|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Dolce: Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what is becoming a source of concern for the townspeople?
(a) The refugees.
(b) The birds.
(c) The weather.
(d) The school.
2. What is the mood among the German soldiers when they arrive in the Angelliers' village?
3. Who does Gabriel Corte have a conversation with at the luxury hotel about their respective work?
(a) A playwright.
(b) A poet.
(c) A pianist.
(d) A painter.
4. What does the Viscountess ask of Madame Angellier?
(a) She asks for money for the poor.
(b) She asks for support in the election.
(c) She asks for Lucile's company on her trip to Paris.
(d) She asks for grain for her chickens.
5. What have the local stores run out of in the small town the Pericands are in?
(b) Gun powder.
(c) Food supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does the father tell the mother that the family must do?
2. Which of the Pericand children guards the cat and is afraid of losing him?
3. At the beginning of the novel, what are the citizens waking up to prepare for?
4. Where is the elder Monsieur Pericand taken when he is found after the Pericands flee the burning village?
5. Who does the elder Monsieur Pericand ask for in Chapter 23?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)