Part 1, Storm In June: Chapters 1 and 2
• In Paris, the citizens are waking up to prepare for an air raid and the city is full of anxious energy as the war and impending danger move closer.
• The Pericands, an upper middle-class family, are introduced. The family consists of Adrien Pericand, curator of the national museum, Charlotte, his wife, and their sons, Phillipe, a Catholic priest, Hubert, a boy of seventeen, and three younger children.
• As Charlotte and her servants wonder how seriously to take radio reports of approaching bombing, Adrien Pericand tells his wife privately that she must pack up the family and valuables and leave Paris.
Part 1, Storm In June: Chapters 3 and 4
• Gabriel Corte, a very wealthy writer, and his main mistress, Florence, are introduced.
• After Florence gets a call instructing them to leave their home, she packs up her jewelry and Gabriel's manuscripts to take on the...
This section contains 2,538 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)