|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Storm In June: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of the novel, what phrase do the younger children quote from their lesson?
(a) "Two times two is four."
(b) "France fought Germany in a war in 1914."
(c) "The earth is a sphere that sits on absolutely nothing."
(d) "The capital of France is Paris."
2. What does a passing soldier offer to Florence?
(a) A flower.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A sum of money.
(d) A bowl of soup.
3. How does Charles Langelet feel about the young couple that he meets?
(a) They are con artists.
(b) They are decent people.
(c) They are too young to drive.
(d) They will steal his money.
4. Why can't Hubert help in the fighting at the Allier River?
(a) He has no weapon.
(b) He doesn't know how to fire a gun.
(c) He gets hurt.
(d) He is too scared.
5. Who is occupying the Michauds' seats when they reach the car they are to travel to Tours in?
(a) Corbin's wife.
(b) Charles Langelet and his maid.
(c) Hubert Pericand.
(d) Arlette Corail and her dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the senior Monsieur Pericand realize he needs to do once he is wrapped up and put in the car?
2. What makes Hortense cry with pain in her heart?
3. Who is Monsieur Corbin?
4. What is the name of the mother of the family in Chapter 2?
5. What does Hubert decide he wants to do concerning the impending invasion of the Germans?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)