|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sula learn of the man's real name?
(a) She asks Eva
(b) His driver's license
(c) She asks him
(d) She asks Nel
2. What do the marchers on National Suicide Day begin to do to the tunnel?
(a) Block it off
(b) Paint it
(c) Destroy it
(d) Build it
3. How does Sula response to the attention that the groom gives to Nel?
(a) She hates it
(b) She doesn't notice it
(c) She ignores it
(d) She loves it
4. What is Eva's foot stuffed into?
(a) A mitten
(b) A pillow
(c) A bandage
(d) A slipper
5. Things are changing in town: many colored people now ____________.
(a) Have rights
(b) Have children
(c) Have jobs
(d) Have cars
6. What is the weather like at the beginning of the year?
(b) Cold and icy
(c) Wet and warm
(d) Warm and sunny
7. Who always overlooks the groom for work?
(a) The vet offices
(b) The white physician
(c) The gang boss
(d) The schools
8. Who has been arrested for causing an accident, according to Sula's visitor from #139?
(a) The Deweys
(b) Tar Baby
9. What does Eva do to try to protect herself?
(a) Locks her door
(b) Moves away
(c) Ignores Sula
(d) Calls the police
10. Who is ringing the bell as the tunnel collapses?
(a) Tar Baby
11. Where is work promised for the people of the town?
(a) On the docks
(b) At the railroad
(c) At the boardwalk
(d) On the new tunnel
12. What happens to Nel's husband?
(a) He tries to apologize to Nel, but she doesn't accept it.
(b) He leaves her
(c) He is killed
(d) He disappears
13. What does Nel tell Sula at the end of their conversation?
(a) She will probably not be back
(b) She hates her
(c) She loved her
(d) She wished she never came
14. What causes the town to revert to its old ways?
(a) The ice storm that keeps people inside
(b) Sula's death
(c) Nel's outburst
(d) Shadrack's National Suicide Day march
15. Where does Nel get married?
(a) Her mother's house
(b) Eva's house
(c) Sula's house
(d) Pearl's backyard
Short Answer Questions
1. How many colored women reside at the nursing home?
2. What does Nel want in her life to help her through her marriage's breakup?
3. What is something people do NOT notice about Sula that makes her different?
4. What happens to Medallion when the rain falls and freezes?
5. Who does Nel realize can not make important decisions for herself?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)