|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nel visit on the way home?
(a) The cemetary
(b) The church
(c) The market
(d) The ice cream parlor
2. Who does Sula have a dream about after Nel leaves?
(a) A woman in a red dress
(b) Chicken Little
(c) Baking Powder Lady
3. What does Sula come to understand that she wants to tell Nel?
(a) That she is sorry
(b) That she loved Nel the most
(c) That death does not hurt
(d) That she is a good person
4. Whose funeral begins the chapter?
5. No one did a thing about Sula's death until ________ called the police and the hospital.
6. Who is building big hoses on the hills?
(c) White people
7. Who walks through the town to visit people at the nursing home?
8. What does Nel not want Sula to do?
(a) Take the medicine
(b) Committ suicide
(c) Get better
(d) Stay in the house alone
9. What is getting renovations?
(a) The boardinghouse
(b) The retirement home
(c) The hospital
(d) The bar
10. Who can now live at the retirement home?
(d) Colored women
11. Who does Sula have an affair with?
(d) Tar Baby
12. Who always overlooks the groom for work?
(a) The white physician
(b) The vet offices
(c) The schools
(d) The gang boss
13. Who had to come in to take care of Sula's arrangements?
(a) The police
(c) White people
14. What does the groom do?
(a) He's a seaman
(b) He's a bricklayer
(c) He's a lawyer
(d) He's a waiter at the Hotel Medallion
15. Who is ringing the bell as the tunnel collapses?
(a) Tar Baby
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies in the tunnel accident?
2. What do the marchers on National Suicide Day begin to do to the tunnel?
3. What does Eva do to try to protect herself?
4. Things are changing in town: many colored people now ____________.
5. Who was Shadrack's only visitor ever?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)