|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eventually succeeds in breaking up the argument between Gustad and Sohrab in Chapter 4?
2. How long have Gustad and Dilnavaz been married?
3. How long has Gustad worked for the bank?
4. What is Gustad doing in the first part of Chapter 1?
5. Who does Gustad receive a letter from in the second part of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dilnavaz upset that Gustad took tea with Ghulam Mohammed at the bookstall?
2. Describe Dr. Paymaster's neighborhood.
3. What happens to Miss Kutpitia's brother and nephew, and how does it affect Miss Kutpitia?
4. What happens to Gustad's father's property, and what parts of it remain in Gustad's care?
5. Describe the plan that Major Bilimoria outlines for Gustad with regard to picking up the parcel.
6. Why is there enmity between Gustad and his neighbor?
7. What does the notice that Gustad finds at the end of Chapter 1state? Why does it matter to the residents of the Khodadad Building?
8. Why does Tehmul want to talk with Gustad so urgently in Chapter 8?
9. Describe what happened with Sohrab's endeavors in studying insects.
10. What are some of Tehmul's idiosyncrasies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of religion in Gustad's life.
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, which character in this story is the most villainous? Which character is the most heroic? Explain. Does the villain also have heroic qualities, and does the hero also have villainous qualities? Use details from the text to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
How does the political and cultural setting influence the way the novel portrays Major Bilimoria? Explain.
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)