|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is now the target of nasty rumors?
2. What happens to Nel's husband?
(a) He tries to apologize to Nel, but she doesn't accept it.
(b) He leaves her
(c) He disappears
(d) He is killed
3. Who had to come in to take care of Sula's arrangements?
(b) White people
(c) The police
4. Where does Nel get married?
(a) Eva's house
(b) Sula's house
(c) Her mother's house
(d) Pearl's backyard
5. How many colored women reside at the nursing home?
6. What is the weather like at the beginning of the year?
(a) Warm and sunny
(c) Wet and warm
(d) Cold and icy
7. What does Nel want in her life to help her through her marriage's breakup?
8. What is Eva's foot stuffed into?
(a) A bandage
(b) A slipper
(c) A mitten
(d) A pillow
9. What does Sula put in her hair to entice the answer to #139?
(a) A white ribbon
(b) A red bow
(c) A green bow
(d) A jeweled barrette
10. Who just 'filled a space' for Sula?
11. Things are changing in town: many colored people now ____________.
(a) Have jobs
(b) Have children
(c) Have rights
(d) Have cars
12. Who comes to Sula's door, bringing her milk bottles?
(c) Tar Baby
13. Where is Nel working?
(a) At the local hospital
(b) At the hotel as a chambermaid
(c) She isn't.
(d) At the boardinghouse
14. How long is it between visits for Sula and Nel?
(a) 2 years
(b) 10 days
(c) 4 years
(d) 3 years
15. What kind of role does the groom feel he will have when he marries Nel?
(a) A submissive role
(b) A society accepted role
(c) A dominant role
(d) A manly role
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does the groom really want?
2. Who thinks of sex as wicked, a personal act that is purely for her?
3. No one did a thing about Sula's death until ________ called the police and the hospital.
4. Sula and Nel have always been known to be as ________.
5. Does Nel think she feels bad about Chicken Little's death?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)