|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Germans go to arrest Benoit for?
(a) Escaping from prison.
(b) Having a gun.
(c) Fighting with a German soldier.
(d) Stealing food.
2. Where does Lucile invite Bruno to work after he is smoked out of his room?
(a) The garden.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The dining room.
3. What has happened to Lucile Angellier's husband?
(a) He has run off with another woman.
(b) He died in a car accident.
(c) He works on a farm in a neighboring village.
(d) He is a prisoner of war.
4. What does Madame Angellier catch Lucile doing in regards to the German officer?
(a) She catches Lucile in bed with the officer.
(b) She sees Lucile cooking the officer dinner.
(c) She sees Lucile kissing the officer.
(d) She sees Lucile reading to the officer.
5. What does Bruno warn Lucile about Kurt Bonnet?
(a) That he is cruel and might kill Benoit.
(b) That he might become involved with Madeleine.
(c) That he is planning to come after Lucile.
(d) That he loves animals and might steal her cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what ancestry is the German soldier staying at the Sabarie Farm?
2. Where does the fish that Benoit presents to Lucile come from?
3. Who is Gabriel Corte disturbed to hear has fled to Portugal?
4. Who does Lucile observe are the only ones that are totally free?
5. In Chapter 28, who is mentioned that is taken prisoner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the marriage between Lucile and Gaston Angellier?
2. What happens to the relationship between the French villagers and the German soldiers after the incident involving Benoit?
3. What is the atmosphere on the farm where Jean-Marie Michaud is staying?
4. Describe the Viscountess Montmort.
5. What does Benoit come to the Angellier house to ask and why? What is the response to his favor?
6. Describe the character of Benoit Sabarie.
7. Why do the Perrin women come back to the village and pay a visit to the Angellier house?
8. Why are the Germans going to arrest Benoit and what happens when they arrive at the Sabarie house?
9. What happens to Madame Angellier as Lucile and Bruno become closer?
10. What factors in to Lucile Angellier's decision to ultimately reject Bruno von Falk?
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)