|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Dolce: Chapters 11, 12, 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Father Philippe and the boys eat before they camp for the night?
(a) Sandwiches they have brought with them.
(b) Fish out of the stream.
(c) Vegetables growing nearby.
(d) Strawberries from the garden.
2. Where does Lucile invite Bruno to work after he is smoked out of his room?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The garden.
3. Why can't the director of the Children's Home evacuate the children from Paris?
(a) He has to attend to his sick wife.
(b) He has resigned his position.
(c) He is afraid to leave Paris.
(d) He is in the hospital.
4. Which of the following does does Arlette Corail express confidence in?
(a) That she will marry Hubert Pericand.
(b) That Corbin will be waiting for her in Paris.
(c) The French defeating the Germans.
(d) Her ability to survive the war and come out ahead.
5. What does the hotel room that Gabriel Corte refuses to take look out on?
(a) A church.
(b) The highway.
(c) A school.
(d) A petrol depot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women of Lucile Angellier's village tend to behave towards the German soldiers?
2. What makes Hortense cry with pain in her heart?
3. Where is the elder Monsieur Pericand taken when he is found after the Pericands flee the burning village?
4. Who does the soldier staying at the Sabarie farm have a great compassion for?
5. What is the name of the young nun that goes to fetch Maitre Charboeuf?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)