|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Storm In June: Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character is introduced in Chapter 13?
(a) Benoit Sabarie.
(b) Jean Marie Michaud.
(c) Bruno von Falk.
(d) Lucile Angellier.
2. What is Charles Langelet doing when he is introduced in Chapter 7?
(a) He is loading clothes in his car.
(b) He is calling his friends to find a place to stay.
(c) He is cooking a large dinner.
(d) He is packing his valuable possessions.
3. What have the traveling refugees begun to do in Chapter 19?
(a) Make new homes.
(b) Return to Paris.
(c) Side with the Germans.
(d) Flee further into the countryside.
4. In Chapter 13, what does the young girl of the house do that soothes the soldier?
(a) She plays his favorite song on the piano.
(b) She puts fresh cherries next to his cheek.
(c) She writes a letter to his mother for him.
(d) She sings folk songs to him.
5. What does the hotel room that Gabriel Corte refuses to take look out on?
(a) A petrol depot.
(b) A school.
(c) A church.
(d) The highway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Hubert help in the fighting at the Allier River?
2. Where does Jeanne Michaud lead the stray children who are separated from their mothers?
3. What does a thief steal from Gabriel and Florence?
4. What does the senior Monsieur Pericand realize he needs to do once he is wrapped up and put in the car?
5. What is the condition of the soldier in Chapter 13?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)