|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Di Grasso is beloved by the people of where?
(b) New York.
2. What does the protagonist of A Lover's Ear always carry with her?
(a) A tooth pick.
(b) A coin.
(c) An earring.
(d) An ear pick.
3. Where is the author of Mr. and Mrs. Martins from?
4. Who is the author of The Last Days of a Famous Mime?
(a) Peter Carey.
(b) Nadine Gordimer.
(d) Daniel Boulanger.
5. Who is the author of the story Terminal?
(a) J. Bernlef.
(b) Margaret Atwood.
(c) Doris Lessing.
(d) Nadine Gordimer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of The Shoe Breaker?
2. Who asks her father to allow her to forsake company and go hunt in the wild in Orion?
3. Who is the author of The Explosion in the Parlor?
4. Who is the author of Disappearing?
5. Who wrote The Book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the central female character in Facing the Light send her servant away? What realization does she face?
2. What central theme do Disappearing, A Lover's Ear, and Facing the Light all share? How are their characters similar?
3. Who is the central character in There's a Man in the Habit of Hitting Me on the Head? What happens to him?
4. What does the central character in Arrest Me have as his objective? Why?
5. What physical ailment does the central character in Terminal suffer from?
6. What do Tancredi's two heads do once he grows up in Tancredi?
7. What takes place in Katya? Who are the characters and what actions do they take in the narrative?
8. How do the stories Emilie Plead Choose One Egg and The Grass-Eaters relate to one another?
9. Describe the structure and imagery in the stories Snow and The Explosion in the Parlor. How do these narratives relate thematically to the whole of the collection?
10. What is the theme of Lost Keys? Who is the central character?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)