|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nel practice asking when she goes to visit Sula?
(a) If she feels guilty about Chicken Little
(b) If she is really as coldhearted as she seems
(c) If there is anything she can do
(d) If she is having an affair
2. What happens to Nel's husband?
(a) He disappears
(b) He leaves her
(c) He tries to apologize to Nel, but she doesn't accept it.
(d) He is killed
3. Who does Sula help in the wedding planning?
(d) Mrs. Wright
4. Who does Nel realize can not make important decisions for herself?
5. Where is work promised for the people of the town?
(a) On the docks
(b) At the boardwalk
(c) On the new tunnel
(d) At the railroad
6. What causes the town to revert to its old ways?
(a) Sula's death
(b) The ice storm that keeps people inside
(c) Nel's outburst
(d) Shadrack's National Suicide Day march
7. Who does Nel marry?
(a) Wiley Wright
(b) Jude Greene
8. Everything that everyone does is a sign they love __________.
(a) To get ahead
(b) The Blackman
(c) Their own best interests
(d) The world
9. Who is immediately upset with Sula over not contacting her in a long time?
10. Who had to come in to take care of Sula's arrangements?
(b) The police
(d) White people
11. Where is Nel working?
(a) At the boardinghouse
(b) She isn't.
(c) At the hotel as a chambermaid
(d) At the local hospital
12. What does Eva say makes Nel just as guilty as Sula for Chicken Little's murder?
(a) She laughed
(b) She planned it
(c) She watched
(d) She was there
13. What is Eva's foot stuffed into?
(a) A bandage
(b) A pillow
(c) A slipper
(d) A mitten
14. Who does Sula have a dream about after Nel leaves?
(a) Baking Powder Lady
(c) A woman in a red dress
(d) Chicken Little
15. What is the real name of the man that visits Sula?
(d) A. Jacks
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is building big hoses on the hills?
2. What does Eva do to try to protect herself?
3. What does Sula get over her grandmother?
4. Who does Sula have an affair with?
5. What kind of prescription does Sula need?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)