|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many apartments does the Khodadad Building have?
2. What do the Nobles put on their insect bites?
3. How long has Dinshawji worked for the bank?
4. What artistic medium is the pavement artist using in Chapter 10?
5. What does Gustad find at the antique booth in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Crawford Market.
2. Why is Dilnavaz upset that Gustad took tea with Ghulam Mohammed at the bookstall?
3. Describe what happened with Sohrab's endeavors in studying insects.
4. Describe Gustad's experience at the Chor Bazaar.
5. Why does Roshan's school hold a raffle?
6. What three things are worrying Gustad at the beginning of Chapter 9?
7. What is the state of Gustad's clothing? Why?
8. How does Gustad manage to get Friday afternoon off to go to the Chor Bazaar?
9. What is the plan that Gustad develops for dealing with Major Bilimoria's parcel, and who else is involved?
10. What are some of Tehmul's idiosyncrasies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role that newspapers have in the story. Stretch your thoughts to make a thorough analysis, and be sure to cite details from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How does Dr. Paymaster symbolize tradition? How do his personal effects, habits, and setting reinforce that symbolism? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Gustad's relationship with tradition and compare it with Sohrab's. How does each respond to the various symbols of tradition in the novel? Use examples from the book to support your assertions.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)