|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the French women ask the German soldiers to do on the night of their party?
(a) To leave the town.
(b) To let them have a party as well.
(c) To share their food.
(d) To ignore the curfew.
2. Where does Lucile invite Bruno to work after he is smoked out of his room?
(a) The garden.
(b) The dining room.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The kitchen.
3. What does Madame Angellier note while she is watching the village from her bedroom window?
(a) The villagers are stealing from the Germans.
(b) Lucile has been kissing Bruno.
(c) The villagers have decided to fight the Germans.
(d) All the important people have yielded to the Germans.
4. Who does Gabriel Corte witness being refused lodging at the luxury hotel?
(a) Spanish women.
(b) A Swedish couple.
(c) American tourists.
(d) German soldiers.
5. What promise does Jean-Marie make to Madeleine?
(a) That he will take her to Paris.
(b) That he will return and marry her.
(c) That he will send her money.
(d) That he will remember her.
6. Who does Lucile consider seeking out in Paris to help Benoit?
(a) The Michauds.
(b) The Pericands.
(c) Charles Langelet.
(d) Arlette Corail.
7. What does the Viscount decide to do after the Viscountess tells him about Benoit's behavior?
(a) To go speak to Benoit.
(b) To put up signs in the yard with a warning.
(c) To go to German headquarters.
(d) To ignore his wife's irrational complaints.
8. How is Bruno smoked out of his room?
(a) He has tried to light a fire in a dirty fireplace.
(b) He has smoked his cigars without opening a window.
(c) His books have caught on fire.
(d) Madame Angellier has smoked him out.
9. What does the Viscountess ask of Madame Angellier?
(a) She asks for Lucile's company on her trip to Paris.
(b) She asks for support in the election.
(c) She asks for money for the poor.
(d) She asks for grain for her chickens.
10. In Chapter 26, what is becoming a source of concern for the townspeople?
(a) The weather.
(b) The school.
(c) The birds.
(d) The refugees.
11. Which of the following is NOT used by Charlotte Pericand to describe her sons to her other crying children after she learns of their deaths?
(d) Good Frenchmen.
12. How are Gabriel Corte and Florence treated when they arrive at the luxury hotel?
(a) They are given the last room that is left.
(b) They are turned away as there are no rooms left.
(c) They are treated very rudely and end up leaving.
(d) They are recognized and treated as celebrities.
13. Which of the following contribute to Lucile rejecting Bruno's advances?
(a) Her decision to hide Benoit.
(b) Her shy nature.
(c) Her decison to become a nun.
(d) Bruno's angry disposition.
14. Who does Gabriel Corte have a conversation with at the luxury hotel about their respective work?
(a) A poet.
(b) A pianist.
(c) A painter.
(d) A playwright.
15. What is the name of Lucile Angellier's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. After he returns to his family, what does Hubert's presence in church do?
2. How is the Angellier house described?
3. What does Madame Angellier want to do regarding Benoit?
4. What does Madame Angellier constantly remind Marthe of?
5. What does Lucile tell Madame Angellier that her son is hiding in Dijon?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)