|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sula unrepentant about her affair? Why does she think Nel should just get over it?
(a) Because they had been such good friends
(b) Because it didn't mean anything
(c) Because she is sorry
(d) Because it's been so long
2. What happens to Medallion when the rain falls and freezes?
(a) It turns silver
(b) It begins to disappear
(c) It becomes uninhabitable
(d) It is forgotten
3. Who just 'filled a space' for Sula?
4. Who is immediately upset with Sula over not contacting her in a long time?
5. How long is it before Nel and Sula see each other again?
(a) 10 days
(b) 5 days
(c) 5 years
(d) 10 years
6. What does Sula get over her grandmother?
(a) Her own boardinghouse
(b) Monetary leadership
(c) The house
7. What kind of role does the groom feel he will have when he marries Nel?
(a) A dominant role
(b) A submissive role
(c) A manly role
(d) A society accepted role
8. How does Sula learn of the man's real name?
(a) His driver's license
(b) She asks him
(c) She asks Eva
(d) She asks Nel
9. Sula has Eva _________.
10. Who is ringing the bell as the tunnel collapses?
(d) Tar Baby
11. Who does Nel realize can not make important decisions for herself?
12. What kind of prescription does Sula need?
(a) Pain killers
(b) Mood elevators
13. What does Nel tell Sula at the end of their conversation?
(a) She will probably not be back
(b) She loved her
(c) She wished she never came
(d) She hates her
14. Who always overlooks the groom for work?
(a) The schools
(b) The gang boss
(c) The white physician
(d) The vet offices
15. What does Nel not want Sula to do?
(a) Committ suicide
(b) Take the medicine
(c) Stay in the house alone
(d) Get better
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sula have a dream about after Nel leaves?
2. Everything that everyone does is a sign they love __________.
3. What does the groom do?
4. Who can now live at the retirement home?
5. Whose funeral begins the chapter?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)