|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of the year?
(a) Warm and sunny
(c) Wet and warm
(d) Cold and icy
2. Sula and Nel have always been known to be as ________.
3. Everything that everyone does is a sign they love __________.
(a) The Blackman
(b) The world
(c) Their own best interests
(d) To get ahead
4. What happens to Medallion when the rain falls and freezes?
(a) It is forgotten
(b) It begins to disappear
(c) It becomes uninhabitable
(d) It turns silver
5. What does Eva say makes Nel just as guilty as Sula for Chicken Little's murder?
(a) She laughed
(b) She planned it
(c) She was there
(d) She watched
6. Who is now the target of nasty rumors?
7. What is one of the rumors about the answer to #133?
(a) She eats too much
(b) She is dying
(c) He has a deal with the devil
(d) She sleeps with white men
8. No one did a thing about Sula's death until ________ called the police and the hospital.
9. What does Nel visit on the way home?
(a) The market
(b) The cemetary
(c) The church
(d) The ice cream parlor
10. Sula says she may be __________, but she has lived a full life.
(a) A bad person
(c) A crazy woman
(d) Going down
11. What causes the town to revert to its old ways?
(a) Sula's death
(b) Nel's outburst
(c) The ice storm that keeps people inside
(d) Shadrack's National Suicide Day march
12. Sula returns to Medallion accompanied by a plague of __________.
13. Who just 'filled a space' for Sula?
14. Who always overlooks the groom for work?
(a) The vet offices
(b) The gang boss
(c) The schools
(d) The white physician
15. What does Nel feel Eva is?
(a) Evil and spiteful
(b) A crazy old bat
(c) Just like Sula
(d) Full of good intentions
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sula learn of the man's real name?
2. How many colored women reside at the nursing home?
3. Who is the boy who comes to Sula's door to ask for bottles?
4. What is the real name of the man that visits Sula?
5. Where is Eva going to go, per Sula?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)