|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is ringing the bell as the tunnel collapses?
(a) Tar Baby
2. Who does Shadrack tip his hat to?
3. Where does Nel get married?
(a) Pearl's backyard
(b) Eva's house
(c) Sula's house
(d) Her mother's house
4. Who walks through the town to visit people at the nursing home?
5. What causes the town to revert to its old ways?
(a) Nel's outburst
(b) The ice storm that keeps people inside
(c) Sula's death
(d) Shadrack's National Suicide Day march
6. What kind of prescription does Sula need?
(c) Pain killers
(d) Mood elevators
7. Who thinks of sex as wicked, a personal act that is purely for her?
8. Who does Sula have a dream about after Nel leaves?
(b) Baking Powder Lady
(c) A woman in a red dress
(d) Chicken Little
9. Where is Nel working?
(a) At the hotel as a chambermaid
(b) At the local hospital
(c) At the boardinghouse
(d) She isn't.
10. Where is Eva going to go, per Sula?
(a) A nursing home
(b) A mental hospital
(c) A new country
(d) A hospital
11. What kind of role does the groom feel he will have when he marries Nel?
(a) A submissive role
(b) A manly role
(c) A society accepted role
(d) A dominant role
12. Everything that everyone does is a sign they love __________.
(a) The Blackman
(b) The world
(c) Their own best interests
(d) To get ahead
13. Who always overlooks the groom for work?
(a) The gang boss
(b) The schools
(c) The white physician
(d) The vet offices
14. What is something people do NOT notice about Sula that makes her different?
(a) She has never had childhood illnesses
(b) She has all her teeth
(c) She has no bruises or scars
(d) She has perfectly straight hair
15. What does Eva say makes Nel just as guilty as Sula for Chicken Little's murder?
(a) She watched
(b) She laughed
(c) She was there
(d) She planned it
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can now live at the retirement home?
2. What happens to Nel's husband?
3. What does Sula insist on being in the wedding?
4. No one did a thing about Sula's death until ________ called the police and the hospital.
5. Where does Sula's visitor (as named in #139) head to when he leaves?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)