|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Indian Tennyson of Chapter 3?
2. Where does Miss Kutpitia buy her milk?
(a) From the supermarket.
(b) From the street vendor.
(c) From the Parsi Dairy Farm.
(d) From the gas station on the corner.
3. What is Gustad waiting expectantly for at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) The elections.
(b) The birth of a grandchild.
(c) A letter from Major Bilimoria.
(d) His birthday.
4. What is the bhaiya selling in Chapter 1?
5. What comes every day after sunset in Chapter 6?
(a) The butcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who yells at the bhaiya in Chapter 1?
2. Who is the "referee" between Gustad and Sohrab in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 3, which of Gustad's friends comes for dinner?
4. In Chapter 9, Part 3, what is filling the compound when Gustad wakes up in the morning?
5. What is the name of Miss Kutpitia's nephew?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ghulam Mohammed know Major Bilimoria, and what type of relationship do they have?
2. What foods does Dilnavaz cook for Roshan's birthday dinner, and how do her family members and Dinshawji enjoy them?
3. What happens to Miss Kutpitia's brother and nephew, and how does it affect Miss Kutpitia?
4. Why is there enmity between Gustad and his neighbor?
5. Describe the omen that causes Miss Kutpitia not to be able to come to dinner.
6. What is Dilnavaz doing when she "touches wood"?
7. How does Gustad manage to get Friday afternoon off to go to the Chor Bazaar?
8. What happens to Gustad's father's property, and what parts of it remain in Gustad's care?
9. How does Gustad normally spend his lunch hour?
10. What does the letter from Sister Constance say, and how does Gustad respond?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)