|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tancredi, Las Papas, The Black Dog, Snow, The Explosion in the Parlor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the cobbler awaiting in his shop in the beginning of The Shoe Breaker?
(a) A Baron.
(b) A Duke.
(c) A Prince.
(d) A King.
2. Who is the author of One of These Days?
(a) Jorge Luis Borges.
(b) Krishnan Varma.
(c) Joyce Carol Oates.
(d) Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
3. The characters in Homage to Isaac Babel see a melodramatic movie about what?
(a) World War II.
(c) The apocolypse.
(d) Capital punishment.
4. How old is the student in The Boy?
5. Who wrote the story La Volpaia?
(a) Yasunari Kawabata.
(b) Mark Helprin.
(c) Jamaica Kincaid.
(d) Joyce Carol Oates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Katya's lover in Katya?
2. What is the name of the central female character in Happy Endings?
3. Where is the author of Iguana Hunting from?
4. When was the author of Weather in San Francisco born?
5. What becomes ruined due to the boy and his father in Blackberries?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)