|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benoit discuss with the German soldier who is staying at his farm?
2. What do the German soldiers go around asking the villagers for?
3. How is the Angellier house described?
(a) As the nicest one in the village.
(b) As a beautiful but quaint cottage.
(c) As a run down chateau.
(d) As the oldest one in the village.
4. What does Lucile want the freedom to do?
(a) To date Bruno.
(b) To decide her own future.
(c) To tell her mother-in-law how she feels.
(d) To cook whatever she pleases.
5. What family did the Count de Furieres marry into?
(a) The Craquant family.
(b) The Salomon-Worms family.
(c) The Pericand-Maltete family.
(d) The Angellier family.
6. What is the name of the German officer who moves into the Angelliers' home?
(a) Kurt von Falk.
(b) Rolf Schmit.
(c) Bruno Bonnet.
(d) Bruno von Falk.
7. Who does Lucile learn has been sleeping with a German soldier?
(a) Madeleine Sabarie.
(b) The waitress at the local bar.
(c) The cook.
(d) The dressmaker.
8. In Chapter 26, what is becoming a source of concern for the townspeople?
(a) The refugees.
(b) The birds.
(c) The school.
(d) The weather.
9. What does Lucile ask Bruno to do after he is smoked out of his room?
(a) Play the piano for her.
(b) Leave the house.
(c) Let her read his work.
(d) Clean the room when the smoke has cleared.
10. How is Bruno smoked out of his room?
(a) Madame Angellier has smoked him out.
(b) He has smoked his cigars without opening a window.
(c) His books have caught on fire.
(d) He has tried to light a fire in a dirty fireplace.
11. When was Maurice Michaud injured?
(a) On the job at Corbin's bank.
(b) On the way to Tours.
(c) In the explosion in the train station.
(d) In the war in 1914.
12. Who does Gabriel Corte have a conversation with at the luxury hotel about their respective work?
(a) A poet.
(b) A painter.
(c) A pianist.
(d) A playwright.
13. What do the Germans go to arrest Benoit for?
(a) Escaping from prison.
(b) Fighting with a German soldier.
(c) Having a gun.
(d) Stealing food.
14. How do the women of Lucile Angellier's village tend to behave towards the German soldiers?
(a) They ignore them.
(b) They spy on them.
(c) They are social with them.
(d) They are rude to them.
15. What is the name of Lucile Angellier's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lucile consider seeking out in Paris to help Benoit?
2. Who comes to the Angellier house to ask Bruno to recover some possessions from their house for them?
3. Which of the following words best describes Madame Angellier?
4. What does Lucile tell Madame Angellier that her son is hiding in Dijon?
5. What does the Viscountess Montmort discover on her nighttime walk around her property?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)