|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Everything that everyone does is a sign they love __________.
(a) The Blackman
(b) The world
(c) To get ahead
(d) Their own best interests
2. Who does Sula help in the wedding planning?
(a) Mrs. Wright
3. Who is building big hoses on the hills?
(a) White people
4. What is the real name of the man that visits Sula?
(d) A. Jacks
5. What is one of the rumors about the answer to #133?
(a) She is dying
(b) She sleeps with white men
(c) He has a deal with the devil
(d) She eats too much
6. What kind of role does the groom feel he will have when he marries Nel?
(a) A dominant role
(b) A submissive role
(c) A society accepted role
(d) A manly role
7. Who does Nel realize can not make important decisions for herself?
8. Who has been arrested for causing an accident, according to Sula's visitor from #139?
(a) The Deweys
(c) Tar Baby
9. Where is work promised for the people of the town?
(a) On the new tunnel
(b) At the railroad
(c) On the docks
(d) At the boardwalk
10. What is Eva's foot stuffed into?
(a) A slipper
(b) A pillow
(c) A bandage
(d) A mitten
11. How many colored women reside at the nursing home?
12. Who is beginning to be beaten again?
(a) Tar Baby
13. What is the weather like at the beginning of the year?
(b) Warm and sunny
(c) Wet and warm
(d) Cold and icy
14. How does Sula response to the attention that the groom gives to Nel?
(a) She loves it
(b) She doesn't notice it
(c) She ignores it
(d) She hates it
15. How long is it before Nel and Sula see each other again?
(a) 5 days
(b) 5 years
(c) 10 years
(d) 10 days
Short Answer Questions
1. Who just 'filled a space' for Sula?
2. What does Sula ask of Nel?
3. Who is immediately upset with Sula over not contacting her in a long time?
4. What does the groom do?
5. Who walks through the town to visit people at the nursing home?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)