|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Germans preparing to celebrate?
(a) The life of their fallen comrade.
(b) The promotion of an officer.
(c) The birthday of Bruno von Falk.
(d) The anniversary of their arrival in France.
2. What is the name of Lucile Angellier's husband?
3. What does Bruno tell Lucile as they are saying goodbye?
(a) She is not allowed to go to Paris.
(b) He loves her.
(c) His uncle in Paris will help her in any way.
(d) He wants her to come with him.
4. Which of the following contribute to Lucile rejecting Bruno's advances?
(a) Bruno's angry disposition.
(b) Her decision to hide Benoit.
(c) Her decison to become a nun.
(d) Her shy nature.
5. What does Madame Angellier note while she is watching the village from her bedroom window?
(a) Lucile has been kissing Bruno.
(b) The villagers are stealing from the Germans.
(c) The villagers have decided to fight the Germans.
(d) All the important people have yielded to the Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Benoit concerned about regarding Madeleine?
2. What are the German soldier requisitioning from the French villagers in Chapter 17?
3. What family did the Count de Furieres marry into?
4. Who does Gabriel Corte witness being refused lodging at the luxury hotel?
5. In Chapter 26, what is becoming a source of concern for the townspeople?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Gabriel Corte and Florence do when they are shown to their rooms in the luxury hotel?
2. What does Benoit come to the Angellier house to ask and why? What is the response to his favor?
3. What is the nature of the marriage between Lucile and Gaston Angellier?
4. Why do the Germans have a party and what are the feelings of the French villagers about it?
5. What factors in to Lucile Angellier's decision to ultimately reject Bruno von Falk?
6. Describe the scene of the German soldiers in Bussy.
7. What happens to Charles Langelet in Chapter 29, and why is it ironic at this point?
8. Describe the Viscountess Montmort.
9. What happens to the careers of the Michauds, and what do they do about it?
10. What happens between the Viscountess de Montmort and Benoit while the Viscountess is out on one of her nighttime walks?
This section contains 1,253 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)