|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eva's foot stuffed into?
(a) A pillow
(b) A bandage
(c) A slipper
(d) A mitten
2. What causes the town to revert to its old ways?
(a) Nel's outburst
(b) Shadrack's National Suicide Day march
(c) The ice storm that keeps people inside
(d) Sula's death
3. How many colored women reside at the nursing home?
4. What does Nel not want Sula to do?
(a) Take the medicine
(b) Stay in the house alone
(c) Get better
(d) Committ suicide
5. Who does Nel realize can not make important decisions for herself?
6. What does Eva say makes Nel just as guilty as Sula for Chicken Little's murder?
(a) She laughed
(b) She planned it
(c) She watched
(d) She was there
7. Whose funeral begins the chapter?
8. What does Nel want in her life to help her through her marriage's breakup?
9. Who does Shadrack tip his hat to?
10. Who does Sula have a dream about after Nel leaves?
(b) Chicken Little
(c) A woman in a red dress
(d) Baking Powder Lady
11. What does Nel practice asking when she goes to visit Sula?
(a) If she is having an affair
(b) If there is anything she can do
(c) If she is really as coldhearted as she seems
(d) If she feels guilty about Chicken Little
12. What does Nel feel Eva is?
(a) Full of good intentions
(b) A crazy old bat
(c) Just like Sula
(d) Evil and spiteful
13. What is getting renovations?
(a) The retirement home
(b) The bar
(c) The hospital
(d) The boardinghouse
14. Who thinks of sex as wicked, a personal act that is purely for her?
15. How does Sula response to the attention that the groom gives to Nel?
(a) She hates it
(b) She ignores it
(c) She doesn't notice it
(d) She loves it
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sula help in the wedding planning?
2. Who can now live at the retirement home?
3. Where is Nel working?
4. Who is immediately upset with Sula over not contacting her in a long time?
5. What does Sula threaten she will do to Eva?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)