|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how much money does Gustad decide to deposit in the bank each day?
2. What is the name of Miss Kutpitia's nephew?
3. How many apartments does the Khodadad Building have?
4. What is the name of Mr. Rabadi's dog?
5. What is the prize for the raffle at Roshan's school, as discussed in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Paymaster talk about the Italian doll while he is examining Roshan, and what does he suggest will help the doll?
2. What is the state of Gustad's clothing? Why?
3. Describe Crawford Market.
4. Describe the bhaiya's job.
5. What are some of Tehmul's idiosyncrasies?
6. How does Dinshawji interact with Laurie Coutino, and for what purpose?
7. How does Ghulam Mohammed know Major Bilimoria, and what type of relationship do they have?
8. Why does Roshan's school hold a raffle?
9. Describe the plan that Major Bilimoria outlines for Gustad with regard to picking up the parcel.
10. What causes the crowd surrounding Gustad's accident to come to a heated debate with regard to the water seller?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In your opinion, which character in this story is the most villainous? Which character is the most heroic? Explain. Does the villain also have heroic qualities, and does the hero also have villainous qualities? Use details from the text to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
How does Dr. Paymaster symbolize tradition? How do his personal effects, habits, and setting reinforce that symbolism? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of religion in Gustad's life.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)