on earth?
9. Angst: Why do the humans in this story dread returning to the afterlife?
10. Scales: What is so special about the relationship between God and humans in this afterlife?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)