|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the German troops arrive at the Angellier's village?
(a) During Easter Sunday church services.
(b) During Christmas church services.
(c) In the middle of the night on New Year's Day.
(d) During a busy working day for the farmers.
2. What does Lucile ask Bruno for as he is preparing to leave?
(a) A pardon for Benoit.
(b) Some money.
(c) A travel pass and a petrol coupon.
(d) A kiss.
3. In Chapter 28, who is mentioned that is taken prisoner?
(a) Jeanne Michaud's father.
(b) The Count de Furieres' chaffeur.
(c) Corbin's wife.
(d) The Count de Furieres' son.
4. What does Madame Angellier catch Lucile doing in regards to the German officer?
(a) She sees Lucile reading to the officer.
(b) She sees Lucile cooking the officer dinner.
(c) She catches Lucile in bed with the officer.
(d) She sees Lucile kissing the officer.
5. In Chapter 27, why does Gabriel Corte shed a tear?
(a) Because many people have died along the road.
(b) Because he is relieved to have a place to stay.
(c) Because art is dying along with France.
(d) Because the people of France are displaced.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Maurice Michaud injured?
2. What does the Viscountess Montmort discover on her nighttime walk around her property?
3. What does the Viscountess ask of Madame Angellier?
4. What sight in the bar in Paris cheers up Charles Langelet?
5. In Chapter 26, what is becoming a source of concern for the townspeople?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the atmosphere on the farm where Jean-Marie Michaud is staying?
2. What is the nature of the marriage between Lucile and Gaston Angellier?
3. Before Charlotte Pericand learns that Hubert is still alive, how does she react to the deaths of her sons?
4. What do Gabriel Corte and Florence do when they are shown to their rooms in the luxury hotel?
5. Why do the Perrin women come back to the village and pay a visit to the Angellier house?
6. What is the atmosphere of the town as the German's depart for Russia?
7. How does Charlotte Pericand react when she sees Hubert and realizes that he is not dead?
8. What does Lucile decide to do about Benoit as the Germans are leaving?
9. What is discussed in the conversation between Lucile and Madame Angellier after Madame Angellier discovers Lucile talking to Bruno for the first time?
10. Describe the scene of the German soldiers in Bussy.
This section contains 1,287 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)