|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nel feel Eva is?
(a) Full of good intentions
(b) Just like Sula
(c) Evil and spiteful
(d) A crazy old bat
2. What does Eva do to try to protect herself?
(a) Calls the police
(b) Moves away
(c) Locks her door
(d) Ignores Sula
3. What does Nel not want Sula to do?
(a) Take the medicine
(b) Committ suicide
(c) Stay in the house alone
(d) Get better
4. Who thinks of sex as wicked, a personal act that is purely for her?
5. Sula has Eva _________.
6. Does Nel think she feels bad about Chicken Little's death?
(b) She is nearly suicidal with guilt
(d) She's not sure
7. What does Sula get over her grandmother?
(a) Her own boardinghouse
(b) The house
(c) Monetary leadership
8. What does Sula threaten she will do to Eva?
(a) Cut her
(b) Leave her
(c) Burn her
(d) Drown her
9. Who is building big hoses on the hills?
(d) White people
10. Who has been arrested for causing an accident, according to Sula's visitor from #139?
(a) Tar Baby
(b) The Deweys
11. What does Sula put in her hair to entice the answer to #139?
(a) A green bow
(b) A jeweled barrette
(c) A red bow
(d) A white ribbon
12. What does Sula ask of Nel?
(a) If she can fill her prescription
(b) If she can make her sweet tea
(c) If she can forgive her
(d) If she can read to her
13. What is one of the rumors about the answer to #133?
(a) He has a deal with the devil
(b) She sleeps with white men
(c) She eats too much
(d) She is dying
14. What is something people do NOT notice about Sula that makes her different?
(a) She has all her teeth
(b) She has never had childhood illnesses
(c) She has no bruises or scars
(d) She has perfectly straight hair
15. What does the groom do?
(a) He's a bricklayer
(b) He's a seaman
(c) He's a waiter at the Hotel Medallion
(d) He's a lawyer
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the marchers on National Suicide Day begin to do to the tunnel?
2. Who does Nel realize can not make important decisions for herself?
3. Who does Sula have a dream about after Nel leaves?
4. Why is Sula unrepentant about her affair? Why does she think Nel should just get over it?
5. How long is it between visits for Sula and Nel?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)