|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the French women ask the German soldiers to do on the night of their party?
(a) To ignore the curfew.
(b) To share their food.
(c) To let them have a party as well.
(d) To leave the town.
2. What does Lucile ask Bruno to do after he is smoked out of his room?
(a) Play the piano for her.
(b) Let her read his work.
(c) Clean the room when the smoke has cleared.
(d) Leave the house.
3. What is Charlotte Pericand's mother's name?
(a) Madame Langelet.
(b) Madame Craquant.
(c) Madame Maltete.
(d) Madame Angellier.
4. Who is Marthe?
(a) The Angelliers' cook.
(b) Bruno's wife.
(c) The Montmorts' maid.
(d) The Angelliers' maid.
5. How much does Count de Furieres agree to pay the Michauds?
(a) Six months of their salary.
(b) One month of their salary.
(d) Three months of their salary.
6. What is revealed about Lucile's husband that she feels indifferent about?
(a) He has been having a long-term affair with another woman.
(b) He has no desire to have children with her.
(c) He wants to be mayor of the village.
(d) He is very ugly.
7. What are the Michauds astonished to find in Chapter 28?
(a) That they still have jobs.
(b) That a wealthy patron has left them a bunch of money.
(c) That their son is waiting for them.
(d) That their apartment is still in tact.
8. Which of the following is NOT used by Charlotte Pericand to describe her sons to her other crying children after she learns of their deaths?
(c) Good Frenchmen.
9. Who does Lucile learn has been sleeping with a German soldier?
(a) The cook.
(b) Madeleine Sabarie.
(c) The waitress at the local bar.
(d) The dressmaker.
10. What does Madeleine ask Lucile to do when she comes to visit Lucile?
(a) To hide Benoit.
(b) To run away with her.
(c) To give her any extra food they may have.
(d) To ask Bruno to pardon Benoit.
11. What has happened to Lucile Angellier's husband?
(a) He works on a farm in a neighboring village.
(b) He is a prisoner of war.
(c) He has run off with another woman.
(d) He died in a car accident.
12. Which of the following best describes the Viscountess de Montmort?
13. What does Lucile tell Madame Angellier that her son is hiding in Dijon?
(a) A house he and Lucile plan to move into after the war.
(b) A new car.
(c) A large amount of money.
(d) A mistress and a child.
14. How is the Viscountess dressed when she pays a visit to Madame and Lucile Angellier?
(a) In peasant clothes.
(b) In an evening gown.
(c) In her finest attire.
(d) In an outfit she wears to church.
15. What is the name of Lucile Angellier's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lucile observe are the only ones that are totally free?
2. When do the German troops arrive at the Angellier's village?
3. Who does Lucile consider seeking out in Paris to help Benoit?
4. What does Benoit accuse the Viscountess and her husband of?
5. Which of the following best describes Charlotte Pericand's mother?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)