|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of role does the groom feel he will have when he marries Nel?
(a) A submissive role
(b) A society accepted role
(c) A dominant role
(d) A manly role
2. Who does Nel marry?
(a) Wiley Wright
(c) Jude Greene
3. Who does Sula have a dream about after Nel leaves?
(a) Chicken Little
(b) Baking Powder Lady
(d) A woman in a red dress
4. How long is it between visits for Sula and Nel?
(a) 10 days
(b) 4 years
(c) 2 years
(d) 3 years
5. What do the marchers on National Suicide Day begin to do to the tunnel?
(a) Block it off
(b) Paint it
(c) Destroy it
(d) Build it
6. Where is Eva going to go, per Sula?
(a) A nursing home
(b) A hospital
(c) A new country
(d) A mental hospital
7. Who is beginning to be beaten again?
(c) Tar Baby
8. What is getting renovations?
(a) The boardinghouse
(b) The bar
(c) The hospital
(d) The retirement home
9. Who is immediately upset with Sula over not contacting her in a long time?
10. Who walks through the town to visit people at the nursing home?
11. What is Eva's foot stuffed into?
(a) A bandage
(b) A pillow
(c) A mitten
(d) A slipper
12. What happens to Medallion when the rain falls and freezes?
(a) It turns silver
(b) It becomes uninhabitable
(c) It is forgotten
(d) It begins to disappear
13. What kind of prescription does Sula need?
(b) Pain killers
(c) Mood elevators
14. What does Sula threaten she will do to Eva?
(a) Burn her
(b) Leave her
(c) Drown her
(d) Cut her
15. Who does the groom sing with?
(a) His schoolmates
(b) A professional company
(d) The men's choir
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eva say makes Nel just as guilty as Sula for Chicken Little's murder?
2. What does Nel practice asking when she goes to visit Sula?
3. What does Sula insist on being in the wedding?
4. Who had to come in to take care of Sula's arrangements?
5. Who is now the target of nasty rumors?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)