|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No one did a thing about Sula's death until ________ called the police and the hospital.
2. Who is beginning to be beaten again?
(d) Tar Baby
3. How does Sula learn of the man's real name?
(a) His driver's license
(b) She asks Nel
(c) She asks him
(d) She asks Eva
4. Who is building big hoses on the hills?
(c) White people
5. Who is immediately upset with Sula over not contacting her in a long time?
6. Everything that everyone does is a sign they love __________.
(a) The Blackman
(b) To get ahead
(c) The world
(d) Their own best interests
7. Who comes to Sula's door, bringing her milk bottles?
(b) Tar Baby
8. Whose funeral begins the chapter?
9. Who dies in the tunnel accident?
(b) Tar Baby
(c) The Deweys, Tar Baby, and others
(d) The Deweys
10. What is Eva's foot stuffed into?
(a) A slipper
(b) A mitten
(c) A pillow
(d) A bandage
11. What does Sula get over her grandmother?
(a) Her own boardinghouse
(b) Monetary leadership
(d) The house
12. Who was Shadrack's only visitor ever?
13. What do the marchers on National Suicide Day begin to do to the tunnel?
(a) Block it off
(b) Paint it
(c) Build it
(d) Destroy it
14. What does Sula ask of Nel?
(a) If she can read to her
(b) If she can fill her prescription
(c) If she can make her sweet tea
(d) If she can forgive her
15. Who does Sula help in the wedding planning?
(d) Mrs. Wright
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the town to revert to its old ways?
2. How long is it before Nel and Sula see each other again?
3. Does Nel think she feels bad about Chicken Little's death?
4. What is the weather like at the beginning of the year?
5. Who does Nel realize can not make important decisions for herself?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)