|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Jean-Marie make to Madeleine?
(a) That he will remember her.
(b) That he will return and marry her.
(c) That he will take her to Paris.
(d) That he will send her money.
2. Who does the soldier staying at the Sabarie farm have a great compassion for?
3. What does Madame Angellier want to do regarding Benoit?
(a) She wants him out of the house.
(b) She wants Lucile to hide him.
(c) She wants to hide him in her own room.
(d) She wants to tell Bruno where he is.
4. What sight in the bar in Paris cheers up Charles Langelet?
(a) A small sable-skin hat worn by a woman in his group.
(b) The delicious hors d'oeuvres served to his group.
(c) The smile of a beautiful woman sitting next to him.
(d) The bartender giving a free drink to a refugee.
5. What does Lucile tell Madame Angellier that her son is hiding in Dijon?
(a) A mistress and a child.
(b) A house he and Lucile plan to move into after the war.
(c) A large amount of money.
(d) A new car.
6. What kind of gifts does Bruno give to Marthe?
(d) Fruit and bread.
7. What does Madeleine ask Lucile to do when she comes to visit Lucile?
(a) To hide Benoit.
(b) To run away with her.
(c) To give her any extra food they may have.
(d) To ask Bruno to pardon Benoit.
8. After he returns to his family, what does Hubert's presence in church do?
(a) Inspires people to fight the Germans.
(b) Makes the townspeople believe in ghosts.
(c) Causes more grief for his mother.
(d) Gives hope to the mothers of missing soldiers.
9. What are the Germans preparing to celebrate?
(a) The birthday of Bruno von Falk.
(b) The life of their fallen comrade.
(c) The promotion of an officer.
(d) The anniversary of their arrival in France.
10. What are the Michauds astonished to find in Chapter 28?
(a) That their apartment is still in tact.
(b) That a wealthy patron has left them a bunch of money.
(c) That their son is waiting for them.
(d) That they still have jobs.
11. What does the Viscountess Montmort discover on her nighttime walk around her property?
(a) Madeleine and Kurt Bonnet kissing.
(b) That she is being robbed.
(c) A hurt German soldier.
(d) That her prized chickens are ill.
12. What do the German soldiers go around asking the villagers for?
13. What happens to Charles Langelet in Chapter 29?
(a) His maid murders him to steal his money.
(b) He is accompanied to dinner by a beautiful lady.
(c) He loses his prized possessions.
(d) He is hit by a car and killed.
14. What do the French women ask the German soldiers to do on the night of their party?
(a) To share their food.
(b) To let them have a party as well.
(c) To leave the town.
(d) To ignore the curfew.
15. What does Lucile ask Bruno to do after he is smoked out of his room?
(a) Leave the house.
(b) Play the piano for her.
(c) Let her read his work.
(d) Clean the room when the smoke has cleared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the Viscountess de Montmort?
2. What does Madame Angellier constantly remind Marthe of?
3. Which of the following best describes Charlotte Pericand's mother?
4. What does the German officer request from the Angellier women?
5. How are Gabriel Corte and Florence treated when they arrive at the luxury hotel?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)