|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story of Happy Endings is structured similarly to what?
(a) Comic books.
(b) Illustrated children's books.
(c) Choose-your-own-adventure novels.
(d) Russian fairy tales.
2. Where does Blackberries take place?
(a) New Zealand.
3. The author of One of These Days hails from where?
(c) United States.
4. Who is the author of The Elephant?
(a) Mark Halplin.
(b) Heinrich Boll.
(c) Slawomir Mrozek.
(d) Jorge Luis Borges.
5. The author of The Elephant comes from where?
6. Where do they bury the player in Death of the Right Fielder?
(a) In a cemetery.
(b) Next to the field.
(c) In his backyard.
(d) On the field.
7. When do they bury the player in Death of the Right Fielder?
(c) 7 p.m.
8. In the second scenario presented in Happy Endings, who kills him/herself?
9. Who is the author of The Boy?
(a) Joyce Carol Oates.
(b) Mark Halprin.
(c) Aurelio Escovar.
(d) Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
10. What are the people like in the upper floors of the skyscraper in The Falling Girl?
(a) Old and feeble.
(b) Middle aged and bored.
(c) Young and rich.
(d) Young and poor.
11. Who saves the English lord's daughter in The Blue Jar?
(a) A hunter.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) A sailor.
12. The author of Love, Your Only Mother hails from where?
(b) United States.
(c) Great Britain.
13. With what teenage cousin does the author go for a visit in Homage to Isaac Babel?
14. Where is the author of Iguana Hunting from?
(d) United States.
15. Who is the author of The Grasshopper and the Bell Cricket?
(a) Julio Cortazar.
(b) Margaret Atwood.
(c) Joyce Carol Oates.
(d) Yasunari Kawabata.
Short Answer Questions
1. The characters in Homage to Isaac Babel see a melodramatic movie about what?
2. Who is the author of Iguana Hunting?
3. What is the subject of the lecture the older Borges discusses in August 25, 1983?
4. What inspires people to strip their houses of walls and roofs in Blue?
5. What kind of meat does the old woman order in Weather in San Francisco?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)