|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hits Tehmul in the head in Chapter 22?
(a) A large stone.
(b) A brick.
(c) The butt of a pistol.
(d) An apple.
2. Who does Gustad see outside the Tower of Silence?
(a) Dr. Paymaster.
(b) Ghulam Mohammed.
(c) Laurie Coutino.
(d) Mr. Madon.
3. When the march pauses in front of the wall of sacred paintings in Chapter 22, who is the only person venerating Zarathustra?
(a) Hydraulic Hema.
(b) Dr. Paymaster.
(c) The manager of the cinema.
(d) Peerbhoy Panwalla.
4. According to Dilnavaz, what will "burn up" Gustad's blood?
(c) Overcooked soup.
(d) Hot tea.
5. What sound is present in the first sentence of Chapter 13?
(a) An air raid siren.
(c) A mandolin.
(d) Birds singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what animals does Gustad compare the soldiers he sees in the train station in Chapter 18?
2. According to the newspaper reports of Major Bilimoria's crime, whose voice does he imitate?
3. Who, along with Dr. Paymaster, leads the march?
4. In Chapter 14, who causes a disturbance at the House of Cages?
5. As the artist notes in Chapter 13, Part 1, what does someone leave in front of Saraswati?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tehmul get hit with a brick?
2. Describe the morcha.
3. Why does Tehmul love the doll?
4. Describe Dinshawji's funeral.
5. Why are the Nobles' medical expenses so high, and how do they pay them?
6. Summarize the article that Dinshawji brings for Gustad to read.
7. Where does Ghulam Mohammed meet Gustad in Chapter 16, and what does he request? How is his demeanor different in this chapter from other chapters?
8. Describe Gustad's interaction with the young man who sleeps in the luggage rack on the train.
9. What is Cavasji doing in Chapter 20, and what does Gustad note that is different about him?
10. What happens to the pavement artist at the end of the novel?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)