|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the group that plans to tear down the black stone wall?
(a) Dr. Paymaster.
(b) Peerbhoy Panwalla.
(d) Miss Kutpitia.
2. Who does Gustad see outside the Tower of Silence?
(a) Mr. Madon.
(b) Ghulam Mohammed.
(c) Laurie Coutino.
(d) Dr. Paymaster.
3. In Chapter 14, who causes a disturbance at the House of Cages?
(a) Dr. Paymaster.
(c) Ghulam Mohammed.
4. In Part 2 of Chapter 19, what does Gustad carefully observe?
(a) The scenery between New Delhi and Bombay.
(b) The medications in the sideboard.
(c) The sacred paintings on the wall.
(d) Sohrab's entrance exam scores.
5. How long are visitors normally allowed at the prison where Major Bilimoria is being held?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) Ten minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits the Nobles' home in the beginning of Chapter 16?
2. Where does Gustad go in Chapter 15 in order to request healing for Roshan and Dinshawji?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 15, what animal does Gustad compare Ghulam Mohammed to?
4. What type of dog does Mr. Rabadi have?
5. When the march pauses in front of the wall of sacred paintings in Chapter 22, who is the only person venerating Zarathustra?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the article that Dinshawji brings for Gustad to read.
2. Why does Tehmul get hit with a brick?
3. Describe the incident that occurs between the four children, the milk seller, and Gustad.
4. Why does Ghulam Mohammed tell Gustad that he needs to return the money immediately? How does he threaten Gustad?
5. Describe the air raid shelter that Gustad and Darius build.
6. Describe the morcha.
7. Where does Ghulam Mohammed meet Gustad in Chapter 16, and what does he request? How is his demeanor different in this chapter from other chapters?
8. Why are the Nobles' medical expenses so high, and how do they pay them?
9. Where do Laurie and Gustad meet on their lunch hour, and what do they discuss?
10. What is Cavasji doing in Chapter 20, and what does Gustad note that is different about him?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)