|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Viscountess Montmort discover on her nighttime walk around her property?
(a) That she is being robbed.
(b) That her prized chickens are ill.
(c) Madeleine and Kurt Bonnet kissing.
(d) A hurt German soldier.
2. Who does Lucile observe are the only ones that are totally free?
(a) The dogs.
(b) The children.
(c) The German soldiers.
(d) The Viscount and Viscountess.
3. Who comes to the Angellier house to ask Bruno to recover some possessions from their house for them?
(a) Madeleine Saberie and Benoit.
(b) The Perrin women.
(c) Charles Langelet and Florence.
(d) The Pericands.
4. What does the German officer request from the Angellier women?
(a) Complete silence so he can review his battles.
(b) The key to the library and the piano.
(c) A large, gourmet dinner.
(d) Their company in the sitting room.
5. What does the woman on the farm hope for in exchange for taking care of Jean-Marie Michaud?
(a) The safe return of her own son.
(b) For Jean-Marie to marry her daughter.
(c) A reimbursement of the money when he is well.
(d) For Jean-Marie to work in the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the German soldiers having their party?
2. Who did Lucile and Madame Angellier briefly house during their exodus from Paris?
3. Why is the Viscountess de Montmort holding a meeting with the village women and the farmers' wives?
4. What do the German soldiers go around asking the villagers for?
5. What is the name of the village that the Angellier's live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene of the German soldiers in Bussy.
2. Describe the character of Benoit Sabarie.
3. What is Benoit's attitude toward Madeleine's interest in things outside the farm and why?
4. How does Charlotte Pericand react when she sees Hubert and realizes that he is not dead?
5. What does Lucile decide to do about Benoit as the Germans are leaving?
6. What is the atmosphere on the farm where Jean-Marie Michaud is staying?
7. How has the war affected Corbin and Count de Furieres differently?
8. Who does Gabriel Corte meet in the bar while at the luxury hotel, and what conclusion does he draw from being amongst these people?
9. Why do the Germans have a party and what are the feelings of the French villagers about it?
10. What does Benoit come to the Angellier house to ask and why? What is the response to his favor?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)