|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many colored women reside at the nursing home?
2. How long is it before Nel and Sula see each other again?
(a) 10 days
(b) 10 years
(c) 5 days
(d) 5 years
3. Where does Sula's visitor (as named in #139) head to when he leaves?
4. Whose funeral begins the chapter?
5. Who is ringing the bell as the tunnel collapses?
(a) Tar Baby
6. What does Sula put in her hair to entice the answer to #139?
(a) A jeweled barrette
(b) A white ribbon
(c) A green bow
(d) A red bow
7. Who does Nel realize can not make important decisions for herself?
8. Who always overlooks the groom for work?
(a) The vet offices
(b) The white physician
(c) The gang boss
(d) The schools
9. Who walks through the town to visit people at the nursing home?
10. Who had to come in to take care of Sula's arrangements?
(c) White people
(d) The police
11. What does Nel not want Sula to do?
(a) Committ suicide
(b) Get better
(c) Stay in the house alone
(d) Take the medicine
12. What does Sula come to understand that she wants to tell Nel?
(a) That she is sorry
(b) That she is a good person
(c) That death does not hurt
(d) That she loved Nel the most
13. Who dies in the tunnel accident?
(a) Tar Baby
(b) The Deweys, Tar Baby, and others
(c) The Deweys
14. Who does Sula have a dream about after Nel leaves?
(a) Baking Powder Lady
(c) A woman in a red dress
(d) Chicken Little
15. How does Sula response to the attention that the groom gives to Nel?
(a) She ignores it
(b) She loves it
(c) She doesn't notice it
(d) She hates it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sula ask of Nel?
2. What is the weather like at the beginning of the year?
3. What is something people do NOT notice about Sula that makes her different?
4. Who does Sula help in the wedding planning?
5. Why is Sula unrepentant about her affair? Why does she think Nel should just get over it?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)