|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nel not want Sula to do?
(a) Committ suicide
(b) Get better
(c) Take the medicine
(d) Stay in the house alone
2. Who has been arrested for causing an accident, according to Sula's visitor from #139?
(c) The Deweys
(d) Tar Baby
3. What causes the town to revert to its old ways?
(a) Sula's death
(b) The ice storm that keeps people inside
(c) Nel's outburst
(d) Shadrack's National Suicide Day march
4. Who does Nel marry?
(b) Jude Greene
(c) Wiley Wright
5. What does Sula insist on being in the wedding?
(a) The only bridesmaid
(b) The matron of honor
(c) The maid of honor
(d) The ringbearer
6. What happens to Nel's husband?
(a) He tries to apologize to Nel, but she doesn't accept it.
(b) He is killed
(c) He disappears
(d) He leaves her
7. Who does Nel realize can not make important decisions for herself?
8. Who had to come in to take care of Sula's arrangements?
(a) White people
(c) The police
9. How many colored women reside at the nursing home?
10. Who comes to Sula's door, bringing her milk bottles?
(a) Tar Baby
11. Who walks through the town to visit people at the nursing home?
12. Sula has Eva _________.
13. Things are changing in town: many colored people now ____________.
(a) Have rights
(b) Have jobs
(c) Have children
(d) Have cars
14. Who is immediately upset with Sula over not contacting her in a long time?
15. What is the real name of the man that visits Sula?
(a) A. Jacks
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is work promised for the people of the town?
2. What is one of the rumors about the answer to #133?
3. What does Sula ask of Nel?
4. How does Sula learn of the man's real name?
5. What does Sula come to understand that she wants to tell Nel?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)