|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nel visit on the way home?
(a) The cemetary
(b) The market
(c) The ice cream parlor
(d) The church
2. Where is work promised for the people of the town?
(a) At the boardwalk
(b) At the railroad
(c) On the docks
(d) On the new tunnel
3. What do the marchers on National Suicide Day begin to do to the tunnel?
(a) Block it off
(b) Build it
(c) Paint it
(d) Destroy it
4. Who is the boy who comes to Sula's door to ask for bottles?
(a) Tar Baby
(b) Chicken Baby
5. Sula returns to Medallion accompanied by a plague of __________.
6. Does Nel think she feels bad about Chicken Little's death?
(b) She's not sure
(c) She is nearly suicidal with guilt
7. What does Sula threaten she will do to Eva?
(a) Leave her
(b) Burn her
(c) Drown her
(d) Cut her
8. What is Eva's foot stuffed into?
(a) A mitten
(b) A bandage
(c) A slipper
(d) A pillow
9. Who can now live at the retirement home?
(d) Colored women
10. What does Nel feel Eva is?
(a) Evil and spiteful
(b) Just like Sula
(c) Full of good intentions
(d) A crazy old bat
11. What causes the town to revert to its old ways?
(a) The ice storm that keeps people inside
(b) Nel's outburst
(c) Shadrack's National Suicide Day march
(d) Sula's death
12. Where does Sula's visitor (as named in #139) head to when he leaves?
13. What does Sula get over her grandmother?
(a) Monetary leadership
(c) The house
(d) Her own boardinghouse
14. How long is it before Nel and Sula see each other again?
(a) 5 days
(b) 10 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 10 days
15. What does Nel tell Sula at the end of their conversation?
(a) She will probably not be back
(b) She loved her
(c) She hates her
(d) She wished she never came
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose funeral begins the chapter?
2. What does Nel not want Sula to do?
3. What does the groom do?
4. What is the weather like at the beginning of the year?
5. Sula has Eva _________.
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)