|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eats a goat in the story Orion?
2. What is the setting of Looking for the Rain God?
(d) South Africa.
3. Who is the author of The Verb To Kill ?
(a) Yuan Ch'iung-Ch'iung.
(b) Jeannette Winterson.
(c) Denis Hirson.
(d) Luisa Valenzuela.
4. Who wrote There's a Man in the Habit of Hitting Me on the Head with an Umbrella?
(a) Paule Barton.
(b) J. Bernlef.
(c) Fernando Sorrentino.
(d) Nadine Gordimer.
5. What physical problem does the central character of Terminal suffer from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the story Terminal?
2. Who is the author of Looking for the Rain God?
3. What does the young boy borrow from his father in By the Creek?
4. Who wrote Bigfoot Stole My Wife?
5. The author of By the Creek is listed as being from the United States and where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the elderly couple in Mr. and Mrs. Martins prepare for death?
2. What is the back-story established in Orion? Who are the main characters?
3. What activity is the father of Las Papas doing in the narrative? What does he teach his son?
4. What takes place in Katya? Who are the characters and what actions do they take in the narrative?
5. How do Artemis and Orion meet in Orion? What is the outcome for the title character?
6. How does the story The Model reflect the theme of aging?
7. How does the central theme and structure of Looking for the Rain God relate to other stories in the collection?
8. Who are the characters in Emilie Plead Choose One Egg? What takes place in the story?
9. Why does the central female character in Facing the Light send her servant away? What realization does she face?
10. What memory is related in the story Snow?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)