|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1919.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is Shadrack driven in order to get back home?
(a) He isn't driven anywhere
(b) 22 miles
(c) 1 mile
(d) 10 miles
2. Where did the white farmer say the land was fertile and rich, so the slaves should go there, even though that's not where they ended up?
(a) The fields
(b) The valley
(c) The plains
(d) The hills
3. What does Shadrack remember the river being full of?
4. What is the name of the town in which the story takes place?
(c) Sweet Meadows
5. What is the town being destroyed to make room for?
(a) A city golf course
(b) A theme park
(c) A shopping mall
(d) An apartment complex
Short Answer Questions
1. The slaves did the work and then asked for the "_________."
2. What did the farmer compare the land to?
3. What is the name of the neighborhood in which most of the story takes place?
4. Where does Shadrack find himself when he opens his eyes?
5. What is waiting for Shadrack when he wakes up?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)