|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What couple is introduced in Chapter 5?
(a) The Langelets.
(b) The Michauds.
(c) The Angelliers.
(d) The Johnsons.
2. What does the senior Monsieur Pericand realize he needs to do once he is wrapped up and put in the car?
(a) He needs to use the bathroom.
(b) He needs to check his luggage.
(c) He forgot his cat.
(d) He is tired.
3. What does the hotel room that Gabriel Corte refuses to take look out on?
(a) A church.
(b) A petrol depot.
(c) A school.
(d) The highway.
4. What does Gabriel Corte have a sudden urgent desire to do when the refugees are caught in the crossfire between the French and Germans?
(a) To run away by himself.
(b) To join the French in the fight.
(c) To help the wounded refugees.
(d) To save Florence's life.
5. Where does Gabriel Corte end up sleeping after he refuses his hotel room?
(a) On the grass outside.
(b) In another room.
(c) In his car.
(d) At a friend's house.
6. What institute does the Pericand family contribute money to?
(a) The art museum of Paris.
(b) The Children's Home for unfortunate children.
(c) The French national music school.
(d) The Paris prison.
7. What is the name of the valet in Chapter 3?
8. Who does the elder Monsieur Pericand ask for in Chapter 23?
(a) The priest.
(c) The notary.
(d) His maid.
9. Which of the Pericand children guards the cat and is afraid of losing him?
10. Where are Gabriel and Florence driving toward?
11. Who does Jeanne Michaud often thinks she sees on her way to Tours?
(a) German troops.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
12. What is Charles Langelet doing when he is introduced in Chapter 7?
(a) He is calling his friends to find a place to stay.
(b) He is loading clothes in his car.
(c) He is cooking a large dinner.
(d) He is packing his valuable possessions.
13. What is item is NOT included in the Pericands' packed car in Chapter 6?
(a) A dog.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A pram.
14. How are the Michauds ultimately forced to travel to Tours?
(a) They have to walk.
(b) They have to ride their bicycles.
(c) They will ride in another car.
(d) They will take the train.
15. Who has a fondness for champagne and fruit?
(a) Gabriel Corte.
(b) Hubert Pericand.
(c) Charles Langelet.
(d) Philippe Pericand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dangerous area is Father Philippe Pericand trying to avoid?
2. What does Philippe's father do for a living?
3. After running out of fuel, why is Charles Langelet afraid to leave his car?
4. What is the name of the Pericands' cat?
5. What character is introduced in Chapter 3?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)