|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Blue?
(a) David Brooks.
(b) Richard Brautigan.
(c) Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
(d) Hernán Lara Zavala.
2. The author of The Grass-Eaters hails from where?
(a) United States.
(b) New Zealand.
3. Who wrote The Grass-Eaters?
(a) David Brooks.
(b) Krishnan Varma.
(c) Richard Brautigan.
(d) Kenneth Bernard.
4. What does the old woman feed the meat to in the end of Weather in San Francisco?
5. The author of Homage to Isaac Babel is listed as being from England and where?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where is the author of House Opposite?
2. Who is the author of The Boy?
3. Where does the teacher go with the student in The Boy?
4. What is Gregory skilled at in the story with his name?
5. Who is the author of Preparations?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the central character in On Hope? What does his monkey bring to him?
2. What takes place in the story Homage to Isaac Babel? Who are the main characters?
3. What is the objective of the protagonist in The Laugher? When is he the happiest?
4. What happens once the inflatable elephant is built in The Elephant?
5. Who is the central character in La Volpaia? Who joins him on his journey?
6. How does On Hope end? Where is the gypsy in the end of the narrative?
7. What is the setting of The Falling Girl? Who is the central character and what action does she take in the beginning of the story?
8. Who is the central character in Love, Your Only Mother? What does she receive regularly in the mail?
9. What do the boy and his father go to do after getting his new cap in Blackberries? What does this lead to?
10. Describe the themes and political motif in One of These Days. What other story in the collection shares similar themes?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)