|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Storm In June: Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Hortense cry with pain in her heart?
(a) The news of the death of her father.
(b) The fact that Gabriel Corte ignores her.
(c) The intense hunger pangs she feels from lack of food.
(d) The rumor that the Germans marched into Paris.
2. What is item is NOT included in the Pericands' packed car in Chapter 6?
(a) A dog.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A pram.
3. What does the couple in Chapter 5 do for a living?
(a) They work at a local restaurant.
(b) They are servants for a wealthy family.
(c) They work for a bank.
(d) They are bakers.
4. Why can't Hubert help in the fighting at the Allier River?
(a) He doesn't know how to fire a gun.
(b) He gets hurt.
(c) He is too scared.
(d) He has no weapon.
5. What is Charles Langelet doing when he is introduced in Chapter 7?
(a) He is packing his valuable possessions.
(b) He is cooking a large dinner.
(c) He is calling his friends to find a place to stay.
(d) He is loading clothes in his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madame Pericand speak to her son, Hubert?
2. What institute does the Pericand family contribute money to?
3. What character is introduced in Chapter 3?
4. Where does Gabriel Corte end up sleeping after he refuses his hotel room?
5. Who is occupying the Michauds' seats when they reach the car they are to travel to Tours in?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)