|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nel visit on the way home?
(a) The cemetary
(b) The market
(c) The ice cream parlor
(d) The church
2. What does Sula ask of Nel?
(a) If she can read to her
(b) If she can make her sweet tea
(c) If she can fill her prescription
(d) If she can forgive her
3. Who comes to Sula's door, bringing her milk bottles?
(b) Tar Baby
4. Who walks through the town to visit people at the nursing home?
5. Things are changing in town: many colored people now ____________.
(a) Have cars
(b) Have children
(c) Have jobs
(d) Have rights
6. Who does the answer to #171 visit first?
7. What kind of role does the groom feel he will have when he marries Nel?
(a) A manly role
(b) A submissive role
(c) A society accepted role
(d) A dominant role
8. No one did a thing about Sula's death until ________ called the police and the hospital.
9. What kind of prescription does Sula need?
(b) Mood elevators
(d) Pain killers
10. Who does Sula help in the wedding planning?
(d) Mrs. Wright
11. Who always overlooks the groom for work?
(a) The vet offices
(b) The gang boss
(c) The schools
(d) The white physician
12. What does Sula insist on being in the wedding?
(a) The ringbearer
(b) The maid of honor
(c) The matron of honor
(d) The only bridesmaid
13. What does the groom do?
(a) He's a waiter at the Hotel Medallion
(b) He's a lawyer
(c) He's a seaman
(d) He's a bricklayer
14. Who is immediately upset with Sula over not contacting her in a long time?
15. Who can now live at the retirement home?
(a) Colored women
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the rumors about the answer to #133?
2. What is getting renovations?
3. Whose funeral begins the chapter?
4. What do the marchers on National Suicide Day begin to do to the tunnel?
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of the year?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)