|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Gustad plans a special dinner for what occasion?
(a) Sohrab's birthday.
(b) Roshan's birthday.
(d) His own retirement.
2. Who catches the escaped chicken in Chapter 2?
(c) Major Bilimoria.
3. What causes the enmity between Gustad and Mr. Rabadi?
(a) A dog.
(b) Rivalry in the workplace.
(c) Their children's athletic rivalry.
(d) A cat.
4. Where do the proceeds from the raffle go?
(a) To the victims of apartheid in South Africa.
(b) To aid the struggling Indira Gandhi regime.
(c) To the refugees from East Pakistan.
(d) To build wells for the rural villages.
5. What is the name of Miss Kutpitia's nephew?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, which substance is NOT part of Dilnavaz's home remedy to rid Sohrab of his anger towards Gustad?
2. What does Gustad find at the antique booth in Chapter 7?
3. What musical instrument does Gustad's mother play?
4. In addition to Dilnavaz, who witnesses Gustad opening the parcel in Chapter 8?
5. What does Miss Kutpitia suggest to rid Sohrab of his anger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dr. Paymaster's neighborhood.
2. How does Gustad's grandmother cook chicken?
3. Why does Roshan's school hold a raffle?
4. Why is there enmity between Gustad and his neighbor?
5. Why does Tehmul want to talk with Gustad so urgently in Chapter 8?
6. What does the notice that Gustad finds at the end of Chapter 1state? Why does it matter to the residents of the Khodadad Building?
7. What happens to Gustad's father's property, and what parts of it remain in Gustad's care?
8. What is the request Major Bilimoria makes to Gustad, and how does Gustad react?
9. Describe the plan that Major Bilimoria outlines for Gustad with regard to picking up the parcel.
10. Why is Dilnavaz upset that Gustad took tea with Ghulam Mohammed at the bookstall?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)