|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nel get married?
(a) Sula's house
(b) Her mother's house
(c) Eva's house
(d) Pearl's backyard
2. Sula says she may be __________, but she has lived a full life.
(a) Going down
(c) A bad person
(d) A crazy woman
3. Sula has Eva _________.
4. Things are changing in town: many colored people now ____________.
(a) Have rights
(b) Have children
(c) Have jobs
(d) Have cars
5. Who is now the target of nasty rumors?
6. What does Sula threaten she will do to Eva?
(a) Leave her
(b) Burn her
(c) Drown her
(d) Cut her
7. Who can now live at the retirement home?
(b) Colored women
8. What does Nel practice asking when she goes to visit Sula?
(a) If there is anything she can do
(b) If she is really as coldhearted as she seems
(c) If she feels guilty about Chicken Little
(d) If she is having an affair
9. Why is Sula unrepentant about her affair? Why does she think Nel should just get over it?
(a) Because they had been such good friends
(b) Because she is sorry
(c) Because it's been so long
(d) Because it didn't mean anything
10. What is something people do NOT notice about Sula that makes her different?
(a) She has no bruises or scars
(b) She has perfectly straight hair
(c) She has never had childhood illnesses
(d) She has all her teeth
11. Where does Sula's visitor (as named in #139) head to when he leaves?
12. Sula and Nel have always been known to be as ________.
13. What is Eva's foot stuffed into?
(a) A bandage
(b) A slipper
(c) A pillow
(d) A mitten
14. How many colored women reside at the nursing home?
15. Who does Sula have an affair with?
(d) Tar Baby
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nel tell Sula at the end of their conversation?
2. What happens to Medallion when the rain falls and freezes?
3. Does Nel think she feels bad about Chicken Little's death?
4. What job does the groom really want?
5. What does Nel feel Eva is?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)