|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Gustad sitting when Chapter 10 opens?
(a) In his grandfather's chair.
(b) On the bus.
(c) At the desk in his office.
(d) In the waiting room at the doctor's office.
2. Who reminds Miss Kutpitia of her nephew?
3. What part of Gustad's body suffers most from his accident nine years ago?
(a) His legs.
(b) His hip.
(c) His right hand.
(d) His left shoulder.
4. According to Gustad's memories in Chapter 4, what are he and young Sohrab going to eat at K. Rustom & Co.?
(d) Pistachio ice cream.
5. Who entertains the group during the lunch hour at the bank?
(b) Laurie Coutino.
(d) Gandoo Raj.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Roshan want Gustad and Dilnavaz to do to prove they are finished fighting?
2. What color ink is "used exclusively for inscribing greeting cards or white wedding gift envelopes"?
3. What does the sign outside Dr. Paymaster's office say?
4. In Chapter 10, how much money does Gustad decide to deposit in the bank each day?
5. How many floors does the Khodadad Building have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the notice that Gustad finds at the end of Chapter 1state? Why does it matter to the residents of the Khodadad Building?
2. What is the state of Gustad's clothing? Why?
3. Describe the omen that causes Miss Kutpitia not to be able to come to dinner.
4. Describe the plan that Major Bilimoria outlines for Gustad with regard to picking up the parcel.
5. Describe the events of Gustad's accident.
6. What causes the crowd surrounding Gustad's accident to come to a heated debate with regard to the water seller?
7. Why does Miss Kutpitia recommend that Dilnavaz use Tehmul to divert the black magic from Sohrab? How does Dilnavaz respond?
8. As Dilnavaz becomes more desperate to take the evil spell off of Sohrab, what does she do to Tehmul in Chapter 10?
9. What three things are worrying Gustad at the beginning of Chapter 9?
10. Why is Dilnavaz upset that Gustad took tea with Ghulam Mohammed at the bookstall?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)