|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Kutpitia suggest to rid Sohrab of his anger?
2. Who lights a fire outside Gustad's window at the end of Chapter 11?
(b) Mr. Rabadi.
(c) Ghulam Mohammed.
(d) Inspector Bamji.
3. What do the Nobles feed the chicken?
4. In Chapter 4, how much does the water seller want for two glasses of water?
(a) 16 naye paise.
(b) 40 naye paise.
(c) 12 naye paise.
(d) 20 naye paise.
5. Where does Gustad's chicken live?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) In a wicker basket.
(c) With Tehmul.
(d) In a pen outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Nobles keep their medicines?
2. What type of demeanor does Dr. Paymaster have with his patients?
3. What is the prize for the raffle at Roshan's school, as discussed in Chapter 6?
4. About what conversation topic does Sohrab get angry in Chapter 3?
5. What sport does Gustad's grandmother love?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dr. Paymaster's neighborhood.
2. Why does Roshan's school hold a raffle?
3. Why does Miss Kutpitia recommend that Dilnavaz use Tehmul to divert the black magic from Sohrab? How does Dilnavaz respond?
4. How does Gustad manage to get Friday afternoon off to go to the Chor Bazaar?
5. What is Dilnavaz doing when she "touches wood"?
6. Why is Dilnavaz upset that Gustad took tea with Ghulam Mohammed at the bookstall?
7. What does the letter from Sister Constance say, and how does Gustad respond?
8. Describe the plan that Major Bilimoria outlines for Gustad with regard to picking up the parcel.
9. Why does Dinshawji have bad breath, and what treatments has he tried in the past? What treatment does he use now?
10. What does the notice that Gustad finds at the end of Chapter 1state? Why does it matter to the residents of the Khodadad Building?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)