|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Paymaster carry during the march?
(a) A gun.
(b) His medical bag.
(c) A walking stick.
(d) A flashlight.
2. Who is the "other patient" to whom Dr. Paymaster refers in Chapter 20?
(b) New York.
3. What nickname does Gustad have for Dinshawji?
(a) "Poet laureate."
(b) "Colonel General."
(c) "Hound dog."
(d) "Old coot."
4. What season is it in Chapter 15?
5. As mentioned in Chapter 20, which character has high blood pressure?
(c) Miss Kutpitia.
(d) Mr. Rabadi.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Gustad sell to pay Roshan's medical bills?
2. In what country is Roshan's doll made?
3. Who is Gustad going to meet at the House of Cages in Chapter 14?
4. At the end of Chapter 18, which country is India at war with?
5. What painkiller does the hospital staff give Dinshawji before he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the pavement artist at the end of the novel?
2. Describe the incident that occurs between the four children, the milk seller, and Gustad.
3. Where does Ghulam Mohammed meet Gustad in Chapter 16, and what does he request? How is his demeanor different in this chapter from other chapters?
4. Why does Tehmul get hit with a brick?
5. Describe Major Bilimoria's appearance in Chapter 18.
6. Describe Gustad's interaction with the young man who sleeps in the luggage rack on the train.
7. What happens in Farad's room between Miss Kutpitia, Dilnavaz, and Tehmul?
8. Why does the pavement artist draw sacred pictures, and what are his qualifications for doing so?
9. Describe Dinshawji's funeral.
10. Why are the Nobles' medical expenses so high, and how do they pay them?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)