|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sula come to understand that she wants to tell Nel?
(a) That she is sorry
(b) That death does not hurt
(c) That she loved Nel the most
(d) That she is a good person
2. Does Nel think she feels bad about Chicken Little's death?
(b) She's not sure
(d) She is nearly suicidal with guilt
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of the year?
(a) Cold and icy
(b) Wet and warm
(c) Warm and sunny
4. What does Nel not want Sula to do?
(a) Stay in the house alone
(b) Committ suicide
(c) Get better
(d) Take the medicine
5. Who does the answer to #171 visit first?
6. How long is it before Nel and Sula see each other again?
(a) 5 years
(b) 10 years
(c) 5 days
(d) 10 days
7. What does Nel feel Eva is?
(a) A crazy old bat
(b) Full of good intentions
(c) Just like Sula
(d) Evil and spiteful
8. What does Sula threaten she will do to Eva?
(a) Burn her
(b) Drown her
(c) Cut her
(d) Leave her
9. Where does Sula's visitor (as named in #139) head to when he leaves?
10. Why is Sula unrepentant about her affair? Why does she think Nel should just get over it?
(a) Because it didn't mean anything
(b) Because they had been such good friends
(c) Because it's been so long
(d) Because she is sorry
11. Where does Nel get married?
(a) Sula's house
(b) Her mother's house
(c) Pearl's backyard
(d) Eva's house
12. Where is Nel working?
(a) She isn't.
(b) At the local hospital
(c) At the boardinghouse
(d) At the hotel as a chambermaid
13. How does Sula response to the attention that the groom gives to Nel?
(a) She loves it
(b) She doesn't notice it
(c) She hates it
(d) She ignores it
14. Who is beginning to be beaten again?
(a) Tar Baby
15. Sula has Eva _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sula insist on being in the wedding?
2. What job does the groom really want?
3. Who does Sula have a dream about after Nel leaves?
4. Where is Eva going to go, per Sula?
5. Who does the groom sing with?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)