|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the artist notes in Chapter 13, Part 1, what does someone leave in front of Saraswati?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A note.
(c) A ten-rupee bill.
2. What does Major Bilimoria receive to treat his infection?
(a) Oral antibiotics.
(b) Bandages with antibiotic ointment.
3. In what country is Roshan's doll made?
(c) The United States.
4. What sound is present in the first sentence of Chapter 13?
(a) Birds singing.
(b) An air raid siren.
(d) A mandolin.
5. What painkiller does the hospital staff give Dinshawji before he dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which religious figure does the sidewalk artist first draw on the stone wall?
2. Who, along with Dr. Paymaster, leads the march?
3. What hits Tehmul in the head in Chapter 22?
4. Who visits Dilnavaz in Part 4 of Chapter 21?
5. What song does Roshan first sing for Dinshawji in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Nobles' medical expenses so high, and how do they pay them?
2. Why does Ghulam Mohammed tell Gustad that he needs to return the money immediately? How does he threaten Gustad?
3. Describe Gustad's interaction with the young man who sleeps in the luggage rack on the train.
4. Describe the morcha.
5. Why does Ghulam Mohammed not go inside the Tower of Silence for Major Bilimoria's funeral, and why does he not call Gustad to tell him of the Major's death?
6. Why does Tehmul get hit with a brick?
7. Why does Tehmul love the doll?
8. Describe Major Bilimoria's appearance in Chapter 18.
9. Why does the pavement artist draw sacred pictures, and what are his qualifications for doing so?
10. Describe Dinshawji's funeral.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)