|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many colored women reside at the nursing home?
2. What does Sula threaten she will do to Eva?
(a) Drown her
(b) Leave her
(c) Cut her
(d) Burn her
3. What job does the groom really want?
(b) Helping animals
(c) Becoming a doctor
(d) Working on the road
4. Who always overlooks the groom for work?
(a) The gang boss
(b) The white physician
(c) The vet offices
(d) The schools
5. What does Sula ask of Nel?
(a) If she can make her sweet tea
(b) If she can fill her prescription
(c) If she can forgive her
(d) If she can read to her
6. Sula has Eva _________.
7. Who dies in the tunnel accident?
(a) The Deweys, Tar Baby, and others
(c) The Deweys
(d) Tar Baby
8. Who does Nel realize can not make important decisions for herself?
9. What is something people do NOT notice about Sula that makes her different?
(a) She has no bruises or scars
(b) She has all her teeth
(c) She has perfectly straight hair
(d) She has never had childhood illnesses
10. Whose funeral begins the chapter?
11. Where does Sula's visitor (as named in #139) head to when he leaves?
12. What does Nel want in her life to help her through her marriage's breakup?
13. What does Sula get over her grandmother?
(a) Her own boardinghouse
(c) Monetary leadership
(d) The house
14. How does Sula response to the attention that the groom gives to Nel?
(a) She doesn't notice it
(b) She loves it
(c) She hates it
(d) She ignores it
15. Sula returns to Medallion accompanied by a plague of __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Sula's door, bringing her milk bottles?
2. What is getting renovations?
3. Sula and Nel have always been known to be as ________.
4. Who is immediately upset with Sula over not contacting her in a long time?
5. Who thinks of sex as wicked, a personal act that is purely for her?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)