|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Medallion when the rain falls and freezes?
(a) It is forgotten
(b) It becomes uninhabitable
(c) It turns silver
(d) It begins to disappear
2. How does Sula response to the attention that the groom gives to Nel?
(a) She ignores it
(b) She doesn't notice it
(c) She hates it
(d) She loves it
3. Who thinks of sex as wicked, a personal act that is purely for her?
4. What do the marchers on National Suicide Day begin to do to the tunnel?
(a) Paint it
(b) Block it off
(c) Build it
(d) Destroy it
5. Who does Sula have an affair with?
(b) Tar Baby
6. Who is the boy who comes to Sula's door to ask for bottles?
(a) Tar Baby
(b) Chicken Baby
7. Where does Sula's visitor (as named in #139) head to when he leaves?
8. Where does Nel get married?
(a) Her mother's house
(b) Sula's house
(c) Eva's house
(d) Pearl's backyard
9. What does Eva say makes Nel just as guilty as Sula for Chicken Little's murder?
(a) She was there
(b) She laughed
(c) She planned it
(d) She watched
10. Who just 'filled a space' for Sula?
11. What is the weather like at the beginning of the year?
(b) Warm and sunny
(c) Cold and icy
(d) Wet and warm
12. What does Sula insist on being in the wedding?
(a) The ringbearer
(b) The maid of honor
(c) The only bridesmaid
(d) The matron of honor
13. What is one of the rumors about the answer to #133?
(a) She is dying
(b) She sleeps with white men
(c) She eats too much
(d) He has a deal with the devil
14. Who can now live at the retirement home?
(c) Colored women
15. How long is it before Nel and Sula see each other again?
(a) 5 days
(b) 10 days
(c) 10 years
(d) 5 years
Short Answer Questions
1. Sula and Nel have always been known to be as ________.
2. What is the real name of the man that visits Sula?
3. What happens to Nel's husband?
4. Who does Sula help in the wedding planning?
5. What is something people do NOT notice about Sula that makes her different?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)