|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Storm In June: Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the traveling refugees begun to do in Chapter 19?
(a) Side with the Germans.
(b) Flee further into the countryside.
(c) Return to Paris.
(d) Make new homes.
2. What is Gabriel Corte's concern about his writing?
(a) That he will have to change his personal writing style.
(b) That no one will be interested in his writing anymore.
(c) That his publisher has fled France and may not return.
(d) That all his manuscripts will be laughed at.
3. What is Arlette Corail concerned that it will be difficult to obtain?
(b) French perfume.
(c) A new boyfriend.
(d) American makeup.
4. What character is introduced in Chapter 13?
(a) Benoit Sabarie.
(b) Lucile Angellier.
(c) Bruno von Falk.
(d) Jean Marie Michaud.
5. In Chapter 24, what does Jean-Marie Michaud do when one of the young women's faces comes close to his?
(a) He kisses her cheek.
(b) He whispers in her ear.
(c) He slaps her face.
(d) He smells her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young nun that goes to fetch Maitre Charboeuf?
2. Who does Gabriel Corte have a conversation with at the luxury hotel about their respective work?
3. What is the condition of the soldier in Chapter 13?
4. How are the Michauds ultimately forced to travel to Tours?
5. Who does Gabriel Corte witness being refused lodging at the luxury hotel?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)